HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
  #1
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,419
vCash: 500
The other one is almost at 1000 posts.

Please continue your discussions about former Habs players here.

Part 1

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=833638

Andy is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
  #2
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,543
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They didn't get sweet **** all, they got Boyd plus Ellis' rights. Boyd didn't work out but he was worth more than a 6th or 7th, cripes we got a 5th and a young d-man for lapierre who asked to be traded.
This is a good point. SK's talent level was / is far superior than Laps, we should have gotten something more for him than a 4th line grinder named Boyd.

A draft pick would have been alot more helpful, a 3rd even, or a 4th and 7th. Those would have helped us, we are good in the late rounds.

macavoy is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
  #3
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
This is a good point. SK's talent level was / is far superior than Laps, we should have gotten something more for him than a 4th line grinder named Boyd.

A draft pick would have been alot more helpful, a 3rd even, or a 4th and 7th. Those would have helped us, we are good in the late rounds.
SK had superior talent but a lot of baggage that's why most teams stayed away. If he was taht much in demand you don't think teams would have called offering high picks(1st or 2nd) and prospects?

If a 3rd or 4th was out there I think that's hwat Gauthier would have done. I think he took Boyd and Ellis' rights instead of a 6th or 7th. Boyd had as much chance at being a good player for us than a 6th or 7th rounder.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
  #4
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
This is a good point. SK's talent level was / is far superior than Laps, we should have gotten something more for him than a 4th line grinder named Boyd.

A draft pick would have been alot more helpful, a 3rd even, or a 4th and 7th. Those would have helped us, we are good in the late rounds.
We didn't actually even get Boyd... since we didn't sign him as a RFA but as an UFA. Which means we didn't have to trade for him at all.

We basically got nothing for SK.

What is it now, 20 pst in his last 17 games?

Thank you Martin.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  #5
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We didn't actually even get Boyd... since we didn't sign him as a RFA but as an UFA. Which means we didn't have to trade for him at all.

We basically got nothing for SK.

What is it now, 20 pst in his last 17 games?

Thank you Martin.
Thank you Martin? Come on. The whole team couldn't stand Sergei and wanted him out of the team.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
  #6
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We didn't actually even get Boyd... since we didn't sign him as a RFA but as an UFA. Which means we didn't have to trade for him at all.

We basically got nothing for SK.

What is it now, 20 pst in his last 17 games?

Thank you Martin.
Regardless, as a GM you can't make chicken soup out of chicken $hit. If everybody around the league knows SK is a bad apple well you won't get much for him, you can't control the offers you get.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
  #7
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Regardless, as a GM you can't make chicken soup out of chicken $hit. If everybody around the league knows SK is a bad apple well you won't get much for him, you can't control the offers you get.
That's quite the rotten apple who puts up 20 pts in 17 games. Maybe he's a rotten apple in habs land where we can't give chances to young talented players out of principle and alienate them at every turn. The principle of making sure crabby old vets - who will never make this franchise take the next steps mind you - stay happy.

And lets say he was a total mess. Do you send him down to hamilton out of camp ? It doesn't look to me like Martin tried real hard here....

But let's give Martin the benefit of the doubt. Maybe SK came in the locker room high on meth and snorted a line of coke off of a hooker's boobs in front of Martin. If that's the case, you keep the young promising player in your line up for a week or two until you can find a taker. Someone who will take him off your hands for a decent return before his value is shot to hell and back.

We didn't work with the player so he could improve and be valuable. We, instead, alienated him as much as we could by sending him to the minors out of the gate and expected him to be happy about it, work hard to get back in the line up. I'm sorry but it's not 1980 anymore. You gotta get the most out of these guys on ELCs.

Barring the will to work with the player, we should at least have the common sense to maximize the value of our assets. Which we happily fail to do at every turn and then rationalize it with my top 5 of excuses :

1. He was a rotten apple
2. He matured the day we traded him
3. He couldn't have done it here
4. It wouldn't have worked with Martin's system
5. Don't worry he's going to go back to his old ways soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Thank you Martin? Come on. The whole team couldn't stand Sergei and wanted him out of the team.
And you know this how ?

Apparently, everything is fine in Nashville though.

Apparently, Boucher had no problems whatsoever with SK either.

Maybe.. maybe Martin does that with young players. Screw them over until they're fed up and want out.

There never was a good reason to send SK back to Hamilton before even one match of the season. That was a dumb ass move. It was just dumb I'm sorry. If he's got such huge attitude problems then you trade him when his value is still good, or you work with the player to fix the issue.

