HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Post #470: Zherdev lower body injury, not likely to play January 6th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
  #526
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Please try to keep your posts short. Otherwise with your current rate of 15 posts per day (that you keep for the last 6 years or so) you might not have time to do anything useful.
He joined in July '04, 6 years and 6 months ago. Assuming that he joined at the beginning of July of that year, he has had 2380 days on this board as of today.

(30 days has September, April, June and November).

29,722 posts / 2380 days =12.488 posts/day for Jester.

Troll with better math next time.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:34 PM
  #527
vera1964
Registered User
 
vera1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
He joined in July '04, 6 years and 6 months ago. Assuming that he joined at the beginning of July of that year, he has had 2380 days on this board as of today.

(30 days has September, April, June and November).

29,722 posts / 2380 days =12.488 posts/day for Jester.

Troll with better math next time.
Good. That means he still has less posts per day than Zherdev scored goals this year. That's a major relief -- I thought Z underperformed here, too.

vera1964 is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
  #528
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Good. That means he still has less posts per day than Zherdev scored goals this year. That's a major relief -- I thought Z underperformed here, too.
BURN!


...not really.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
  #529
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Good. That means he still has less posts per day than Zherdev scored goals this year. That's a major relief -- I thought Z underperformed here, too.
Heh, well Jester assists an argument I would estimate at least once a day. How does your boy do in that category?

McNasty is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
  #530
vera1964
Registered User
 
vera1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Heh, well Jester assists an argument I would estimate at least once a day. How does your boy do in that category?
Just once? Z has 2 assists.

Jester is underperforming...

vera1964 is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
  #531
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Heh, well Jester assists an argument I would estimate at least once a day. How does your boy do in that category?

agrudez* is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
  #532
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
At least I never denied my interest in the subject.

But how you can explain your 56 posts on the thread about unimportant player is beyond me.

Please try to keep your posts short. Otherwise with your current rate of 15 posts per day (that you keep for the last 6 years or so) you might not have time to do anything useful.
Heh.

When I joined this site I was working full time at a start up as a programmer, doing post-bac work at Penn (German and History). Since then I've completed a Masters program abroad (St Andrews, thus my location), and am now in the dissertation phase of a PhD and have taught college courses and been published.

Now, perhaps you don't think that's doing anything useful... but you're going to have to do a bit better than tally up my posts per day (note: I'm a grad student... I spend a LOT of time at a computer... it isn't a chore to slip over and see what's what on HF). The fact of the matter is you talk about Zherdev and Zherdev only, because you apparently have some unhealthy obsession with him. That's your problem, not mine.

EDIT: It should be noted that just because Zherdev is a marginal player on this team, doesn't mean he isn't worth discussion. In fact, Zherdev is easily the most controversial and discussion-worthy player on this team. Where in the lineup should he play? Is Lavi handling this properly? What are the long-term benefits and costs? So on and so forth. There are a multitude of things to talk about with Z. Including fanboys acting like he's a martyr because Lavi isn't particularly enamored with him.


Last edited by Jester: 01-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Jester is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
  #533
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Jester puts the most though and info into his arguments than pretty much anyone else around here. It's not like he comes in this thread and posts "Zherdev sucks" and then leaves, he backs his opinions up with explanations

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 11:20 PM
  #534
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Zherdev is 26 y/o... aka, the prime offensive portion of his career.
he went from a very bad colombus team where he was seen as a top line player to a new york ranger team that counted on him to win games. then playing in a more free skating khl. going from top line playmaker to depth scoring forward is unlearning alot of instincts. i didnt expect him to plug right in and hes not the kind of player you can skate on any line. i wasnt at all surprised to being put on a line with defensive specialists by becoming more selfish. hes a playmaker you have to put him in position to make plays. his defense has improved enough to keep a spot but its his north game not his south one that hes here for. his east west shenanigans have decreased since he started playing with carter and i think as he develops confidence in the guys hes with the chemistry will come.

captainpaxil is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
  #535
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
he went from a very bad colombus team where he was seen as a top line player to a new york ranger team that counted on him to win games. then playing in a more free skating khl. going from top line playmaker to depth scoring forward is unlearning alot of instincts. i didnt expect him to plug right in and hes not the kind of player you can skate on any line. i wasnt at all surprised to being put on a line with defensive specialists by becoming more selfish. hes a playmaker you have to put him in position to make plays. his defense has improved enough to keep a spot but its his north game not his south one that hes here for. his east west shenanigans have decreased since he started playing with carter and i think as he develops confidence in the guys hes with the chemistry will come.
Not sure what this has to do with my point... At 26 y/o, he isn't really in the development phase offensively anymore. Especially if you're talking about him in comparison to guys like JVR.

For my part, I think he needs to ultimately play with Richards... but I don't think Lavi has enough confidence to put him there. If we do trade for Langenbrunner, I think it's a safe bet that he ends up on Richards' wing.

Jester is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 10:14 AM
  #536
vera1964
Registered User
 
vera1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
you talk about Zherdev and Zherdev only, because you apparently have some unhealthy obsession with him. That's your problem, not mine.

EDIT: It should be noted that just because Zherdev is a marginal player on this team, doesn't mean he isn't worth discussion. In fact, Zherdev is easily the most controversial and discussion-worthy player on this team. Where in the lineup should he play? Is Lavi handling this properly? What are the long-term benefits and costs? So on and so forth. There are a multitude of things to talk about with Z. Including fanboys acting like he's a martyr because Lavi isn't particularly enamored with him.
Well, one small correction. I use hfboards to talk about Zherdev and Zherdev only. There are other means of communication, and I use them to discuss other matters.

The reason I am interested in the topic is simple -- you mentioned it yourself: "Zherdev is easily the most controversial and discussion-worthy player on this team". I would even say he is arguably most controversial player in the league.

His potential is clearly underutilized. He is excelent at many things, but rarely seems to be able to put them all togerher... When he is scoring he is not passing. When he is passing he is not scoring. When he is trying, things don't seem to go well for him, and when they finaly start improving, he stops trying... etc. Like a lot of high quality details that don't work well together.

One can't help but wondering if there ever is a coach that will help him to tune it all up. And if yes, what the result will be.

Lastly, the number of posts I made on the topic in half a year after I joined averages in less than 1 message per day, and I don't think can be exactly qualified as "obsession". In any case it's smaller amount than you posted on the same subject in the same time. But I am not as good at multitasking as you are, so for me even this is too much. Therefore this is the last one.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

vera1964 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
  #537
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
The Nik Zherdev experiment is over, Andreas Nodl has more points than this "sharpshooter" with no linemates. He should get some quality minutes in the AHL where he can lead the league in irrelevant goals scored.

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
  #538
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Well, one small correction. I use hfboards to talk about Zherdev and Zherdev only. There are other means of communication, and I use them to discuss other matters.

The reason I am interested in the topic is simple -- you mentioned it yourself: "Zherdev is easily the most controversial and discussion-worthy player on this team". I would even say he is arguably most controversial player in the league.

His potential is clearly underutilized. He is excelent at many things, but rarely seems to be able to put them all togerher... When he is scoring he is not passing. When he is passing he is not scoring. When he is trying, things don't seem to go well for him, and when they finaly start improving, he stops trying... etc. Like a lot of high quality details that don't work well together.

One can't help but wondering if there ever is a coach that will help him to tune it all up. And if yes, what the result will be.

Lastly, the number of posts I made on the topic in half a year after I joined averages in less than 1 message per day, and I don't think can be exactly qualified as "obsession". In any case it's smaller amount than you posted on the same subject in the same time. But I am not as good at multitasking as you are, so for me even this is too much. Therefore this is the last one.

Enjoy the rest of the season.
Dude, you seriously need to learn the meaning of "personal responsibility." NHL players don't become great because of Coach A or Coach B, they become great because of what they themselves put into it. Crosby sucked at draws, he went and became a good at 'em. Crosby didn't have a good shot... he went and worked at it and developed a good shot.

Z hasn't put the time and effort into developing the areas of his game that are problematic. He hasn't committed himself to the little things that go along with offensive skill which take you from a player with good stick skills, to a good all-around player that can be a top line contributor on a deep team.

That's the reality. Blaming that on coaches (A few of whom have coached Cup winning teams, btw) is just plain sad and delusional. At some point players--and their fans--need to look in the mirror.

