Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder doesn't get benched

Old
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
bussalo

vCash: 500
Ryder doesn't get benched

so let's see Savard get's benched in Minnesota game for a turn-over, but Ryder lazily sticks his stick and knee into the Canadien defenceman bringing puck out of his owner zone and after that it was all downhill from there, and yet he's not bencehd ?

bussalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussalo View Post
so let's see Savard get's benched in Minnesota game for a turn-over, but Ryder lazily sticks his stick and knee into the Canadien defenceman bringing puck out of his owner zone and after that it was all downhill from there, and yet he's not bencehd ?
Preaching to the choir...

We all know Julien gives Ryder an extended rope and then some.

That said, I don't single handedly blame Ryder... and he didn't play particularly bad yesterday outside of that play. Although the day he is off of this team, can't come any sooner.

Last edited by WhalerTurnedBruin55: 01-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:20 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Preaching to the choir...

We all know Julien gives Ryder and extended rope and then some.

That said, I don't single handedly blame Ryder... and he didn't play particularly bad yesterday outside of that play. Although the day he is off of this team, can't come any sooner.
What Ryder did was total SELFISH.Last nite there were 4 culprits.Ryder,Claude Julian(4th line on ice in last min lol,,) ,Thomas (2 bad bad goals for sure he let in)and Wheeler(bad penalty killed team in OT).Krecji stunk too but least he never took lazy penalties,he was just lazy .;lol,,,

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Dave Lewis had Mark Mowers. So Claude Julien has Michael Ryder.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:31 PM
ostiguy

Eighteen.

This is the number of shots the Habs had in the third period. Feel free to complain about Ryder's penalty, but realize your voice is drowned out by the jet engine that is the Julien prevent defense, where leads go to die.

ostiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
fin8

Ryder was a problem, but he was the least of their problem in this game.What about Thomas? He let in 3 soft goals IMO.Thats been the story for Thomas his whole career with the Bruins.Shines all year, but when you need those timely saves in BIG games, he never seems to step it up from what i've seen.

fin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Ratty

Where are all his supporters who only recently were calling for an extension on his contract?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Cid

1. It was a clear dive by the Canadiens player.

2. In addition - the goal was clearly a softie let in by Thomas. Weak 5 hole shot that looked like a rock in curling being swept ever so slowly into the net.

3. The tieing goal game from a bone-headed icing by Chara.

4. Claude Julien was the idiot who had the 4th line out there with under a minute to go.

5. Wheeler's penalty in OT was far worse than Ryder's.

There is a lot of blame to go around. And I'd start with the coach. he needs to man up and take the responsibility for yet another epic bruin's collapse.

NO Ryder should NOT be benched.

Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Strange Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post

2. In addition - the goal was clearly a softie let in by Thomas. Weak 5 hole shot that looked like a rock in curling being swept ever so slowly into the net.

4. Claude Julien was the idiot who had the 4th line out there with under a minute to go.

There is a lot of blame to go around. And I'd start with the coach. he needs to man up and take the responsibility for yet another epic bruin's collapse.

1) yes, the Wiz sold it well but Ryder was standing and reached out and why not take advantage of this opportunity while it presents itself....

2) TT was sharp all night until this moment and it was the wrong time to pick a weak moment too.

3) Chara had options and certainly picked the wrong one.

4) Mtl called a time out and the line the B's had on prior to this time out had to stay on the ice.

5) Wheeler did the unthinkable after seeing what Ryder put them through just minutes prior.

Yes, the coach CJ needs to man up and I will go one step further, he should resign....

Strange Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Where are all his supporters who only recently were calling for an extension on his contract?
Still here.

This might be a surprise to you, bu one play doesnt define a player.

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post

Although I'm not sure whether Ryder should be benched for this particular play, he is by far Clode's pet. I agree with everything else that you said though. The problems stem from Clode's "system" which I feel is a NON-system. It is chaotic and irrational the way they run around putting out fires on the ice. I don't see a true "system" and Julien is way over-rated. I've lost all faith in him as a coach and the higher ups to take control of this situation and clean it up. Perhaps---it's too big a problem to deal with in the middle of the season but I'm sick of
watching other teams, some of which I've personally (I could be wrong) are not as worthy or as talented as the Bruins go further in the playoffs. The playoffs are a war of attrition, a team has to step up their physical game 100% in a controlled manner to knock out other teams resistance to losing. You have to make it painful to go into the corners and dirty areas so that you gain physical control over the other team. I have not seen this in either of the 2 years of CJ's tenure. I've seen 1st round speed and the talent level showed but the physical players were in some way afraid to over do their "game." System? Naah there is no system just run around, try to shoot it up and out and maybe hit a forward with a pass. The forwards look lost once entering the zone without an immediate idea (like they're overthinking) and 9 times out of 10 they throw away the opportunity. Krejci, (although I'm a huge fan) is caught far too often with his head down and will eventually be concussed if not more if he doesn't make faster plays and make up his mind faster. Other teams are keying on him and rocking him far too often. The rest of the team would need an evalutation far to complex for me to do, but all I see are dumb plays, slow plays and incomplete passing by everyone.

Last edited by Strafer: 01-09-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
Still here.

This might be a surprise to you, bu one play doesnt define a player.
It's amazing to me the preponderance of posters here who seem to be of the impression that the SINGLE MOST RECENT play defines a player.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
It's amazing to me the preponderance of posters here who seem to be of the impression that the SINGLE MOST RECENT play defines a player.

The preponderance of posters here, I would think, take a look at the larger 'body of work' seasonwise. They find that Mr. Ryder, as well as Mr. Wheeler, continually leave them with an unresolved feeling of emptiness within the big picture.

Eennad142 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I don't see a real need to drag Blake Wheeler into this. Sure, he had a terrible play last night (see what I mean about that?) but he's been productive and frankly much improved over last year for most of this year. Since he busted out of his early scoring slump he's actually been producing at a very good pace, analgous to his rookie pace, and he's doing it while playing a somewhat more complete game.

I'm not going to bust myself defending Ryder, who's probably gone next year, only to say that the worst thing you can say about Ryder and be honest and accurate is that he's probably overpaid. He's done good things for this team, and if he was $2.5M sniper rather than a $4M sniper more people would be seeing that.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I don't see a real need to drag Blake Wheeler into this. Sure, he had a terrible play last night (see what I mean about that?) but he's been productive and frankly much improved over last year for most of this year. Since he busted out of his early scoring slump he's actually been producing at a very good pace, analgous to his rookie pace, and he's doing it while playing a somewhat more complete game.
I'm not going to bust myself defending Ryder, who's probably gone next year, only to say that the worst thing you can say about Ryder and be honest and accurate is that he's probably overpaid. He's done good things for this team, and if he was $2.5M sniper rather than a $4M sniper more people would be seeing that.
I had high expectations of Ryder after his first season here, but my hopes have since been dashed. Ryder and Wheeler get mentioned together quite a bit, and couldn't help it. I will revise my statement to say that Wheeler, in the big picture, could be a success story waiting to happen, but he still does seem to take two steps forward and one step back.

Eennad142 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by fin8 View Post
Ryder was a problem, but he was the least of their problem in this game.What about Thomas? He let in 3 soft goals IMO.Thats been the story for Thomas his whole career with the Bruins.Shines all year, but when you need those timely saves in BIG games, he never seems to step it up from what i've seen.
This game was a whole affair. One of those goals hit 3 different players before it went past Thomas.

As for the Ryder penalty, there was a little selling done on James W.'s part to make it 2 minutes each.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
mfurta15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bussalo View Post
I will guarantee this - The Boston Bruins will not win the Stanley Cup with Julien as coach and with Ryder playing a top 9 role.... When those 2 and will also include Ferrence and Paiile, are gone and relpaced with better impact players then I will actually think they have a chance to win....... this team has ZERO chance of winnig, it is that simple , if you really think they have a shot of winning the Staley Cup then you are FOOL...... I have been a fool for the past 30 yrs ,after what I watched last night I am no longer a FOOL

mfurta15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
misterjaggers

Ryder and Wheeler didn't escape Julien's wrath for their dumb penalties. In his post game presser, Julien all but blamed them for the loss.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurta15 View Post
I will guarantee this - The Boston Bruins will not win the Stanley Cup with Julien as coach and with Ryder playing a top 9 role.... When those 2 and will also include Ferrence and Paiile, are gone and relpaced with better impact players then I will actually think they have a chance to win....... this team has ZERO chance of winnig, it is that simple , if you really think they have a shot of winning the Staley Cup then you are FOOL...... I have been a fool for the past 30 yrs ,after what I watched last night I am no longer a FOOL
I will guarantee there is one team in the nhl that won't win a Stanley cup in the next 30 years. See I can make obvious predictions too. If we don't win a cup, the reasoning isn't gonna be because ryder is in our top 9. There are plenty of other reasons.

Old
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
mfurta15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
I will guarantee there is one team in the nhl that won't win a Stanley cup in the next 30 years. See I can make obvious predictions too. If we don't win a cup, the reasoning isn't gonna be because ryder is in our top 9. There are plenty of other reasons.
It take it you do not agree with me, since you are so smart and probably played JV at Whitman Hanson tell me why this team is going to win a cup.

mfurta15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
Ryder and Wheeler didn't escape Julien's wrath for their dumb penalties. In his post game presser, Julien all but blamed them for the loss.
Oh, bull**** !!! You can bet come next time those two will be taking their regular shifts. If it were Seguin that took those penalties, he'd be on the bench so long he'd need tweezers to get the bench splinters out of his butt !!!

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurta15 View Post
It take it you do not agree with me, since you are so smart and probably played JV at Whitman Hanson tell me why this team is going to win a cup.
I never was arguing that the team is going to win the cup......

Old
01-10-2011, 12:11 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
While I agree they were at fault... this whole situation would be a non-issue if the Bruins powerplay wasn't atrocious.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:30 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostiguy View Post

Eighteen.

This is the number of shots the Habs had in the third period. Feel free to complain about Ryder's penalty, but realize your voice is drowned out by the jet engine that is the Julien prevent defense, where leads go to die.
^This.

lextune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
Oh, bull**** !!! You can bet come next time those two will be taking their regular shifts. If it were Seguin that took those penalties, he'd be on the bench so long he'd need tweezers to get the bench splinters out of his butt !!!
No amount of cursing or flailing about changes what Julien said to the press immediately after the loss. To paraphrase him,

Quote:
I thought we played well until we took two bad penalties. You can't take penalties like that in the neutral or offensive zone, especially that late in the game. These were individual mistakes that cost us a hockey game.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote