HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2011, 01:22 AM
Sebaldian

vCash: 500
Wake me up when he scores goals in the playoffs.

Old
01-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destoker View Post
As we all know, this team has no patience with the youth. Grabo had everything to succeed, just like Sergei, Lats and to a lesser extend Ribs. They all had maturity problems we can all agree ( add O'byrne and d'ago but for confidence issue). Isn't maturing part of the process for rookies? I mean why can we grow them in the minors well, but once on the team they can't put it together? One size fits all doesn't work with the new generation. Somebody's got to realize that behind the bench.
I'm sorry but we shouldn't lose sleep on whether or not we let guys like Kostitsyn and Grabovski go too soon. The organization could not stand by while these two players made a mockery of everything the CH stands for. It's a stab in the dark, but I'll venture a guess that 90% of fans and posters here were more than pleased to see these two traded, due in large part to their shenanigans off the ice. It was the same for Ribeiro. Any other self-respecting organization would have done the same thing, and i bet them and their fanbase aren't crying over the problem-child players they got rid of. Suck it up and move on. I'd rather win with less talented guys than a bunch of ingrates who care only about themselves and their stats. You can analyze the stats these players are putting up all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they're players that would never have worked on this team. In the end, that's all that matters, period.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I'm sorry but we shouldn't lose sleep on whether or not we let guys like Kostitsyn and Grabovski go too soon. The organization could not stand by while these two players made a mockery of everything the CH stands for. It's a stab in the dark, but I'll venture a guess that 90% of fans and posters here were more than pleased to see these two traded, due in large part to their shenanigans off the ice. It was the same for Ribeiro. Any other self-respecting organization would have done the same thing, and i bet them and their fanbase aren't crying over the problem-child players they got rid of. Suck it up and move on. I'd rather win with less talented guys than a bunch of ingrates who care only about themselves and their stats. You can analyze the stats these players are putting up all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they're players that would never have worked on this team. In the end, that's all that matters, period.
Its true

Old
01-08-2011, 02:24 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Always remember that ALL players wake up after a 1st trade...

They think

"Holy ****! Its possible that some kid could take my spot if I don't get it together"

It lights a fire under them.

Old
01-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Any reason why the Habs seemed to be the team who had the most "problems" with his kids in the past years? Any chance they have a responsability as to who they treat their kids, how they develop them, what kind of environment they are giving them etc.?

So how many other teams had just around the same kind of problem childs we had? You do know how David Perron was a heck of a problem for St-Louis do you? Yet, strangely, he's still a part of their organization and they are missing him dearly.

A mockery of what the CH stands for? Sorry, but what the CH stood for was a winning team. Surely not a team that would reach the 3rd round 1 time in 17 years. But then, I am told that there's parity. That you can't win them all and bla-bla-bla. So be it, times has changed but so are the freakin players. Money changed the game. And even with all of that, chances are old players in the past also made a mockery of the crest and yet haven't been chased from Montreal. Luckily for them, I guess there were not enough journalists to report them. But I'm pretty sure a whole lot of players didn't behave the greatest outside of the rink.

So you rather win with less talented players...euh....what? Isn't theer like a possibility you don't win SINCE you have less talented players? Contrary to the belief, there is a risk to be playing with 20 Tom Pyatt....

So you know what a self-respecting organization would do? They would ask themselves the question why it seems to continually happen to them? And fix it, like try to have within the management, people with some communication. People with some direction and a plan for youngsters that come and play for this difficult city to play in.

I'm really just shocked to continuously hear and read how they would have never worked here. How the heck do we know this? Do you actually know if everything was done to prevent all of this? Oh yes, I guess we'll hear the "Well the org. are professionnals, they surely took every measure there is to prevent everything to be happening..." But could those professionnals ever be wrong? How about taking another approach? About a little more time? About more communication? About giving them more confidence? As of now, most of them are getting the confidence and are showing that they deserved it.

At one point, you need to know what you have and exploit them. Most gifty players aren't Pyatt. They don't move their legs really really fast and never stop working for one reason....If Pyatt stops there for 1 second, he's out of the NHL for good. Strangely, the guy is the master of PK and yet our professionnals, made him miss a couple of games lately. But talented players might take a little more time to get it going. Some talented players aren't always at 100% all the time. Something tells me we still like Cammalleri but geez did I see him being afraid of being hit....or not always bring it game after game etc.

Note to Habs fans. This team is FAR FROM BEING PERFECT. You cannot have 23 hard workings guys who is always pushing in the right direction. The day you will, we will be on top of the league. And even the teams who are at the top, still have a couple of guys they have to treat differently. There are a couple of guys who are not bringing it etc....But in Montreal, you have to honor the jersey...Still wonder how being an average team for almost 20 years is honoring that jersey....So about a little faith, work with the talent you have, PUT THEM IN A SITUATION TO SUCCEED, and see how they progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Always remember that ALL players wake up after a 1st trade...

They think

"Holy ****! Its possible that some kid could take my spot if I don't get it together"

It lights a fire under them.
I will get back to you on this. We will see if ALL of them do. But even our team, we didn't make ONLY bad moves. And if you go and take a look at every player we drafted and moved, it's not ALL of them who did shine right after. Problem is that, lately, that's what it seems like. And needless to say, we would DESPERATELY need those types of offensive players that are progressing elsewhere right now. Add to that a big d-man on the back end and that would be perfect....

Old
01-08-2011, 10:34 AM
otto bond

What with this bs I'm reading...."it's the coach fault"
I'm so ****ing sick and tired of hearing this **** it sicken me. The thing is that in Montreal, you are front and runner has a player. The parties, the girls and the liquor all come free....even if you are a AHL bound player...these guys are rock stars.
They go to an other team and produce, remember Ribs, LAts, now SK and Grabo and not to forget Leclair and his what 3-4 50+ goals season
I expect the same thing with AK, he is gonna be the player we all saw and wanted once he leaves.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:53 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanstar274 View Post
Mikhail *********** Grabovski with his 2 goals last night, his 16th and 17th. As many points as Plekanec with 1 game less played. Is the kid only in a hot streak or did the habs made a mistake of trading him so fast?

He had issues with S.Kostitsyn who isn't a habs anymore. Maybe if we would have been more patient, we wouldn't trade for Gomez and our center would have look like this: Plekanec, Grabovski, Desharnais, Eller, Halpern.

Do we give up on young players too quickly? O Byrne, S.Kostitsyn, D'Agostini...Is the Grabovski thing make you realize ¨Hey I think I can wait a little bit more before giving up on A.Kostitsyn?¨

Im of those who pretty much like Gomez and didn't like Grabovski at the time but I wanted to create an intresting debate.
You will often see some players put up great numbers on a crappy team because they have few good players and these guys get all the icetime and powerplay time. I don't care of Grabo has more points than our star guys...The Leafs are one of the worst teams in the league, so you tell me who is better off.

You see stuff like this all the time...Look at Dom Moore getting 60+ points with the Leafs, or Jason Blake getting 40 goals. You honestly think Grabo would have the same numbers playing on a better team?

waffledave
Old
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
You see stuff like this all the time...Look at Dom Moore getting 60+ points with the Leafs, or Jason Blake getting 40 goals. You honestly think Grabo would have the same numbers playing on a better team?
Sorry, I don't get this. Why not? If you are tired of Gomez and put Grabovski instead, why wouldn't he have just as much icetime AND with better linemates? A better team that would acquire him right now wouldn't do it so he ends up playing on their 3rd line. They would still make him a top 6 forward as good as they are looking. Which also has to mean some PP time. How much time is Gomez getting nowadays and how about his PP time? Replace Gomez by Grabs and he has around the same kind of icetime. Last game: Grabs 19 minutes total, around 3:30 PP time. Last game: Gomez: 22 minutes total, around 4:30 PP time....

Blake got 40 goals on a team that still ended up with 92 points. He still had only 28 goals with a team out of the playoffs though. Yes, some have career years at some point. But if he succeeds when he's playing often, why wouldn't you play often if you acquire him?

Old
01-08-2011, 11:21 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
What with this bs I'm reading...."it's the coach fault"
I'm so ****ing sick and tired of hearing this **** it sicken me. The thing is that in Montreal, you are front and runner has a player. The parties, the girls and the liquor all come free....even if you are a AHL bound player...these guys are rock stars.
They go to an other team and produce, remember Ribs, LAts, now SK and Grabo and not to forget Leclair and his what 3-4 50+ goals season
I expect the same thing with AK, he is gonna be the player we all saw and wanted once he leaves.
Thing is all those players u mentionned got ice time they never had here. Maybe it has more to do with ice time

Old
01-08-2011, 11:34 AM
JimmyDarmody

Wait so Eager gets 4 games for a gloved sucker punch and Lucic gets away scot-free. Strong Leafs bias.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:36 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Thing is all those players u mentionned got ice time they never had here. Maybe it has more to do with ice time
I'm not so sure about that. I'll agree that in some cases, it was for short period of times.
The point is that we haven't got a cup in 017years, a 50 goal scorer in 20 year a 40 goal scorer in 15 year a 90pts...not 100 but 90 pts p[layer since 96.
3 years ago or 4, with Kovalv who had 35, plakanec with 29, higgins with 27, Kostitsyn with 26 and couple more with 20, that was offence and reallly fun to watch. Sure the PO where of a short live and disapointing. Last year in the PO, in the 3rd round with got blank like 3 time
Still I

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Wait so Eager gets 4 games for a gloved sucker punch and Lucic gets away scot-free. Strong Leafs bias.
It's the player who does the infraction not the team's player who got infracted.
Lucic sells the game. Eager is a agitator/4th liner.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Latendresse-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Sergei-Grabo-AK

This top6 in a organisation who know how to be patient and devellop their young players will gave us better production than the top6 we have now. And the more important alot of cap space for a better defense and a better bottom six.

Ok maybe it can't work in Martin system but put Boucher has our head coach and I'm sure he would have make magic with a top6 like that.

please don't tell me you don't win with players who have attitude like that. Alot of teams have won championship with players who will make these guys look like angels.

Last edited by Quarantesix: 01-08-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old
01-08-2011, 11:47 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I'll agree that in some cases, it was for short period of times.
The point is that we haven't got a cup in 017years, a 50 goal scorer in 20 year a 40 goal scorer in 15 year a 90pts...not 100 but 90 pts p[layer since 96.
3 years ago or 4, with Kovalv who had 35, plakanec with 29, higgins with 27, Kostitsyn with 26 and couple more with 20, that was offence and reallly fun to watch. Sure the PO where of a short live and disapointing. Last year in the PO, in the 3rd round with got blank like 3 time
Still I
that year we finished 1st in scoring in the league and dare I say we didnt have the same offensive quality players as we do now. Of course injuries are playing a significant role as far as output but I doubt wed be even close to those levels with JM.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
that year we finished 1st in scoring in the league and dare I say we didnt have the same offensive quality players as we do now. Of course injuries are playing a significant role as far as output but I doubt wed be even close to those levels with JM.
Yes we did finish 1st in scoring but let me ask you this.
Where did we rank at ES?
Still, it was a fun year to watch till the PO. Then the same old same old thing about size came out.

Old
01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I wish we still had D'Agostini. I knew he was a good player, always defended him, and he's definitely having a great season so far.

We expect too much of our players far too quickly.

Old
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I wish we still had D'Agostini. I knew he was a good player, always defended him, and he's definitely having a great season so far.

We as fans? We as media? Or We as our organization? And until recently, I was told so many things and the next one is one of them....I've been told that luckily we had Gainey and Gauthier who do not let their emotions rule their actions...and would certainly not let the fans nor the media dictate what should be done....

So if fans and media aren't responsible of those guys leaving....is "We" the organization then?

Yes, I did hear the "D'Agostini will never be good", "D'Agostini sucks", "Lats eat hamburgers" and so on....but is that enough to blame a hockey board for their leaving? Or should be blame L'Antichambre or 110%? Or written media like Tremblay?

Yet, the STRONGEST pressure that the media and fans are directing towards the organization, like it or not, is more Quebecers on the team (Note: I'm not debating whether it's good or not, just saying what the pressure is about...). So based on that, how many Quebecers have we? So it would seem that Gainey nor Gauthier couldn't care less about the pressure the fans and media are giving them. So why would they care more about the pressure we'd give them about D'Agostini and Co?

Old
01-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
Toronto went through the same with the likes of Alex Steen and Carlo Colaiacovo.
Steen I'd agree, he's really come on strong the last couple of seasons. Colaiacovo though, I'd say he's been exactly the same as he was in Toronto except with more icetime. Injury prone, not that reliable defensively, decent on a 2nd wave powerplay unit.

Quote:

I don't think he'll be useful on a good team though until he improves defensively. He's like a 20g/20a 3rd liner guy who can fill in top 6 in case of injury. Still, that 2005 draft looks as promising as we all thought a few years ago. Too bad we're only reaping the rewards of one of the picks. Albeit, I still have hope in Pouliot (I think he'll flourish with a more offensive coach) and Palushaj so all isn't bad.

Old
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:

Partly because we have nobody worth a **** to step in so they become defacto top-6 players even if they aren't that good or fully developed yet.

Old
01-08-2011, 01:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

I always liked D'ago but he's a vertseeg who is poor defensively basically so because of that, despite similar offensive upside, he can't be put on top line ice time.

Old
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I always liked D'ago but he's a vertseeg who is poor defensively basically so because of that, despite similar offensive upside, he can't be put on top line ice time.
That would be the first years D'Agostini. If you saw him play now, he's much better defensively, like any kid who are actually progressing, so even if we think that his +5 means nothing, for having seen him play, he's much better than poor right now.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That would be the first years D'Agostini. If you saw him play now, he's much better defensively, like any kid who are actually progressing, so even if we think that his +5 means nothing, for having seen him play, he's much better than poor right now.
I used to defend the guy very much but fact of the matter is, he isn't THAT bad defensively, but when this guy is in a slump, for some reason he seems lost out there in every aspect.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:10 PM
TheGoalJudge

Grabovski's actually a good player. Denying it is retarded.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Oh wow O'Byrne scored.

Old
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Oh wow O'Byrne scored.
and now tied for 17th best among d-men and 34th overall at +11

Old
01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
and now tied for 17th best among d-men and 34th overall at +11
Someone at TSN must hate him, look at the picture they chose to use for his player page

Closed Thread