HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Fisher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2011, 05:51 PM
  #1
wilfred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Bunswick
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Mike Fisher

Rumors are out there that Murray is getting offers. He has a NMC, but with everything that is going on with Ottawa would not be surprised if he would accept a trade to a Cup contender. My first thought is Washington and yes I think they could afford Fisher and Semin next year, also they have the assets to get him.

Who would want Fisher and what would you give up for him.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
  #2
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
How many years are left on his deal?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
  #3
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
How many years are left on his deal?
2 after this season with a 4.3 cap hit and a nmc.

The Preds would probably be his preferred destination.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
  #4
Operation Hot Mother
Registered User
 
Operation Hot Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
I thought his NMC turned into a limited NTC for the last 2 years of the deal. Not sure how I'd prove that though.

Edit: here we go
Mike Fisher, OTT - NMC [NMC for 2008-09 to 2010-11, limited NTC for 2011-12 and 2012-13]
http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Operation Hot Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 06:09 PM
  #5
CapsWolverinesUSA
Registered User
 
CapsWolverinesUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Rumors are out there that Murray is getting offers. He has a NMC, but with everything that is going on with Ottawa would not be surprised if he would accept a trade to a Cup contender. My first thought is Washington and yes I think they could afford Fisher and Semin next year, also they have the assets to get him.

Who would want Fisher and what would you give up for him.
I like Fisher as a player, but I just don't see it happening with that contract. First of all, it's too much of a drag on his value as a player to merit the return Ottawa would want for giving up a guy like Fisher. Second, I just can't see the Caps committing to two years of non-movable salary like that. It would only happen if George McPhee and Boudreau had an extremely high opinion of the player and were totally confident he could be the #2 center for the team.

While the Caps might be able to afford both Semin and Fisher, they definitely couldn't afford Semin, Fisher AND Brooks Laich. So basically they'd have to like Fisher more than than Laich -- a popular clubhouse guy who has been a rock solid 20-goal scoring, PKing foot soldier for this team for a few years now. That's a tough call.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
  #6
wilfred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Bunswick
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
I like Fisher as a player, but I just don't see it happening with that contract. First of all, it's too much of a drag on his value as a player to merit the return Ottawa would want for giving up a guy like Fisher. Second, I just can't see the Caps committing to two years of non-movable salary like that. It would only happen if George McPhee and Boudreau had an extremely high opinion of the player and were totally confident he could be the #2 center for the team.

While the Caps might be able to afford both Semin and Fisher, they definitely couldn't afford Semin, Fisher AND Brooks Laich. So basically they'd have to like Fisher more than than Laich -- a popular clubhouse guy who has been a rock solid 20-goal scoring, PKing foot soldier for this team for a few years now. That's a tough call.
Not too sure about that, with the cap surposed to go up and the number of Kids that are NHL ready in the system but you would know more then I.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 07:01 PM
  #7
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
its worth pointing out that his salary for the next two years is a little less then his cap hit at 4 mil next year and 3 mil the year after that if you happen to be a budget team.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
  #8
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
2nd round pick and a good prospect for fisher will be around what murray gets if i took a guess.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM
  #9
The Vinstar
Registered User
 
The Vinstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
In before carrie underwood comments.

The Vinstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:22 PM
  #10
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 436
Buffalo's 2nd
Tim Connolly
Craig Rivet

for

Fisher
mid-level prospect

?

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
  #11
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
Buffalo's 2nd
Tim Connolly
Craig Rivet

for

Fisher
mid-level prospect

?
Connolly and Rivet as rentals mean nothing to us. We're selling...and so are you.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:05 PM
  #12
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
I'd trade AK46 (who is better than most of HFBoards give him credit for)+ for Fischer anyday. He'd be the 2a/2b center alongside Gomez

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:37 PM
  #13
Risotto
Registered User
 
Risotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
its worth pointing out that his salary for the next two years is a little less then his cap hit at 4 mil next year and 3 mil the year after that if you happen to be a budget team.
doubt anyone will waive his no movement to go to a budget team.

Risotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM
  #14
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I'd trade AK46 (who is better than most of HFBoards give him credit for)+ for Fischer anyday. He'd be the 2a/2b center alongside Gomez
A Tit + 2nd would be nice as hell.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:42 PM
  #15
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
Buffalo's 2nd
Tim Connolly
Craig Rivet

for

Fisher
mid-level prospect

?
doubt Ottawa trades with Buffalo and Fisher wants to go there

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
  #16
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Not too sure about that, with the cap surposed to go up and the number of Kids that are NHL ready in the system but you would know more then I.
the main problem with dealing that contract to the capitals is that mcphee is sold on continuity. he wants no more roster movement than necessary.

that contract would create movement that i am not sure mcphee would want.

he seems to be perfectly willing for drafted players like johansson and eakin to fill the open center roles and fill in with rentals in the meantime. if fisher were a rental, mcphee would be on it. with two more years, i'd be shocked unless ottawa was willing to take tom poti or mcphee were willing to move eric fehr.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:16 AM
  #17
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,760
vCash: 500
Something around Wolski? We can move Turris to wing, I guess. Only way Tippett will give the kid some playing time. God knows he'll never give it to Wojtek.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
  #18
Tikhonov
Registered User
 
Tikhonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Would Sens fans like Fisher to CBJ for Stralman + Brassard

Tikhonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:16 AM
  #19
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikhonov View Post
Would Sens fans like Fisher to CBJ for Stralman + Brassard
Yes, so fast. Stralman is useless to us so if you wanna keep him, keep him. Brassard straight up sounds great. As does Wolski.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:01 AM
  #20
Laoghaire
Registered User
 
Laoghaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikhonov View Post
Would Sens fans like Fisher to CBJ for Stralman + Brassard
Yes, but Jackets fans wouldn't.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
  #21
wilfred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Bunswick
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
count me in on Wolski or Brassard for Fisher

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.