HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

UFA Lefty Dmen to NYR

Old
01-05-2011, 10:06 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Cause you know the Rangers,they will give him a contract extension after the first good playoff game he has.Sorry i meant the ONLY good game he has
You know what, you're right. The Komisarek and Beauchemain signings were amazing. How are they doing for what they are being paid?

How about those trades for Phaneuf and Kessel?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Kessel is a better offensive player than Callahan (though Cally has a slightly better PPG average this year), but Cally is better than Kessel is every other part of the game. I wouldn't trade Cally for Kessel straight up.

The rest is overpayment for a rental.
Exactly right^.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:23 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

kessel will (almost) never be moved. trading kessel= eating the biggest steaming pile of crow for burke. can't see it.

trading for pitkanen would be very interesting though. i'd be extremely hesitant to trade a 1st rd pick, but with the success of our later round drafting (cally, dubi, stepan, etc.) and if we finish in the late teens and lower range, i do it. i trade a mid prospect and a first for pitkanen.

and no to kaberle. no. if we're gonna trade high picks and prospects i don't just want a rental. pitkanen could have a longer future here. not so much for kaberle.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
I kind of like this deal--the first rounder(if the season ended right now would be pick#20)will be in the lower half of the draft(not a strong draft this year).And don't forget we have 2 2nd round picks this year.
Not a hugh loss
Drury--well wouldn't be broken hearted
Cally---tough to give up--young heart and soul player maybe the future captain of the team.
But you have to give to get.
Grachev--not sure where he fits on the team--some say he going to be really good--some say 3rd liner--again tough but offensively Kessel is better.

Kessel would be on the top line with Gabby and most likely Dubi--should produce a bunch of goals.
Kaberle is the PP QB would need to put us in the top of the league going for the cup.

Once again got to give to get but in my mind this trade would make us better now and in the future.
Plus adding Richards in summer--makes this 1 solid team.
If Kaberle walks(most likely)Vtank and or McD will play on Defense next year.
That's a horrible deal, you don't trade your future captain,soul of the team,ideal role model ranger for a rental defenseman, inconsistent,lazy,disinterested player that is a complete wildcard as to how many points he will put up any season. The second and drury are no big deal, grachev still has some potential and Kessel is an offensive upgrade over Callahan nothing more Callahan is more valuable in every other facet of the game.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
We have no use for Gilroy.

Forward prospect(I guess of Gilroy's level) + a 2nd - Kaberle is fine by me.

Maybe Bourque? Or he is too valuable to the Rags?
Uh, no.

Gilroy's available. But he has potential and value and use.
Let's not chuck any of that out the door for nothing.

Since I'm sure to be blamed for my miscues, I'll take credit for being one of the few to say not so fast with Gilroy...

Old
01-08-2011, 10:09 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
I won't address the craziness, however Roszival for Hejda I think Glen would pull the trigger on. Clears 5 mill of capspace next year and Hejda is a pretty good defensive D.

The only problem this creates is it doesn't address the issue of the lack of offensive ability on the back end at NYR. MDZ is struggling and Gilroy is a flop, but maybe if one of them can play along hejda to cover for them it would help in the long run. Rozy is pretty solid defensively but he's not that fast and his offensive game has quietly disappeared, though he's on pace for more points this year.
Premature.
And certainly not at this moment.
Please note my prior post.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Vitto79

Gilroy playing well right now. That could increase his trade value. Him and a pick should get a pretty good lefty D rental...........I don't see them doing anything until some F get back. Frolov may be on the move then too

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:24 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Bingo.
What is the deal?
Kaberle and Orr for: _________________ fill in the blank
Burke would likely want to keep Orr but if the Rangers are willing to pay a price I am definitely for it.

I would love a Stepan but the is out of the question, imo, Grachev and a 1st rounder would have to be coming our way.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:28 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
kessel will (almost) never be moved. trading kessel= eating the biggest steaming pile of crow for burke. can't see it.

trading for pitkanen would be very interesting though. i'd be extremely hesitant to trade a 1st rd pick, but with the success of our later round drafting (cally, dubi, stepan, etc.) and if we finish in the late teens and lower range, i do it. i trade a mid prospect and a first for pitkanen.

and no to kaberle. no. if we're gonna trade high picks and prospects i don't just want a rental. pitkanen could have a longer future here. not so much for kaberle.
Pitkanen and Kaberle are not the same type of dman so I guess it would depend on what you're looking for.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
ecemleafs

according to vitto weve been about to acquire a LD for 5 months.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 10:39 AM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Burke would likely want to keep Orr but if the Rangers are willing to pay a price I am definitely for it.

I would love a Stepan but the is out of the question, imo, Grachev and a 1st rounder would have to be coming our way.
You're not getting Grachev and a 1st for Kaberle. No way.

01-08-2011, 10:56 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
You're not getting Grachev and a 1st for Kaberle. No way.
Fully agree with this.

Look, no one is looking to be insulting and pick your pocket.
But you have to be realistic, and Burke has to be honest with the fans about if this is a matter of ego or not.

Kaberle is having a quiet year.
If I'm not mistaken, he is UFA next year.
This makes him a rental.

Pay for a rental? Yes, whatever's reasonable, and we can debate that, and you're entitled to whatever that top value someone will pay is.

But overpay? No.
Now feel free to first ask for that overpay.
But bottom line is you have to get real. Unless there is a last minute injury to a key D, you won't get it.

An unsigned long term Kabs is not worth either Grachev or a 1st, let alone both. I'd like to see how much rust he has/doesn't have. What team can afford to be burned if he bolts after the season?

Please try again.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
according to vitto weve been about to acquire a LD for 5 months.
i'll bet ya they acquire a vet lefty UFA Dman before the year is out?...........do u not doubt that give all the Righties in the lineup , the youth on D, DZ being sent down.

Staal, Girardi are reliable. Sauer amd Eminger are doing way better than expected. Rozy is the only vet. DZ down, McDonaugh getting a shot now. Gilroy recently picked it up big time

They are going to get someone it's just a matter of when. I'm sure as long as they are winning they won't rush it. They will dangle a 2nd rounder for sure though

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote