HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Callahan more valuable than we thought?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
  #51
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Thank you. Thank you. And thank you.
Pro Jackass




Lol

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:40 PM
  #52
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,785
vCash: 500
if this team didnt block shots, it would be contending for a lottery pick. that is how we have to win. block shots, get ugly goals, crash the net, outwork the opposition, etc. to quote herb brooks from Miracle "you think you can win on talent alone? Gentleman you dont have enough talent to win on talent alone"

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
  #53
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
HBNYC you are spot on.

Hopefully the rest of team steps up enough to keep us from falling too far behind, and Cally returms in good health for a playoff push/run.

Drury cannot fill Cally's skates.

On another note: I would like to see the Rangers jettison the "Blocked shots as a strategy". Too injury prone as an idea. I've never liked it. It might win you a game, or prevent some goals from time to time, but as a strategy it sucks. Does nothing to increase puck possession, just creates extended rebounds and causes injuries. I don't recall the Detroit Red Wings blocking this many shots.
First of all, you started the attack with the "little girl" comment. I didn't attack any poster or even disagree with any specific poster in my OP. I merely stated that dislike the blocked shots as a strategy. So yeah, that's a twerp comment.

I never said we should not block shots. I said they overuse that tactic. I said "as a strategy is sucks". When you are blocking shots you are basically standing still, hence the "cone" comment. I asked how that helps puck possession, where's your answer to that?

I mentioned The Red Wings, any stats there? Yeah, I know we don't have that kind of talent, but our forecheck is what has been the difference this year not stupid blocked shots.

"Notice we've blocked many more shots than last year and thus have let in significantly less goals?" Says who?!

Disgruntled? I love this team. Now who's talking out of their ass.

I am not a professional athlete, pretender, wannabe. I am a spectator and a fan of hockey, and in my opinion the blocked shot strategy, to the extent that the Rangers (and other teams) have been using it over the past few years because of the newer technology equipment, is a detriment to the game. It's not what I want to watch.

Respect that.


Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 01-05-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: word
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
  #54
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
First of all, you started the attack with the "little girl" comment. I didn't attack any poster or even disagree with any specific poster in my OP. I merely stated that dislike the blocked shots as a strategy. So yeah, that's a twerp comment.

I never said we should not block shots. I said they overuse that tactic. I said "as a strategy is sucks". When you are blocking shots you are basically standing still, hence the "cone" comment. I asked how that helps puck possession, where's your answer to that?

I mentioned The Red Wings, any stats there? Yeah, I know we don't have that kind of talent, but our forecheck is what has been the difference this year not stupid blocked shots.

"Notice we've blocked many more shots than last year and thus have let in significantly less goals?" Says who?!

Disgruntled? I love this team. Now who's talking out of their ass.

I am not a professional athlete, pretender, wannabe. I am a spectator and a fan of hockey, and in my opinion the blocked shot strategy, to the extent that the Rangers (and other teams) have been using it over the past few years because of the newer technology equipment, is a detriment to the game. It's not what I want to watch.

Respect that.
i havent read this whole debate, but to me it all comes down to working with what you have. if we had datsyuk, zetterberg, lidstrom, franzen, holmstrom, rafalski, etc and were playing a grind it out style, id be pissed. but we dont. we have north american type straight ahead guys. we dont have a lot of skill on this team, even our most skilled player, Gabby, is really a 2 trick pony in that hes all about straight ahead speed and the quick release on his shot...hes got almost zero dangle.

our team is playing almost perfect hockey when you consider what we have to work with, and how banged up we have been.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
  #55
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
You guys completely miss the point.

It's not good hockey.

It's not fun to watch.

Soon there will be a rule change to cut it back.

And at the end of the day it is NOT a way to win more games.

I disagree.

I'm a moron? that's how you respond?

I don't have to like what you like moron.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:03 PM
  #56
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
You guys completely miss the point.