We don't do that here for some reason. All players should be exactly the same and not require any attention. I fully agree with those saying our management sucks. It does. And so does the coaching methods with young players. But that's kinda tied in together.


Last edited by E = CH²: 01-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.
E = CH² is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
  #8
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
That's quite the rotten apple who puts up 20 pts in 17 games. Maybe he's a rotten apple in habs land where we can't give chances to young talented players out of principle and alienate them at every turn. The principle of making sure crabby old vets - who will never make this franchise take the next steps mind you - stay happy.

And lets say he was a total mess. Do you send him down to hamilton out of camp ? It doesn't look to me like Martin tried real hard here....

But let's give Martin the benefit of the doubt. Maybe SK came in the locker room high on meth and snorted a line of coke off of a hooker's boobs in front of Martin. If that's the case, you keep the young promising player in your line up for a week or two until you can find a taker. Someone who will take him off your hands for a decent return before his value is shot to hell and back.

We didn't work with the player so he could improve and be valuable. We, instead, alienated him as much as we could by sending him to the minors out of the gate and expected him to be happy about it, work hard to get back in the line up. I'm sorry but it's not 1980 anymore. You gotta get the most out of these guys on ELCs.

Barring the will to work with the player, we should at least have the common sense to maximize the value of our assets. Which we happily fail to do at every turn and then rationalize it with my top 5 of excuses :

1. He was a rotten apple
2. He matured the day we traded him
3. He couldn't have done it here
4. It wouldn't have worked with Martin's system
5. Don't worry he's going to go back to his old ways soon



And you know this how ?

Apparently, everything is fine in Nashville though.

Apparently, Boucher had no problems whatsoever with SK either.

Maybe.. maybe Martin does that with young players. Screw them over until they're fed up and want out.

There never was a good reason to send SK back to Hamilton before even one match of the season. That was a dumb ass move. It was just dumb I'm sorry. If he's got such huge attitude problems then you trade him when his value is still good, or you work with the player to fix the issue.

We don't do that here for some reason. All players should be exactly the same and not require any attention. I fully agree with those saying our management sucks. It does. And so does the coaching methods with young players. But that's kinda tied in together.
Don't waste your time. We love our milk drinkers around here. And the play on the ice reflects that...in the meantime, that Grabovski who Burke wouldn't like to keep too much is the only good news in TO and SKost is showing why he was pissed to not be used so much and Lats.....All of them cheap and would do way more than what we're having.

But no, hey those guys HAD to be moved, they were lazy and hamburgers eaters...'Cause surely Moen isn't lazy...or Pouliot....or Gomez....or Cammalleri....or AKost or Spacek or almost every player in this team....'CAuse I've been told that you have to work to get your place in the lineup. Not the other way around. So surely Moen deserved his place a whole lot this year. So his Gomez. But then they are vets, you can't displease them. But let's prefer handicapping our future instead. But then, we'll just overpaid tons of players in 5 years to replace the guys we let go...Rinse and repeat. But no. There are people defending Pyatt like he's the next Frank Selke winner but were ready to throw out talent like Grabs, SKost and Lats 'cause they were **** disturber based on things they learned from the journalists they don't believe when they talk about the players they like....

Those trades were a big joke. We were sending the guys with the best potential. The only thing needed is time and maturity. But we have so many things to do here besides developing them and showing them how it should be done. We draft them, let them know what the NHL is, and let the others develop them.....

Oh my god! Ship them away 'cause that 20 yo kid is actually handling himself like....a 20 yo kid. Yes, some are more mature than others but the ones that aren,t are actually acting their age. Work with them, if you can't, hire some people who will.

It's another freakin joke to say that we couldn't get swat from them. Well if so, and since you know they have some talent, you then KEEP THEM. How many players have we shipped out for supposed bad behaviour....and what about the other teams in the league? Isn't that a little enough to ask some question about how this organization is being run? Or do we again have to hide behind "Well they are the professionnals, they should know what they're doing..." Well apparently not. Most kids are demonstrating the talent that Timmins thought they had. And most kids are showing how right they were when they were not used properly.

But instead, let be happy for them for what they're doing elsewhere....And let's try to convince ourselves that they all were addition by substraction....Really can't believe the break that this organization is getting when you see all those guys are developed elsewhere and with the results our team is getting with the incredible addition by substraction theory.....

