HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Josh Gorges DONE FOR THE YEAR!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
  #76
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
I hope not.


Hamrlik - Wiz
Gill- Subban
Spacek-Weber
Picard

can do the job.
Isn't Hamrlik injured too?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:19 PM
  #77
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Isn't Hamrlik injured too?
Ya he is, day to day though.

Festerling call up will be the most likely situation as of right now.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
  #78
Dean Ambrose
Moderator
#BESTFORBUSINESS
 
Dean Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 0
The blows keep coming...

This really ****ing sucks.

__________________
"To Paul Bearer, you will always be perfect."

"If there is no Dean Ambrose, there is no Shield." - Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
  #79
GeneralMarky79
Registered User
 
GeneralMarky79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
i love our habs but this clearly isn't our year
Just keep our team the way it is now and let the young guys prove themselves.
One thing is for sure though I cant stand seeing picard I hope Hammer is back soon!!

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
  #80
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,885
vCash: 500
Time to be sellers at the Deadline.


I will never understand why Gorges kept playing as much. The guy was taking every day off as treatment days..Really, didn't they get his knee checked before??...

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
  #81
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,593
vCash: 500
We really do need to add another dman, even if its just a rental. I'm not talking about somebody like Kaberle, and definitely not a terrible contract like Commodore, but we need somebody who can play everyday and make a decent pass out of the zone and skate.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
  #82
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If we do make a trade, our D next year is going to be stacked. We'll go all out for Regehr now. Watch.

A top 7 of: Markov, Wiz, Gorges, Regehr, Subban, Weber and hopefully Emelin. Hamrlik is definitely gone next year if we make a move. Gill would be let go. Spacek would be bought out at two-thirds. That D core has it all.
35+ contract

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
  #83
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Time to be sellers at the Deadline.


I will never understand why Gorges kept playing as much. The guy was taking every day off as treatment days..Really, didn't they get his knee checked before??...
I wouldn't cry if we became sellers. Its too bad we can't sell Spacek now. He will be needed.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
  #84
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,361
vCash: 500


Please don't be out for a longtime Hamrlik. please.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
  #85
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
**** we are so screwed

first Markov and now this....who's our #1 defenceman now? Ouch

i just looked at the standings today for the first time in weeks and boy have we dropped quickly...only 3 points ahead of Carolina

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:28 PM
  #86
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
We really do need to add another dman, even if its just a rental. I'm not talking about somebody like Kaberle, and definitely not a terrible contract like Commodore, but we need somebody who can play everyday and make a decent pass out of the zone and skate.
Unless PK, Wiz and Weber are able to be huge assets, on top of Price pretty much playing Vezina like for the rest of the year, there isn't much point in getting another D.
We need to move see what offers could be made for Hammer and AK.

Our steam has been struggling for a month. Gorges and Markov, our two best Dmen are out for the rest of the year. Hammer is injured as well.

Karma for trading O'Byrne I tell ya!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
  #87
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
I wouldn't cry if we became sellers. Its too bad we can't sell Spacek now. He will be needed.
They'll trade the Wiz for the Leafs first rounder from Boston

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
  #88
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
And 3 pts under Boston and the 3rd spot.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
  #89
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
35+ contract
No matter how many this is mentioned, people just don't seem to get it.

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  #90
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,128
vCash: 500
Awards:
Take Markov and Gorges and leave us with Spacek and Picard...thanks hockey gods, totally fair.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  #91
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Season over.

I just hope Gauthier won't do desperate moves just to make the playoffs by trading some of our future.
Exactly what I was going to write, there is absolutely no chance in the world that we can compete without Markov and Gorges.

Make a one year re-build and trade away a couple of players for picks/prospects at the deadline, instead of be a buyer and trade away our future.

Players that might be available to trade away for picks/prospects:
Gill (great in the playoffs, should get some interest)
Moen (1 year left, might stay)
Hamrlik (if Gauthier don't want to re-sign him in the summer)
Spacek (one can only hope)
Kostitsyn (if Gauthier don't want to re-sign him)
Halpern (could be a decent 4th liner for a contender)
Wisniewski (I really want to re-sign him, but if he want to test free-agency, trade him to a contender)

Call me whatever you want, but with these injuries I would rather see us gain some picks instead of wasting them.

strutsboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
  #92
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,890
vCash: 500
Get better soon, Josh.

Terrible news as a fan and for the Habs. Lost Markov, already lost Gorges, traded O'Byrne (as much as I like Bournival, that looks like an awful deal now), and now Hamrlik has an undisclosed injury - we're not looking good.

Maybe Mathieu Carle will get his chance soon, on the plus side.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
  #93
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,668
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
**** you hockey gods

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
  #94
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
What the **** is going on

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
  #95
blarneylad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Exactly what I was going to write, there is absolutely no chance in the world that we can compete without Markov and Gorges.

Make a one year re-build and trade away a couple of players for picks/prospects at the deadline, instead of be a buyer and trade away our future.

Players that might be available to trade away for picks/prospects:
Gill (great in the playoffs, should get some interest)
Moen (1 year left, might stay)
Hamrlik (if Gauthier don't want to re-sign him in the summer)
Spacek (one can only hope)
Kostitsyn (if Gauthier don't want to re-sign him)
Halpern (could be a decent 4th liner for a contender)
Wisniewski (I really want to re-sign him, but if he want to test free-agency, trade him to a contender)

Call me whatever you want, but with these injuries I would rather see us gain some picks instead of wasting them.
Is Wisniewski a UFA?

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:37 PM
  #96
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
Is Wisniewski a UFA?
Yes, he is.

strutsboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
  #97
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,855
vCash: 500
This one will hurt, especially since Montreal was deriving a lot of its cap efficiency from the contracts of Gorges and Markov. Even if Gauthier makes another move, he's not likely to get such a cap-efficient contract, and Gorges on LITR doesn't save a whole lot of cap.

It won't take many more D-men injuries for the unit to seriously start listing at this rate. Already with Hamrlik out the Habs are playing 4 bottom-pairing D-men.

We may be looking at another season lost to critical injuries. We're not there yet but we're certainly trending that way.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:43 PM
  #98
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
For those of you who believe we should be sellers, come on! We still have a decent group of players. We'll go back on track! Sure it's a bad news, but we still can compete against anybody. Are we a cup contender? No. Can we win the cup? Yes...as long as any team make the playoffs, they have a shot at the cup. Just thnk about Tampa, Edmonton and Carolina. They were not favorite at the beginning of their year, but they all made it to the final, or win the whole thing.

It's not all over. We still have Pleks, Cammy, Gio, Gomez, Wiz and Price. Those players will have to raise their play and lift up a bit...

And yesterday's WJC final...learn from it ;

IT'S NOT OVER TILL IT'S OVER

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
  #99
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Get better soon, Josh.

Terrible news as a fan and for the Habs. Lost Markov, already lost Gorges, traded O'Byrne (as much as I like Bournival, that looks like an awful deal now), and now Hamrlik has an undisclosed injury - we're not looking good.

Maybe Mathieu Carle will get his chance soon, on the plus side.
Think Carle is hurt too

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
  #100
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
This one will hurt, especially since Montreal was deriving a lot of its cap efficiency from the contracts of Gorges and Markov. Even if Gauthier makes another move, he's not likely to get such a cap-efficient contract, and Gorges on LITR doesn't save a whole lot of cap.

It won't take many more D-men injuries for the unit to seriously start listing at this rate. Already with Hamrlik out the Habs are playing 4 bottom-pairing D-men.

We may be looking at another season lost to critical injuries. We're not there yet but we're certainly trending that way.
From what Gauthier said, he's not leaning towards making a deal. He said with Festerling, Carle, Picard, Weber and the addition of Wiz, we have depth.
Obviously, the quality of that depth is nowhere near Markov, Gorges and now Hammer.

Like I previously said, Price will now need to play like Miller did last year for the remainder of the season in order to get his team in a PO spot.
Even then, I really don't want Gauthier to go after a rental. It's tough to imagine we'll be able to get into the POs with our team looking as so. Seriously, I would be very surprised. At least last year, our players were set to come back, but this year both our #1 and 2 Dman gone for the year, I can't be very optimistic.

In any event, you never know what can happen. But if around the deadline we are about 2-4pts away or around the deadline, I want Gauthier to try selling some assets.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.