It's not good hockey.
of course it is, its fundamentally sound, and even simple math proves it out. if a goalie saves 92% of the shots he takes, if you limit the amount of shots he takes, he will let in fewer goals. Martin Brodeur has built his entire career on the team in front of him blocking shots/limiting scoring chances. Hes a good goalie thats made to be one of the greatest in history thanks to this strategy.

Quote:
It's not fun to watch.
i agree, its not fun to watch.

Quote:
Soon there will be a rule change to cut it back.
how exactly? 2 minute penalty for blocking shots?

Quote:
And at the end of the day it is NOT a way to win more games.
could not disagree with you more. it may not be the perfect way given a different set of players, but blocking shots without a doubt leads to winning more games. giving up fewer goals = winning more games.

Quote:
I disagree.
fair enough.
Quote:
I'm a moron? that's how you respond?

I don't have to like what you like moron.
probably not directed at me.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:07 PM
  #57
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
You guys completely miss the point.

It's not good hockey.

It's not fun to watch.

Soon there will be a rule change to cut it back.

And at the end of the day it is NOT a way to win more games.

I disagree.

I'm a moron? that's how you respond?

I don't have to like what you like moron.
You guys completely miss the point.

It's not good hockey. It is good to watch a good blue collar team win games with handwork and heart

It's not fun to watch.it's fun to watch guys lay it all out on the ice everygame,it's also fun watching the Nyr play with an identity

Soon there will be a rule change to cut it back.there's never going to be a rule change that somehow prohibits players from playing like men, laying the body out to block shots or limit shot blocking at all

And at the end of the day it is NOT a way to win more games.it is a way to win, exhibit A the rangers are 22-15-3

I disagree.so do I

I'm a moron? that's how you respond?

I don't have to like what you like moron.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:43 PM
  #58
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Gaborik tonight:

This is exactly how I want Gaborik to play.

He's being decisive, he's skating with urgency, strong play on the boards...

High compete level. That's exactly what I was talking about in the other thread.

And because he is playing like this, the team looks like it has life in the offensive zone.

All it takes is effort.

All I want is for him to sustain this effort game to game. And we should be in good shape down the stretch.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
  #59
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
@Inferno: Thank you!

"of course it is, its fundamentally sound, and even simple math proves it out. if a goalie saves 92% of the shots he takes, if you limit the amount of shots he takes, he will let in fewer goals. Martin Brodeur has built his entire career on the team in front of him blocking shots/limiting scoring chances. Hes a good goalie thats made to be one of the greatest in history thanks to this strategy."

Well, yeah ok it's effective. I was speaking more from the emotional fan perspective. But I'd argue that it can be a detriment as well, when you block shots (as much as the Rangers) you are giving up posession, and I'm talking 5 on 5 here. and I don't mean you NEVER block shots! BUt IMO what we do is too much.

"i agree, its not fun to watch."

K. and that's my main problem with it.

"how exactly? 2 minute penalty for blocking shots? "

OK, I'm reaching there, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of rule change.

"could not disagree with you more. it may not be the perfect way given a different set of players, but blocking shots without a doubt leads to winning more games. giving up fewer goals = winning more games."

I think we'd be better off concentrating on getting the puck back and blowing through the neutral zone to get our forecheck going. Block a shot opportunistically to counter-punch and transition to offense instead of block a shot, get ready to block another shot, block another shot...sooner or later they go in. It's a mentality of "on your heels", I don't like it.

"probably not directed at me."

absolutely not directed at you

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:46 PM
  #60
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,472
vCash: 500
Callahan has the green light to begin some skating

Quote:
Ryan Callahan (broken left hand) expected to resume skating this weekend after a good check-up tonight.
http://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/s...53553945059328

Quote:
Callahan not making trip to Dallas and St. Louis but will skate Sunday on his own at the Rangers' practice facility.
http://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/s...55543605428224

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
  #61
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Callahan can't get back soon enough.

I need to get a Callahan jersey for my 5 year old Timbit player, he plays the same type of game

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:15 PM
  #62
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Guys... you have to block shots. Its just the way it is. You have to try to prevent goals and scoring opportunities.

Good luck trying to get players to stop doing it.

Its like getting them to wear:

-Visors
-neck guards
-wrist guards
-the plastic puck deflectors on skates

If they all wore those four things (and they don't prevent movement or add weight) they could avoid needless serious injuries.

-If Zhednik is wearing a neck guard, his jugular vein isn't sliced open.

Not only did it get sliced open, and he almost bled to death on the ice, he still doesn't wear a neck guard after that!

-If Berrard is wearing a visor (was he?) he isn't blind in one eye.

-If player X is wearing wrist guards, their wrist isn't broken when they get slashed.

-If player X has those things strapped to his skates, his foot isn't broken when he blocks a shot.

If more players wear Messier's (albeit not as "cool" looking) helmet, more concussions are prevented.

...Smartly, the Rangers at least added extra protection to the backrolls on their gloves.

The CHL got that right, visors are required. And I see a lot of players with neck guards.

Neck guards at least should be a requirement in the NHL. Just to prevent the fatal injuries (protect major veins in the neck), at least.

Those neck guards are super lightweight and breathable. And most of them have antimicrobial liner to stop smells and bacteria.

Oh well, it would be a losing battle to get them to wear those things.

Hopefully it doesn't take a tragedy to make them mandatory. The Zhednik injury should've been the wake up call, IMO.

Visors could also prevent serious life altering facial damage, too, not just eye injuries. A linesman in the NHL recently (in a Rangers game) got struck in the face by an errant skate. He needed facial reconstruction, and he couldn't walk either. It was life threatening. And life altering.

Think, a simple visor could prevent that from happening.

These players really are warriors on ice.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:36 PM
  #63
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Good news on Cally, sounds like he won't be far away.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM
  #64
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'm surprised too - and thats kinda what I wanted to convey.

If you told me i wouldve posted that OP 3 weeks ago, i would've said you're nuts. Because If theres anyone who appreciates Callys leadership, effort and consistency I'd like to think its me. I'm surprised at myself for maybe thinking we could "get by" without him for a little while and its not just because the Rangers have had trouble scoring lately. Its more than that.

Im just trying to point out that I can see things getting hairy the next few weeks here and I keep going back to what this team lacks without Cally in the lineup - so i decided to offer up a bit of crow to myself and in the process credit Callahan's presence even more.

Not saying this team is going to fall off the map by any means. But the games have caught up to them. They are in 7th now, they have a bit of a trap game tonight against a team thats had their number lately. Tonights huge because the next 6 games after tonight the Rangers play 6 playoff teams, all of whom average 48 points on the season and then they still have the Thrashers and Caps AFTER that this month.

Very tough road ahead, and unfortunately I think this thread is going to become more appropriate for lack of a better word.
Good post man. At the bottom line is the fact that we now have guys like Callahan and Dubinsky. That's the big silver lining in this for me. That and the fact the Dubi is really being stretched now. He'll be a much better player for this experience.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
  #65
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,785
vCash: 500
we should just start suiting our players up in our new red and gold uniforms:


Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:34 PM
  #66
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
we should just start suiting our players up in our new red and gold uniforms:

I hate those thirds. Never dug the color scheme.

Now THESE thirds...


BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
  #67
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I hate those thirds. Never dug the color scheme.

Now THESE thirds...

sign me up!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
  #68
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
I'm in.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
  #69
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
he's as valuable as kryptodiamondium set in a laser ring

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
  #70
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
First of all, you started the attack with the "little girl" comment. I didn't attack any poster or even disagree with any specific poster in my OP. I merely stated that dislike the blocked shots as a strategy. So yeah, that's a twerp comment.

I never said we should not block shots. I said they overuse that tactic. I said "as a strategy is sucks". When you are blocking shots you are basically standing still, hence the "cone" comment. I asked how that helps puck possession, where's your answer to that?

I mentioned The Red Wings, any stats there? Yeah, I know we don't have that kind of talent, but our forecheck is what has been the difference this year not stupid blocked shots.

"Notice we've blocked many more shots than last year and thus have let in significantly less goals?" Says who?!

Disgruntled? I love this team. Now who's talking out of their ass.

I am not a professional athlete, pretender, wannabe. I am a spectator and a fan of hockey, and in my opinion the blocked shot strategy, to the extent that the Rangers (and other teams) have been using it over the past few years because of the newer technology equipment, is a detriment to the game. It's not what I want to watch.

Respect that.
This argument gets more ridiculous as it goes along. You just dont get it I guess.

What the rangers PLAYERS do is not really a strategy. It is just the way they play. When they're playing the game they are not going into saying ok we have to block "x" amount of shots. No, what they do is go down and block a shot when the situation presents itself. I'm sorry but you just sound ridiculous, there's no other way of putting it. This isn't some "tactic" or "strategy." If Anisimov does not go sliding down in front of the rebound shot in the 3rd period last night against Carolina, they probably would have scored.

And you cant always have the puck so I really do not know where you are going with that. You do realize you are going to have to play defense. No you cant just always go and get the puck. These are NHL players. Some one comes at them and they are skilled enough to get around him. You may see it as them being "cones" but when you're in your own end playing defense it is them getting in shooting lanes. Good example was Fedotenko last night, who after bruising his hand pretty bad in florida, was going down i believe on the PK in the 1st period to block a shot. The shot was not taken. The point man was forced to move and reposition himself twice because Feds kept going down and taking away the lane. Not to mention when you do go down, you force a shooter to shoot high which helps make Henrik's job a lot easier. This whole crap you're trying to push for about puck possession is weak and unnecessary argument. You recover the puck when you block the shot, it goes wide from taking away the shooting lane, or when you force them to pass to a teammate that you put pressure on because he is most likely on the sideboards with less of an angle to shoot at the net. That is hockey. Maybe you should pay a little more attention.

As for your other insane statements, because really thats what they are:

We are not the Red Wings. Plain and simple. We do NOT have that kind of talent. We do not have Zetteberg and Datsyuk. We don't have Lidstrom manning the point. It is a totally different developed team.

We have blocked more shots this year. Our record is better than last year. Hmmmmm...maybe there's some kind of correlation. But maybe you just refuse to acknowledge that.

Not sure how I'm talking out of my ass? You can love a team all you want, doesn't mean you're not disgruntled over it. This argument came out of nowhere and YOU, and YOU ALONE, are the only one making it.

NO, there won't be a rule change on BLOCKING A SHOT. Christ this is just awful reading these comments from you because you keep arguing something that is part of the game and you simply dont realize it. I'd venture to say that you never played ice hockey competitively based on the comments you are making. Yeah there are rule changes for hits to the head. That is a lot different then blocking a shot.

And it's not what you want to watch? Ok so then dont watch the game because it is not going to change. You dont think its fun and entertaining fine, that is your opinion. But then like i said just dont watch. This is a blue collar hardworking team and I love it. I love the fact that this team will go down and block a shot in a regular season game. They've been doing it since game 1. That shows me that these players aren't just here to collect there paycheck. They bleed blue, they wear their heart on their sleeve, and they want to win. That matters to me as a fan. Yeah I don't like that there is the risk of injury when they block a shot, but that is like i've said, part of the game. The fact that these are the type of players we have makes me think there is the possibility that this team could do serious damage in the playoffs even if we are a really young team. They will do whatever it takes to win. That is all you can ask for as a fan. I'd rather them go down and block a shot to potentially save a goal and risk a serious injury then stand their and let it get by them.

