HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida Panthers-Vancouver Canucks

Old
01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Johnnycanuck13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
They are but they can (and have been) filling top 6 spots this year. Hansen is ridiculously underrated and he has solid hands and he's very smart. When Raymond was injured he was playing on the 2nd line and Glass has been known to play in the top 6/9.
Glass has never played in a top 6 role for a complete game, he isnt even that good on the third line. He's a pretty good fourth liner, nothing more.

Johnnycanuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Pointystick

I love Booth but:

-Getting him onto the roster means losing another important piece.
-Still a slight overpayment from Vancouver IMO (even though it's probably a late 1st)

CH can be had if you're willing to deal another similar type prospect though. I still have high hopes for the guy after watching him play some games this year but man, you can't help but think he's cursed like the glass man himself, Salo. Then again there's something to be said about the value he has due to the position he plays. I'd only really accept a trade for another centreman or a defenseman if I was GMMG.

Pointystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotKush View Post
Come on do you really believe this? Because I'm sure other GM's around the league don't think Cody's stock has dropped that much. Some people like you have to be more patient with prospects and let the guy have some playing time. Now I could definatly see a deadline deal done between Tallon and Gillis revolving around Reasoner, if Bolduc falls out of favor or get's injured.
Dude, I said if either of these guys were traded it would reflect the view from their team that their player isn't going to be healthy or reach their potential.

Both of these players are expected to be legit top 6 forwards.

Don't put words into my mouth.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Hodgson actually is injured right now. Took a puck (or a stick, I can't remember which) in the face at practice, got a broken orbital bone. Supposed to come back by now, but still has impaired vision in one eye.

But still not trading him. Not that I don't like Booth or anything, but it doesn't make much sense to move Hodgson.

Oh, and Booth would never work under the salary cap for the Canucks without losing someone else.
injury prone

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
DrChill

Quote:
They are but they can (and have been) filling top 6 spots this year. Hansen is ridiculously underrated and he has solid hands and he's very smart. When Raymond was injured he was playing on the 2nd line and Glass has been known to play in the top 6/9.
Solid hands??? you mean like Bricks??? He can skate, Forecheck, hit... but hands????? There another Hansen on this team??

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

the Canucks can't afford to take on that kind of salary (they can't afford any salary)... but even if they had cap space, I still wouldn't touch this deal.

The Canucks are one of the top scoring teams in the league... they have solid balance in their top-9 - and have two excellent left wingers already in the top-2 spots in Daniel and Raymond - and there isn't at all a need to upgrade either one of those positions. Scoring is not at all an issue with this team in any way. Why would you give up your top prospect, and a 1st rounder on top of that, to address a need that doesn't exist? all while taking on a big contract in the process?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
Solid hands??? you mean like Bricks??? He can skate, Forecheck, hit... but hands????? There another Hansen on this team??
I said they were solid, I didn't say he was the second coming of Pavel Bure. He can chip in a few goals when he's on the 2nd line but since Kesler is the star there, that's really all that's needed of him.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Tikhonov

i'd say Hodgson for Booth straight up is good value wise but still wouldn't make sense for VAN

Tikhonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Gudbranson44

this proposal is too much for booth. if he was traded it might be for a roster player and a prospect, considering most teams who is running for the PO's are already quite close to the cap

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
What do you want for Reasoner

sdbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Mase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbullet View Post
What do you want for Reasoner
If Tallon was interested in moving him...which I don't believe he is at the moment...I would start with a conditional 3rd, which becomes a 2nd if they make the SCF.

Mase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mase View Post
If Tallon was interested in moving him...which I don't believe he is at the moment...I would start with a conditional 3rd, which becomes a 2nd if they make the SCF.
That sounds about right. Depends on if other teams become interested in Reasoner myabe add a ok prospect too.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Mase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
That sounds about right. Depends on if other teams become interested in Reasoner myabe add a ok prospect too.
Exactly, he's worth what the market dictates he's worth, so if another team offers up something better, then that's the watermark and it goes up from there...not that I believe it will, mind you.

He's been great for The Cats and Tally deserves a lot of credit for bringing him(and Weaver) in.

