HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
  #26
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I for one was really happy Grabovski was traded to Toronto for some **** prospect that will never do anything for us. Gee thanks gainey for that one, good thing you didn't move him out of the division.

He's having a 3pt night so far and his 17 goals would sure look nice on our 2nd line instead of gomez. YUCK.
Yeah well you hate everything. Your sig says it all, you consider Gainey a "failure." I don't think all these guys- Ribeiro, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Grabovski- would be killer with us. The problem is that in itself. Why aren't they? Clearly Timmins drafting is not terrible. It's the development of the prospects he helps find us. This can't keep happening and yet does. Eller next? I'm so ****ing sick of seeing it. These prospects are not handled well or can't handle Montreal. Why is Andrei so streaky but I could easily see him score 35 on a decent team even, like St. Louis or Nashville. We're a broken system.

Hab-a-maniac is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
  #27
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Yeah well you hate everything. Your sig says it all, you consider Gainey a "failure." I don't think all these guys- Ribeiro, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Grabovski- would be killer with us. The problem is that in itself. Why aren't they? Clearly Timmins drafting is not terrible. It's the development of the prospects he helps find us. This can't keep happening and yet does. Eller next? I'm so ****ing sick of seeing it. These prospects are not handled well or can't handle Montreal. Why is Andrei so streaky but I could easily see him score 35 on a decent team even, like St. Louis or Nashville. We're a broken system.
It doesn't bother me he isn't on our team but tradinghim to the leafs for nothing was idiotic and I said the same thing AT THE TIME. It is now getting worse and worse as it looks like we gave one of our rivals their best player.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:31 PM
  #28
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I for one was really happy Grabovski was traded to Toronto for some **** prospect that will never do anything for us. Gee thanks gainey for that one, good thing you didn't move him out of the division.

He's having a 3pt night so far and his 17 goals would sure look nice on our 2nd line instead of gomez. YUCK.
"But, but, but...he gets so much ice time....and it's on a bad team...and he doesn't have any pressure".

JayBee* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:33 PM
  #29
JimmyDarmody
Registered User
 
JimmyDarmody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Yeah well you hate everything. Your sig says it all, you consider Gainey a "failure." I don't think all these guys- Ribeiro, Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Grabovski- would be killer with us. The problem is that in itself. Why aren't they? Clearly Timmins drafting is not terrible. It's the development of the prospects he helps find us. This can't keep happening and yet does. Eller next? I'm so ****ing sick of seeing it. These prospects are not handled well or can't handle Montreal. Why is Andrei so streaky but I could easily see him score 35 on a decent team even, like St. Louis or Nashville. We're a broken system.
It's simple. This team is full of softies from management downwards. Who is the one holding court in the locker room when the fire is lacking? Gionta? Cammy? Gomez? Gill?
Please, I'd laugh in all their faces and tell them to look at their own lack of guts before getting in my business. I'm sure it's no different for guys like Kostitsyn (who I'm not a fan of) who sees a 6'7 250 pound Gill too scared to throw a hit or rough anyone up after the whistle. Management breeds this mentality year in and year out from the players they draft to the players they acquire through trades and free-agency. They had a chance to move past the Koivu era of softness and instead opted for another dwarf with even less offensive ability as the next captain.

JimmyDarmody is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:40 PM
  #30
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
It's simple. This team is full of softies from management downwards. Who is the one holding court in the locker room when the fire is lacking? Gionta? Cammy? Gomez? Gill?
Please, I'd laugh in all their faces and tell them to look at their own lack of guts before getting in my business. I'm sure it's no different for guys like Kostitsyn (who I'm not a fan of) who sees a 6'7 250 pound Gill too scared to throw a hit or rough anyone up after the whistle. Management breeds this mentality year in and year out from the players they draft to the players they acquire through trades and free-agency. They had a chance to move past the Koivu era of softness and instead opted for another dwarf with even less offensive ability as the next captain.
Gomez, Gio, Gill command should be respected...they've been in the league for many years and have played for winning organizations.

Gio especially gives it 100% every game. I hear what you're saying, but I think there are a lot of character guys on the team that command respect and deserve it.

JayBee* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:59 PM
  #31
JimmyDarmody
Registered User
 
JimmyDarmody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Gomez, Gio, Gill command should be respected...they've been in the league for many years and have played for winning organizations.

Gio especially gives it 100% every game. I hear what you're saying, but I think there are a lot of character guys on the team that command respect and deserve it.
Really? Because guys like Gomez, Gill, and Gionta will not be remembered 10 years from now. Players like that come and go and if you think they can live off their average reputations then I think it explains why some of the younger guys aren't overly interested in getting lectured by soft second liners and hulking 6th defensemen who are terrified of their own shadow.

To make matters worse, guys like Gomez and Cammy are the first to get the stick work going and lose their tempers. Don't count on any of them having your back though. It's not entirely their fault. Gomer, Cammy, and Gio are all physically weak by NHL standards so part of the blame has to go towards management for being obsessed with a effeminate brand of hockey.

JimmyDarmody is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
  #32
Odelein24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
It's simple. This team is full of softies from management downwards. Who is the one holding court in the locker room when the fire is lacking? Gionta? Cammy? Gomez? Gill?
Please, I'd laugh in all their faces and tell them to look at their own lack of guts before getting in my business. I'm sure it's no different for guys like Kostitsyn (who I'm not a fan of) who sees a 6'7 250 pound Gill too scared to throw a hit or rough anyone up after the whistle. Management breeds this mentality year in and year out from the players they draft to the players they acquire through trades and free-agency. They had a chance to move past the Koivu era of softness and instead opted for another dwarf with even less offensive ability as the next captain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Really? Because guys like Gomez, Gill, and Gionta will not be remembered 10 years from now. Players like that come and go and if you think they can live off their average reputations then I think it explains why some of the younger guys aren't overly interested in getting lectured by soft second liners and hulking 6th defensemen who are terrified of their own shadow.

To make matters worse, guys like Gomez and Cammy are the first to get the stick work going and lose their tempers. Don't count on any of them having your back though. It's not entirely their fault. Gomer, Cammy, and Gio are all physically weak by NHL standards so part of the blame has to go towards management for being obsessed with a effeminate brand of hockey.
You make some good points but you I find you're contradicting yourself as well.

1. I don't see what Gionta being small has to do with it, the guy is a warrior and a cup winner. Would you be saying the same thing if it was St. Louis as our captain?

2. Call them 2nd liners and 6th D but they're cup winners. You listen to cup winners.

3. You want them to have fire in the dressing room but then keep their tempers on the ice?

4. You also tend to exaggerate things. It doesn't help your arguement to insist that players are: soft, gutless, average and terrified by shadows. Ask Marc Savard if having big, tough guys on his team prevented him from almost being decapatated.

Odelein24 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
  #33
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,235
vCash: 500
Some peoplea here seem to forgot that Grabovski in his own had decided to not take a plane to go with the team, which was indeed well enough in my book to trade him where we still got a second round pick for him. This got us Lang who was then fabulous for us. Then Sergei also choose to not report himself to the AHL if I remmeber correctly, then he finally got there, but that IMO is well enough to loose your confidence into a player as an organization, nobody can do that, nobody is bigger than a team and they just should GTFO when it happen. Obviously, I think we didn't had enough against the guy.

Forsead is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 10:55 PM
  #34
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Some peoplea here seem to forgot that Grabovski in his own had decided to not take a plane to go with the team, which was indeed well enough in my book to trade him where we still got a second round pick for him. This got us Lang who was then fabulous for us. Then Sergei also choose to not report himself to the AHL if I remmeber correctly, then he finally got there, but that IMO is well enough to loose your confidence into a player as an organization, nobody can do that, nobody is bigger than a team and they just should GTFO when it happen. Obviously, I think we didn't had enough against the guy.
I don't think the issue was trading him. The issue was trading him to a division rival....and not just any old divison rival....the friggin Leafs.

I personally would never make a deal with the Leafs unless it was something Boston got where I was clearly fleecing them.

JayBee* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 10:58 PM
  #35
JimmyDarmody
Registered User
 
JimmyDarmody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
You make some good points but you I find you're contradicting yourself as well.

1. I don't see what Gionta being small has to do with it, the guy is a warrior and a cup winner. Would you be saying the same thing if it was St. Louis as our captain?

2. Call them 2nd liners and 6th D but they're cup winners. You listen to cup winners.

3. You want them to have fire in the dressing room but then keep their tempers on the ice?

4. You also tend to exaggerate things. It doesn't help your arguement to insist that players are: soft, gutless, average and terrified by shadows. Ask Marc Savard if having big, tough guys on his team prevented him from almost being decapatated.

1. St. Louis is a 5 time All-star and legitimate PPG 1st line winger. Gionta is a 50 point player. Apart from stature there is no comparison between the two.

2. Tomas Kopecky is also a cup winner. Do you think people give a rats ass about his postseason tales?

3. I'm not saying I have a problem with their tempers flaring up on the ice. It's just that it's painfully evident that it only occurs when they feel they've been wronged and they'll never bat an eye to a teammate getting pushed around. But again, how eager would you be to get your nose dirty when you're 5'9 175 and laughably weak?

4. The Bruins have some tough players but they are most definitely not a tough team. This seasons Pens would be a better example. Ask Jay Rosehill whether that permanent scarring was worth a missed run at Crosby and a small bump after the whistle on Paul Martin.

JimmyDarmody is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:03 PM
  #36
Odelein24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
1. St. Louis is a 5 time All-star and legitimate PPG 1st line winger. Gionta is a 50 point player. Apart from stature there is no comparison between the two.

2. Tomas Kopecky is also a cup winner. Do you think people give a rats ass about his postseason tales?

3. I'm not saying I have a problem with their tempers flaring up on the ice. It's just that it's painfully evident that it only occurs when they feel they've been wronged and they'll never bat an eye to a teammate getting pushed around. But again, how eager would you be to get your nose dirty when you're 5'9 175 and laughably weak?

4. The Bruins have some tough players but they are most definitely not a tough team. This seasons Pens would be a better example. Ask Jay Rosehill whether that permanent scarring was worth a missed run at Crosby and a small bump after the whistle on Paul Martin.
1. Both cup winners.

2. A rookie might. Regardless of who someone is on a team, they probably have some kind of post season advice to dispense.

3. I'll agree with you on that point and chalk it up to management errors.

4. I'm sorry I think I missed your point on this one.

Odelein24 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:04 PM
  #37
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I don't think the issue was trading him. The issue was trading him to a division rival....and not just any old divison rival....the friggin Leafs.

I personally would never make a deal with the Leafs unless it was something Boston got where I was clearly fleecing them.
Well if they were the team offering the most ! Anyway that's not like it would bite us in the ass in the playoff

People also forget that Grabovski will be 27 years old in 24 days... it's almost plekanec age it's not like he was really a young player or a rookie, even with that age he still only has played 203 games in the NHL

Forsead is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:27 PM
  #38
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,241
vCash: 500
1st assist for Max "Laperrière" in Anaheim against Columbus

Mathletic is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
  #39
dfk711*
The real #11
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Finland
Posts: 20,086
vCash: 500
Lappy just got his first point as a Duck

dfk711* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:33 PM
  #40
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Good for him.

Matt Beleskey (2) Slap Shot - Assists: M. Lapierre (4) & T. Lydman (15)

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
  #41
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Tom Kostopoulos broke Brad Stuart's jaw tonight.



Last edited by Fel 96: 01-08-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 12:37 AM
  #42
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Tom Kostopoulos broke Brad Stuart 's jaw tonight.

That was vicious and has big suspension written all over it.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM
  #43
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 29,183
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Tom Kostopoulos broke Brad Stuart 's jaw tonight.

Oh crap, that hurt just watching it. Likely warrant a suspension of 1-2 games. And we let him go...

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 01:30 AM
  #44
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,809
vCash: 500
TK>>Moen

Still, not for the above video. Hit stuart at bad time. Bad hit IMO.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 01:50 AM
  #45
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/312791.html

lolwut?

He got the 3rd star against the Preds...

BeBen* is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 01:53 AM
  #46
Yanstar274
Registered User
 
Yanstar274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Grabovski more goals than Cammalerri, Gionta or Kostitsyn

Mikhail *********** Grabovski with his 2 goals last night, his 16th and 17th. As many points as Plekanec with 1 game less played. Is the kid only in a hot streak or did the habs made a mistake of trading him so fast?

He had issues with S.Kostitsyn who isn't a habs anymore. Maybe if we would have been more patient, we wouldn't trade for Gomez and our center would have look like this: Plekanec, Grabovski, Desharnais, Eller, Halpern.

Do we give up on young players too quickly? O Byrne, S.Kostitsyn, D'Agostini...Is the Grabovski thing make you realize ¨Hey I think I can wait a little bit more before giving up on A.Kostitsyn?¨

Im of those who pretty much like Gomez and didn't like Grabovski at the time but I wanted to create an intresting debate.

Yanstar274 is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 01:56 AM
  #47
Dark Knight
We The North !!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 500
Thanks to Gainey! (But I always thought it was a repaying-the-favor type deal after Leafs gave Montreal permission to speak to Sundin about a contract before FA)

Grabovski is one of our favorite Leafs. The guy is the hardest worker on our team, as per Ron Wilson. He's sobered up and puts in a lot of extra time after practice.

Kulemin - Grabovski - MacArthur

have been our best line so far. Unreal chemistry. Wilson doesn't really have glowing things to say about many players, but he loves Grabovski and Kulemin.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 01:57 AM
  #48
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
It happens, Grabovski is hitting his stride and has developed chemistry that's about it. His game stepped up with MacArthur and Kulemin and a lot of the problems have been addressed.


Don't worry we in Leaf Nation also feel your hurt.

Stempniak..
Steen..
1st round picks from 1993, 1997, 2010, 2011
Antropov..
etc.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 02:07 AM
  #49
Destoker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
As we all know, this team has no patience with the youth. Grabo had everything to succeed, just like Sergei, Lats and to a lesser extend Ribs. They all had maturity problems we can all agree ( add O'byrne and d'ago but for confidence issue). Isn't maturing part of the process for rookies? I mean why can we grow them in the minors well, but once on the team they can't put it together? One size fits all doesn't work with the new generation. Somebody's got to realize that behind the bench.

Destoker is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 02:13 AM
  #50
Dark Knight
We The North !!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,031
vCash: 500
I'm constantly surprised with the players the Canadiens draft, but feel bad that more often than not they can't see the fruits of their labor.

I always liked Ryan O'Byrne and felt like if Montreal was patient enough, he would become a solid 2nd pairing D-man.

Always thought Halak had potential, and good on him to show that with the Canadiens in his last year with the team.

Latendresse took off in Minnesota, but wasn't able to with Montreal.

D'Agostini settled into a role with St.Louis but looked like he didn't have a place when with Montreal.

Grabovski is looking like a gem for the Leafs, and was traded when he was too raw.

I hope Sergei doesn't come to bite them in the ***, but even if he was to, one should keep in mind that no GM would have tolerated the kind of behavior Sergei was demonstrating when with the Canadiens.

Sometimes its player development, and many times its the surrounding atmosphere. Montreal and Toronto aren't the best places for youngsters to go through growing pains. There is a very little margin or time frame for them to show what they've got.

Toronto went through the same with the likes of Alex Steen and Carlo Colaiacovo.

Dark Knight is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.