HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida Panthers-Vancouver Canucks

Old
01-06-2011, 01:57 PM
DJ ROCHE

vCash: 500
Florida Panthers-Vancouver Canucks

Dont kill me,but the teams have history and it could work.

To Vancouver Canucks
stephen weiss

To Florida Panthers
Cody Hodgson and 2011 1st rounder

Last edited by DJ ROCHE: 01-24-2011 at 02:48 PM.
DJ ROCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:01 PM
ShootIt

Does it work cap wise?

I doubt the Canucks are willing to trade off their blue chip prospect and a first for Booth.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
LostMyGlasses*

I don't think the Canucks can add any salary, on top of that, this trade would be soundly rejected by Gillis.

Gillis went rounds 1-3 without a pick last year, and I personally doubt he moves that first or second round pick without a significant piece coming back that helps right away and in the future in terms of cup runs.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

There is no way the Canucks would have any interest in David Booth with that contract; let alone give up that package.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
I don't think the Canucks can add any salary, on top of that, this trade would be soundly rejected by Gillis.

Gillis went rounds 1-3 without a pick last year, and I personally doubt he moves that first or second round pick without a significant piece coming back that helps right away and in the future in terms of cup runs.
Well I would think Booth would improve your top 6 now and for the foreseeable future. Even though he had two concussions last year, he has taken some solid hits this year with no repercussions.

I rather see what it would take to get Mason Raymond from the Canucks. Hodgson is cheap, and has some potential, so I doubt the Canucks want to move him unless it is a overpayment by the other team.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:09 PM
jessebelanger

would booth really help the canucks? can't really see him adding too much to the team..already have a stacked top 6 IMO

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
JAK

we have 9 players that we rotate in and out of our top 6, 10 if you count Glass who gets some playing time on the 2nd line when we need to find something to generate something.

Daniel Henrik Burrows Kesler Raymond Tamberlini Samuelsson Hansen Torres.

That's how deep the Canucks are.

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:15 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
If Vancouver is willing to trade C-H, then that means they lack confidence in his ability to completely recover and reach the potential he's expected to reach.

Before his injury I think we could say he had potential to turn into a 1st line center. But with the injuries he's been through some doubters might say he'd be lucky to turn into a 2nd line center at this point.

If Vancouver's willing to trade him, that kills his trade value IMO.

Booth, on the other hand ...

2007/01/20 Missed 2 games (upper body injury).
2007/10/26 Missed 1 game (neck injury).
2007/12/30 Missed 8 games (knee injury).
2008/12/18 Missed 8 games (left shoulder injury).
2009/03/05 Missed 1 game (rib injury).
2010/01/31 Missed 45 games (concussion).
2010/04/11 Missed the last 9 games of the regular season (concussion).

Those 2 recent concussions are a cause for concern otherwise he isn't in the Gaborik category. Still, if Florida wants to trade him that speaks a volume or two in their belief of him also turning into an injury case.

A long story short, there's no way Vancouver would be adding a 1st rounder. You could argue about whether or not it would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder...but considering Vancouver would be taking on salary, there's no way they'd be paying a 1st.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Well I would think Booth would improve your top 6 now and for the foreseeable future. Even though he had two concussions last year, he has taken some solid hits this year with no repercussions.

I rather see what it would take to get Mason Raymond from the Canucks. Hodgson is cheap, and has some potential, so I doubt the Canucks want to move him unless it is a overpayment by the other team.
The Canucks top 6 is:

D. Sedin/H. Sedin/Burrows
Raymond/Kesler/Tambellini

with Samualsson able to move up if necessary giving them:

Torres/Malhottra/Samualsson
Glass/Bolduc/Hansen

on the bottom 6.

Nucks top 6 is fine and working well. Burrows has been the best fit with the twins in their entire career.

Kesler line is a speed based line and I don't think Booth is faster than the 2 wingers.

Nucks can't add salary anyways. Salo is on LTIR, so if the Nucks want to take him off after he is fully healed from his off season surgery, they need to make cap room. But, they do have the option of Leaving Salo on LTIR until the end of the season, send him down to the Moose for conditioning, and have him ready for the playoffs.

Canucks could use an upgrade at 4th line center. But, personally, I'm hoping that they bring up Hodgson as the 4th line center in the playoffs. He's a 3 zone player and could bring more to the table than Bolduc. Playoff series are generally won/loss by what your depth can provide. Nucks definately need the 4th line to contribute something, be it strong PK or the odd goal.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelanger View Post
would booth really help the canucks? can't really see him adding too much to the team..already have a stacked top 6 IMO
There is some thought that the Canucks could use a higher-end top-six replacement for Tambellini to really put them over the top. That being said, considering Booth's injury problems and contract I agree he's not a fit at all in Vancouver.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Hodgson isn't injured, his trade value is still very high, he'll be a 1st/2nd line center, Canucks can't add cap hits and our top 6 is ridiculously stacked as it is with 10 guys who can (and have) fit in on the top two lines (Sedin x2, Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Tambellini, Samuelsson, Torres, Hansen, Glass)

Winroba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Brendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Hodgson isn't injured, his trade value is still very high, he'll be a 1st/2nd line center, Canucks can't add cap hits and our top 6 is ridiculously stacked as it is with 10 guys who can (and have) fit in on the top two lines (Sedin x2, Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Tambellini, Samuelsson, Torres, Hansen, Glass)
Really? I always thought these guys were fourth liners.

Brendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

NO WAY! Lets leave it where Vancouver rips you guys off and not the other way around.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
Really? I always thought these guys were fourth liners.
They are but they can (and have been) filling top 6 spots this year. Hansen is ridiculously underrated and he has solid hands and he's very smart. When Raymond was injured he was playing on the 2nd line and Glass has been known to play in the top 6/9.

Winroba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Mizral

Just wanted to chime in and say there's absolutely no need for Booth and we can't afford him.

Hansen is at this point becoming what looks like a 2nd/3rd line guy who can both score and play two-way hockey. I have high hopes for this guy and feel he can score 20-25 next year if he can get some more ice time. In the mean time he's going a fantastic job on the 3rd line this year.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say there's absolutely no need for Booth and we can't afford him.

Hansen is at this point becoming what looks like a 2nd/3rd line guy who can both score and play two-way hockey. I have high hopes for this guy and feel he can score 20-25 next year if he can get some more ice time. In the mean time he's going a fantastic job on the 3rd line this year.
Agree with the no need for Booth, and that Hansen is becoming a great depth player. He is however mostly back on the fourth line now that Raymond is back in the lineup. Next year I believe he will replace Torres on the 3rd line though. Nice work by a 9th round pick!

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Cap issues unfortunately.

Would like Reasoner though if we have the room around deadline.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:20 PM
GotKush*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If Vancouver is willing to trade C-H, then that means they lack confidence in his ability to completely recover and reach the potential he's expected to reach.

Before his injury I think we could say he had potential to turn into a 1st line center. But with the injuries he's been through some doubters might say he'd be lucky to turn into a 2nd line center at this point.

If Vancouver's willing to trade him, that kills his trade value IMO.

Booth, on the other hand ...

2007/01/20 Missed 2 games (upper body injury).
2007/10/26 Missed 1 game (neck injury).
2007/12/30 Missed 8 games (knee injury).
2008/12/18 Missed 8 games (left shoulder injury).
2009/03/05 Missed 1 game (rib injury).
2010/01/31 Missed 45 games (concussion).
2010/04/11 Missed the last 9 games of the regular season (concussion).

Those 2 recent concussions are a cause for concern otherwise he isn't in the Gaborik category. Still, if Florida wants to trade him that speaks a volume or two in their belief of him also turning into an injury case.

A long story short, there's no way Vancouver would be adding a 1st rounder. You could argue about whether or not it would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder...but considering Vancouver would be taking on salary, there's no way they'd be paying a 1st.
Come on do you really believe this? Because I'm sure other GM's around the league don't think Cody's stock has dropped that much. Some people like you have to be more patient with prospects and let the guy have some playing time. Now I could definatly see a deadline deal done between Tallon and Gillis revolving around Reasoner, if Bolduc falls out of favor or get's injured.

GotKush* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

How would Booth improve our top 6? He isn't an upgrade on Raymond, and Tambellini is on pace to out score him as well. Even if you put that aside, we can't take on an extra 4+mil in salary, we're tight against the cap. Plus, Hodgson AND a 1st for Booth? You're dreaming.. I wouldnt even trade Hodgson alone.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
hefsbeaver

Quote:

where and how?

hefsbeaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Hell No

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
mgeise

Booth to Vancouver really doesn't make sense due to cap issues, as numerous other posters have said. Vancouver is probably giving up too much in this proposal, as well.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

As I mentioned in another thread, no interest in Booth but if you guys want Hodgson maybe something around Gudbrandson could be worked out.

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Would Booth improve the Canucks top 6? Absolutely.

With cap hit considered? Probably not. In fact looking at Florida's salary situation I don't think any trade between the two teams is possible right now. The only cheap contracts the Panthers have that the Canucks would want are players the Panthers will not trade.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Hodgson actually is injured right now. Took a puck (or a stick, I can't remember which) in the face at practice, got a broken orbital bone. Supposed to come back by now, but still has impaired vision in one eye.

But still not trading him. Not that I don't like Booth or anything, but it doesn't make much sense to move Hodgson.

Oh, and Booth would never work under the salary cap for the Canucks without losing someone else.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote