HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jackets waive Commodore (Update: Clears Re-Entry)

Old
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Csonked Out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
I hate commodore, I am so happy he is not in the NHL now, I really hate the guy and everything he is for.

He's not a team player

He is not worth the cap hit
He is not worth the re-entry cap hit
he doesnt do enough things effectively to belong in a lot of teams top 4, and yet he's paid as a top 2.

If Toronto touched him, I'd be pissed
How the hell do you know if he's a team player or not? You can say he is over paid and not living up to his contract and all of that, but this is one thing that is just a flat out lie. He was a fan favorite and his teamates loved him and college and in Carolina as well. The Bluejackets have already said that he has handled all of this very professionally, so don't say all this crap about a player as truth if you have no proof to back it up. IMHO he is the type of guy that brings a locker room together, his personality is very similar to that of Matt Greene.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:29 AM
MerryJ99

So does Columbus but him on re-entry or do they keep him in Springfield for the rest of the year?

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Actually, Arniel was quoted in the Dispatch this morning, saying it's not personal and has everything to do with skill.

Commodore may be a good guy in the room and people like him, but face he's pretty dreadful on a dreadful defensive team. I'd like to see if anyone would take Anton Stralman. His play has been cringe worthy.
I read that differently.

Quote:
"I don't have him in our top six," Arniel said. "He feels he should be, which is why he asked for the trade. I understand that. This isn't personal. This has to do with hockey skills. How you play the game, how you are with your teammates, how you work off the ice. It's not personal. He's just not in our top six."
I suspect Commie may been a bad influence on some of the younger players and negatively impacted their work ethic off the ice. CBJ fans don't have to think too hard about who the player(s) might be. He may be a good drinking buddy, which makes him popular with some of the team, but is he a good example? I suspect Coach Arniel doesn't think so.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:53 PM
kellymiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
How the hell do you know if he's a team player or not? You can say he is over paid and not living up to his contract and all of that, but this is one thing that is just a flat out lie. He was a fan favorite and his teamates loved him and college and in Carolina as well. The Bluejackets have already said that he has handled all of this very professionally, so don't say all this crap about a player as truth if you have no proof to back it up. IMHO he is the type of guy that brings a locker room together, his personality is very similar to that of Matt Greene.
Nope.

Widely speculated that he had a negative influence on the youngsters, both in terms of work ethic and approach.

kellymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
So does Columbus but him on re-entry or do they keep him in Springfield for the rest of the year?
Springfield? I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned to another AHL team. Springfield's blueline is already overstocked with CBJ prospects.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellymiller View Post
Nope.

Widely speculated that he had a negative influence on the youngsters, both in terms of work ethic and approach.
That right there is the key word my friend, speculation and fact are 2 very different things. I've known the man and dozens of his teammates for well over a decade now and I can vouch that it is just not the case.

Old
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
foshizzle11

Quote:
That right there is the key word my friend, speculation and fact are 2 very different things. I've known the man and dozens of his teammates for well over a decade now and I can vouch that it is just not the case.
well your opinion and those who like/liked the guy are quite different. He may have had a bad influence on a select few, well if those select few were/are important to the future of the club, then yes, he could be seen as a detriment at this point in time with CLB. but who really knows the real truth of being unhappy. could be many things.

foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Commodore on re-entry waivers, according to the Columbus Dispatch's Aaron Portzline: www.twitter.com/aportzline

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
Commodore on re-entry waivers, according to the Columbus Dispatch's Aaron Portzline: www.twitter.com/aportzline
I would imagine Edmonton, NYR, and Dallas would all be interested in him at half price.

Old
01-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
I would imagine Edmonton, NYR, and Dallas would all be interested in him at half price.
nah Rangers don't want more cash on the books for next yr. Even at half the price I doubt he gets picked up.

Rolston for Commodore makes some sense here

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
nah Rangers don't want more cash on the books for next yr. Even at half the price I doubt he gets picked up.

Rolston for Commodore makes some sense here
I actually could see that working as the Devils have the first chance to claim him. That would wipe over $3 million off the books for next year and we could then trade Salvador and or White to wipe another $3-$6 million off the books. That would create a lot of cap space and we would have a shut down, physical defender for a cap hit of under $2 million for the next 3 years.

Old
01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
crashthenet

Rolston is destined to be bought out.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Rather surprising that they're willing to eat some of his money.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:15 PM
airlouche

Montreal should claim him. At half salary, I think it's ok.

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Come on Anaheim...

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:29 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Come on Anaheim...
Exactly what I was thinking

Worried about his contract though, but I guess 3.75 isn't that much and if he fluffs out we can just bury him in the minors.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:36 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
I think the Ducks could do something.
Think we should take a shot at him at $1.875 million a season over the next 2 seasons?
I think we should do this...
Claim Mike
Trade Sutton and a draft pick for a prospect or a draft pick
Something like...
To Islanders:
Sutton
2011 3rd round pick

To Anaheim
2011 3rd round pick
2012 5th round pick

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by *********** View Post
Rolston is destined to be bought out.
That is irrelevant to his cap hit. He was 35+ was he signed with the Devils, so the Devils have to take his full cap hit.

No 35+ player has ever been bought out, so not sure how the NHL would do it if the Devils tried anyways. Currently, the buyout is 2/3 of the salary and 1/3 of the cap hit can be taken over 2 times the remaining term of the deal.

Again, for a 35+ player, teams are required to take a full cap hit regardless of what happens to the player, even if Rolston retires in the off-season, the Devils eat the $5 million salary cap hit next year.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:40 PM
NJDFan4Life

i think NJ should consider grabbing him at half price

NJDFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Please Rutherford, DO NOT bring him back!

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Hip Of Rick

Everyone always brings up the Isles in these threads and I heavily doubt they bite. If he is a bad influence on younger players, he would be the last guy the Isles need

Hip Of Rick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:54 PM
thatshype

Just thought I'd mention that in my latest season of NHL 11 for PS3, the Blue Jackets won the 10/11 Stanley Cup, and Commodore won the Norris Trophy

thatshype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:57 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Why do people automatically assume the Rangers want terrible, old, slow, past-their-prime defenseman? Why? Our D is perfectly fine the way it is.

01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
OvenChicken8

If Edmonton puts a claim in for him look for Vandermeer to be moved or placed on waivers quickly

OvenChicken8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
That is irrelevant to his cap hit. He was 35+ was he signed with the Devils, so the Devils have to take his full cap hit.

No 35+ player has ever been bought out, so not sure how the NHL would do it if the Devils tried anyways. Currently, the buyout is 2/3 of the salary and 1/3 of the cap hit can be taken over 2 times the remaining term of the deal.

Again, for a 35+ player, teams are required to take a full cap hit regardless of what happens to the player, even if Rolston retires in the off-season, the Devils eat the $5 million salary cap hit next year.

Rod Brind'Amour was bought out after he signed a 4 year contract at age 35. He was 39 years old if I am not mistaken.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote