HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
M.A.G. is the best FPS out there right now. 256 players on one map. No auto aim. No Lag. It's simply awesome. PS3 exclusive.
I was really excited when that was coming out... but wasn't impressed with what I read when it actually dropped, so never picked it up.

Old
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
I don't think I've shut off my X-Box in over 2 years now, except to move from PA to CT.

It's always on playing music or a game in pause. Or idling on EASHL menu waiting to drop in.

@NHL11... if it weren't for the 'omg every hit would get someone suspended' overkill, it's pretty good. I got my legend card really quick within a month... and drop-ins are ok to a point. Don't play before 10:30 PM; all the kids are on. You know the type, the 'call for a pass the entire time, hog it and shoot slap shots from the point without a chance, or the 'same move every time' glitch goals...

BTW, why is it all the douchbags play as black guys with blond hair/mustaches... and do that same kneel/drop to knees, fist twirl EVERY time?
They think they are cool. Just like the kids who think they are superstars and never pass. It's a team game and most people outside of club matches don't play as a team. FIFA and NHL drop in games are very hit or miss.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I finally got a PS3 for Xmas, gift from a buddy who stayed at my house the last 3 years while he was in town for apprenticeship school ? Not a big gamer, but like the sports games. Will wait to Tiger when it comes out ( Augusta ).

What games should I get, have been out of gaming loop for 10+ years ! Thinking of GT5 and NHL 11 to start. Used to play GT on PS1 back in the college days !!
I bought a PS3 last week, specifically for GT5. It hasn't disappointed.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I bought a PS3 last week, specifically for GT5. It hasn't disappointed.
Gonna buy it, i remeber in college staying up all night playing that damn game !
And the Netflix is quite slick. I have never seen a eppy of Mad Men, 3/4 way through season 1 already !!

Old
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
bennysflyers16

Here is one for you hardcore players that should give you a laugh. Since Friday night when I unpacked the PS3 I had to move my couch right up to the plasma to use it as my unit only came with a short little corded remote ?????

Imagine how dumb I felt at work today when one of my staff told me ( politely ) that I am a moron

Old
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
If you just got a ps3, I suggest Metal Gear 4. Its probably alot cheaper than when it came out, and its ****ing impressive as ****. For me, it was one of the best games of this console generation.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Jester

Quote:
Here is one for you hardcore players that should give you a laugh. Since Friday night when I unpacked the PS3 I had to move my couch right up to the plasma to use it as my unit only came with a short little corded remote ?????

Imagine how dumb I felt at work today when one of my staff told me ( politely ) that I am a moron
heh.

Just a heads up. You can plug the remote into a computer USB port to charge it if you have a laptop.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
heh.

Just a heads up. You can plug the remote into a computer USB port to charge it if you have a laptop.
Thanks, work is having fun with me. Was thinking how can something this high tech come without a wireless remote

Old
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
M.A.G. is the best FPS out there right now. 256 players on one map. No auto aim. No Lag. It's simply awesome. PS3 exclusive.
Even though I drool at the thought of 256 players, I haven't heard good things about the game.

Old
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Gonna buy it, i remeber in college staying up all night playing that damn game !
And the Netflix is quite slick. I have never seen a eppy of Mad Men, 3/4 way through season 1 already !!
Netflix is awesome and it's definitely the only movie-renting medium that I use now, aside from On Demand. However, I only watch instant streaming movies and eventually you just flat-out run out of stuff to watch because their instant streaming selection isn't that good. That's my big beef with Netflix.

Thanks to Netflix I got to see Ip Man though. Love that movie.

Old
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Start Leighton*

The only think that is more retarded than the kids picking black guys with blonde hair and naming their guys Mr. T. Is the same kids playing fifa wearing oversized afros that are a crazy color like neon green wearing like red gloves and purple cleats I wish there was like some maturity test to play online

Old
01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

i play with a black skinned blonde hair bearded blue eye defensemen with 99 overall and im 40

Old
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
If you just got a ps3, I suggest Metal Gear 4. Its probably alot cheaper than when it came out, and its ****ing impressive as ****. For me, it was one of the best games of this console generation.
This and BOTH Uncharted Drake's

Great games as well.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
JSTAFF

I'll just sell the PS3 already, it's pretty much useless.

