HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Emelin finally moving to NA?

Old
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
calder candidate

vCash: 500
I think he is saying he want to come over to NA just to gain leverage in is contract negociation, I doutb he would move is familly to play in the AHL for less money...
I thing people are getting carried away if he could just step in and dominate(or even just be a top 4) in the NHL he would be in Mtl already.

I would still like him sign with Mtl because next year could be is best chance of coming over, the timing couldn't be more perfect for him and the team with Hammer, Gil, Markov, Gorges and Wiz all being UFA or RFA.

calder candidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Habs13

Emelin is a physical player, he'll get benched.

Habs13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
HCH

I believe that those who think the AHL and KHL are at a similar level are deluding themselves. Guys like Brock Trotter and Alex Perezhogin, who put up great numbers in the AHL at a young age, do not dominate to the same extent in the KHL. It is a veteran laden league with a lot of unsung players and former NHLers who have far more experience than the average AHL team.

While I believe a contract for Emelin probably has to be a 2-way contract to satisfy the CBA, I don't think he would have anything to prove at the AHL level. That doesn't mean he would be a star in the NHL but when I look at some of our players, he certainly has the potential to be an upgrade.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I believe that those who think the AHL and KHL are at a similar level are deluding themselves. Guys like Brock Trotter and Alex Perezhogin, who put up great numbers in the AHL at a young age, do not dominate to the same extent in the KHL. It is a veteran laden league with a lot of unsung players and former NHLers who have far more experience than the average AHL team.

While I believe a contract for Emelin probably has to be a 2-way contract to satisfy the CBA, I don't think he would have anything to prove at the AHL level. That doesn't mean he would be a star in the NHL but when I look at some of our players, he certainly has the potential to be an upgrade.
Trotter is a different story since he's not a great skater or overly quick so playing on the open ice is likely tough for him. Perezhogin is dominate though, he was one of the top goal scorers in the league 2 years ago with 28 in 55 games, and this year he's tied for 6th in the league in goals.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Trotter is a different story since he's not a great skater or overly quick so playing on the open ice is likely tough for him. Perezhogin is dominate though, he was one of the top goal scorers in the league 2 years ago with 28 in 55 games, and this year he's tied for 6th in the league in goals.
Speaking of Trotter, from your POV, does this guy have a shot at being an NHL player for us within the next 2 years(2011-2012, 2012-2013)?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 08:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Speaking of Trotter, from your POV, does this guy have a shot at being an NHL player for us within the next 2 years(2011-2012, 2012-2013)?
not unless he gets considerably stronger, quicker, and improves his defensive game as JM would hate on him for sure.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote