HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2011, 10:18 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
No you understand it perfectly. Only crazy fanboys will defend that thing. I know I was one of those fanboys.
I understand all of it. And to hit it right back, only crazy fanboys defend the 360. I mean hell, look at the difference in the exclusives this year between the PS3 and 360.

Old
01-09-2011, 10:22 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Started playing Project Blackout. Free to play MMOFPS game. Really, really like it. I've played most good free to play games out there and this has to be my favorite. The gameplay is pretty simple and some might view it as "cheap", but I find it to be a bit nostalgic plus I like simple gameplay. It has a very Quake: Team Arena feel to it.

Plus it's completely free. There's not even advantages that you can buy in a cash shop because there is no cash shop. Completely free, which is something that's hard to find among free to play games, ironically.

The level designs are pretty damn good too. The weapon selection is a bit low, but I prefer it that way. There's a lot of different game modes as well, albeit the fact that only one or two of them are really unique. There's even helicopters in the game (with one game mode revolving completely around them) and bots. Here's some gameplay of it:

http://mmohut.com/review/project-blackout

There's very little I can find wrong with this game. Only thing I can imagine people complaining about is that it's "cheap" or too similar to other shooters. Neither of which is true I think. Then again, I prefer simplistic gameplay.

The system requirements are pretty low and the download isn't big so I honestly can't think of a reason not to try it out at least.

If you decide to try it out my in-game name is WildCard.

heeeeellooooooooooooooooo Counter-Strike

Old
01-09-2011, 10:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
It's been a bit over 10 years since I first played CS. October 2000.

Old
01-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I understand all of it. And to hit it right back, only crazy fanboys defend the 360. I mean hell, look at the difference in the exclusives this year between the PS3 and 360.
To be honest with you my main problem with the PS3 the controller sucks. That's my personal opinion of it. Plus the online experience for the Xbox is way better I will gladly pay for it. Another thing is I enjoy the competition on the Xbox more than I did on the PS3. I play Madden pretty serious every year when it comes out and I am constantly in the top 100 ranked I was 38th this year. Whenever I play people from Xbox in the top 100 I have close games. But when I used to play on PS3 and when I go over somebodys house and play people in the top 100 I beat them by 20+ points using the same plays and teams.
Also again on personal preference because most games I play aren't exclusives with the exception of Gears. The main thing that went into my decision was the comparison of the same game on both systems and the Xbox wins out because of the controller.

Old
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
You almost make it seem like you yourself are not a crazy fanboy.

The Xbox or the Playstation? No one cares. Some people have both, some people pick either one. They each have their pros and cons.

Old
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I dislike the controller of both system, but I do prefer the ps3 one, prolly b/c it's close to the nintendo feel from way back...

Old
01-09-2011, 10:37 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Well the only sports game I play is NHL 11 and I find Madden horrid. Also, when it comes to FPS games, I almost always play them on the PC, but when they are exclusive to the PS3, like Killzone 2/3 or Resistance 1/2/3, I make an exception. But to be honest, there is still one gaming celebrity that needs to die in a ****ing fire, mainly because he's practically showing himself off as being I'm hot ****, you're nothing because you're not as good as me, is Lil' Poison. I would love to: 1, punch the kid in the face, and 2, see how well he does with FPS games on the PC. The kid would be so lost I would laugh my ass off. He even makes people pay him for him to teach you how to be good. My god... I'm so happy the kid is practically forgotten though, even though he does piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
You almost make it seem like you yourself are not a crazy fanboy.

The Xbox or the Playstation? No one cares. Some people have both, some people pick either one. They each have their pros and cons.
I am a PS fan. Same with Nintendo (even though I really don't play my Wii much). I've also met too many 360 fans that pissed me off. As in this one kid that would literally own every special version of the 360 if he could, keep one for himself and let his friends play the other ones and pretty much flat out say that every other console sucks (not even just this gen, I mean previous ones, including the PS2). He's just some rich spoiled ********** of a kid that can't keep his ****ing mouth shut. He also had no respect for PC gamers... yet he always went to ALL THE LAN PARTIES THE SCHOOL HAD. That also really didn't make me happy .

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 01-09-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Btw who is STOKED for Dead Space 2? I'm so pumped to play it. The first was amazing. The second should be one of the best games ever.
I played the beta and it was pretty good. It was multiplayer only, but it was still awesome. My main problem was the servers were so bad. It kicked everyone whenever there was like 10 people in the game.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Well the only sports game I play is NHL 11 and I find Madden horrid. Also, when it comes to FPS games, I almost always play them on the PC, but when they are exclusive to the PS3, like Killzone 2/3 or Resistance 1/2/3, I make an exception. But to be honest, there is still one gaming celebrity that needs to die in a ****ing fire, mainly because he's practically showing himself off as being I'm hot ****, you're nothing because you're not as good as me, is Lil' Poison. I would love to: 1, punch the kid in the face, and 2, see how well he does with FPS games on the PC. The kid would be so lost I would laugh my ass off. He even makes people pay him for him to teach you how to be good. My god... I'm so happy the kid is practically forgotten though, even though he does piss me off.

I am a PS fan. Same with Nintendo (even though I really don't play my Wii much). I've also met too many 360 fans that pissed me off. As in this one kid that would literally own every special version of the 360 if he could, keep one for himself and let his friends play the other ones and pretty much flat out say that every other console sucks (not even just this gen, I mean previous ones, including the PS2). He's just some rich spoiled ********** of a kid that can't keep his ****ing mouth shut. He also had no respect for PC gamers... yet he always went to ALL THE LAN PARTIES THE SCHOOL HAD. That also really didn't make me happy .
i havent played madden seriously for quite a few years but, NHL is complete **** when it comes to Madden. love it or hate it, madden 11 is the cream of the crop. nhl 11 is very subpar when compared to it.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
i havent played madden seriously for quite a few years but, NHL is complete **** when it comes to Madden. love it or hate it, madden 11 is the cream of the crop. nhl 11 is very subpar when compared to it.
Fifa says hi

Old
01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Jstaff, at least you wont even replace your PS3, which youve done for your xbox at least 2 times now.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:10 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Jstaff, at least you wont even replace your PS3, which youve done for your xbox at least 2 times now.
I've been running my PS3 for about 2.5 years almost 24/7 without any hiccups. I mean, the occasional freeze here and there, but that's it. My PS3 has only froze about 5 or 6 times over those 2.5 years.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Except they're not the same game at all and that's just a huge assumption based on graphical appearance.

CS takes a lot more patience and arguably skill to aim because the recoil is pretty heavy in CS while there's not much of it at all in Blacklight. Blacklight also features some drastically different game modes, a weapons shop, a virtual money system, a mission and attribute system, and bots. CS has none of those things. At least the last time I played it.

I know you probably weren't completely serious, but for some reason it makes me unhappy when people judge things without even giving it a chance or even having a basis to judge it on. Like I said, I can't find anything legitimate to complain about it. Only complaint I can think of someone coming up with is that it's too similar to other FPS titles (which I don't think is true) and even in that case, it's a free game so it's not as if it matters.

This game is also much more light-hearted (thus the Quake style announcements upon certain achievements), the level design is much more clever and advanced (well, in a way it is), and much more of a run n' gun game.

Like I said before, it's small system requirements and a small download. No reason not to try it if you're into FPS games.

Quote:
It's been a bit over 10 years since I first played CS. October 2000.
Hasn't been that long for me, but it's been a while. Used to play CS 1.6 for a long time until I had to replace my computer (never bothered to get it again). CS takes a special place in my gaming heart because it was the first time I played an FPS game that forced you to play that "smart". The recoil on guns was really intense so you had to shoot in bursts and aim well (the former of which I had to adjust to). On top of that, the community was so good and your health so fragile that you had to play smart as well.

Took me a while to adjust to CS after playing games like Unreal Tournament and Quake: Team Arena, but I got pretty damn good at CS once I adjusted. IIRC, I loved using the MP5 and the AK in long-range situations.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

I used to play NHL games back in the PS2 era. Ever since this whole skill stick thing came about I haven't been able to adjust and the games, as a whole, seem much less enjoyable to me. Back in the old days they had much more of an arcade-like feel, which I feel is much more suitable for video games.

Not to mention that the online is flawed. Too many people above my skill level and too many people glitching for it to be enjoyable for me.

I haven't played in a while though. I only have NHL 10 and whenever I played that online I just played as a defensive d-man and let my teammates do the offensive work for me (aside from blasting slappers from the point).

Other then that, there's not much I enjoy in terms of sports games. I prefer more old school, arcade-style games and modern sports games are being monopolized and heading in the opposite direction of that.

Old
01-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Jester

Quote:
No you understand it perfectly. Only crazy fanboys will defend that thing. I know I was one of those fanboys.
Blu-Ray Player... free online play... better hardware (though, developers don't like developing for it because it's different)... However, when they do focus on PS3, they produce some excellent stuff (Killzone leaping immediately to mind).

Old
01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Jester

Quote:
I've been running my PS3 for about 2.5 years almost 24/7 without any hiccups. I mean, the occasional freeze here and there, but that's it. My PS3 has only froze about 5 or 6 times over those 2.5 years.
Playing Black Ops, the freezes are happening with regularity... however, that's Treyarch's * up, not the hardware. The big difference between the two is the development path. Developers do XBOX games and then port them to PS3, as opposed to the other way around. That is an issue, which has been made abundantly clear with the screw ups with Black Ops.

