HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 World Junior Tournament Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2011, 11:57 PM
goosh
TwoForRoughing

vCash: 500
Pabeda Russiya!

Old
01-06-2011, 12:02 AM
riznat

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Really late to the party, just watched the game. YES!!!! WHAT A GAME! WJC is consistently such good ish!

Congrats Russia! Kitsyn rocked all tournament. WOOohooohooo!!!
**** you Canada! your not entitled to ****

Old
01-06-2011, 12:04 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
Scheeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn. I want one more point so he stands alone on the leader board
You guys realize its only the Canadian tourney record, right? Peter Forsberg hold the all time record with 42 points in only two tourneys. Playing Japan helped when they won 20-1 and he got 10 points in that game alone though..

Old
01-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Lanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
According to TSN:
http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=348167
It was disclosed after the game that Schenn played despite suffering a separated shoulder in Sunday's quarter-final win over Switzerland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
Man, the kid is a beast. Lombardi is probably smiling right now. His favorite kind of player, huh?

I'm really happy for all of our kids, and the Canada meltdown was a collapse, but major props to the Russians for fighting back again.
That really explains it for me. I sensed something was off in the last couple of games(Swiss, USA) because he went from dominating to shying away. Full props to Schenn for picking it up again tonight, it was a good game.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:22 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Hence my singling out of the cocky, drunk jerkwads who were probably talking all kinds of trash during the first 60 minutes.

Look...I like Canada and all of her children but, to put it in NHL terms, I'm not going to refrain from sticking it to a Ducks fan after a tough loss just because said loss was a crushing one.
Right, that's why I said that I honestly think its good or fine for you to do so. I wasn't necessarily saying you by the way but more the vast majority of people posting around the boards in general. Who would I be to say anything to anyone about how they express themselves as fans. That would be truly wrong on my part.

I was just saying that in this case what really caught everyone in Canada off guard and caused the most sting was when the U.S. won the gold.

Sorry if it sounded sanctimonious, however anyone celebrates is their own right and cool with me.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:58 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Really late to the party, just watched the game. YES!!!! WHAT A GAME! WJC is consistently such good ish!

Congrats Russia! Kitsyn rocked all tournament. WOOohooohooo!!!
**** you Canada! your not entitled to ****
You guys kill me lmao, I see you're still bitter about our Olympic gold eh? Damn son, and why are you guys even talking smack? Last I checked a silver medal was a lot better than a bronze one. You might've won the last World Juniors but we won the 5 previous ones and been to the finals the last 10 years. You can talk **** about Canadians all you want but the truth is we're the #1 country for hockey, whether it's World Juniors or in the Olympics, it's our sport

Old
01-06-2011, 02:27 AM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
You guys kill me lmao, I see you're still bitter about our Olympic gold eh? Damn son, and why are you guys even talking smack? Last I checked a silver medal was a lot better than a bronze one. You might've won the last World Juniors but we won the 5 previous ones and been to the finals the last 10 years. You can talk **** about Canadians all you want but the truth is we're the #1 country for hockey, whether it's World Juniors or in the Olympics, it's our sport
And yet, even with that attitude you placed 2nd. Not entitled to ****, my point exactly.

Old
01-06-2011, 02:33 AM
outofrange

Congrats to Russia! That was a crazy game man. They were so resilient.

Also congrats to Kitsyn, Schenner, and Forbort. They all medalled and that's great for their development. I can't believe that Schenn played with a separated shoulder though. That dude has some major balls.

Old
01-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Shellz

Quote:
We know hockey is Canada's sport. But, it's not always going to be your Gold. Get use to it.

Old
01-06-2011, 05:02 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Forbort is said to have been injured prior to the tourney and I can say that as far as I know that is true but to what extent and the specific nature of the injury, well that ends up being a little bit iffy. I was told that it was his left hand/arm but have to wonder if it may not have also been a little more significant than some of us had first believed.

When he played he played well and if you consider his alleged injuries he even played very well. What I can say about his tourney from my point of view is that he plays allot smarter of a game then you would expect a huge player like him to play. His skating looked excellent at times and better than average at others.

He should make it back to the WJC's next year and I would expect big things from him if he does.
Now I understand, why he was not as physical as I hoped. And didn't shoot the puck.

Should (in your mind) LA Kings sign Forbort after this season and send him to the OHL (or even to the AHL) next season? Is North-Dakota/NCAA a good place to him?

Last edited by Vino: 01-06-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old
01-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Chartrand

Quote:

Old
01-06-2011, 09:47 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Heckuva tournament.

Discussion can be continued in the WJC forum.

Closed Thread