Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders 5 Flames 2

Old
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

vCash: 50
Way to make another 3rd string look like Patrick Roy. Same ol Flames... they will never change.

When Moss is your hottest scorer, you are in big trouble.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

I wondered where this team had gone for a week or so. Guess they're back from vacation now.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

So are new lines look like this:

Jackman - Moss - Kost
Tang - Joker - Iggy
Glen - Morrison - Bourque
Hag - Stajan - Kotalik

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Iggymonster

vCash: 500
Is it me or do think joker is just screwing up tanguay and iginla's chemistry? they had many good play then some how joker would get the puck and screw the hole play up wtf

Iggymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggymonster View Post
Is it me or do think joker is just screwing up tanguay and iginla's chemistry? they had many good play then some how joker would get the puck and screw the hole play up wtf
The game of hockey is screwing up this lines chemistry...

Nice to see jekyl and Hyde are back.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

The boys are going to have to re-group big time if they are going to have any chance against Van. They are playing very solid hockey right now. If the Flames do not bring their very best game, they are going to get trounced. However I expect a much better effort against their biggest rival.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:46 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
WOW!.. what can I say?... I feel so bad for the cgy fans right now.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:07 AM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The boys are going to have to re-group big time if they are going to have any chance against Van. They are playing very solid hockey right now. If the Flames do not bring their very best game, they are going to get trounced. However I expect a much better effort against their biggest rival.
Vancouver is often guilty of looking ahead in the schedule. It's a trait. They will lose badly to Edmonton or Calgary because they are anticipating Detroit.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggymonster View Post
He probably has money riding on the game.

Flames looked terrible. Period. Hopefully they can regroup and give a strong showing for Van

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:08 AM
getoverit

That was a painful game to watch, another typical game of playing to your opposition level and getting smacked. Feaster this is the team you have, why the hell do you want to keep the core

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

A disappointing loss, but definitely not a surprising one. The Flames are not good enough to look past any opponent, and they can't be lookin' at the Islanders as any less of a threat than they would the Red Wings or Canucks. But unfortunately, this is the team we have. The Flames deserved to lose this game.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:41 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Really I don't think they have been that great at all the last few games. The 4th line has carried this team and the 1st has been pretty good, as for the other lines they have been garbage. It was only a matter of time until we stopped getting wins, and if you look back the streak wasn't super impressive. We won in a SO against Dallas, beat a banged up Buffalo team, a banged up Oiler team and beat Colorado by one goal. Actually this team is starting to look a lot like it did near the end of last season, can't score and only grinders are chipping in. And it was nice of JBo and Regehr to show up last night.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Really I don't think they have been that great at all the last few games. The 4th line has carried this team and the 1st has been pretty good, as for the other lines they have been garbage. It was only a matter of time until we stopped getting wins, and if you look back the streak wasn't super impressive. We won in a SO against Dallas, beat a banged up Buffalo team, a banged up Oiler team and beat Colorado by one goal. Actually this team is starting to look a lot like it did near the end of last season, can't score and only grinders are chipping in. And it was nice of JBo and Regehr to show up last night.
A lot of the Canucks wins have been horribly underwhelming also. During this massive streak of theirs there is a ton of games that they should have lost, but won due to goaltending, bounces, posts, etc etc. A win is a win, and a streak is a streak. I give the flames credit for theirs.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I was referring to Vancouver playing very solid, they have played alot of the top teams in the league recently, and done very well against all of them.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Vancouver is often guilty of looking ahead in the schedule. It's a trait. They will lose badly to Edmonton or Calgary because they are anticipating Detroit.
They might lose to Edmonton just due to the Oilers' skill winning out if they're not careful... I don't really see a way Vancouver loses to Calgary though. They've been an awful matchup for the Flames for over 2 years, and top to bottom I do not see how the Flames beat them coming off a horrific loss to the ISLANDERS of all teams.

But who knows, they might pull a rabbit out of the hat. Maybe now that Darryl's gone, Brent will actually give Backlund some offensive responsibilities... And wingers. Why he isn't centering Bourque and Glencross is a mystery to me.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonsApple View Post
A lot of the Canucks wins have been horribly underwhelming also. During this massive streak of theirs there is a ton of games that they should have lost, but won due to goaltending, bounces, posts, etc etc. A win is a win, and a streak is a streak. I give the flames credit for theirs.
I heard somewhere that you have to be good to be lucky.. i can't remember where though.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:44 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I heard somewhere that you have to be good to be lucky.. i can't remember where though.
Not necessarily.... I am sure you know luck comes in waves, when it rains it pours... heard of that one too?

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:17 AM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Not necessarily.... I am sure you know luck comes in waves, when it rains it pours... heard of that one too?
Nah, when you're great, good luck and bad luck don't make that big of a difference.

It's just some people have a hard time distinguishing between luck and ability.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Well if we're throwing out cliches, then the other half of that one is "you have to be lucky to be good". Some nights, if the Flames didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have any luck at all. But they'll take it one game at a time. Don't worry, the sun will still come out tomorrow.

Et cetera.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford and Sons View Post
Nah, when you're great, good luck and bad luck don't make that big of a difference.

It's just some people have a hard time distinguishing between luck and ability.
True and a certain poster has the problem of formulating anything worthwhile whatsoever

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote