HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival has a ribcage injury

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2011, 06:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Rozsival pulled a muscle near his rib cage early in the third that kept him off the ice for the final 11:33 of the third and the 3:09 of last night's 2-1 Garden overtime victory over the Hurricanes. He is considered "day-to-day," according to coach John Tortorella.

Tortorella then confirmed that McDonagh, who signed this summer following his junior year at Wisconsin, would be one of the seven defensemen making the trip. Thus if Rozsival cannot go, McDonagh will be set to make his NHL debut.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...Wvx6ZkjuQ4xlIP

Mark Messier was prone to suffering pulled muscles in his ribcage. He couldn't play with those injuries. It's hard to recover from a shift when you're sitting on the bench getting ready for next shift and it feels like someone is stabbing you. Trying to get oxygen in your lungs and you feel like your chest is going to explode.

Old
01-06-2011, 06:24 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Too bad for Roszival, but, from where I view things, I don't see this as necessarily bad. To me, this continues to be a transition year, despite the Rangers playoff status, (which I admit, I did not expect), the most important facet of this year, to me, remains the continued establishment and growth of the youth of the organization. McDonagh being inserted into the lineup is just another example of that.

Old
01-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Injuries are a funny thing. The 2008 Yankees were slammed with injuries to key players like Posada and Wang, because of that they failed to even make the playoffs. The 2009 Yankees were virtually injury free and won the WS.
What's funny about that? That's what you EXPECT.

Old
01-06-2011, 07:25 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

this guy is always freekin hurt. come on already. man up.

a few more games off is good for him though. his importance to the team will be discussed at length and and the fact that he plays alot of minutes will be highlighted lauded. when hes not dressed, his importance to the team increases exponentially. not watching him look like a lumbering dufus on the ice tends to do that.

there may even be a rozy appreciation thread detailing how important he is to the team. pretty sure someone will mention that he plays alot of minutes.... oh wait...

the fact that we win without him in the lineup wont be mentioned however.....

Old
01-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

a few more games off is good for him though. his importance to the team will be discussed at length and and the fact that he plays alot of minutes will be highlighted lauded. when hes not dressed, his importance to the team increases exponentially. not watching him look like a lumbering dufus on the ice tends to do that.

there may even be a rozy appreciation thread detailing how important he is to the team. pretty sure someone will mention that he plays alot of minutes.... oh wait...

It's only day to day. He is the only vet in the lineup and has been a Ranger for a long time but with that I think it's time we move him and free up some cap space for a C. It may not be this year but in the offseason for freaking sure. he should be moveable given the 3 million in actual dollars is rather fair for him and a team like Atlanta would like that as they will never actually go over the cap

Old
01-06-2011, 08:11 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

2005-06 82 games
2006-07 80 games
2007-08 80 games
2008-09 76 games
2009-10 82 games
2010-11 32 games (out of 41)

He's missed 10 games in 5 years prior to this year. And this year, everyone is getting hurt it seems. No reason to single out Rosy other than your bias against him.

Old
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:

He played 400 out of 410 games from 05/06 - 09/10. Yeah, he's always hurt...

We get it. Rozsival is horrible. Lisin is amazing.

Old
01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Oh goody. Now we get to see:

Staal - Girardi
Eminger - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy
Outside of Eminger now, that is a completely home-grown D-core.

Old
01-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Rozi is hurt?

BOOO! BOOO!

Old
01-06-2011, 08:45 AM
pwoz

Rozsival for Commodore.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Even as a Rozsival hater, you've got to acknowledge that having Staal and Girardi play 30 minutes/night isn't ideal.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
Outside of Eminger now, that is a completely home-grown D-core.
And MDZ isn't even in there right now.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:33 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Even as a Rozsival hater, you've got to acknowledge that having Staal and Girardi play 30 minutes/night isn't ideal.
i prefer extreme disliker.... hate is such a harsh word.

ill give you that, 30 minutes is too much for those 2. the thought of having eminger and sauer play more initially sounds scary, but when you consider their play recently, its less of a concern.

looks like we are going to need to lean on another pair to play more or perhaps, its time to make a move.

either way, my point continues to be, im pretty sure we wont be missing much with rozy not dressing.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:
When was the last time rozsival missed an extended period of time due to injury

Old
01-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Orr Nightmare

GOD has answered my prays...

I think Sauer, Gilroy, Emminger will all be able to pick up another 2-3 minutes a game.

The more I see Sauer on the ice the better he gets...

Rozsival is nothing more than an average NHL defender and if his supporters disagree I would like an explaination of what he does above average!

