HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Langenbrunner (update: traded to Dallas)

Old
01-07-2011, 10:28 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
the way the anouncers were talking about zubris i wouldnt be surprised to see us make a play tehre but thats about it from jersey

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Sam Car has us at 3.6 mil in capspace. I have no idea where he is getting that number at though, since only Walker and Lappy are the only ones on IR. Capgeek even says we are about 1.5 mil under. Until it actually happens, and capgeek updates the page, I will hold off. I have a feeling we will be about 1 mil over. Sending someone like SHELLY down would save us the headache, but doubtful that happens.
He got it straight from Barry Hanrahan. Hanrahan told the media they have 3.6M in acquisition space.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Teams said to be most interested and locales he's likely to waive for include Dallas, St. Louis and San Jose. Stay tuned. about 16 hours ago via Twitter
Bob McKenzie said this on twitter yesterday

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Lou did not want to deal with the Flyers. whatever..
he took what he thought was the better deal. i dont think it had anythign to do with wanting to trade with the flyers. had the flyers made a better offer he would be foolish not to take it. Not like he was going to come back and haunt the devils for years to come or he was somoe young guy with potential he was dealing.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:31 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
He got it straight from Barry Hanrahan. Hanrahan told the media they have 3.6M in acquisition space.
Yeah IrishSniper made the point about bonuses. The Flyers brass actually knows which bonuses Bob, JVR, Nodl, O'D will achieve and which they won't so they can add more cap space

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
(1)If I was a GM (2)I'd take the 2 picks as oppose to one.
(2) is why (1) will never happen.

And Homer **** the bed?
Riiiiight.

Go away, troll.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah IrishSniper made the point about bonuses. The Flyers brass actually knows which bonuses Bob, JVR, Nodl, O'D will achieve and which they won't so they can add more cap space
Exactly, JVR and Bob have salaries of only 900k, but the bonuses between the two of them total in excess of $1.5 mill. I dont know how many of those they are likely to get, but that could easily be another $1mill in capspace.

And those are just the two with the biggest bonuses, other players have bonuses added on as well, and technically, none of the bonuses really apply until the end of the season. Capgeek automatically assumes all bonuses will be met when they give you cap hits.

Also, LTIR is currently keeping us from "banking" any capspace, so the Flyers have to go very strictly by the daily cap calculations, which is the norm for them the past few seasons.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
dookie88

Quote:
We trade Carle and could add a $7mil player?

And $3.6mil just screams Ryan Clowe, he'd be awesome next to JVR and Richards.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
he took what he thought was the better deal. i dont think it had anythign to do with wanting to trade with the flyers. had the flyers made a better offer he would be foolish not to take it. Not like he was going to come back and haunt the devils for years to come or he was somoe young guy with potential he was dealing.
Are you saying that we offered less than conditional 3rd round pick?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
McNasty

Quote:
I imagine Zherdev would have had to go back to New Jersey. I'm sure a 3rd rounder sounds better then a 3rd rounder and Zherdev for a team with nothing to play for. I doubt the Flyers were going to pay 2mil for Z to play 4th line (or not play at all) and I certainly think Nodl has cemented himself ahead of Z on Lavi's depth chart.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
jb**

Quote:
i am saying he took what he thought was the btter deal.

Old
01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Well the pick can be bumped up to a 2nd. If the Stars win a playoff round or re-sign him before July 1st the Devils get a 2nd. If they re-sign him after July 1st the Devils get to swap their 3rd for the Stars' 2nd.

The Flyers offered of a 3rd and 5th isn't any better than that. The 5th is pretty meaningless.

Old
01-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Well the pick can be bumped up to a 2nd. If the Stars win a playoff round or re-sign him before July 1st the Devils get a 2nd. If they re-sign him after July 1st the Devils get to swap their 3rd for the Stars' 2nd.

The Flyers offered of a 3rd and 5th isn't any better than that. The 5th is pretty meaningless.
fact?

I'd say 3rd and 5th right now is better than possible 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I imagine Zherdev would have had to go back to New Jersey. I'm sure a 3rd rounder sounds better then a 3rd rounder and Zherdev for a team with nothing to play for. I doubt the Flyers were going to pay 2mil for Z to play 4th line (or not play at all) and I certainly think Nodl has cemented himself ahead of Z on Lavi's depth chart.
speculation. Flyers waived Leihgton, there is your cap space.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-07-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Looks like Holmgren moved too late on him. If we were offering picks, as in plural, it couldn't have been 5th and 6th round pick we were throwing at them.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Meh, even if you consider what the Stars offered a lesser deal and Lou took it, it doesn't surprise me. Trading with a division rival is not a common thing to do. If the Flyers were in last place I would not want them to trade a guy that could help win the Penguins a Stanley Cup if there was another offer on the table that was close to what the Pens were offering. Simple as that.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
BernieParent

Well, that was fun for a few hours. It does set a tent peg for the market from now until the trade deadline.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Meh, even if you consider what the Stars offered a lesser deal and Lou took it, it doesn't surprise me. Trading with a division rival is not a common thing to do. If the Flyers were in last place I would not want them to trade a guy that could help win the Penguins a Stanley Cup if there was another offer on the table that was close to what the Pens were offering. Simple as that.
Not always. If the deal with the Devil is the best deal then you do it, especially when you're not going anywhere. The Rangers didn't think twice when they traded us Vladimir Malakhov.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
I dont think it had anytthing to do with taking the better deal from Dallas. It was a combonation of Lou not wanting to deal with Philly and maybe Langenbrunner wanted to be loyal to Lou and wouldnt accept a deal to any east team. If he had gone to another East team like Pittsburgh or Boston for the same conditional 3rd then that would be different.
I would rather pass on a deal like this then overpay with say a 1st and a 3rd. Holmgren made a decent offer and lou didnt want to do it. You move on and find something else.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
MrHockey1982

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...e_complet.html

Quote:
The Devils will receive a conditional third-round draft pick this June, which will become a second-round pick if the Stars win the first round of the playoffs this season or they re-sign Langenbrunner before the draft.

If the Stars re-sign him after July 1, the Devils give Dallas a third-round pick in 2012 and get a second-rounder in return. The Devils would still keep the Stars' third-round pick 2011.

"So really this is a second-round pick," Lamoriello said. "The only way you don't get it is if Dallas doesn't win a round and they don't re-sign him at the right time for 2011-2012 season."

This means that there is a high possibility that it will be a second-round pick. A second-round pick is better than a third and a fifth. Homer wouldn't trade up to a second or make a condition that makes the chances highly likely to be a second. Let's give him credit now for not overpaying with picks.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...e_complet.html

This means that there is a high possibility that it will be a second-round pick. A second-round pick is better than a third and a fifth. Homer wouldn't trade up to a second or make a condition that makes the chances highly likely to be a second. Let's give him credit now for not overpaying with picks.
Half of season left, plus playoffs and off season. I would not call it a high possibility just yet.

Old
01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
McNasty

Quote:
fact?

Less about cap space more about having room for him. Nodl isn't going anywhere IMO, and you don't get anything out of having Zherdev or Langenbrunner on the 4th line.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Less about cap space more about having room for him. Nodl isn't going anywhere IMO, and you don't get anything out of having Zherdev or Langenbrunner on the 4th line.
No one mentioned Nodl except you.

You rotate Zherdev for now and go from there. It's been done before. Powe Betts Zherdev=Nice.

Old
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
jb**

I for one am glad shooter showed some restraint and didnt go an overpay. Thats a positive sign for now.

Old
01-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
fact?

I'd rather have the 3rd with the chance of it being bumped to a 2nd than a 3rd and 5th. The 5th is nothing.

Old
01-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I'd rather have the 3rd with the chance of it being bumped to a 2nd than a 3rd and 5th. The 5th is nothing.
I can respect that.

40 games is a long time. Anything can happen.