As to what you may be discussing on other sites (a questionable claim given that someone called you out for posting about Z on another Flyers board)... whatever. I'm not stalking Z's stalkers to figure out what you feel like talking about the rest of the time. So, you're judged by what you post here and that's all.

Jester is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
  #539
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Well, one small correction. I use hfboards to talk about Zherdev and Zherdev only. There are other means of communication, and I use them to discuss other matters.
Is this your favorite computer game?


Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
  #540
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
This is my favorite quote in regards to Nikky.......

"I have skills, good puck control and hockey sense," Zherdev said. "It probably would be good for me, and if coach (Peter Laviolette) makes the decision, to play on the power play. I'm changing my style and trying to play more defensive zone. I think, right now, I'm two-way player. Before, I was probably more forward ... playing more of the attacking zone. The last couple seasons, I've been more defensive zone, too."

Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 02:23 PM
  #541
vera1964
Registered User
 
vera1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
As to what you may be discussing on other sites
Dude, it's really sad that it doesn't even occured to you that by "other means of communication" someone may mean things other than Internet... like talking, you know... (and yes I also used some other, not hfboards, Flyers forum -- please forgive me -- you all guys look the same to me).

vera1964 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
  #542
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Dude, it's really sad that it doesn't even occured to you that by "other means of communication" someone may mean things other than Internet... like talking, you know... (and yes I also used some other, not hfboards, Flyers forum -- please forgive me -- you all guys look the same to me).
Why would you assume it wouldn't occur to me? Why would it occur to you that anyone on an internet site, who doesn't know you in real life, would care, know, etc. what you're doing with the rest of your time?

You are, on this site, what you present yourself as... that's as far as it goes. I assume you are capable of interacting with people in other fashions, but I really don't give a **** what you say to them, because I'm not party to it.

Jester is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
  #543
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera1964 View Post
Dude, it's really sad that it doesn't even occured to you that by "other means of communication" someone may mean things other than Internet... like talking, you know... (and yes I also used some other, not hfboards, Flyers forum -- please forgive me -- you all guys look the same to me).
Does it haunt you in the night? The knowledge that Nik will never put his penis inside of you? That he doesn't know you exist outside of a passing glance over your name on the restraining order? That he will never cradle you in his arms as you both lay naked on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring fire? Does this knowledge make the veins on your wrist stand out whenever you hold a knife in your hand?

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
  #544
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Why would you assume it wouldn't occur to me? Why would it occur to you that anyone on an internet site, who doesn't know you in real life, would care, know, etc. what you're doing with the rest of your time?

You are, on this site, what you present yourself as... that's as far as it goes. I assume you are capable of interacting with people in other fashions, but I really don't give a **** what you say to them, because I'm not party to it.

Here ya go....

12-02-2010 10:29 AM Thread: Meltzer's Musings: 11/29/10
by vera Replies69
Views1,717

A consistent TOI with consistent linemates on one...
A consistent TOI with consistent linemates on one of top 3 lines would help. Yesturday I only saw the third period, and he was on 3 different lines.

But no Giroux. Zherdev must have the puck.

12-01-2010 10:36 PM Thread: GDT - Flyers v Bruins - 12/1/10
by vera Replies101
Views1,974

I actually think it was a justified risk that...
I actually think it was a justified risk that didn't work.


11-30-2010 01:44 PM Thread: Meltzer's Musings: 11/29/10
by vera Replies69
Views1,717

Zherdev has always been an awsome playmaker. ...
Zherdev has always been an awsome playmaker. Looks like for some reason he is not being used like this with Flyers.

Using Zherdev as a pure scorer utilizes about 30% of his value.


11-26-2010 06:13 PM Thread: Are you kidding me?
by vera Replies57
Views1,596

Neither. Laviolette is actually a scientist. ...
Neither.

Laviolette is actually a scientist. He is currently conducting a research under the title "can a player reach a 30 goal mark while playing 10 min a game"

11-25-2010 11:29 AM Thread: Zherdev
by vera Replies8
Views387

Well, what do you want? Some people do...
Well, what do you want? Some people do appreciate exciting things...


11-24-2010 01:00 PM Thread: Where does Carcillo go when he returns?
by vera Replies41
Views1,108

Apparently Laviolette just doesn't like him. If...
Apparently Laviolette just doesn't like him. If the game with Tampa Bay earned Zherdev 6 min in the next one, I don't know what he can possibly do at this point.

When Flyers signed Zherdev, I was...

11-22-2010 12:17 PM Thread: Zherdev: what's going on?
by vera Replies40
Views1,135

So, are you implying he is not scoring? I...
So, are you implying he is not scoring? I provided stats before -- considering his ice time he is more effective scorer this year than Stamkos, Ovechkin, or Crosby (and if you don't consider TOI, he...


11-22-2010 11:36 AM Thread: Zherdev: what's going on?
by vera Replies40
Views1,135

Tortorella did bench Zherdev once, for 2 periods.
Tortorella did bench Zherdev once, for 2 periods.

11-21-2010 03:29 PM Thread: Zherdev: what's going on?
by vera Replies40
Views1,135

Anybody sugesting that? Look what he is...
Anybody sugesting that?

Look what he is bringing to the table right now:

Stamkos: 9 ESG, 13 ESGA, 298 ESTOI
Crosby: 9 ESG, 22 ESGA, 331 ESTOI
Ovechkin: 8 ESG, 16 ESGA, 343 ESTOI
Zherdev: 7...


11-21-2010 12:13 PM Thread: Zherdev: what's going on?
by vera Replies40
Views1,135

Zherdev: what's going on?
OK, I understand that Zherdev at times can really frustrate you. Sometimes he takes games off. Sometimes he is disinterested. Sometimes he is invisible...

But let me ask you... If your team...

11-18-2010 04:23 PM Thread: Did JVR play well enough?
by vera Replies120
Views2,132

Zherdev is not exempt, but people criticize him...
Zherdev is not exempt, but people criticize him for wrong things:

1) Defence? Do you even realize that Team GA - Team PPGA is 13 for Richards, 10 for Giroux, and only 4 for Zherdev?

2) Goals? ...


11-18-2010 02:14 PM Thread: Did JVR play well enough?
by vera Replies120
Views2,132

We are talking about different things. ...
We are talking about different things.

Zherdev's defense, although not perfect, hasn't created any problem so far. How many goals did the Flyers allow with him on ice? Isn't it 3 goals in 17...


11-18-2010 01:02 PM Thread: Did JVR play well enough?
by vera Replies120
Views2,132


17 games in, and he still has zero assists. This...
17 games in, and he still has zero assists. This is insane for a player whose primary talent is playmaking. I have a feeling that Flyers are trying to use him as a goal scorer, which he has never...


11-15-2010 07:34 AM Thread: Sean Avery
by vera Replies40
Views1,209


Well, I am a Rangers fan, and I am not exactly...
Well, I am a Rangers fan, and I am not exactly excited to have him on my team.

However, he is an agitator. And he just agitated the hell not only out of Edmonton, but also out of this message...


11-14-2010 04:52 PM Thread: Sean Avery
by vera Replies40
Views1,209


You are absolutely right. However, to be a...
You are absolutely right. However, to be a dirtbag, is what he is paid for. He is just very good at what he is doing.

11-13-2010 05:36 PM Thread: ZherDEAD and MESSaros
by vera Replies127
Views3,057


I was born and spent first 30 years of my life in...
I was born and spent first 30 years of my life in Moscow.


11-13-2010 05:20 PM Thread: ZherDEAD and MESSaros
by vera Replies127
Views3,057


The Zherdev interview
I took a liberty of translating it. I just think the original translation is not good -- looks almost like an automated translation to me. My English is not perfect -- please forgive me for this.
...

11-13-2010 12:03 PM Thread: ZherDEAD and MESSaros
by vera Replies127
Views3,057


The translation is not very good: Hockey...
The translation is not very good:



Hockey [in KHL] was quite different. I forgot how to play European rink. I prefer narrow ones -- you beat one player and you're wide open. And there, the...


Last edited by Cartsiephan*: 01-07-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Cartsiephan* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
  #545
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
It kind of forms a tapestry of madness.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
  #546
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Check mate.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
  #547
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,342
vCash: 1481
The thread is being locked.

The primary purpose was to discuss Zherdev's recent injury status.

Friday's update from Tim P.:

Quote:
Nikolay Zherdev (groin) practiced after a few days off the ice.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.