I mean who's next? Why would Subban not leave this organization then? Don't we hear tons of stories as well? AKost is surely the next. What about Price? No, not him, 'cause I've been told that they would work with the exceptionals....so be it. But isn't that ok to also work with the "very good" or even just the "good" ones? Don't you need those types of players on your team?

But no again. They didn't fit in the identity of the team. An identity we still are looking for. And the identity is surely not grit and intensity. So much that even the teams that are playing against us, can't believe what Subban is doing. And Subban is just doing what a whole lot of players are doing but from a Hab player...sorry, it doesn't fit.

Timmins is slowly but surely going to get the recognition he deserved. Aside from his 1st rounders, the guy is almost the perfect guy from 2nd round and under. Yet, he doesn't see them play with us. How frustrating is it really....

But I guess I speak 'cause I don't like the team I've been following for so long now and will keep follow. I'm just pretty much consequent, been defending those players then and still now. But I'm also not a sheep and I'm not a fan of the management we're having. Will still hope my team wins. It so has nothing to do with that but some people will find a way to bring it to that....

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
  #9
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,311
vCash: 500
Pierre Dagenais is leading his team in scoring we should try him !

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=6202

ClasslessGuy is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
  #10
Habs 1909
Registered User
 
Habs 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Pierre Dagenais is leading his team in scoring we should try him !

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=6202
the Awkwasasne Warriors!

Habs 1909 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
  #11
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,790
vCash: 500
I also find laughable that the number of official under-25 cancers that we ship out for a pittance has shot up these past few years... And the fans fall for it hook, line and sinker.

A hockey team's not a chess club. You play on a team where you've got a bunch of different personalities. Many are not shrinking violets. It's a failure of coaching and leadership if they can't be brought together.

I think people would be shocked at the number of jerks and flawed human beings in the Hall of Fame. Doug Harvey and Lafleur are examples but they're far from the worst...

We need to stop seing the average pro player as a role model. Jean Beliveau's are few and far between. You can't ice a winning team if that's only what your looking for.

The image of the 21 year old with his pockets lined with cash and stardom that humbly takes his place in the dressing room pecking order, that's always quiet, respectful to the coaches and other players, that goes to bed early and never has more than 2 drinks, has to be broken... If ever Subban, Eller, Desharnais, Weber, Pouliot are labeled the next cancer, scepticism is in order.

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
  #12
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We didn't actually even get Boyd... since we didn't sign him as a RFA but as an UFA. Which means we didn't have to trade for him at all.

We basically got nothing for SK.

What is it now, 20 pst in his last 17 games?

Thank you Martin.
How many points did he get in his last 17 games with the Habs? So which line would you have him contaminate?

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 01:26 PM
  #13
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
That's quite the rotten apple who puts up 20 pts in 17 games. Maybe he's a rotten apple in habs land where we can't give chances to young talented players out of principle and alienate them at every turn. The principle of making sure crabby old vets - who will never make this franchise take the next steps mind you - stay happy.

And lets say he was a total mess. Do you send him down to hamilton out of camp ? It doesn't look to me like Martin tried real hard here....

But let's give Martin the benefit of the doubt. Maybe SK came in the locker room high on meth and snorted a line of coke off of a hooker's boobs in front of Martin. If that's the case, you keep the young promising player in your line up for a week or two until you can find a taker. Someone who will take him off your hands for a decent return before his value is shot to hell and back.

We didn't work with the player so he could improve and be valuable. We, instead, alienated him as much as we could by sending him to the minors out of the gate and expected him to be happy about it, work hard to get back in the line up. I'm sorry but it's not 1980 anymore. You gotta get the most out of these guys on ELCs.

Barring the will to work with the player, we should at least have the common sense to maximize the value of our assets. Which we happily fail to do at every turn and then rationalize it with my top 5 of excuses :

1. He was a rotten apple
2. He matured the day we traded him
3. He couldn't have done it here
4. It wouldn't have worked with Martin's system
5. Don't worry he's going to go back to his old ways soon



And you know this how ?

Apparently, everything is fine in Nashville though.

Apparently, Boucher had no problems whatsoever with SK either.

Maybe.. maybe Martin does that with young players. Screw them over until they're fed up and want out.

There never was a good reason to send SK back to Hamilton before even one match of the season. That was a dumb ass move. It was just dumb I'm sorry. If he's got such huge attitude problems then you trade him when his value is still good, or you work with the player to fix the issue.

We don't do that here for some reason. All players should be exactly the same and not require any attention. I fully agree with those saying our management sucks. It does. And so does the coaching methods with young players. But that's kinda tied in together.
I suppose SKost put up big numbers in the pre-Martin years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't waste your time. We love our milk drinkers around here. And the play on the ice reflects that...in the meantime, that Grabovski who Burke wouldn't like to keep too much is the only good news in TO and SKost is showing why he was pissed to not be used so much and Lats.....All of them cheap and would do way more than what we're having.

But no, hey those guys HAD to be moved, they were lazy and hamburgers eaters...'Cause surely Moen isn't lazy...or Pouliot....or Gomez....or Cammalleri....or AKost or Spacek or almost every player in this team....'CAuse I've been told that you have to work to get your place in the lineup. Not the other way around. So surely Moen deserved his place a whole lot this year. So his Gomez. But then they are vets, you can't displease them. But let's prefer handicapping our future instead. But then, we'll just overpaid tons of players in 5 years to replace the guys we let go...Rinse and repeat. But no. There are people defending Pyatt like he's the next Frank Selke winner but were ready to throw out talent like Grabs, SKost and Lats 'cause they were **** disturber based on things they learned from the journalists they don't believe when they talk about the players they like....

Those trades were a big joke. We were sending the guys with the best potential. The only thing needed is time and maturity. But we have so many things to do here besides developing them and showing them how it should be done. We draft them, let them know what the NHL is, and let the others develop them.....

Oh my god! Ship them away 'cause that 20 yo kid is actually handling himself like....a 20 yo kid. Yes, some are more mature than others but the ones that aren,t are actually acting their age. Work with them, if you can't, hire some people who will.

It's another freakin joke to say that we couldn't get swat from them. Well if so, and since you know they have some talent, you then KEEP THEM. How many players have we shipped out for supposed bad behaviour....and what about the other teams in the league? Isn't that a little enough to ask some question about how this organization is being run? Or do we again have to hide behind "Well they are the professionnals, they should know what they're doing..." Well apparently not. Most kids are demonstrating the talent that Timmins thought they had. And most kids are showing how right they were when they were not used properly.

But instead, let be happy for them for what they're doing elsewhere....And let's try to convince ourselves that they all were addition by substraction....Really can't believe the break that this organization is getting when you see all those guys are developed elsewhere and with the results our team is getting with the incredible addition by substraction theory.....

I mean who's next? Why would Subban not leave this organization then? Don't we hear tons of stories as well? AKost is surely the next. What about Price? No, not him, 'cause I've been told that they would work with the exceptionals....so be it. But isn't that ok to also work with the "very good" or even just the "good" ones? Don't you need those types of players on your team?

But no again. They didn't fit in the identity of the team. An identity we still are looking for. And the identity is surely not grit and intensity. So much that even the teams that are playing against us, can't believe what Subban is doing. And Subban is just doing what a whole lot of players are doing but from a Hab player...sorry, it doesn't fit.

Timmins is slowly but surely going to get the recognition he deserved. Aside from his 1st rounders, the guy is almost the perfect guy from 2nd round and under. Yet, he doesn't see them play with us. How frustrating is it really....

But I guess I speak 'cause I don't like the team I've been following for so long now and will keep follow. I'm just pretty much consequent, been defending those players then and still now. But I'm also not a sheep and I'm not a fan of the management we're having. Will still hope my team wins. It so has nothing to do with that but some people will find a way to bring it to that....
Are you suggesting that the Habs should have kept both SKost and Grabovski? Maybe, but I didn't like wither of them!

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
  #14
Jim Morrison
Registered User
 
Jim Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Ryan McDonagh makes his NHL debut tonight vs Dallas

Jim Morrison is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM
  #15
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Tssssss, now that Sergei Kostitsyn is showing everyone his Superstar talent level, all his haters are still trying to find excuses as of why he sucks and all.

Well, you know what, if that makes you feel good about it, knowing that this team had this kind of talent but couldn't handle it. Which means, you didn't even deserve him in the first place.

But yeah, continue to think that he sucks and will do nothing in the NHL again.

Jacques Martin is giving the same treatment right now to my boy Lars Eller and the same people that bashed Sergei will probably bash Lars Eller after Martin destroyed all of confidence and Gauthier ships him out of this town.

I said it before and I will repeat it again, Sergei Kostitsyn >>>>>>> Andrei Kostitsyn

Erika is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:29 PM
  #16
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Pierre Dagenais is leading his team in scoring we should try him !

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=6202
man that league must really suck

Habs 4 Life is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
  #17
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Anyone missing Bouillon ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUI-nGUq_7M

Heart and courage

Aurel Joliat is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 04:50 PM
  #18
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,341
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
Tssssss, now that Sergei Kostitsyn is showing everyone his Superstar talent level, all his haters are still trying to find excuses as of why he sucks and all.

Well, you know what, if that makes you feel good about it, knowing that this team had this kind of talent but couldn't handle it. Which means, you didn't even deserve him in the first place.

But yeah, continue to think that he sucks and will do nothing in the NHL again.

Jacques Martin is giving the same treatment right now to my boy Lars Eller and the same people that bashed Sergei will probably bash Lars Eller after Martin destroyed all of confidence and Gauthier ships him out of this town.

I said it before and I will repeat it again, Sergei Kostitsyn >>>>>>> Andrei Kostitsyn
We haven't seen how Andrei does on another team yet. Also at the same age Andrei had much better offensive numbers. Perhaps a little soon to suggest Sergei is 7 times better.


Speaking of former Habs, Chris Higgins has 5 goals and 10 points in his last 10 games. Always liked him, glad to see him turning it around.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 05:07 PM
  #19
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Are you suggesting that the Habs should have kept both SKost and Grabovski? Maybe, but I didn't like wither of them!
I would, and not only that, but I would have put them on the same freakin line. You don't like each other, see if I care. Now for the team and for yourselves, find a way to make it happen. Obviously, if there would have been 1000 fights between each other and that after whatever meetings, they would not have been able to fix it....then sure, deal one.

But one thing is sure. I would have told them so. I would have told them that since you can't get along, 1 will be ship. But for that to happen, 'cause the Habs are not a farm team of the whole NHL, you still will have to put up some points on the board. I will deal you but I WILL NOT GIVE YOU. So even if it comes to a point that you HAVE to deal somebody, you actually GET somebody in return....

And another thing. There is a difference between hating to see somebody go and hating the "trade" itself. I will still believe, even though he cooled down a bit, that D'Agostini should have gotten a little more from the management. So I didn't like to see D'Agostini go, but I appreciated the trade based on the fact that they didn't want him and we got one of my favorite Michigan players in Palushaj. But it doesn't mean it's all fine and dandy to see a guy like D'Agostini. And the same applies to O'Byrne who we would desperately need right now. Love Bournival, the deal is fine. But letting a go when clearly he only needed some confidence was not a good move. And not a specimen like him which we have NONE in our organisation aside from a project like Tinordi.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
  #20
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 16,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I suppose SKost put up big numbers in the pre-Martin years.
He was pretty damn good in his rookie season.

And last year he put up decent points per minute played. Also never got any opportunities on top lines or on the PP. So, yeah, SK was doing pretty good points wise considering Martin used him as his personal punching bag and never gave him any chance to play in a proper role.

Everyone knows the kid is talented. So why does it go to the point where we destroy his value and get rid of him for nothing ? I don't get it. If you don't think the habs failed here I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't waste your time.
Can't help it.

Also good post.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
  #21
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81
Hopefully the Wild will still be in the race for a playoffs spot .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96
no, the Wild won't make the playoffs. The team don't deserve it at all.
Well the Wild is now 1 point away from the 8th place and are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. I think they may still be in the race when/if Lats come back in February.

zx81 is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
  #22
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We didn't actually even get Boyd... since we didn't sign him as a RFA but as an UFA. Which means we didn't have to trade for him at all.

We basically got nothing for SK.

What is it now, 20 pst in his last 17 games?

Thank you Martin.
yet there is no shortage of people who continue to call it a trade, and at the time there was no shortage of people who thought that Gauthier made a good move, as though it was a legitimate move at all.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
  #23
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sadly we'd be better off with Ribeiro or Grabovski as our second line center than Gomez.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
  #24
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
We need to stop seing the average pro player as a role model. Jean Beliveau's are few and far between. You can't ice a winning team if that's only what your looking for.
No, but you need a Captain who is like that to be successful while "cancer" is in the locker room. One who's taller than 5'6 and every shuts up when they talk. One who leads by example.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
  #25
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sadly we'd be better off with Ribeiro or Grabovski as our second line center than Gomez.
I for one was really happy Grabovski was traded to Toronto for some **** prospect that will never do anything for us. Gee thanks gainey for that one, good thing you didn't move him out of the division.

He's having a 3pt night so far and his 17 goals would sure look nice on our 2nd line instead of gomez. YUCK.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.