HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH@LAK 1/6/2011 The "1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, 4!" Edition

Old
01-07-2011, 09:16 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 500
Hey guys, Avs fan here and I come in peace. I am just wondering how Svatos has played for you guys? He was always a fav player of mine and looked to be one of the Avs core players heading into the future back when he scored 32 goals a rookie. Always had a soft spot for him.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by base View Post
Hey guys, Avs fan here and I come in peace. I am just wondering how Svatos has played for you guys? He was always a fav player of mine and looked to be one of the Avs core players heading into the future back when he scored 32 goals a rookie. Always had a soft spot for him.
He's one of the few players we have that will always take a shot. Hes missed a few passes to him, but has also had some great opportunities. If I was to give him a grade, I would say a B+, Svatos is playing pretty well, but there is some rust that may need to be knocked off.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by base View Post
He hasn't been a world-beater, but he does what he needs to do: use his speed to create problems for the defense. He also has better offensive skills than, say, Antti Pihlstrom, so while he hasn't put up the numbers, he has been a good addition to the squad.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
You guys remember that dryden29 guy who kept posting about Sergei? He has been mighty quiet recently.
Now, now, now, Dryden is not a troll. He's been perfectly gentlemanly with me and others and most Preds fans have a sensitivity to other team's fans......

He's not a troll but he may soon be a clown.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:02 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He is a troll... You should have read his garbage on np.com....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I did and it was not that bad.

I keep an open mind on this. Yes, he was hung up on SK being a POS but shear fact of the matter is that most Preds fans post similar things about ex-preds.

29 just like a LOT of you show the same fanatical psychological patterns. It's silly, tribal, jingoistic, and irrational. But we are talking about being a sports fan. Rationality went out the door with the first $4.75 beer at the concession stand.

We are talking about a distraction to take our minds off the fact that life can be harsh and a burden. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad but sports give off the lie that it can be fair when it's not where as life is fair but it gives off the cloud of burden.

2010 sucked hard core for me in real life but I learned a lot of lessons from it. 2011 will be better. I will MAKE it better.

(And hell, in 2010 I drank nothing. In 2011 I drank like a fish. In 2010, the Preds were out of the playoff picture. In 2011, they were.....)

Old
01-07-2011, 10:20 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I did and it was not that bad.

I keep an open mind on this. Yes, he was hung up on SK being a POS but shear fact of the matter is that most Preds fans post similar things about ex-preds.

29 just like a LOT of you show the same fanatical psychological patterns. It's silly, tribal, jingoistic, and irrational. But we are talking about being a sports fan. Rationality went out the door with the first $4.75 beer at the concession stand.

We are talking about a distraction to take our minds off the fact that life can be harsh and a burden. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad but sports give off the lie that it can be fair when it's not where as life is fair but it gives off the cloud of burden.

2010 sucked hard core for me in real life but I learned a lot of lessons from it. 2011 will be better. I will MAKE it better.

(And hell, in 2010 I drank nothing. In 2011 I drank like a fish. In 2010, the Preds were out of the playoff picture. In 2011, they were.....)
I'm not tallking about the SK stuff I'm talking about the move Nashville to Hamilton stuff. That's where he got on my bad list and I haven't liked him since.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
I'm not tallking about the SK stuff I'm talking about the move Nashville to Hamilton stuff. That's where he got on my bad list and I haven't liked him since.
That can be irritating. Fact is that it's not nice because you are basically crapping on an entire area.

BUT Nashville was trying to move NJ to Middle TN and guess what. If that happened we would have been just as guilty with NJ's blood on our hands. And if you think about it, when you want something there is jealousy. You see someone have something that you want and you have a tendency to hate.

There is always people who do stupid things but there is hope that they grow up. I've seen it in myself and many others from NP who frankly, I wanted to strangle but I'm watching them grow up and mature.

Being a hockey fan is not being a member of a fan base but being a part of a community. Sure once in a while the neighbors get rowdy and stupid but guess what, so have we from time to time. No one is innocent. EVERYONE has made a post or had a thought without thinking things through.

Having a short memory helps with life. Having forgiveness does too. If anyone were to come on the boards and spout off about moving the team as moderator I will handle the problem, delete the post and reprimand the poster.

Old
01-07-2011, 10:31 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
i remember that drivel and his stupid mickey mouse canada avatar

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok, here's my question. How much is SK going to get on the open market if he hits 40 points?

Old
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Ok, here's my question. How much is SK going to get on the open market if he hits 40 points?
2 million

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
This and how he seems so oblivious to the fact that we don't want to continually hear the crap he has to say are the reasons I don't like the guy...

As for SK on the open market if he hits 40 pts, I'm guessing $1.5-$2mil. There's always a chance that a team gdrastically overpays him though. This is the NHL after all.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
tserberis*

He is RFA and he will resign with Preds. I believe his pay will be around 2.25
And if he gets close to 50 mark then maybe 7.5 for 3 years.

And Dryden is troll. He has history with SK in Hamilton. That's why he keep craping on him.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
That can be irritating. Fact is that it's not nice because you are basically crapping on an entire area.

BUT Nashville was trying to move NJ to Middle TN and guess what. If that happened we would have been just as guilty with NJ's blood on our hands.correct me if i am wrong, but that was ownership wanting to move, not a new owner trying to move team before he even owned the team And if you think about it, when you want something there is jealousy. You see someone have something that you want and you have a tendency to hate.

There is always people who do stupid things but there is hope that they grow up. I've seen it in myself and many others from NP who frankly, I wanted to strangle but I'm watching them grow up and mature.

Being a hockey fan is not being a member of a fan base but being a part of a community. Sure once in a while the neighbors get rowdy and stupid but guess what, so have we from time to time. No one is innocent. EVERYONE has made a post or had a thought without thinking things through.

Having a short memory helps with life.amen Having forgiveness does too. If anyone were to come on the boards and spout off about moving the team as moderator I will handle the problem, delete the post and reprimand the poster.
4 characters

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

beware zomstitsyn!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Really like this quote from Wilson regarding his development:

Quote:
"I come from college where I get really hyped for the weekends, so itís a little bit different playing four games in seven nights so Iím learning to stay even keeled and stay focused."
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ocker-room-16/

As Cooper pointed out in his "Second Period Ponderings" blog last night, Wilson has been mixing multi-point games with no point games of late. Consistency is going to be key for Wilson's development moving forward and it's clear from this quote that he gets it and is working on the mental side of the game to find that needed consistency at the NHL level...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Really like this quote from Wilson regarding his development:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ocker-room-16/

As Cooper pointed out in his "Second Period Ponderings" blog last night, Wilson has been mixing multi-point games with no point games of late. Consistency is going to be key for Wilson's development moving forward and it's clear from this quote that he gets it and is working on the mental side of the game to find that needed consistency at the NHL level...
That is what I like to hear from young players, knowing that they have faults and finding them and fixing them.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:40 PM
hatedandproud

Quote:
dryden absolutely is a troll.
I remember his third post on np.com (because I saved it) just ripping our fanbase. It was Hockey elitist to the max and he never changed his style, always arrogant and condesending.
I tried to retrieve the above mentioned post from np, but I couldn't since they changed the boards again.
Apologies for going back to the off topic subject.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
OK, enough already...

The discussion is about last night's game, it is not about a poster's posts over at NP.com.

I guarantee you if those same posts were made here, he would have been banned pretty quickly. Unfortunately, the moderation on that board at the time was overwhelmed and didn't address the issue when it was needed.

There are multiple layers of moderation at HFBoards that provide for 24/7/365 coverage due to having moderators all over the World to cover when either BFC or myself are not available. If you see a post that pushes it and you would like to see action taken, please use the Report feature (white triangle with a red exclamation point) located under each posters name to the far left of every post and it will be reviewed and addressed if necessary.

Please get this thread back on topic. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns regarding this issue, feel free to PM BFC and/or myself.

Thanks!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
roseyc

Poile continues to impress. How he manipulated our FA signings last summer and how they have worked out. SOB was a good pickup and so was SK and now Svatos. We now have guys who have skill to put the puck in the net.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote