HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2005, 12:07 AM
  #26
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
I may be alone on this, but id pass. At 33, hes still got a few years left in him, but he is still getting on in age.

Plus, whenever i think of jagr, i think of two things........

1. Extremely skilled
2. non team player


Sure, hes got the skill, but hes become extremely moody over the years, and has drifted away from being a team player into a guy that plays for him-self. Hes the last guy i want in our locker room bringing up guys like Higgins, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn. If anything, the organization should be sending out the message "team players only, regardless of talent"

We've seen the disoriented Rangers fail with huge amounts of talent, only because they couldn't play as a team. Then we've seen the flames, full of hard working team players (not so talented) go to the Stanley Cup finals. Now obvoiusly i choose those two to prove a point, and their are many talented teams that have succeded. However, the players on those teams played for the team rather then themselves.

Im not saying you can win without talent, because you obviously can't as you need some However, you need guys that are both talented and commited to a team. Quite honestly, Id rather have Kovalev, who is more of a team player.............

Mooch is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 12:26 AM
  #27
TylerT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
so with who was he playing ? forth liners may be ?
was Lang on his downside last year ?
And isn't possible that Koivu also on his downside?

Superstars are players like Lemieux,Bure,Gretsky, Jagr ,

stars are players like Sakic ,Yzerman,Hull ,Selane,leclair,Bondra,Karya ,etc.

I am happy to have him but Koivu is a good player,nothing more and not close to anyone of those players
I don't know if I'd include Jagr's name in the superstar category, let alone bure's for that matter. I consider both Yzerman and Sakic to have had better careers that those two. Even Hull, who I hate has had a prolific scoring career, one much longer than bure's

TylerT is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 01:00 AM
  #28
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
what about this!

Zednik-Koivu-Jagr
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bulis-Bonk-Perezhogin

LOL!!!

PP:

Jagr-Koivu-Kovalev
Souray-Markov
Dream on.

I don't think, we'd have the money for that..well if we trade Theo..then we'll certainly have more budget. Nah...Theo is gonna become a UFA anyways.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 02:06 AM
  #29
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
We don't really neeed Jagr.

Form and Substance is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 07:23 AM
  #30
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,369
vCash: 500
I haven't been much of a Jagr fan over the years (based on his attitude/personality, etc), but if he ever did become available now, from a mangerial perspective I would definitely want him on my team. It's impossible to say for sure if it will stick, but he did seem a bit rejuvenated and more mature at the WC.

All that said, I'm pretty sure he won't be available any time soon. He's a huge bargain for the Rangers if they're only paying $4.5M for him in this cap world. At that price, he'd be a bargain even as his old floaty headcasey self. If he's fired up and more responsible now, look out.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 08:12 AM
  #31
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I haven't been much of a Jagr fan over the years (based on his attitude/personality, etc), but if he ever did become available now, from a mangerial perspective I would definitely want him on my team. It's impossible to say for sure if it will stick, but he did seem a bit rejuvenated and more mature at the WC.

All that said, I'm pretty sure he won't be available any time soon. He's a huge bargain for the Rangers if they're only paying $4.5M for him in this cap world. At that price, he'd be a bargain even as his old floaty headcasey self. If he's fired up and more responsible now, look out.
It's funny, because alot of guys that played mediocore in the nhl, played very well in the WC. Kaberle for example was seen diving to block shots, where as he never once dived for anything in the nhl! Ok, so im exagerating a bit, but you get my point, well, i hope you do anyways.......

Getting back to Jagr, im still not so sure we would get the "good" side of him, and while some may not see him as a risk at a low price, i still do if we get the wrong Jagr. Id still pass him up, dish out more (if possible), and go for a less talented Kovalev who would provide just as much, if not more offense.

Another thing guys, is that we've seen what Kovalev can do with our team. He had chemistry here, and played well in the playoffs. So why pass him up, and take a gamble on Jagr?

Mooch is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 08:17 AM
  #32
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerT
I don't know if I'd include Jagr's name in the superstar category, let alone bure's for that matter. I consider both Yzerman and Sakic to have had better careers that those two. Even Hull, who I hate has had a prolific scoring career, one much longer than bure's
sure , they have a better career but for the pur talent and skill or to keep the fans Jagr and Bure are really in a different range.I have to admit that i was really hesitating for Sakic.

I don't see why you 'd not include Jagr in the superstar category ;I know that he wasn't very productive with Washington (and the end of season with NY but it is a normal thing there) but he's still the one who is the closer of Mario Lemieux .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 08:26 AM
  #33
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
sure , they have a better career but for the pur talent and skill or to keep the fans Jagr and Bure are really in a different range.I have to admit that i was really hesitating for Sakic.

I don't see why you 'd not include Jagr in the superstar category ;I know that he wasn't very productive with Washington (and the end of season with NY but it is a normal thing there) but he's still the one who is the closer of Mario Lemieux .
Yeah, the guy was by far the best player in the league for 4 years.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
  #34
Habruti!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 1,993
vCash: 500
I would not touch Jagr with a 10ft pole... (we have a casino in MTL... )

In addition I would rather have a much less talented team full of so called rookies that bust there ass nigth in nigth out rather then have grossly overpayed so called stars like jagr and Kovalev. Sorry, I am not a buyer in his case...

Habruti! is offline  
Old
06-27-2005, 11:08 AM
  #35
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,414
vCash: 500
I notice that everyone on this board wants to make the PERFECT move, which is a good sign. I think there's a lot of optimism. The team may not be ready to contend for the cup for another year or more anyway. Especially if they lower the UFA age and we lose Theo or we don't resign Koivu.

To me tho, there is no difference between Kovalev's attitude and Jagr's. They are both floater types who, if on a good team, may or may not click in with the rest.

tinyzombies is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.