Old
01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Jester

Quote:
To be honest with you my main problem with the PS3 the controller sucks. That's my personal opinion of it. Plus the online experience for the Xbox is way better I will gladly pay for it. Another thing is I enjoy the competition on the Xbox more than I did on the PS3. I play Madden pretty serious every year when it comes out and I am constantly in the top 100 ranked I was 38th this year. Whenever I play people from Xbox in the top 100 I have close games. But when I used to play on PS3 and when I go over somebodys house and play people in the top 100 I beat them by 20+ points using the same plays and teams.
Also again on personal preference because most games I play aren't exclusives with the exception of Gears. The main thing that went into my decision was the comparison of the same game on both systems and the Xbox wins out because of the controller.
Well, that's likely a matter of familiarity/comfort. I've been using the PS controller for 10+ years, and I find the XBOX controller aggravating when I've used it at other people's places. You can actually get a PS controller that is shaped like the XBOX controller now, I believe.

I have heard that the level of competition is better on XBOX, but that's really a community issue more than having anything to do with the system itself.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

As someone who has played competitively on many games, I agree on the competitive atmosphere for the 360. I find playing with people on there alot more challanging then on my PS3. From someone who has played semi-pro in CS:S (a few years), COD4 (not as much), and Halo PC (5+ years), I find the challenge harder on the 360 then the PS3. Just seems like alot more people play the 360 then PS3. I personally am a 360 person myself, and have a PS3, but I oculd never enjoy the Ps3.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:22 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Fifa says hi
FIFA 11 is hands down the best sports game out right now.

It should be though, the dev team for FIFA is international and easily twice the size of the NHL team. EA puts big money into FIFA because it's the top selling sports game in the world.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

To be fair, not many people do. Only PC gamers care about PC gamers, everyone else plays videogames too casually for PC's due to the hardware specs. It's too expensive to get into PC gaming because you need all the equipment. Consoles cost like $300 and plug right into the HDTV that most people already have. Then, you dont need to buy upgrades for years, just new games when you feel like it.

Not to say this while only quoting you, but sometimes this videogame thread pisses me off. It's all "I play this, I'm the best, blah blah this sucks blah blah this rocks blah." Seriously, being the best counter-strike or halo or CoD player in the world is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. (Waiting reference, not to offend peeps) The real important people in our lives dont give 2 ****s about videogames (see bosses, girlfriends).

Old
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Jester

Don't know about you... girlfriend definitely cares about video games.

She doesn't like 'em.

However, I got a sweet set of headphones for Xmas... purely so she doesn't have to listen to the game when I'm playing. "These may save our relationship."

Old
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
bennysflyers16

I finally got a PS3 for Xmas, gift from a buddy who stayed at my house the last 3 years while he was in town for apprenticeship school ? Not a big gamer, but like the sports games. Will wait to Tiger when it comes out ( Augusta ).

What games should I get, have been out of gaming loop for 10+ years ! Thinking of GT5 and NHL 11 to start. Used to play GT on PS1 back in the college days !!

Old
01-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I finally got a PS3 for Xmas, gift from a buddy who stayed at my house the last 3 years while he was in town for apprenticeship school ? Not a big gamer, but like the sports games. Will wait to Tiger when it comes out ( Augusta ).

What games should I get, have been out of gaming loop for 10+ years ! Thinking of GT5 and NHL 11 to start. Used to play GT on PS1 back in the college days !!
If you like first person shooters, Killzone is really really good and really takes advantage of the power of the PS3. You can probably get it for really cheap, too. Folks love Uncharted, but I've never played that. If you liked Legend of Zelda back in the day, Demon's Souls is really cool (it's a serious time sink if you want to get anywhere in it... I'm probably a quarter of the way through it and haven't really played in a year, but really want to beat it when I have the time to devote to it).

I would highly suggest perusing gamespot. Best way, IMO, to find good games without picking up duds.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:55 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
M.A.G. is the best FPS out there right now. 256 players on one map. No auto aim. No Lag. It's simply awesome. PS3 exclusive.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:
I don't think I've shut off my X-Box in over 2 years now, except to move from PA to CT.

It's always on playing music or a game in pause. Or idling on EASHL menu waiting to drop in.

@NHL11... if it weren't for the 'omg every hit would get someone suspended' overkill, it's pretty good. I got my legend card really quick within a month... and drop-ins are ok to a point. Don't play before 10:30 PM; all the kids are on. You know the type, the 'call for a pass the entire time, hog it and shoot slap shots from the point without a chance, or the 'same move every time' glitch goals...

BTW, why is it all the douchbags play as black guys with blond hair/mustaches... and do that same kneel/drop to knees, fist twirl EVERY time?

Closed Thread