HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Skelleftea's top pairing (Erixon/Rundblad) to Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
  #51
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!
 
Highbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 500
Doesn't take into account Ottawa's needs or status whatsoever. Enormous pass.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
  #52
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,274
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Oh, how I do wish this could happen.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
  #53
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
He's going to be 6'5 250 some day..19 year olds at 6'5 235 don't usually play in the WJC let alone used as the main defensive match up guy.

Your the same team that held him around the same regard as Victor Hedman.

Kevin Prendergast (your ex-Asst GM and current HC Head Scout)
“Was probably the best defenceman at the Memorial Cup last year as an underage player. He's a can't-miss player. Very similar to Hedman. Not as good a skater as Hedman is but he's physical, takes care of business in his own end. The obviously negative thing is he's missed almost a whole season. It's a knee problem - those situations take about a year to come back from but someone's going to obviously take him (early in the draft)."
i dont know enough about the player to comment but KP's words with a grain of salt, if every prospect was as good as he thought the oilers wouldnt have sucked, i dont think he ever said anything bad about a prospect ever

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
  #54
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Their playing styles aren't worth comparing.

"He's a cant-miss player. Very similar to Hedman."

When a 16 year old emerges in the Memorial Cup and is projected to be a mobile 6'5 250...it's a very enticing package even if an offensive game does not emerge. If you go back, your not going to find many 6'5 230+ defensemen run powerplays and produce 45 points in the WHL. His skating and stick handling should improve with his size over the next 5 years.

Look at what Volchenkov is, then consider Cowen has better mobility and covers 4-5 inches of height worth more range...and likely will have better hands and a better shot.
i thought you were talking about our slovak defender from the second round for a second

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:22 PM
  #55
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Mps is way overated, sure he is fast and can score the odd goal but he isnt that special ,cowen has the better chance at reaching his full potential which is a elite top 4 physical shut down defender.And to the edmonton fans that claim we missed a player in MPS
Are these players 30 or prospects, can i have the lotto numbers or are you full of *****

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
  #56
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Are these players 30 or prospects, can i have the lotto numbers or are you full of *****
you arent getting the lotto numbers with that kind of attitiude and yes iam kidding

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
  #57
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
i dont know enough about the player to comment but KP's words with a grain of salt, if every prospect was as good as he thought the oilers wouldnt have sucked, i dont think he ever said anything bad about a prospect ever
At the time of his injury he was a consensus top 5 pick, as high as 3-4....it likely wasn't just Prendergast. But either way, the poster was taking a shot at Sens drafting/scouting...Prendergast said those things...and represented Oilers drafting/scouting.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
  #58
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
since sens/leafs fans always claim that paajarvi fell for a reason, what about cowen? he was ranked top 3 in the mock draft and fell.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
  #59
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
i thought you were talking about our slovak defender from the second round for a second
Until you considered the 45 pound weight differential right?

Marincin's better compared to Patrick Weircioch. A guy with a lot of potential if he fills out nicely. Weircioch put up a PPG in the WCHA as an 18 year old....he's currently struggling with the defensive side of the AHL as he weighs around 6'4 190, his offensive stats are bad as he doesn't get PP time which is his bread and butter.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
  #60
topshelf15
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
since sens/leafs fans always claim that paajarvi fell for a reason, what about cowen? he was ranked top 3 in the mock draft and fell.
Busted up knee might have something to do with that,he missed almost a year in his development

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
  #61
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
since sens/leafs fans always claim that paajarvi fell for a reason, what about cowen? he was ranked top 3 in the mock draft and fell.
A serious knee injury that by all accounts he has overcome and hadn't by last season. I've heard people say, who saw him pre and post injury, that his mobility is back to normal. It's actually improved since training camp when he narrowly missed out on forcing the Sens to make room for him.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
  #62
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Until you considered the 45 pound weight differential right?

Marincin's better compared to Patrick Weircioch. A guy with a lot of potential if he fills out nicely. Weircioch put up a PPG in the WCHA as an 18 year old....he's currently struggling with the defensive side of the AHL as he weighs around 6'4 190, his offensive stats are bad as he doesn't get PP time which is his bread and butter.
It's his first NA hockey season and Tambellini said that the trainers will work in the offseason to work on his weight. At this point, management probably not want to trade Marincin for Cowen straight up.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
  #63
saillias
Registered User
 
saillias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Penner is interesting but the Flames need to go in a different direction. How about Omark?

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
  #64
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
It's his first NA hockey season and Tambellini said that the trainers will work in the offseason to work on his weight. At this point, management probably not want to trade Marincin for Cowen straight up.
Likewise. I didn't say otherwise either...

I asked if anyone had recalled a WHL Dman with Cowen's size put up the points Cowen has. Someone implied Marincin....I said Marincin's body size and offensive output is much better compared to a Dman like Patrick Weircioch, a much different player from Cowen. Not saying Marincin isn't a better prospect then Weircioch, you nor I know that.

Minister of Offence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
  #65
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
To OTT:
Ales Hemsky
Cogliano or Brule

To EDM:
David Rundblad
Jakob Silfverberg
Alexei Kovalev
__________________________________

To CGY:
Dustin Penner
Cogliano or Brule

To EDM:
Tim Erixon
Curtis Glencross
Please stop proposing trades

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 07:03 PM
  #66
bdp
Registered User
 
bdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,250
vCash: 500
Didn't the Oilers turn down Cogliano for the 15th overall this past draft? They could have then flipped that pick for Rundblad.

And we would have gotten Tarasenko

bdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
  #67
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
Didn't the Oilers turn down Cogliano for the 15th overall this past draft? They could have then flipped that pick for Rundblad.

And we would have gotten Tarasenko
There were rumblings Cogs for 15 was on the table, pending our player was still on the board (which I believe would have been any of Fowler, McIlrath, or Skinner if they fell)

However, they never really gave proof whether Florida declined it or it didn't go through because none of our guys were left on the board

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
  #68
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
At the time of his injury he was a consensus top 5 pick, as high as 3-4....it likely wasn't just Prendergast. But either way, the poster was taking a shot at Sens drafting/scouting...Prendergast said those things...and represented Oilers drafting/scouting.
i dont really get what your saying. are you saying im insulting the sens? I just wanted to say kp sucks because i hate him...i dont even know who he was talking about in the quote

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 08:45 PM
  #69
Asquaredx2
Registered User
 
Asquaredx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Sens fans need to stop hating on Paajarvi. This thread isn't even about him.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
  #70
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
There were rumblings Cogs for 15 was on the table, pending our player was still on the board (which I believe would have been any of Fowler, McIlrath, or Skinner if they fell)

However, they never really gave proof whether Florida declined it or it didn't go through because none of our guys were left on the board
Ya, the Oilers threw it out there. Chiarelli hung up right away.

As for the Oiler fans screaming **** on the original proposal, I hope you realize most fans think we're winning easily on it...

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:15 PM
  #71
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Tier View Post
Sens are likely rebuilding so I don't see them moving Rundblad and Silfverberg.

For the sake of discussion though, Murray loves Penner, so I think Penner is the guy Murray would ask for in exchange of Rundblad or Silfverberg.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:38 PM
  #72
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 200
Omark
EDM 1st

Glencross
Erixon

Not saying that's fair value, but no reason to give up on our best prospect unless the return is hard to say No to.

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 12:40 PM
  #73
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
Omark
EDM 1st

Glencross
Erixon

Not saying that's fair value, but no reason to give up on our best prospect unless the return is hard to say No to.
Erixon isn't that good to return a 1st/2nd overall pick.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2011, 02:48 PM
  #74
Synthetek
Registered User
 
Synthetek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Behind You
Country: United States
Posts: 1,068
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Jakob Silfverberg is the next Henrik Zetterberg... book it.

no way he gets traded.

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.