You can argue all you want but you're wrong. I agree blocking shots is not pretty but I would never want it out of the game. There is nothing else to respect about what you're saying

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 11:12 AM
  #71
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
@Jagr68NYR94Leetch: I really don't get your hostility. What is up with that?

Why the attempt to be-little me? There's no reason for that.

You played some high school hockey and you think that gives you the right to act with superiority? as if your Scotty Bowman for chrissakes?

"We have blocked more shots this year." Again: says who?

Me? I'm Howard Cosell.

Back on topic: I think Cally is huge part of the future of this team and he does a helluva lot more than block shots.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
  #72
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
@Jagr68NYR94Leetch: I really don't get your hostility. What is up with that?

Why the attempt to be-little me? There's no reason for that.

You played some high school hockey and you think that gives you the right to act with superiority? as if your Scotty Bowman for chrissakes?

"We have blocked more shots this year." Again: says who?

Me? I'm Howard Cosell.

Back on topic: I think Cally is huge part of the future of this team and he does a helluva lot more than block shots.
There is no hostility, I can assure you of that. I apologize if I have come off harsh. I guess I was shocked that someone could be complaining and/or discrediting the value of this team blocking shots. It is important to their game. It is part of the identity they have taken on as the blue collar, hardworking team that fights for every win. I'm sure comments have been spurred by the injuries we have and the frustration it is giving you. But that comes with the the territory. That is hockey. Blocking shots does help us win. I can't guarantee that every block shot definitely saves a goal, no one can. But for every blocked shot there is, there is one less that Henrik has to stop or better yet fight off when there are players in front of him screening his vision. I wouldnt have it any other way. I love that they go down and sacrifice their body to block a shot in a regular season game. That means something to me as a fan. It shows they want it bad. That is all I can ask for as a passionate fan. We pay ridiculous amounts of money for the tickets they sell to watch them play, the least they can do is show they give a damn about this game that we dont get to play but they do. Girardi has 118 blocked shots so far this year. He leads the league. There is a statistic for you. I truly believe we arent in the position we are in without those blocked by him and the rest of the team. I really believe if you ask fans of other NHL teams, they wont know 80% of our roster. But yet we are in the playoff race. In fact were deep in the playoff race. Them blocking shots is part if that and it isn't going to stop.

EDIT:

Just to add some statistics for you.
The Rangers are 2nd in the league with 651 blocked shots. They trail Atlanta who has 720 blocked shots. As you probably know Atlanta is having a great year for themselves after dealing away their franchise player to the devils last year. Yes Byfuglien is having a great year. But they too incorporate blocking shots. It makes a difference and if this doesn't help you understand that then I don't know what else will.

EDIT:

And also last year we finished tied for 10th with carolina with 1176 blocked shots. Atlanta finished 16th. With half the season gone, if you double their total right now they finish around 1300. By last year's standards, a 1300 finish puts you in the top five in blocked shots. Philadelphia finished 5th and that team as we all know went to the stanley cup. Yeah Chicago may have finished 17th, however, they like the red wings are much more talented team with the likes of Toes, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Byfuglien, Seabrook, and Keith. Much different team.


Last edited by RGY: 01-06-2011 at 02:41 PM.
RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:26 PM
  #73
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
More valuable than who thought exactly?

I don't think Callahan is a franchise player, but it's clear as day that he is the heartbeat of this club.

It's not something the team can't learn to get over, but it was apparent that they struggled to do that the first little bit after his injury there.

I think sometimes the team forgets how they need to play to be successful. With Callahan on the ice, all it takes is his next shift to remind them. He's always visible on the ice.

It will be a huge boost when he returns.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
  #74
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I think sometimes the team forgets how they need to play to be successful. With Callahan on the ice, all it takes is his next shift to remind them. He's always visible on the ice.
I think thats a great way of summing it up...

Very nice to hear hes coming along, hopefully hell be back before February.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
  #75
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,907
vCash: 500
Could not agree more.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.