HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
So, the brothers are tied in points, with Andre playing 4 more games, but a +5 difference in points. Sergei also has one more goal.

Interesting to note since most people felt that Andre was the bigger offensive threat.

I was sad that Sergei didn't work out here, and am even more sad that Andre is lighting it up like I feel he could.

Glad to see that Sergei seems to be putting things together somewhere else.

No flamming here, just an interesting point.
Sergei is much more creative with the puck and sees the ice better. Andrei just has better tools, once he puts them to use (and if he puts them to use consistently) he'll be unstopable.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
And we trade Grabovski because he didn't get along with players we were later going to trade anyway?

Bring Latendresse up at 19 years old. Play him on 4th line. Kill confidence. Trade. Watch him score 30 goals.
You forgot that Ribeiro has also been traded because the management didn't want him to be a bad influence for Latendresse... who was later traded too.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsy37 View Post
Draft picks are a crapshoot. Other than the Fisher pick, which was very questionable at the time, we have made some nice picks and screwed up others. Every team has done that and I will not worry about it because at some point we will get the player that other teams have missed.
The real issue is trading players that play in the NHL today for projects or AHL type players. I include Dags, O'byrne, Sergei, Chipura and Laps in that. I do not include Lats in that because we got a NHL player (and btw, Lats showed up out-of-shape to camp this year and has been out since October). That is my issue - if you are trading a NHL player, you need to get one back unless you are getting a draft pick or highly regarded prospect (Halak for Eller). But taking on someone else's project for an established NHL player is just a recipe for disaster and you end up on the short side.
He was terrible when we traded him and he still is .

Old
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
And the biggest excuse of all.
But you know it's true . What other explanation is there . Sergei for example. Huge distractions off the ice , refused to report to the AHL team . And then when he gets traded he is a stud... Clear indications that he and all of the other were A: Too lazy B: Had terrible attitudes or C: Couldn't handle the pressure of playing hockey in Montreal

Old
01-09-2011, 11:29 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by intylerwetrust View Post
S.Kostitsyn: 20 pts in last 18 games.... traded for nothing

D'Agostini: on pace for 18 goals 39 pts..... Palushaj, we'll see

O'Byrne: would be on pace for 210 hits (wouldve been 7th amongst Dmen last season) and 192 blocked shots (wouldve been 5th last season)..... Bournival, we'll see

Lapierre: on pace for about 215 hits..... Festerling (nothing)

The usual suspects:

Grabovski: on pace for 36 goals and 67 pts..... for nothing

Latendresse: 28 goals in 63 GP with MIN..... Pouliot

Ribeiro: on pace for 68 pts..... Niinimaa (nothing)

Robidas: league leader in hits amongst Dmen last season, 7th in blocked shots, and 41 pts..... ??? I assume nothing

NHLers that didnt pan out after great starts with Habs: Ryder, Higgins, Komisarek

"Bust" draft picks and who they missed soon after:
A.Kostitsyn (10th) over J.Carter (11th)
Chipchura (18th) over Zajac (20th)
D.Fischer (20th) over C.Giroux (22nd)

Say what you want, this player would never have done well in Montreal for this and that reason, etc etc.... and yes some players have developed well in Montreal (Plekanec, Markov, Price), and there have been decent draft picks in recent years (Subban, Halak), but the list of players traded above cant be compared to many other teams in the NHL..... ok maybe Toronto with Kessel, Rask, etc.

There is CLEARLY a problem with player development here, and to make matters worse we virtually get nothing in return (so far). You can be a Hab homer and deny all you want, but this isnt normal, and I really dont see the Habs being a Cup contender anytime soon (and dont bring up last years playoffs) with this kind of managment.

Gauthier clearly has already made bad choices. Wisniwski was good as they they needed to replace Markov, but he still paid a price for a UFA to be. Sergei, DAgo, OByrne, Lapierre, all poor trades.

Gainey made his share of poor trades too (Gomez, Grabo, Lats, Ribs), but did manage to draft PK, Halak (Eller), Leblanc (well see), and not resign Komisarek or Kovy (thank god). Cammalleri and Gionta were decent signings, but he paid a lot for them whether you agree or not.

Look, Im not a Habs fan, I dont have any favourite team, I know its the same old song here in Montreal, but its clear that theres a problem. We had our run in 07-08, and failed miserably in the playoffs. Last year was great, but lets face it Halak brought them there and didnt come close to beating Philly. Size has always been a problem, and now we trade Lapierre to being in 5'7 Desharnais? Yes he deserves a shot, but your best hitting forward right now? A.Kostistyn. How pathetic is that?

Im convinced that Price and PK will be stars one day, and I REALLY hope they stick with them for a long long time. Youth IS the way to go in todays NHL, but mid 1st rounders year after year is too much of a gamble. Watch the Islanders and Oilers soar of the next several years while the Habs continue battling for a playoff spot.

Go ahead and rip me, homers.
no ripping on my part I will and one more

I have been saying this for years there is a fundamental problem with this team to develop players

what pisses me off is watching Dagostini....Obyrne....and SK play well on the CHEAP and providing their teams with productive role players that we dont have and have to pay more in free agency to get that like Moen who has done nothing

at least we got a decent prospect for Obyrne who might be our Carbo of the future
but Obyrne was that 3rd pairing guy that could of been locked up for years on the cheap and will do so in Colorado for years to come

we have Eller rotting and has shown solid vision and puck play but we bring up a midget in Des...who will never be a fixture in our lineup

Maxwell...Palushy...and most of the other forwards on the farm might as well play in the KHL ...they will never have a home here with this lineup because they cant play
bottom 6 roles and dont have enough talent or wont be given a shot on the top 2 lines as long as the other cap hits are with us on NTC

Yes we may squeek into the playoffs but last years fluke wont happen this year

Old
01-09-2011, 11:30 AM
JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Lots of deniers in this thread... stop wearing the pink goggles and see that mangement has screwed a lot lately and pretty much with the same type of players - young talented but immature - it's time that this organization arrives in the 21st century and adapt their way of doing things.
Drafting players and making trades as an NHL GM is a lot like hitting major league pitching: you're a star if you bat .300. I agree with those who have pointed out that a similar list could be assembled for almost every team in the league. Calling people "homers" and "deniers" doesn't diminish what they say in the least and doesn't make your argument, a dubious one imo, any more persuasive.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:35 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
But you know it's true . What other explanation is there . Sergei for example. Huge distractions off the ice , refused to report to the AHL team . And then when he gets traded he is a stud... Clear indications that he and all of the other were A: Too lazy B: Had terrible attitudes or C: Couldn't handle the pressure of playing hockey in Montreal
I really don't believe this. You act as if these guys have not had to deal with pressure in the past. In addition, Montreal is not the ONLY city where pressure exists. That's such a terrible excuse that Hab fans have bought into because they refuse to look at the organization with any kind of objectivity.

Why do we have so many "problem" players? Why aren't we able to address the problems "in house"? I'd hate to be a young player in this organization.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:39 AM
JayBee*

Also, you have to laugh at some of the young players not being able to crack the lineup....you know...considering the Habs have always had such solid players with the big club.

O'Byrne had to laugh at Picard getting playing time over him. White must be looking at the bottom 6 and laughing his a** off.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
TheBuriedHab

are we honestly complaining about d'agostini and SK? Dagger sucked sorry, hes only putting up points because of st louis' injuries so hes playing on the first line. SK dug his own grave here, nothing habs could have done, the guy was sent down and he threatened to go to the Khl. Laps wanted out. Only trade I don't like is OB trade but they got a nice prospect back. Other than that I see some scraps and spare parts. Robidas was a while ago can't blame it on this regime. Ribs, well he looked great the first year but has slowed down and again last year his work ethic was taken into question. This happens to every team people. Detroit Gave away Ville Leino to philly last year.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Also, you have to laugh at some of the young players not being able to crack the lineup....you know...considering the Habs have always had such solid players with the big club.

O'Byrne had to laugh at Picard getting playing time over him. White must be looking at the bottom 6 and laughing his a** off.
This . I don't agree with most of what you said. But i couldn't have said that last part better.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
RBR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Why is that valid, though? Is that an excuse for the Canadiens to suck for eternity? If that is even an actual problem, it still doesn't excuse management from not finding a solution. If such a problem existed and could not be resolved, it would essentially make it next to impossible for the team to win a Stanley Cup - the ultimate goal - because teams that can't develop and keep the best talent possible don't deserve the Stanley Cup. As much as Bettman is trying to water down the league to mediocrity, even now only the teams with the best and most talented players wins. And you can't win if those players can't handle the "pressure" of the city but can play just like the fine skilled players they are elsewhere.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:44 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
no ripping on my part I will and one more

