Notices

Thrashers win 3-2 @ Florida Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2011, 10:11 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Panther fan coming in peace. I just want to comment how respectful most of your posts are. And we do share this us against them issue when canadians at time feel our two teams dont belong.

I am rooting ofr both our teams to make the playoffs.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Freibahlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Panther fan coming in peace. I just want to comment how respectful most of your posts are. And we do share this us against them issue when canadians at time feel our two teams dont belong.

I am rooting ofr both our teams to make the playoffs.
Couldn't be more proud of the SouthEast division right now. Granted, there are great teams in other divisions, but I'd say this is this is the only of the three Eastern Conference teams that a top seed isn't a 'gimme'. Washington, Tampa, Atlanta, Florida and Carolina can ALL possibly make the show as it stands and none of us will get there without playing our ***** off.

If we keep this up and all of our teams' play improves, we will own the Eastern conference. Let them joke all they want about Southern hockey.

Last edited by Freibahlen: 01-06-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old
01-06-2011, 10:36 AM
The Sneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMClark View Post
Couldn't be more proud of the SouthEast division right now. Granted, there are great teams in other divisions, but I'd say this is this is the only of the three Eastern Conference teams that a top seed is a 'gimme'. Washington, Tampa, Atlanta, Florida and Carolina can ALL possibly make the show as it stands and none of us will get there without playing our ***** off.

If we keep this up and all of our teams' play improves, we will own the Eastern conference. Let them joke all they want about Southern hockey.

Its a curse. The Rangers get to play a mountain of games against the Devils and Islanders. The Habs get to play a ton against the Leafs, Sens, and Sabres.

We get a tough team every inter divisional match. Not only do we have to scrap it out in the deepest division but our main competition for playoff spots outside the division has a steady stream of easy points.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Freibahlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Its a curse. The Rangers get to play a mountain of games against the Devils and Islanders. The Habs get to play a ton against the Leafs, Sens, and Sabres.

We get a tough team every inter divisional match. Not only do we have to scrap it out in the deepest division but our main competition for playoff spots outside the division has a steady stream of easy points.
Meant to say ISN'T a gimme. I fixed it.

But yeah... this is a toughy. The good news is... if you make the playoffs and are in the Southeast division... if things continue as they are... then you have earned the spot. If you don't.... that is just tough luck.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:55 AM
KevFist
is best pony

feel bad for the Panthers because they certainly earned a win last night. They're a good looking team that doesn't get the credit they deserve and they have a very classy fanbase as well. I hope they make up the two they should have had playing us, just against a different team..

I can very realistcally see all five Southeast teams making the playoffs.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
I can very realistcally see all five Southeast teams making the playoffs.
But there's too many interdivisional games - so teams in one division beat each other up and take too many points from each other. There's just no way you're going to get 5 out of 8 playoff spots from one division. Even four is very, very hard to do.

But the cats have a better shot at the playoffs then than the canes. If 4 SE teams make it, the cats could be one.

They just need a power play.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:21 AM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
In 08-09 all five Central teams almost made it. Nashville only missed it by 3 points. What if they had won just two more games?

It's improbable, but still entirely possible even with interdivisional games.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Sabreality

3 at most will make it..the line is pretty clear right now between the haves and have nots...although the Rangers just began a tough stretch of 12 in 20 & Habs are getting softer, but theyre both still solid clubs.

i just dont think the Canes or Cats have enough to get in, its not like theyre really much better than the Sens or Sabres and they arent very good.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Oops...

Last edited by AtlantaWhaler: 01-06-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old
01-06-2011, 12:21 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Kind of a lame way to win.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Oh man Pavelec just picking the puck and giving it to the ref. Just found that strangely funny now.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

OUCH

Old
01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
sctvman

They actually showed highlights on the local news in Charleston last night because of Rich Peverley. He used to play on the Stingrays a few years ago.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
The Sneak

Does anyone have video of the shot on the non-goal? I've seen several angles with the puck eventually in the net. I watched the game last night but to be honest no one made that big a deal at the time it was seemingly glossed over. I'd like to take another look.

The Thrashers very nearly crapped the bed last night. They got up early and did nothing with their opportunities the rest of the way. Peverley missing on a breakaway, scads of PP minutes frittered, and they nearly had it come back to haunt them.

They need a killer instinct.

That said Clemmensen should have received a star

Old
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
StackThePads

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Actually, disregard that pic. I was told the whole body had to be over, so this is legal. Nevermind.
Not necessarily true.

If you're in the position on that picture and your back foot is up (actually not touching the ice), you're offsides.

Old
01-06-2011, 04:06 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Actually, disregard that pic. I was told the whole body had to be over, so this is legal. Nevermind.
Yes, you're right. If just a small part of skate, which is on the ice, is on the blueline, there is no offside.

Old
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I want the Panthers to do well. I agree, we are like twins. I hate Tampa and Carolina and of course, Washington.

I saw Pavs pull the puck out after the play also. Was expecting the play to get reviewed but they went right to commercial. I'm guessing the guys in Toronto were watching a certain Jr. team get stomped by another later to be drunk off their ***** Jr. team.

They could care less about Atlanta-Florida games. The officials were probably just some friends of Colin Campbell that wanted the "NHL Experience". They were the worst I've seen all year and it seems Atlanta always gets crappy officials.

Even Darren was commenting on how bad they were and he usually doesn't.

Old
01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
laurallf

Friend of mine said Bettman instructed the refs to make sure Atlanta won because the more they win, the better attendance gets and Bettman wants to shove it in Canada's face that he's right about hockey in Atlanta.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurallf View Post
Friend of mine said Bettman instructed the refs to make sure Atlanta won because the more they win, the better attendance gets and Bettman wants to shove it in Canada's face that he's right about hockey in Atlanta.
Seems like a good business idea to me. Where would you rather have a team suceed?

Here?

Or here?

Suck it Canada, you can't touch the ATL. Good luck. hahahaha

Old
01-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleternal View Post
Seems like a good business idea to me. Where would you rather have a team suceed?

Here?

Or here?

Suck it Canada, you can't touch the ATL. Good luck. hahahaha
I'll take Canada for 500, Bob.

I was in Edmonton during the Oilers finals appearance in '06. I guarantee you that, if the Thrashers were to make the finals, the atmosphere wouldn't even be a quarter of what it was in Edmonton, or in Calgary in '04, for that matter. Hell, we go crazy over stupid **** like the World Juniors and even Quarterfinals victories.

From 1:18 onwards is the sound of the city of Vancouver when the Canadian team scored the gold medal winning goal. That's over the noise of water, ferries and helicopters.

Suck it, America. You can't come close to touching Canadian hockey.

Sorry, I usually don't like attacking people for defending southern teams, but the simple fact is, even Yellowknife (Haha, okay, maybe not Yellowknife, but only due to population. They could CERTAINLY get the corporate support), Saskatoon, Halifax and Moncton could support a team better than ANY of Atlanta, Sunrise, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Nashville, etc. That's an undeniable fact.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
Suck it, America. You can't come close to touching Canadian hockey.

Sorry, I usually don't like attacking people for defending southern teams, but the simple fact is, even Yellowknife (Haha, okay, maybe not Yellowknife, but only due to population. They could CERTAINLY get the corporate support), Saskatoon, Halifax and Moncton could support a team better than ANY of Atlanta, Sunrise, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Nashville, etc. That's an undeniable fact.
This right here is why I was so undeniably happy to see Canada absolutely blow a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period to lose the world juniors. Yeah I live in Canada and am a proud citizen, but this country seriously needs to be taken down a few pegs in this sport when it comes to any other non-Canadian market.

Who cares who can support what, it doesn't make any city Canadian or American less deserving of a franchise. Hell basketball was invented by a Canadian but most of us could care less about it because of the simple fact we're **** at the game as a country. But because we're good at hockey, the cockiness and constant reminder of things like this needs to be shoved down everyone else's throat for some reason.

I for one hope this franchise never moves and if Winnipeg, Quebec City or whoever is the next city to get a team does so by expansion and not relocation.

/rant

Last edited by Lynk: 01-06-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

oops. wrong thread

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 01-07-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old
01-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
This right here is why I was so undeniably happy to see Canada absolutely blow a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period to lose the world juniors. Yeah I live in Canada and am a proud citizen, but this country seriously needs to be taken down a few pegs in this sport when it comes to any other non-Canadian market.

Who cares who can support what, it doesn't make any city Canadian or American less deserving of a franchise. Hell basketball was invented by a Canadian but most of us could care less about it because of the simple fact we're **** at the game as a country. But because we're good at hockey, the cockiness and constant reminder of things like this needs to be shoved down everyone else's throat for some reason.

I for one hope this franchise never moves and if Winnipeg, Quebec City or whoever is the next city to get a team does so by expansion and not relocation.

/rant
Oh? I'm sorry. Some guy attempted to attack Canada as a hockey-loving country and actually attempted to claim that Canada can't stand up to a city like Atlanta.

I love the Thrashers, and I want to see them succeed where they are (Although I would LOVE it if they moved to Winnipeg/Quebec City, so that they're televised more, and closer to home), but I won't sit idle if someone attacks the greatest hockey country in the entire world.

We don't support basketball because it's a terrible sport, not because we suck at it.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Shameus

And we're done

Closed Thread