HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#43 - 01.08.2011 | New York Rangers @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
01-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
i don't understand how he was being negative. he was merely explaining that St. Louis is plagued by injuries and 3 of their top 6 forwards just happened to be the ones injured. and he's right. St. Louis missing Perron, McDonald and Oshie is huge for thay team. if those 3 guys weren't missing for as long as they have been, St. Louis could very well be in playoff contention right now. in fact, the race out West is so tight, that even with the 46 points they have, they can still make it into the playoffs. sure, we're missing Callahan, but they're missing half their scoring. if we were missing Callahan, Dubinsky and say...Boyle (because he's been doing some scoring for us) i'm pretty sure we'd be in the same boat.

i can't take away from the win last night. we deserved it. but you can't ignore the fact that if St. Louis had those 3 guys in the line up, we would have had to work harder for that win.
we missed Gabby, we missed our 2nd leading scorer from last season for the entire year so far, weve missed cally, the backbone of our team, and we're still playing damn well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
last year doesn't count
uhh, why? Prospal was brought back to be a huge part of our offense. we lost him before the season ever started, thats HUGE.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Not really. Sting makes a good point. Not sure if they've got us beat in 'injury' department but Oshie, McDonald and Perron are big losses for them.
Those three are still not that spectacular although at the very least Oshie and Perron are still developing and who knows what they coulda done this year. But gabs isn't the same player he was I think b/c of his injury and I think Drury is a bit worse because he's missed most of the season.

Cally, gabs, Drury, Prospal, then I guess throw in Ec and Boog though they dont mean much.

It's a definite wash w/ personal preference leaning one way or the other. There's no doubt it's an even better win if the blues are healthy, maybe we lose but so what? If gabs was playing like he was last year and Cally/Prospal were healthy maybe we still win. But we';re a much better overall team than we;ve been in ages right now. To try to harp on the blues weakness it just seems to take away from the postiives the rangers are doing so in that regard though a point worth noting it's kinda on the negative side. Is there an excuse for our win against Dallas too? How many wins can we find excuses for? Just seems pointless when a team is playing like ours is to find excuses in the middle of what 3 wins in 4 nights?

There'll be another loss or two like we had right before this three game win streak but hey we're a slightly above average team w/ a chance to make noise in the PO's we're not elite.

Also the shift Fro got hurt I noticed him hustle over Gabs to get back oN D and started to think "Y'know he's yet another dissappointment offensively but w/e if he's playing like this more often I think I like the guy." Then he got hurt and tried to keep going. Could it be Mr. Wrap around is going to end up being liked and appreciated like Drury is despite his muiltitude of failings? N'ah

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
we missed Gabby, we missed our 2nd leading scorer from last season for the entire year so far, weve missed cally, the backbone of our team, and we're still playing damn well.
hell yeah! and to be perfectly honest with you, i'm a little surprised by this. plenty of teams struggle with the loss of key teammates, especially when it comes to winning games. this team hasn't let injuries get them down, especially when those injuries are to important players. if this team can keep this kind of attitude, they're sure to be a force in the coming seasons. i really really REALLY love what i'm seeing for the future of this organization.

...that is...if it's kept up the right way and we don't go pull a Lou Lamoriello and sign some top notch guy for a 2nd pairing d-man and a building block

Last edited by FultonReed: 01-09-2011 at 02:35 PM.
FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
mrhockey193195

Can anyone upload a video of JD on the air with Sam and Joe? I was stuck watching the blues feed.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote