HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals and Cincinnati Cyclones Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2011, 02:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Without seeing the Cyclones play, their stats suck. .904 is their leading sv%, 2.96 gaa leads the team ... neither is Pickard. I wouldn't label him a bust yet, but, he isn't on the glide path to superstardom either.

Old
01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

And Lundmark is gone.

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2011/0...k-leaves-team/

Old
01-08-2011, 09:50 PM
token grinder

guess this is why AT got the call, eh?

Old
01-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

guess this is why AT got the call, eh?
No, I believe Thuresson was recalled prior to Jamie Lundmark leaving the team. Thuresson was in San Jose this morning, he was recalled last night despite the announcement not coming out until this afternoon...

Old
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
glenngineer

Seth, saw this comment you made at the Ads boards.

"Disappointed, but I had backed off the recall of Lundmark over the past month due to his inconsistent results."

Really? You backed off over the past month? Weren't we just arguing about this lately? LOL.

I know you were high on Lundmark but I have a funny feeling there was something to all of this and him not being recalled. Not really sure obviously but his results weren't that great and there may have been some other stuff as well. Good luck to him overseas.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Seth, saw this comment you made at the Ads boards.

"Disappointed, but I had backed off the recall of Lundmark over the past month due to his inconsistent results."

Really? You backed off over the past month? Weren't we just arguing about this lately? LOL.

I know you were high on Lundmark but I have a funny feeling there was something to all of this and him not being recalled. Not really sure obviously but his results weren't that great and there may have been some other stuff as well. Good luck to him overseas.
Yeah, actually in the past two weeks especially I have been the voice of reason in regards to Lundmark. The last time I thought he should have been recalled was when Hornqvist went down because Jamie had been scoring by going to the net and scoring in the dirty areas like Patty does, but outside of that it was clear he was not getting the call.

Prior to the West Coast swing, Trotz said if there was a recall it would be Thuresson or Halischuk to replace O'Reilly. I thought that was a clear sign that Lundmark was on the outs...

Old
01-08-2011, 10:37 PM
predfan24

That's crazy, Lambert didn't hold back on his thoughts either. I can't be mad at Lundmark though. At this point he is likely a career AHL'er who gets called up every once in a while. If he can go overseas and make more money I'm not mad at him.

Also, I eat my words on Mueller. Hasn't done anything to wow me but has been solid in his limited ice time which is all I was hoping for.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:44 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Well, this past month was only eight days ago.

Old
01-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Seth Lake

For the record, Jamie approached the Predators prior to Christmas for permission to seek an opportunity overseas. This had nothing to do with others being called up ahead of Lundmark, rather this was a decision based on the needs of his young family and the strain of being apart from them this season.

This was not an easy decision for Jamie, as he is essentially giving up on the dream, but he's spent 10 years chasing that dream and now it's time for him to focus on what's best for his family.

I wish it didn't happen this way, but best wishes to Jamie and his family moving forward.

Old
01-09-2011, 12:18 AM
hattrix40

Lundmark to Sweden

Jamie Lundmark from the Nashville Predators organization. Who has been playing for the Milwaukee Admirals this season is leaving to go play in Sweden.

Link soon to come.

Old
01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

So it seems like Lundmarks new club in Sweden is my local team Timrå (where A.Lindbäck played before he joined Nashville).

I know the name Lundmark but i'm not an avid watcher of NHL so i don't know what kind of player he is even if i know i've probably seen a few games with him in one of the teams (i've been focused on the other team)

Anyways he will probably get to play in one of the first two lines and get alot of icetime in Powerplay (and boxplay if he is any good in that discipline)

Anyhoo can anyone in here give me an overview of the guy, strenths/weaknesses ?

The thing i've heard is that he is one of those guys that really belongs in the first two lines of a team but isn't quite good enough for that role in the NHL but at the same time is too good for the AHL. Sounds like a good fit for SEL to me (which firmly resides somewhere in the middle strength-wise between the AHL and the NHL).

Old
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-nix View Post
So it seems like Lundmarks new club in Sweden is my local team Timrå (where A.Lindbäck played before he joined Nashville).

I know the name Lundmark but i'm not an avid watcher of NHL so i don't know what kind of player he is even if i know i've probably seen a few games with him in one of the teams (i've been focused on the other team)

Anyways he will probably get to play in one of the first two lines and get alot of icetime in Powerplay (and boxplay if he is any good in that discipline)

Anyhoo can anyone in here give me an overview of the guy, strenths/weaknesses ?

The thing i've heard is that he is one of those guys that really belongs in the first two lines of a team but isn't quite good enough for that role in the NHL but at the same time is too good for the AHL. Sounds like a good fit for SEL to me (which firmly resides somewhere in the middle strength-wise between the AHL and the NHL).
easiest way to sum it up: grinder

Old
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Ok, can anyone give me a more in-depth description of the guy?

Old
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-nix View Post
Ok, can anyone give me a more in-depth description of the guy?
Grinder is not even close.

Lundmark is a two-way top 9 forward that doesn't necessarily lead the offense, but has a complimentary skill set that elevates the games of his linemates and creates offense in that fashion. Lundmark is a hard working forward that can play on the power play and has experience playing all three forward positions.

Jamie is an above average skater and has above average skills. He scores the majority of his points by going to the net and winning battles in the hard areas. He just never found a role in the NHL where he could stick long term and has now moved on.

I expect Lundmark to be very motivated in Sweden having his family with him once again and looking to embark on the next stage of his career making a living playing overseas.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:30 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

Lundmark is a two-way top 9 forward that doesn't necessarily lead the offense, but has a complimentary skill set that elevates the games of his linemates and creates offense in that fashion. Lundmark is a hard working forward that can play on the power play and has experience playing all three forward positions.

Jamie is an above average skater and has above average skills. He scores the majority of his points by going to the net and winning battles in the hard areas. He just never found a role in the NHL where he could stick long term and has now moved on.

I expect Lundmark to be very motivated in Sweden having his family with him once again and looking to embark on the next stage of his career making a living playing overseas.
Sounds interesting for sure. Thanks for the information.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:01 PM
token grinder

Quote:

two-way top 9 forward .

is a hard working forward that can play on the power play and has experience playing all three forward positions.

Jamie is an above average skater and has above average skills. He scores the majority of his points by going to the net and winning battles in the hard areas. .
all you needed was his name to be jerred, not jaime...

sounds like a grinder to me

Old
01-10-2011, 03:44 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

Jamie is an above average skater and has above average skills. He scores the majority of his points by going to the net and winning battles in the hard areas.
So that would make him... a grinder.

Old
01-11-2011, 02:55 AM
swissexpert

Can anyone who watches the Admirals regularly please tell me how Roman Josi is doing?
I'm very high on him, I see him on the same level as Sbisa in top end talent, with more offensive upside.
All I see is that he shoots a lot but managed to score only one goal, which is very disappointing considering his accurate blue line shot...
14 Points in 33 games isn't too much either, but I'm sure he'll turn around.
What pairing is he playing on? Does he get much PP time?
Thank you!

Old
01-14-2011, 09:15 PM
adsfan

Josi advances the puck through the neutral zone quite well. Solid defenseman, he plays hard every game. He doesn't get shots from good angles as often as he should. I have seen him play with Jon Blum. He does get some PP time. Milwaukee uses two PP teams for about a minute each, so four D-men usually play on a minor penalty. Scoring 14 points in 33 games is good for an AHL rookie.

The typical AHL game has a score like 4-2 or 3-1, not 8-5, so scoring chances are not plentiful. There are several goalies with 90+% save averages, so Josi shots are being caught. He does have a heavy shot from the point. You are very welcome!

Old
01-22-2011, 11:55 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The Ads lost 2-1 in the shootout, but, look at the difference between the zamboni paths on each end of the ice.

All of the Stars shooters went wide and took advantage of the additionally swept area. Hmmmmm.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Seth Lake

Tell me about my current favorite prospect in Milwaukee...Roman Josi.

Heard he scored his third goal in as many games tonight...

Old
01-23-2011, 12:03 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Tell me about my current favorite prospect in Milwaukee...Roman Josi.

Heard he scored his third goal in as many games tonight...
Patience. I just got home from the game and I'm still a bit upset about the bs zamboni work.

Old
01-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Patience. I just got home from the game and I'm still a bit upset about the bs zamboni work.
Didn't mean to imply there was any rush. I'm just excited about the progress Josi appears to be making recently.

I'm sure your intel will be more than enough...

Old
01-23-2011, 12:31 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I to have been wondering about Josi, I always knew he was a OFD back in the SEL and heard that he had a good shot and last I checked he had only 1 goal. But I also remember him having a good bunch of assists, its good to hear hes scoring! Probably finally adjusting to the NA game? Im guessing we see him before Blum

Old
01-23-2011, 12:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Josi and Blum played on separate pairings for most of the night at ES. The Ads skated 7 d-men (Ford, Palin, Josi, Blum, Johnson, Laakso, Lewis) so things shifted around during the game. A lot of Blum/Laakso.

Josi is definitely gaining more confidence in his game. Good puck movement, smart pinching, shot selection was about 50/50 with some attempts simply being putting the puck on net from anywhere. His goal was setup by a great pass from Blum across the crease from their left to right where Josi was in the low slot all by himself. Bachman was unable to get across and make the play. He's developing into a quality puck moving d-man on NA ice.

Blum is putting some weight on and playing well. Other than the assist, he had several passes through the Texas defense that I'm still not sure how they got through. His shots from the point tend to be just a couple inches off the ice and accurate ... getting through a lot of traffic and generating rebounds from heavy impact on the goalie's pads. He's willing to grab and tug on forwards around the crease after the whistle .. including hugging and trying to pull Luke Gazdic from the crease tonight. Luckily Gazdic didn't pummel Blum because that would be quick and bloody. Blum is playing smart hockey ... he ended up on his butt sliding down the ice, but, had position. Rather than doing something stupid, he kept the puck between his legs and stayed down with the Star behind him until help arrived. Just one of those plays where you realize afterward that if he tries to get up the Star gets the puck and has a clear path to Smith.

The one goal they allowed was due to allowing Rallo to get open down low. I didn't watch the highlights on the tron during intermission and didn't catch who blew the coverage live.

They are both quality AHL d-men. Not superstars, but developing nicely. They could probably handle limited 3rd line time for the big club as long as they are protected with matchups and have a solid vet to anchor the pairing.

Begin left the game during the second period after a collision near the blueline. Lower body ... I'm guessing knee.

Klasen with an open net to give the Ads a 2-1 lead in the 3rd but caught the pipe with a shot from a tough angle. I didn't hear a clang and hoped it went in and out, but the rebound out was the wrong direction for my hopes to be true.

Thuresson with a few good shifts. Geoffrion was ok, but a bit inconsistent tonight. Thang fell during the pregame skate which was an indicator of his night.

Smith was fairly solid in net. A lot of scrambling around the net ... pinned a Star to the boards in the 1st (far end of the ice, couldn't read the number) ... hell, he held the Stars to one goal in regulation and OT.

The difference in the zamboni sweep still has me upset.

More later when I get some sleep.

Closed Thread