Mase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
Actually, I think Hansen does have decent hands.

The thing is, because he is such a good checker and PKer, he really hasn't had a lot of sustained time with skilled line mates to develop his offensive game at the NHL level. In Junior he was a PPG player. He was almost a PPG in the AHL and put up 21 goals in 50 games.

When you are playing with the likes of Tanner Glass, Alex Bolduc, Rick Rypien, Ryan Johnson and Steve **** Bernier you have to pretty much create your own scoring chances. To do that while excelling in a predominantly defensive role is not realistic.

This year, when he was moved up to the 2nd line as a result of Raymond's injury, he put up 3 goals and 6 points in about 10 games. If he had the sustained opportunities with skilled line mates like Raymond, Grabner and Tambellini have had, he would have a lot more points. Unfortunately for him, Hansen is too valuable to the team in his utility role, so he will be hard pressed to get sustained opportunities on the top lines.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
LostMyGlasses*

If Hansen has 'solid hands' almost every Canuck has 'solid hands'. Come on, man.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
HeadLikeAnOrange*

If Hansen had any kind of hands at all he would be a full-time top 6 player on any team in the league.

Don't kid yourselves (ourselves?)

HeadLikeAnOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
If Hansen has 'solid hands' almost every Canuck has 'solid hands'. Come on, man.
With a 25 goal season under his belt, Mason Raymond would have to be considered to have "good hands". But before he broke out with that kind of production his NHL career was characterized by long scoring droughts punctuated by streaks of scoring. In his first 49 NHL games he had 21 points. In his next 72 NHL games he had 23 points. That's a 0.36 PPG pace. Then he had a break out season with 53 points and 25 goals. Most of this time he was on the 2nd and 3rd line playing 17 - 18 minutes per game with lots of PP time.

Hansen's first 55 games he had 21 points. His next 47 games he had 15 points. That's a 0.35 PPG pace on the 3rd and 4th line with roughly 12 minutes per game of ice time, no PP time and in primarily defensive situations. Hansen's AHL stats are similar to Michael Grabner's who most consider a top 6 only type of player (Raymond didn't play much in the AHL, so there are not enough games for comparison).

Alex Burrows didn't breakout as an NHL scorer until he got consistent opportunities on the 2nd and then 1st line. Hansen's AHL numbers are far better than Burrows'.

For a young player to develop his offensive game, he needs to play with offensive player and in an offensive role. Hansen hasn't had this opportunity. But prior to the NHL, he has been a scorer at every level he has played. Even in the NHL, if you factor in ice time, he has produced. His even strength points/60min last year (1.75) was only slightly behind Raymond's (1.85) and his goals/60 (1.00) was better (0.93).

But it doesn't really bother me that Hansen is not lighting up the NHL scoring. He is extremely valuable as an all situations utility player who can fill in on any line. If his numbers are lower it will make it cheaper to re-sign him in the summer.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I don't see any reason to make a deadline deal this year at all, we're set.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
I disagree. Nothing chemistry altering, but I would want to see some more proven bottom 6 guys or another 5/6 defenseman come in for low picks or AHL players to give us a little insurance.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
its never a bad thing to be too good bro.
you're stacked now, and with a few moves you'll be stacked even if you're hit by injuries in april.

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
blankall

Quote:
Hodgson isn't injured, his trade value is still very high, he'll be a 1st/2nd line center, Canucks can't add cap hits and our top 6 is ridiculously stacked as it is with 10 guys who can (and have) fit in on the top two lines (Sedin x2, Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Tambellini, Samuelsson, Torres, Hansen, Glass)
Not arguing against depth on the Canucks (which is best in the league so far), but coaches often shuffle lines and rotate players in and out of the top 6. That doesn't make all of those players top 6 players.

Hansen and Glass are most definitely not top 6 guys.

Tambellini has had one good run of a dozen games in his career. He is not a bonafide top 6 yet. Torres is more of a third liner.

Booth is an upgrade on all four of those players and probably Samuelsson as well. However, Booth is not worth Vancouver mortgating their future, especially after Booth's recent concussion. Horrible trade for Vancouver.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM
DJ ROCHE

Hello

DJ ROCHE is offline   Reply With Quote