/war off

Old
01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Garbage Goal

I don't understand how someone could dislike the PS3 in all honesty.

Old
01-10-2011, 11:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't understand how someone could dislike the PS3 in all honesty.
I'd say people who only play Halo. Some people don't like expanding their horizons. And before someone says anything, I have played Halo 1, 2, 3 and ODST. I've also played Gears of War. Out of any of them, the first Halo was the only good game, in my opinion.

Old
01-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I'd say people who only play Halo. Some people don't like expanding their horizons. And before someone says anything, I have played Halo 1, 2, 3 and ODST. I've also played Gears of War. Out of any of them, the first Halo was the only good game, in my opinion.
Loved Halo, but I've only played the first one on the PC. Never owned an X-Box and I hate the X-Box controllers.

Halo: Combat Evolved (the PC version of Halo) was ****ing awesome. It was better then the X-Box counterpart (literally, it had maps and weapons in it that the X-Box version didn't) and I was awesome at it. Could never get enough Blood Gulch.

Old
01-11-2011, 02:19 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Loved Halo, but I've only played the first one on the PC. Never owned an X-Box and I hate the X-Box controllers.

Halo: Combat Evolved (the PC version of Halo) was ****ing awesome. It was better then the X-Box counterpart (literally, it had maps and weapons in it that the X-Box version didn't) and I was awesome at it. Could never get enough Blood Gulch.
I also own that version as well. I own no Xbox or 360. But man, even if the online mode was a bit laggy because of Gamespy, it was definitely badass.

Old
01-11-2011, 02:35 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Halo PC was top knotch. Play in any leagues? I played that **** for 5+ years, in cal, kw, twl, tcln, etc etc. part of teams like -PhP-, (BF), and 6fd[, and {tech}. Really the first game that I played competitively.

Old
01-11-2011, 06:56 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I am addicted to Pac Man: Championship DX. Game flat our rocks.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:23 AM
IrishSniper87

Ok, rather then continue the XBox/PS3 debate (which has turned into a PS3 **********), I have a much more interesting question.

Highest level in Black Ops Zombie mode?

1 player - 5 (lol)
2 player - 8 (ugh ...)

Need to try it with 4 people though. Any tips? I played it only a few times so far, but I'm interested in trying 4 person co-op. I hear the highest level anyone has gotten to is 76. Which is nuts.

And I'm level 34 online, you can tell I don't play much considering I got the game at launch.

Old
01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I dislike Halo, but still don't really like the PS3. I have a 360 and a Wii. I do wish could play games like LBP and Heavy Rain though, as well as Last Guardian or whetever its called when it comes out. I was a PS1 and PS2/GC person last 2 gens, but that was mainly due to great 3rd party games on PS2 (I love RPGs). Most of todays great games launch on both 360 and PS3, besides a few exclusives on each side, but usually launch on 360 first. I have no direct fandom for 360 or microsoft.

In general I am getting tired of modern games. I find they lack true substance. Bioshock is my favorite game this generation, along with Twilight Princess.

and Irish, I dont play zombies, but my buddies do. Highest I have heard that they have hit was 32 or something (2 people I think).

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 01-11-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I dislike Halo, but still don't really like the PS3. I have a 360 and a Wii. I do wish could play games like LBP and Heavy Rain though. I was a PS1 and PS2/GC person last 2 gens, but that was mainly due to great 3rd party games on PS2 (I love RPGs). Most of todays great games launch on both 360 and PS3, besides a few exclusives on each side, but usually launch on 360 first. I have no direct fandom for 360 or microsoft.