Ryan McDonaugh might experience some growing pains but he will be exceptionally better than Rozy within 3 months.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
On the bright side,Callahan had a good check up tonight and will begin skating this weekend.
That is super good news.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:

Was at the game last night. Two things were clear, Avery was the best player on the ice and Rozi was the worst. This is no loss at all.

You want to establish a forecheck and sustained puck possession? Dump the puck into Rozi's corner and two very good things can and usually do happen. One, the forward beats him to the puck and begins the cycle or two Rozi get their first (he must have a big head start) and then loses the wall battle and the cycle begins. Playing alot of minutes on a team with alot of inexperience d-men does not mean he is doing the job. It means he is the safer alternative for the coach.

Sauer right now is twice the defender Rozi is and McD will make us forget this lazy old man very quickly. Enough already. Rozi although a class act is a has been and needs to be moved or benched. Perfect timing for an injury unless you believe management is showcasing him for a deal.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Bring Up Valentenko!
hear hear!!

Old
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Was at the game last night. Two things were clear, Avery was the best player on the ice and Rozi was the worst. This is no loss at all.

You want to establish a forecheck and sustained puck possession? Dump the puck into Rozi's corner and two very good things can and usually do happen. One, the forward beats him to the puck and begins the cycle or two Rozi get their first (he must have a big head start) and then loses the wall battle and the cycle begins. Playing alot of minutes on a team with alot of inexperience d-men does not mean he is doing the job. It means he is the safer alternative for the coach.

Sauer right now is twice the defender Rozi is and McD will make us forget this lazy old man very quickly. Enough already. Rozi although a class act is a has been and needs to be moved or benched. Perfect timing for an injury unless you believe management is showcasing him for a deal.
how dare you speak the truth.

you must run, run away now before they come for you......

Old
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
NYR Viper

I am excited to see McDonagh play. Hopefully Gilroy and Sauer can step up and continue their good play so that Sather can feel comfortable moving him.

I am in no way a Rozsival-hater. However, I see this year as a transition year and would rather see Valentenko or McDonagh playing over Rozsival who has no future with the team.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
how dare you speak the truth.

you must run, run away now before they come for you......
I can feel them typing. I'm not a hater. I'm a long time, loyal Ranger fan who happens to have season tickets for 18 years. And I don't boo my guys, but when I see a weakness on the team, it needs to be discussed as the goal is to win the cup; not coddle over the hill d-men. We have a strong pipeline now and it's time to turn the page with this guy. Nothing personal Rozi.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:41 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

rational dislike for any given player can only be taken seriously if the criticism is based soley on the the players performance on the ice. thats all i care about. its not personal with me either.

i think rozy has been a loyal soldier for us and i have no problem with him other than his value to this team and right now, his value is highest if hes moved.

unlike alot of people, ive watched him play for a long time since he was a pitts draft pick playing his first year in syracuse along side another young dman, brent sopel.

he and i go way back..

Old
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I can feel them typing. I'm not a hater. I'm a long time, loyal Ranger fan who happens to have season tickets for 18 years. And I don't boo my guys, but when I see a weakness on the team, it needs to be discussed as the goal is to win the cup; not coddle over the hill d-men. We have a strong pipeline now and it's time to turn the page with this guy. Nothing personal Rozi.
I have fought this fight for almost a month...Rozy is nothing more than a 5-6 dman getting 3-4 minutes because of his contract...to me, he is our weakest dman. MDZ will get his game back in Hartford.

If we can get a 2nd round pick...we should jump @ the chance...in the last 4 years...Gordie has had very solid drafts...lets give him more ammo

Old
01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
GOD has answered my prays...

I think Sauer, Gilroy, Emminger will all be able to pick up another 2-3 minutes a game.

The more I see Sauer on the ice the better he gets...

Rozsival is nothing more than an average NHL defender and if his supporters disagree I would like an explaination of what he does above average!

Ryan McDonaugh might experience some growing pains but he will be exceptionally better than Rozy within 3 months.
I think hes slightly above average because he is capable of logging huge minutes. He's also a gamer. He shows up in the big games down the stretch and in the playoffs, and if you dont agree then you havent been watching closely enough. Whats wrong with an average defender anyway? The three you mentioned are average...

Agree on Sauer, hes capable of playing more, but i cannot say that MCD is going to be "exceptionally better" than Rozy in 3 months - thats an absurd comment imo. If he was that talented he would be on the team from the start.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:08 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

And the injuries continue to pile up. One of these months we'll finally have a fully healthy roster, right?

Closed Thread