HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 4)

View Poll Results: Trade Markov for Parise?
Yes 99 68.28%
No 32 22.07%
Not straight up 14 9.66%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2011, 11:49 PM
hosehead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
What would it take to get this guy
Toronto papers keep saying Burke wants a 1st rnd pick for Kaberle.. maybe wait to the trade deadline & pull the trigger if the defence is looking shallow.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Jedrik

Are there any realistic options out there for a guy who can throw hard punches and actually otherwise play? Seeing Shawn Thornton try and goad Subban into a fight last night made me wanna barf. Anything? Not an enforcer/goon, but someone who is responsible and can at least serve as some protection for our young stars.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Okay Guys, I'd give you Cam Barker anytime. Just give me a bag of pucks + some sticks and it should be fine.

At least he is a little bit better than Picard..

Old
01-10-2011, 01:25 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Are there any realistic options out there for a guy who can throw hard punches and actually otherwise play? Seeing Shawn Thornton try and goad Subban into a fight last night made me wanna barf. Anything? Not an enforcer/goon, but someone who is responsible and can at least serve as some protection for our young stars.
is Stortini any good? only seen a few games but he didnt look out of place.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
According to the NYP Frolov injured his leg and is out for the season so forget about him for those who wanted him reunited with Cammy

Old
01-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
is Stortini any good? only seen a few games but he didnt look out of place.
Stortini is not a true heavyweight, but will drop the gloves against them. The thing about him is that he can play on the 4th line without being a liability. I'd try to pry him and Penner out of Edmonton if they'd listen.

Old
01-10-2011, 09:51 AM
MTL-rules

Again, why waste a roster spot on an enforcer ? Who cares what Thornton, Chara and cie did... we won, they lost... you're starting to sound like Boston fans trying to acquire a guy for moral victories.

Bring in talent, teams win with it, not the fists...

Old
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Again, why waste a roster spot on an enforcer ? Who cares what Thornton, Chara and cie did... we won, they lost... you're starting to sound like Boston fans trying to acquire a guy for moral victories.

I don't think we need enforcers cause fighting is pretty useless in hocke and mostly bruins fans are the only one who care about it, but I would welcome some bigger players with some talent like Philly has, that we could use. Chara and Thornton can keep looking for players to fight against, no one cares

Old
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
3. A guy like Regher is needed for the future, anyways. We're going to lose d-men next year, so we need replacements. AK on the other hand is not necessarily needed for the future because we have a bunch of high-priced forwards locked up for years to come. That coupled with other young talents knocking at the door (Leblanc, Kristo, Avtsin, Desharnais), makes AK potentially expendable.

All this, coupled with the reality that we're slim on D with Gorges and Markov out for the year makes a trade of AK for a D completely logical. All we neeed to do now is psychically transmit this logic over to Gauthier and get a trade done!
I'll get my wife on this right away. She seems to be able to psychically make me to things that I haven't been able to think of by myself!

Old
01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Jedrik

Quote:

In my post I clearly said

Quote:
Not an enforcer/goon, but someone who is responsible and can at least serve as some protection for our young stars.
Someone who can play in the bottom-6 and do a decent job. It's my feeling that it's only a matter of time before Subban gets jumped and totally pounded, hurt, injured, whatever, since the refs have proven that they are incapable of adequately protecting players. People will be singing a different tune then.

'We won, they lost' is such a lazy analysis. So if the B's had put that game away in the third then your philosophy would be irrelevant? If they win next time then the reverse is true?

Old
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
In my post I clearly said

Someone who can play in the bottom-6 and do a decent job. It's my feeling that it's only a matter of time before Subban gets jumped and totally pounded, hurt, injured, whatever, since the refs have proven that they are incapable of adequately protecting players. People will be singing a different tune then.

'We won, they lost' is such a lazy analysis. So if the B's had put that game away in the third then your philosophy would be irrelevant? If they win next time then the reverse is true?
What's our record against the Bruins this year ? 3-0... yeah, I think this team is undeafted... and 5-1 last year...

As for "enforcer".. You seem to think that enforcers can't play... Enforcers are the players who fight to earn their paychecks, some can manage on the 4th line and some don't deserve to set foot in a nhl arena... but both are overpaid, useless and waste a roster spot. Thornton, Neal, Orr who play 82 games a year aren't as good hockey players as anyone in our roster.

I'd like to get bigger as a team, in our TOP 6, because their the ones that are on the ice more often... but talented players with size are hard to find on the market.

...fights are useless...

Last edited by MTL-rules: 01-10-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
What's our record against the Bruins this year ? 3-0... yeah, I think this team is undeafted... and 5-1 last year...

As for "enforcer".. You seem to think that enforcers can't play... Enforcers are the players who fight to earn their paychecks, some can manage on the 4th line and some don't deserve to set foot in a nhl arena... but both are overpaid, useless and waste a roster spot. Thornton, Neal, Orr who play 82 games a year aren't as good hockey players as anyone in our roster.

I'd like to get bigger as a team, in our TOP 6, because their the ones that are on the ice more often... but talented players with size are hard to find on the market.

...fights are useless...
Whatever. I'm not going to get bogged down in the semantics of what an enforcer is.

And no s*%* I'd like to get bigger in the top-6. Ideally I'd like Milan Lucic on this team. I'm staying within reality.

Old
01-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Okay Guys, I'd give you Cam Barker anytime. Just give me a bag of pucks + some sticks and it should be fine.

At least he is a little bit better than Picard..
I think I'm alone here in thinking that Barker would make a good partner with Subban. Barker can do what Barker does and Subban can do everything else. Subban seems at his best when his partner plays a simple game.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I think I'm alone here in thinking that Barker would make a good partner with Subban. Barker can do what Barker does and Subban can do everything else. Subban seems at his best when his partner plays a simple game.
He's definitely a player worth scouting, and Minnesota is definitely a team that could use a PF with potential like AK.

Maybe a deal like Barker+Brunette for AK+Weber or something close to that would be worthwhile for both teams. That said, I have no idea what Barker has looked like this year. I get the impression he's been underperforming the last couple of years. Still, like AK, I think he has all the tools to be successful--this trade could make a whole lot of sense.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Wild don't need AK.

But with Zidlicky being out for the rest of the season, I'd like to see a Weber/Scandella pair...

Old
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Wild don't need AK.

But with Zidlicky being out for the rest of the season, I'd like to see a Weber/Scandella pair...
Maybe not now, but if they lose key wingers like Brunette and Mietennen and Kobasew next year ( all ufa's), maybe they will. Just like we could use Barker next year, the same goes to for Minnesota with AK for next year. All they have locked up is Latendresse and Havlat as far top 6 wingers is concerned.

Quote:
Wild don't need AK.

Wow, i read this quickly, i didn't realize that Zidlicky is out for the year. The only way they would ever consider trading Barker is if they fall far out of playoff contention.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:18 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not a big fan of Tanguay...at least if AK isn't scoring he can run people over. The only way I'd take him is if he came really cheap...
The only way Kostitsyn is ever going to be consistant on both ends of the ice like Tanguay is if he gets a brain transplant.

Closed Thread