In general I am getting tired of modern games. I find they lack true substance. Bioshock is my favorite game this generation, along with Twilight Princess.

and Irish, I dont play zombies, but my buddies do. Highest I have heard that they have hit was 32 or something (2 people I think).
I posted pretty much the same thing earlier and all I got was someone saying that I just sucked at modern games.

I completely agree though. I miss the days of Unreal Tournament, Super Smash Brothers, Quake: Team Arena, Star Fox 64, and Pokemon Red/Blue to be honest. Maybe it's just nostalgia getting a hold of me, but even today I find my N64 and GBA games far more enjoyable then any of the modern stuff. Modern gaming seems to be all about online play and flair whereas old games seemed to be more about substance. Which I think is true since, back then, online gaming wasn't really around or at least not in the same capacity as it is now. Today's games just seem to be style over substance to me and I'd rather have it the other way around.

I mean, back in the day, developers had to focus on building a complete game with great fundamentals and gameplay to keep a person interested since games were mostly played via single player or with your friends in the same room back then. Today, it's all about online multiplayer, playing with people you don't even know on the same maps over and over again. Single player and party gaming seems to be dying out and, along with it, I believe some quality is going away as well. Maybe it's just me though.

I never played BioShock, but Twilight Princess is awesome.

As far as the PS3 goes, it's not really worth it unless you can play online and have an income high enough to warrant the pricing of the PS3 itself and it's games. Probably helps if you're into Blu-Ray as well.

Old
01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
HoverCarle*

Don't get me wrong, I have really loved a lot of the games this gen, but something is definitely different. Definitely share your view on multiplayer. If you have a 360 you should definitely play Bioshock if you want substance and a great single player experience

And in regards to PS3, the price is definitely why I chose a 360 over it back in like 2007.
Games I have really enjoyed this gen:

Bioshock 1 and 2
Fallout 3 (Im sure ill like NV, just not paying 70$ for it)
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Dragon Age
Oblivion (skyrim will rule)
Zelda
Smash bros brawl
Metroid Other M
Mario Galaxy
Portal
Pac Man DX
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
Lost Odyssey
Fire Emblem
Plus some DS games.

I played tons of COD MW, WAW, and W2, and I know I would like black ops, I am just sick of spending so much time on them.

Looking forward to:
Mass Effect 3
Bioshock: Infinite
Portal 2
Dead Space 2
Skyrim
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Pokemon B&W

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 01-11-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old
01-11-2011, 05:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I can't believe people still complain about the price of the PS3 even today. Don't give me that crap about the 4GB 360 Arcade version. Hell, it can't even play Halo Reach co-op because of the lack of space. And yes, I do use it for Blu-ray and to even this day, the PS3 is still considered one of the best or the best blu-ray player around.

From the list Hovercraft has:

Bioshock 1 and 2 - Loved the first one, never beat the 2nd one
Fallout 3 (Im sure ill like NV, just not paying 70$ for it) - Hated it
Mass Effect 1 and 2 - Loved ME2 on the PC
Dragon Age - Hated it
Oblivion (skyrim will rule) - Bored with it
Zelda - Barely played anything Zelda
Smash bros brawl - Loved it
Metroid Other M - Didn't play it
Mario Galaxy - I've owned it for a few years and never played it
Portal - Love it to death
Pac Man DX - Don't own it
Dead Space - Loved it, but only lasted so long
Mirror's Edge - Loved it, but only lasted so long
Lost Odyssey - Never cared for it
Fire Emblem - Played a bit of Radiant Dawn, but not much

Personally I'm looking forward to:

LBP2
Killzone 3
Bulletstorm
MvC3
Homefront
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3
The Last Guardian
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Red Faction Armageddon
Brink
RAGE
Red Orchestra 2
Infamous 2
Team Ico Collection
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
SOCOM 4
Twisted Metal
Yakuza 4
Yakuza Of the End
Crysis 2
Mass Effect 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Diablo III (I ****ing hope so)
Torchlight 2
XCOM
The Agency

I'd love to play all of these. And all of these will be split between the PC and PS3.

Closed Thread