HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Skelleftea's top pairing (Erixon/Rundblad) to Edmonton

Old
01-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
Neither team are looking to trade away prospects.
this.

and with the way those Sens prospects are looking, they'd be foolish to trade them

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Another crazy Edm fan proposal. Who would have guessed?

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
He's going to be 6'5 250 some day..19 year olds at 6'5 235 don't usually play in the WJC let alone used as the main defensive match up guy.

Your the same team that held him around the same regard as Victor Hedman.

Kevin Prendergast (your ex-Asst GM and current HC Head Scout)
“Was probably the best defenceman at the Memorial Cup last year as an underage player. He's a can't-miss player. Very similar to Hedman. Not as good a skater as Hedman is but he's physical, takes care of business in his own end. The obviously negative thing is he's missed almost a whole season. It's a knee problem - those situations take about a year to come back from but someone's going to obviously take him (early in the draft)."
There's a difference between comparing the playing style of two players and holding them in the same regard...

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:20 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I thought getting rid of Kovalev would have been a bonus for you...
We're two months from the trade deadline. Kovalev will be traded for positive value now, so you're not doing us any favours by taking him at a cost to us.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
This guy sounds brilliant. That being said, you're the same team that picked Jared Cowen ahead of either of these guys.
And if the draft was re-done I'm sure we'd make the same selection over again.

Sorry if I'm not ecstatic of trading Rundblad, Silfverberg for "the next Kopitar/Backstrom" that's on pace for less than 30 points.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
And if the draft was re-done I'm sure we'd make the same selection over again.

Sorry if I'm not ecstatic of trading Rundblad, Silfverberg for "the next Kopitar/Backstrom" that's on pace for less than 30 points.
I wouldn't trade the paajarvi for a cory cross either.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:42 PM
joe89

Ottawa should stick to their Swedish prospects, they are both good ones.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
I wouldn't trade the paajarvi for a cory cross either.
I would guess so as Cross is retired and hasn't played in the NHL since 05/06

Old
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I would guess so as Cross is retired and hasn't played in the NHL since 05/06
Jared Cowen.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Jared Cowen.
What about him?

Old
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
HemskyToHall*

this topic has been beaten to a dead horse, but just because one of the senators scouts overlooked on a player, doesn't mean he's crap.

oilers have a great scouting team and they saw paajarvi as something special, at the time the oilers needed a big winger with speed because there was an expense of small and slow smurfy players.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
To CGY:
Dustin Penner
Cogliano or Brule

To EDM:
Tim Erixon
Curtis Glencross
Calgary says no.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
There's a difference between comparing the playing style of two players and holding them in the same regard...
Their playing styles aren't worth comparing.

"He's a cant-miss player. Very similar to Hedman."

When a 16 year old emerges in the Memorial Cup and is projected to be a mobile 6'5 250...it's a very enticing package even if an offensive game does not emerge. If you go back, your not going to find many 6'5 230+ defensemen run powerplays and produce 45 points in the WHL. His skating and stick handling should improve with his size over the next 5 years.

Look at what Volchenkov is, then consider Cowen has better mobility and covers 4-5 inches of height worth more range...and likely will have better hands and a better shot.

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 01-08-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
this topic has been beaten to a dead horse, but just because one of the senators scouts overlooked on a player, doesn't mean he's crap.

oilers have a great scouting team and they saw paajarvi as something special, at the time the oilers needed a big winger with speed because there was an expense of small and slow smurfy players.
His package of size, speed and effort make him a good NHLer by 19-20 but his hand skills and lack of shiftyness puts limits on his scoring potential and he probably ends up a glorified version of Shean Donovan. The red flags on his finish are legitimate, in 2009 I wanted him. Just hope Paajarvi doesn't get hurt because you take away his speed and he turns into Milan Michalek at best. I mean, if your going to call Cowen Cory Cross.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
I figured the Sens would be getting a bit low-balled on that one. Is there anything the Oilers could add to the package (other than the Big3, Gagner, Marincin, Whitney, or Petry) that would make it more suitable? I thought getting rid of Kovalev would have been a bonus for you...
Well, if Kovalev had five years left on his deal or something, then it would be a bonus, yeah. But he's a UFA at the end of the season and we can afford to pay him until then. Certainly we're not going to damage the team's future just to get off the hook for a couple million.

Hemsky is an awesome player when he's healthy, but no one on Ottawa can score goals, so he's not as great a fit as he would be elsewhere. We're also all but out of playoff contention now, and so improving the team for this season makes little sense because we'd be better off adding a guy like RNH or Landeskog through the draft. Plus, considering that 3 of our most key players are in their mid-to-late 30s, it's unlikely we'd be a contender in the next couple of seasons. We're going to have to rebuild, and having a guy like Rundblad - and perhaps to a lesser extent Silfverberg - is helpful in that regard.

So yeah, outside of that list of players you've mentioned, the only thing that would make this deal tenable from a Sens' perspective would be the Oilers' first round pick. But obviously that's not happening.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 03:11 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
did you forget the

Even I as a Sens fan dont even think about those 3 players with the included package of: David Rundblad, Jakob Silfverberg & Alexei Kovalev
Then you don't really know or have watched a minute of either prospect.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataBlazers17 View Post
Ottawa says no thanks unless we are getting one of Hall, MPS, or Eberle.
You are so funny thinking that what you are offering is worth one of them. I wouldn't even offer any of them for Cowen.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

pass on the sens side because you tried to sneak silf in there.

Hemsky-rundblad/kovy might actually work though.

01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You are so funny thinking that what you are offering is worth one of them. I wouldn't even offer any of them for Cowen.
Mps is way overated, sure he is fast and can score the odd goal but he isnt that special ,cowen has the better chance at reaching his full potential which is a elite top 4 physical shut down defender.And to the edmonton fans that claim we missed a player in MPS

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Mps is way overated, sure he is fast and can score the odd goal but he isnt that special ,cowen has the better chance at reaching his full potential which is a elite top 4 physical shut down defender.And to the edmonton fans that claim we missed a player in MPS
Please just stop. You're talking about 20 year old players and trying to tell us you know that your prospect will have the better career? Seriously?

We need to just stop these proposals...it's obvious we aren't moving guys like Hall, Ebs, MP, or Petry and the Sens don't want to move Cowen or Rundblad...not really all that surprising considering what both team needs and how well all of them are playing right now

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
wjhl2009fan

rockinghockey
Cowen very well could be a solid nhl player.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 04:05 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Please just stop. You're talking about 20 year old players and trying to tell us you know that your prospect will have the better career? Seriously?

We need to just stop these proposals...it's obvious we aren't moving guys like Hall, Ebs, MP, or Petry and the Sens don't want to move Cowen or Rundblad...not really all that surprising considering what both team needs and how well all of them are playing right now
Fair enough but all we here out of edmonton is trash about cowen and how superior MPS is and will forever will be when compared to cowen.

Old
01-08-2011, 04:11 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Fair enough but all we here out of edmonton is trash about cowen and how superior MPS is and will forever will be when compared to cowen.
Well, anyone that says that is stupid too

Both players have a lot of potential to great NHLer players and I think both teams have a need for the other one...who knows who will be better, but both teams should be pretty excited about them going forward

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, anyone that says that is stupid too

Both players have a lot of potential to great NHLer players and I think both teams have a need for the other one...who knows who will be better, but both teams should be pretty excited about them going forward
Thats it i dont have anything against edmontons nice collection of forwards but i just wish that edmonton fans would realise that ottawa has some of the best younger defensive prospects going ,and given the state of our current team we would not be looking to move them for higher placed tallent.But for equal or greater value forward prospects

Old
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Caje

Quote:
To OTT:
Ales Hemsky
Cogliano or Brule

To EDM:
David Rundblad
Jakob Silfverberg
Alexei Kovalev

Done in a second. Massive overpayment from Edmonton. A young point a game player and another solid roster player for 2 players that might not ever see the NHL and a salary dump.

And to people saying Ottawa should be in a rebuild, that's not going to happen. Melnyk wouldn't allow it.

Caje is offline   Reply With Quote