I have been saying this for years there is a fundamental problem with this team to develop players

what pisses me off is watching Dagostini....Obyrne....and SK play well on the CHEAP and providing their teams with productive role players that we dont have and have to pay more in free agency to get that like Moen who has done nothing

at least we got a decent prospect for Obyrne who might be our Carbo of the future
but Obyrne was that 3rd pairing guy that could of been locked up for years on the cheap and will do so in Colorado for years to come

we have Eller rotting and has shown solid vision and puck play but we bring up a midget in Des...who will never be a fixture in our lineup

Maxwell...Palushy...and most of the other forwards on the farm might as well play in the KHL ...they will never have a home here with this lineup because they cant play
bottom 6 roles and dont have enough talent or wont be given a shot on the top 2 lines as long as the other cap hits are with us on NTC

Yes we may squeek into the playoffs but last years fluke wont happen this year
no ripping on my part either, agree with you and the original poster!!!
Solid post,

Old
01-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
Why is that valid, though? Is that an excuse for the Canadiens to suck for eternity? If that is even an actual problem, it still doesn't excuse management from not finding a solution. If such a problem existed and could not be resolved, it would essentially make it next to impossible for the team to win a Stanley Cup - the ultimate goal - because teams that can't develop and keep the best talent possible don't deserve the Stanley Cup. As much as Bettman is trying to water down the league to mediocrity, even now only the teams with the best and most talented players wins. And you can't win if those players can't handle the "pressure" of the city but can play just like the fine skilled players they are elsewhere.
Well i also think that it is mismanagement too. But now. Yes just now are we seeing guys like Patches and DD come up and help out with the big club . I mean our player development isn't terrible we were able to have DD,Patches,Subban,Weber come up and play with the Habs. The problem in terms of management is that we waste the talent that they have by making Patches or DD play on the 3rd or 4th line and now just now are we realizing that that isn't a good way to develop a young offensive player. And JM keeps on thinking that it is a good idea to keep Picard in and sit Weber when Picard isn't going to be back with the Habs next year and Weber is not certainly going to play a #5-6 D man role in the future.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
sprevost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
I'm sorry but we shouldn't lose sleep on whether or not we let guys like Kostitsyn and Grabovski go too soon. The organization could not stand by while these two players made a mockery of everything the CH stands for. It's a stab in the dark, but I'll venture a guess that 90% of fans and posters here were more than pleased to see these two traded, due in large part to their shenanigans off the ice. It was the same for Ribeiro. Any other self-respecting organization would have done the same thing, and i bet them and their fanbase aren't crying over the problem-child players they got rid of. Suck it up and move on. I'd rather win with less talented guys than a bunch of ingrates who care only about themselves and their stats. You can analyze the stats these players are putting up all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they're players that would never have worked on this team. In the end, that's all that matters, period.
Finally! Well said. Let's move on, we're doing just fine with the injury riddled roster we currently have.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:57 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Well i also think that it is mismanagement too. But now. Yes just now are we seeing guys like Patches and DD come up and help out with the big club . I mean our player development isn't terrible we were able to have DD,Patches,Subban,Weber come up and play with the Habs. The problem in terms of management is that we waste the talent that they have by making Patches or DD play on the 3rd or 4th line and now just now are we realizing that that isn't a good way to develop a young offensive player. And JM keeps on thinking that it is a good idea to keep Picard in and sit Weber when Picard isn't going to be back with the Habs next year and Weber is not certainly going to play a #5-6 D man role in the future.
Okay, so let me ask you.

If you are coaching a team and you have a skilled offensive player who constantly misses the coaching assignments you give him, and constantly messes up his defensive assignments, to the point where he is outright not doing what he's expected, but he's a skilled player and considered a player to your future, do you ignore that stuff and still play him?

That's what the Sergei Kostitsyn situation was.

I prefer a coach to consider team needs NOW instead of in the future. I don't want to sit around and wait for Sergei Kostitsyn to become a better all-around player. If he's not going to listen, he doesn't belong on THE TEAM. There's a reason why a sophomore like Tom Pyatt sticks around. He listens to the coach. He does everything asked of him. Until you buy into the team, you stay on the fringe.

Old
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
are we honestly complaining about d'agostini and SK? Dagger sucked sorry, hes only putting up points because of st louis' injuries so hes playing on the first line. SK dug his own grave here, nothing habs could have done, the guy was sent down and he threatened to go to the Khl. Laps wanted out. Only trade I don't like is OB trade but they got a nice prospect back. Other than that I see some scraps and spare parts. Robidas was a while ago can't blame it on this regime. Ribs, well he looked great the first year but has slowed down and again last year his work ethic was taken into question. This happens to every team people. Detroit Gave away Ville Leino to philly last year.
D'Ago still ends up playing a whole lot of 14-15 minutes a game....not what you'd expect from a 1st liner. And in the end, if he succeeds playing in the 1st line like you are saying, well with the return of Oshie, Perron and McDonald, chances are that he could get a sniff of the 2nd line. So he still could have those stats.

SK digging his own grave doing what....You mean that the reports we laughed at when it happened were finally true? How do you know that? And he threatened to go to the KHL? Where the heck do you take this from? Again, it's just laughable how every report pre-trade is always stupid and untrue and suddenly all the reports post-trade are suddenly true...He made 1 mistake. Not wanting to report. But he felt he got screwed in the process and was mad about it. And frankly he is proving how wrong we were like he knew we were. Strangely, when he decided to go, Boucher had no problems with him. SKost by himself asked Boucher to look at some videos to see the areas to improve....clealry not what a "cancer" or a "grave digger" would do....Habs couldn't do nothing? Strangely, there's a lot of posters here who mentions who tough it is to play in this terrible city.....So how about a little acknowledgment by this great org. and surround them better?

Oh and Ribeiro is suppose to have a work ethic problem....says who? And even if it would be true, you know that Price had a terrible attitude and work ethic also? You know that some are starting to mention that Cammy is not a great team player....you know that some mention that AKost is a lazy player with a terrible work ethic and do I need to go on? So what do we do? Not work with them and ship them all out, and get close to nothing each and every team? How the heck are you suppose to be able to build a team if you continuously do that?

Oh and it happens to every team??? You mean that many players? And you're mentioning Detroit on top of that, but you know what Detroit has we don't in the past 17 years? 4 Cups, 2 Lost in Finals and TREMENDOUS regular seasons which was really fun to watch. Please don't compare them to us. Even if they lose a couple of guys in the process, they are still on top of the league and they have the history they don't that makes up for it. Detroit has 10 more points than us as we speak. The only reason why we battle for the top spot in our division is because of how weak it is. Take the points we have, note that we play in the Eastern conf, acknowledge how weak it is compared to the other especially this year, and understand that we are far from being Detroit even if they ended up losing Leino.....

If in the end, we end up a better team by any types of miracles, whatever we're losing, well it would still suck but not as much. But when you're continuously a bubble team, any losses are important ones. But hey, I guess it helps to compare ourselves to the worst....I keep reading that it could be worst, we could be the Leafs....how reassuring....

Old
01-09-2011, 12:04 PM
BigHabs

Why do you have to refer to the past, why can you not focus on the team now.

The whole thing with Ribiero and Robidas and such.

The way I look at it, if we kept players like we had, it would effected the way we drafted. Who knows we might not have Subban now, or Plekanec. Who knows.

We just keep moving forward and not worry about the past and look forward with what we got, which by the way IMO is a hard working team. They are getting rid of dead weight in Montreal.

Lapierre - Did squat really when he was here. He had one productive season, of 28 points where, alot thought he was turning a corner and going to be a really good player. Next season he fell flat. This season was not all the good. He tooking boxing lessons, but didn't help really all that much. The one thing he had was a shoot mentality but, with open wingers he didn't pass much and shot either wide or right at the goalie. He just wasn't helping the team any more, why not give a shot to an up and comer who could put up production and play a sound game.

Latendresse - He look like he was going to be an answer to our big body who goes to the net and be a big 1st or 2nd line powerforward. He later complained not enough ice time and not given a chance. He was given his chance, played with with Koivu several times and couldn't do much. He then guys were brought in and basically sealed his fate, as they were capable of producing and he was demoted and scratched as well. We had a solution in Pouliot and he seems to be hitting his groove again and this is with 3rd line mintues and he is taking advantage something Latendresse never really did. He is thriving in Minnesota yes, and wish him all the best. Just you got to remember it wasn't working here. He got a new chance at hockey life and it probably rejuvanated him. I don't know, but it wasn't working here.

S.Kostitsyn - He was a distraction here simple as that. He is gifted don't get me wrong, but he just paraded around like he was suppose to be a top line player, with not even contributing. He was calling out the organization and the coaching. With S.Kostitsyn in the lineup we played decent. Our team now is playing good as well. IMO I don't even miss the guy. He wasn't much of a threat in Montreal. Again wish him luck even though he ran his mouth. He has a new shot and he is taking it. His brother seems to be playing better without distractions and he is very physical this year.

Grabovski - things between him and the Kostitsyn's specifically Sergei didn't help in the lockerroom, you seen things boil over the next season when Montreal saw Toronto in the opening game going after each other and such. Andrei Kostitsyn even though it wasn't his bad blood it was Sergei's he stuck up for him. Things have been patched up, since then.

Ribiero - He was young and was a hotdog when he was here. He said it himself that when he was in Montreal he was just a nieve boy and Dallas over time turned him into a man and was a better hockey player. Again wasn't happening in Montreal.

O'Byrne - He was not getting much ice time, I think it was a bad decision overall to trade him especially with our defensive injuries right now. I think Martin should of played him more than he did. He is a big upgrade over Picard.

All in all, we are not the only team in the NHL who has this happen to them. Look at Luongo, Spezza, Chara. Like come on. The players we dealt either were not getting it together and Montreal or were a distraction. I know some deals look bad now because of how some of the players might be thriving. But if that was the case no one would trade in the NHL anymore.

You can look at these deals and get made or just look forward and at the team we have. I honestly think our team is coming along and is a hard working team. Gauthier is now taking out the trash and bringing in some hard working talent.

He might be getting prospects, but you look at our team from top to bottom and they all play very hard. I wouldn't change that IMO, only if we were bringing in the same type of hard working players and keep our chemistry good. Our team IMO has not looked this good or like a contender in a long while. Until that overhaul and we are built very good and are looking to contend for more years to come. The deals are fine right now, the only one I look back at recently was the O'Byrne trade, but because we are getting the injury bug on the backend. Not because of the trade its self, just because of our situation right now.

Old
01-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
D'Ago still ends up playing a whole lot of 14-15 minutes a game....not what you'd expect from a 1st liner. And in the end, if he succeeds playing in the 1st line like you are saying, well with the return of Oshie, Perron and McDonald, chances are that he could get a sniff of the 2nd line. So he still could have those stats.

SK digging his own grave doing what....You mean that the reports we laughed at when it happened were finally true? How do you know that? And he threatened to go to the KHL? Where the heck do you take this from? Again, it's just laughable how every report pre-trade is always stupid and untrue and suddenly all the reports post-trade are suddenly true...He made 1 mistake. Not wanting to report. But he felt he got screwed in the process and was mad about it. And frankly he is proving how wrong we were like he knew we were. Strangely, when he decided to go, Boucher had no problems with him. SKost by himself asked Boucher to look at some videos to see the areas to improve....clealry not what a "cancer" or a "grave digger" would do....Habs couldn't do nothing? Strangely, there's a lot of posters here who mentions who tough it is to play in this terrible city.....So how about a little acknowledgment by this great org. and surround them better?

Oh and Ribeiro is suppose to have a work ethic problem....says who? And even if it would be true, you know that Price had a terrible attitude and work ethic also? You know that some are starting to mention that Cammy is not a great team player....you know that some mention that AKost is a lazy player with a terrible work ethic and do I need to go on? So what do we do? Not work with them and ship them all out, and get close to nothing each and every team? How the heck are you suppose to be able to build a team if you continuously do that?

Oh and it happens to every team??? You mean that many players? And you're mentioning Detroit on top of that, but you know what Detroit has we don't in the past 17 years? 4 Cups, 2 Lost in Finals and TREMENDOUS regular seasons which was really fun to watch. Please don't compare them to us. Even if they lose a couple of guys in the process, they are still on top of the league and they have the history they don't that makes up for it. Detroit has 10 more points than us as we speak. The only reason why we battle for the top spot in our division is because of how weak it is. Take the points we have, note that we play in the Eastern conf, acknowledge how weak it is compared to the other especially this year, and understand that we are far from being Detroit even if they ended up losing Leino.....

If in the end, we end up a better team by any types of miracles, whatever we're losing, well it would still suck but not as much. But when you're continuously a bubble team, any losses are important ones. But hey, I guess it helps to compare ourselves to the worst....I keep reading that it could be worst, we could be the Leafs....how reassuring....

I agree with everything you said except that I think that we are a good team.

It's pretty clear to me that Gauthier and Martin have a idea of what their team should be and if you don't fit in this picture you have to change or you're gone. No matter what style of player you are or how talented you are if you can't play your role in the system you're gone. That's a big gamble to take and I'm not sure anymore if we can win under these two guys.

Forget about star UFA with this mentality no one will want to sign here. You will have to overpiad them and we cannot affort that. We can only hope that our young players will follow the lead and become what they want them to be. In AK case is already to late IMO he's gone before the year end , will see what will happen with Eller,Subban ,pacs and Pouliot but don't be surprise if they take the same route as Lats,Sergei,D'ags....

When they said we want to change the culture of the team it was exactly what they mean. Play the way we want you to play if you can't do it you're out

Old
01-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Okay, so let me ask you.

If you are coaching a team and you have a skilled offensive player who constantly misses the coaching assignments you give him, and constantly messes up his defensive assignments, to the point where he is outright not doing what he's expected, but he's a skilled player and considered a player to your future, do you ignore that stuff and still play him?

That's what the Sergei Kostitsyn situation was.

I prefer a coach to consider team needs NOW instead of in the future. I don't want to sit around and wait for Sergei Kostitsyn to become a better all-around player. If he's not going to listen, he doesn't belong on THE TEAM. There's a reason why a sophomore like Tom Pyatt sticks around. He listens to the coach. He does everything asked of him. Until you buy into the team, you stay on the fringe.
Sorry, but every guy that left, at one point, said how misused they were. Or even if you prefer to think that they were ALL missing their acknowledgment, if it happens to 1 guy or 2, I'd say fine. But more than that and I'll start questioning the guy who's in charge of making those assignments...

By Dany Dubé, not me, a respectful journalist who will only talk badly about a Habs almost if he's force to..... mentioned how Carey Price had a stupid attitude and had an incredibly poor work ethic to a point that they had to figure out that a change of goalie coach was necessary....to get who actually? Pierre Groulx. A coach who, from Craig Anderson himself, who Groulx coaches, was more working you mentally than technically. So for Price, a change of mentality was offered. A change of scenery WITHIN the team. A change of approach to make him work better and to our advantage. Well while it's not possible to change Martin, well maybe a little acknowledgment of each and every one personnality and adapt to it. Something we are told that Martin DOESN'T DO. Does Muller do it? I guess he tries his best but clearly it doesn't work when most guys leaving are still in doubt of what their role were, of what they should or shouldn't be doing. And the ones who are following it, well are all BEHIND their personal stats except 1 guy....Andrei Kostitsyn. A guy so appreciated that his coach told the whole press that he was playing great due to his contract year....I could tell you that if L'Antichambre would have mentioned something like that, you would have read a whole lot of posts about how stupid that TV show was...

But Martin is the coach he can do whatever he wants. Can't wait to see what the future will look like when he leaves. We might be pleasantly surprised, we will see. I just don't think we will. 'Cause we already got rid of what was not so long a few of our bright lights.

Old
01-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry, but every guy that left, at one point, said how misused they were. Or even if you prefer to think that they were ALL missing their acknowledgment, if it happens to 1 guy or 2, I'd say fine. But more than that and I'll start questioning the guy who's in charge of making those assignments...

By Dany Dubé, not me, a respectful journalist who will only talk badly about a Habs almost if he's force to..... mentioned how Carey Price had a stupid attitude and had an incredibly poor work ethic to a point that they had to figure out that a change of goalie coach was necessary....to get who actually? Pierre Groulx. A coach who, from Craig Anderson himself, who Groulx coaches, was more working you mentally than technically. So for Price, a change of mentality was offered. A change of scenery WITHIN the team. A change of approach to make him work better and to our advantage. Well while it's not possible to change Martin, well maybe a little acknowledgment of each and every one personnality and adapt to it. Something we are told that Martin DOESN'T DO. Does Muller do it? I guess he tries his best but clearly it doesn't work when most guys leaving are still in doubt of what their role were, of what they should or shouldn't be doing. And the ones who are following it, well are all BEHIND their personal stats except 1 guy....Andrei Kostitsyn. A guy so appreciated that his coach told the whole press that he was playing great due to his contract year....I could tell you that if L'Antichambre would have mentioned something like that, you would have read a whole lot of posts about how stupid that TV show was...

But Martin is the coach he can do whatever he wants. Can't wait to see what the future will look like when he leaves. We might be pleasantly surprised, we will see. I just don't think we will. 'Cause we already got rid of what was not so long a few of our bright lights.

Groulx had little to do with the change in Price. The big transformation happed when halak took the #1 job late last year and in the playoffs. The goalie coach can talk till he is blue in the face, but the work has to come from the player.

SK got tons of opportunities here and did not take his job seriously enough, maybe a trade to nashville made things "click" but he had little to no value on the market last summer...PG can't force other teams to over pay for a problem child.

Old
01-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Habitants

Quote:
"Bust" draft picks and who they missed soon after:
A.Kostitsyn (10th) over J.Carter (11th)
Chipchura (18th) over Zajac (20th)
D.Fischer (20th) over C.Giroux (22nd)
i always love this,

what about every other team that picked before or after MTL, are they just as dumb for not picking these guys

what about the sens who drafted Daigle first overall?

Patick stefan?

Tavares over Duchene?

Datsuk 6th round? = every other team in the league is dumb?

Zetterberg 7th round?? = how can nobody else get him before that?

arguing over draft picks is pretty ludacris. it is not a science. there is no way to know how a player will turn out, anything can happen.

u want to argue dumb trades? talk about

Eric lindros
Luongo to FLA
patrick Roy, ill give you that one lol

bringing up all this BS is kinda a waste of time..the whole 'what if'

the truth is most of the stuff is totaly unpredictable, and im sure there are many more details to some of these stories that you are not aware of as a fan.

Managing players and a team in real life's multi million dollar markets is not that same as playing EA NHL

Old
01-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Plante

Grabs / Im sorry but to think he'd be doing nearly as well in Monty as he would in T.O... while thats just silly. If I have to explain why then you've never actually played any form of pro hockey.

Ribs / Just super glad this embarrassment of a human isn't on our roster anymore. He stained the CH.

Skost / Mixed feelings, wish the organization held onto him.

Lats / The francophone community can shoulder the blame here, there was enough drama following this guy to make a soap opera after.

Laps / He wanted out.

Ob / He scored on our net, but he's big. And in return we got a decent prospect in return. 50/50 here.

Old
01-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Clumsyhab

I just can't believe that on CKAC, their big story about Jan 22 game is the comeback of Max Lapierre. They mentioned a little bit about Koivu comeback but they think that laps might overshadow Koivu. I can't believe that a 4th liner French Canadian will get more attention than a former 10 year Habs captain.

Old
01-09-2011, 01:06 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Why do you have to refer to the past, why can you not focus on the team now.
Maybe if this organization referred to the past they wouldn't continue to make the same mistakes.

"Oh, we don't need D'Agostini"
"Oh, we don't need Grabovsky"
"Oh, we don't need Sergei"
"Oh, we don't need O'Byrne"

Hello? We can't generate any offense! put D'Ago, Grabo and Sergei on the roster and their goals and point totals would put them in the top 5 in every offensive category.

Hindsight is 20/20... But you can't deny that the Habs have problems developing players.

We've seen how Martin essentially tried to break Subban and put a leash on him. We also saw how he paired him with an AHLer and then blamed the teams woes on him. Funny how when he plays with Hamr and Gill, he's a completely diff player. Took the coach half a season to realize that. Patches completely lost his confidence, again cuz of questionable coaching decisions. And now we have the latest project...Lars Eller who has a couple points more than he had with the Blues but in 4x as many games. Player development is a big issue here...just look at the roster. LOL.

Now if "pressure" is such an issue, why don't the Habs do something about it? Why do the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Cowboys, Lakers etc... not have as many issues with young players as the Habs? And don't even tell me Hab players deal with more pressure.

Excuse after excuse after excuse. You don't get tired of always finding ways to defend the team when they're clearly in the wrong?

Old
01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
Grabs / Im sorry but to think he'd be doing nearly as well in Monty as he would in T.O... while thats just silly. If I have to explain why then you've never actually played any form of pro hockey.

Ribs / Just super glad this embarrassment of a human isn't on our roster anymore. He stained the CH.

Skost / Mixed feelings, wish the organization held onto him.

Lats / The francophone community can shoulder the blame here, there was enough drama following this guy to make a soap opera after.

Laps / He wanted out.

Ob / He scored on our net, but he's big. And in return we got a decent prospect in return. 50/50 here.
I would take those six back in a heartbeat (maybe not SK) instead of having A.K., Gomez, Moen, Pyatt, Spacek and Desharnais or Eller.

Closed Thread