HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise to Montreal

Old
01-10-2011, 12:50 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
As a Devils fan put it best...

Price and Subban with a (+) is a bit like the Devils trading Brodeur and Niedermayer (with a +) for Yzerman in 1995, and no matter how you look at it, the Devils would have lost that trade.

Subban is really close to what Nieds was in 1995 and Price certainly did more than Brodeur did (prior to 1995, obviously).

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
I know you're going to get torched for making that assumption about Parise's will to be in NJ, but I can see where you're coming from. Every discussion he's had with the media seems so blase. I can't tell if he's being his usual immaculate professional self or not - but comments like "Things don't always work out perfectly" and the such are very much out of his character.

Larry Brooks put it best - if the Devils cannot sign Parise long-term by this years draft, they NEED to auction him off right there in his home state. They simply can't afford to let him walk for nothing like they did with Niedermayer and Rafalski and Gomez.

For Parise - you KNOW the haul is going to be incredible. Hell, as a Rangers fan, I'd happily give Kreider, McDonagh and our 2011 1st and both 2nds.

Of course it would cost a TON to get him. My point was that it wont be as high as Devil fans think it would be. I think the deal I proposed would be enough to get him, maybe throw in another mid pick or prospect.

Eller + Tinordi + 1st + 3rd/Weber

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Of course it would cost a TON to get him. My point was that it wont be as high as Devil fans think it would be. I think the deal I proposed would be enough to get him, maybe throw in another mid pick or prospect.

Eller + Tinordi + 1st + 3rd/Weber

the Devils have absolutely no reason to do this deal. not enough at all.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
JimEIV

If Lou trades Parise........It aint going to be for futures. That is for Sure.

Parise = Shannahan if he gets traded...

Granted Shannahan wasn't a trade and his return was compensation from an arbitor, but I think it gives insight into the why Lou thinks.

The Blues offered Futures...The Blues made an offer of compensation consisting of goaltender Curtis Joseph, forward Rod Brind'Amour and two future draft picks...

There are your 4 first rounders so to speak, but Lou want proven top end talend.

Lou isn't taking shinny new prospects for Parise.

That is my feeling.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM
BeastoftheEast85

Simply put, MONTREAL DOESN"T HAVE ENOUGH EXTRA DEPTH IN THEIR SYSTEM TO GET PARISE!!

Look at some of the the other threads and see what some other teams like Boston or LA can offer.

BeastoftheEast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post

Price and Subban with a (+) is a bit like the Devils trading Brodeur and Niedermayer (with a +) for Yzerman in 1995, and no matter how you look at it, the Devils would have lost that trade.

Subban is really close to what Nieds was in 1995 and Price certainly did more than Brodeur did (prior to 1995, obviously).
Did he though?

Brodeur won a Calder and went to ECF's in his very first season. Price also won a Calder, just the lower level one. I'd say they were on par and that's why my comparison was what the french would say....le astute.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
JimEIV

Quote:

No he didn't...

Brodeur was an overtime goal away from SCF in his rookie campaign while winning the Rookie of the Year and was a Stanely Cup champion in second year...

Price didn't really even have as many wins in his first two years.

Price had 47 wins and Brodeur had 46 but Broduer's second year was a lockout shorten year and he produce 1 few win without half of a season.

Old
01-10-2011, 01:46 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Did he though?

Brodeur won a Calder and went to ECF's in his very first season. Price also won a Calder, just the lower level one. I'd say they were on par and that's why my comparison was what the french would say....le astute.
Same wave length I guess

Old
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
MXD

Quote:
Did he though?

I'd rank Price ahead of Brodeur on the basis that in 1995 (remember, no prior to the Cup...), only had one season... Yeah, he won the Calder, sure.

But Price, at this point, has already played 3 seasons and a half, and at his best full season (ie, his rookie season), he's wasn't much better or worst than Brodeur was (Brodeur finished 4th in SV%, Price finished 7%, and both ousted a more established guy). Plus, Price is proving now that he can handle Brodeur-like workload rather well (something Brodeur himself didn't do after his rookie season), and numbers-wise this season, Price is having a similar season to Brodeur's 2006-07... Which was probably Brodeur's best season in the League.

Old
01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
No he didn't...

Brodeur was an overtime goal away from SCF in his rookie campaign while winning the Rookie of the Year and was a Stanely Cup champion in second year...

Price didn't really even have as many wins in his first two years.

Price had 47 wins and Brodeur had 46 but Broduer's second year was a lockout shorten year and he produce 1 few win without half of a season.
Remember -- we're talking 1995. On january the 10th 1995, Martin Brodeur didn't play a single game.

Sure, if you consider 1995 has a whole, Brodeur did more than Price did at this point. But, 16 years ago, Brodeur had yet to play his first NHL game during his sophomore season. Thus, considering Brodeur would win a Cup 6 months later is pretty moot.

Old
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
MXD

Quote:
Did he though?

Either way, it's really close...

Old
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Remember -- we're talking 1995. On january the 10th 1995, Martin Brodeur didn't play a single game.

Sure, if you consider 1995 has a whole, Brodeur did more than Price did at this point. But, 16 years ago, Brodeur had yet to play his first NHL game during his sophomore season. Thus, considering Brodeur would win a Cup 6 months later is pretty moot.
Okay, now I'm convinced this is sarcasm.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Okay, now I'm convinced this is sarcasm.
Trolling mod?

I also forgot --- Yzerman in 1995 was considered a better player than Parise in 2011. He certainly achieved more, for sure.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I don't want Price as part of a package. I would want a Subban and Plekanec package.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Trolling mod?

I also forgot --- Yzerman in 1995 was considered a better player than Parise in 2011. He certainly achieved more, for sure.
Not really. Yzerman was an elite scoring talent with immense leadership skills that couldn't win in the playoffs. It wasn't until 1997 that he finally un-Marino'd himself.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
MXD

Quote:
Not really. Yzerman was an elite scoring talent with immense leadership skills that couldn't win in the playoffs. It wasn't until 1997 that he finally un-Marino'd himself.
Does that make him any different than Zach Parise circa 2011?

Old
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Does that make him any different than Zach Parise circa 2011?
No, it makes it an exact comparison. So I agree with Habs fans that it makes no sense for the future. The Devils wouldn't have won right now, nor in the future. Neither would the Habs if it went down that way. I'm on your side. The rest is just semantics.