HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

How to get rid of Drury's contract?

Old
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM
BattleGuy

vCash: 50
I know this wouldn't happen due to NMC but what do you guys think of this.

To EDM
Drury
McIlrath

to NYR
Linus Omark
Curtis Hamilton
3rd 2011

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
straight up Drury for Gomez...

come on Ranger fan, Gomez would be great with Gaborik, so great that you'll forget all about the 2 extra seasons of having a bloated contract.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 12:57 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
trade him for gomez

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo View Post
Drury is on pace for 17 points this season while taking up a whopping 7M (almost 12%) of NYR's cap space. On top of that, he will be a UFA prior to the 12/13 season so he still has a couple of years left on that contract. Aside from sending him down to the AHL, is there any way for the Rangers to get rid of his contract? Or should I say, is there any team in the league that would be willing to take on that ridiculous contract?

Some possibilities:
Drury +++ for Pominville
Drury ++ for Langkow Drury + for Rolston
Won't work now DSutter no longer at helm. Calgary's reign of insanity seems to be over for now.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:10 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Drury has a NMC so he isn't playing anywhere next season besides NYR unless he is bought out.
LOL a player has to be put on waivers before he is bought out and if he has a NMC he cant be put on waivers.
You cant even buy the guy out without his permission.

cyris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 50
Drury + Redden + 1st
for
Komisarek + Mitchell

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Drury is a candidate for a buyout

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
LeafsFan4281

Quote:
Drury is on pace for 17 points this season while taking up a whopping 7M (almost 12%) of NYR's cap space. On top of that, he will be a UFA prior to the 12/13 season so he still has a couple of years left on that contract. Aside from sending him down to the AHL, is there any way for the Rangers to get rid of his contract? Or should I say, is there any team in the league that would be willing to take on that ridiculous contract?

Some possibilities:
Drury +++ for Pominville
Drury ++ for Langkow
Drury + for Rolston
offer him to montreal

LeafsFan4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
gotmonte

How about DRURY and our first for someone/anyone with a cap hit if 2 million or less. Gives team A a first rounder this year and a team leader who is good to teach your kids.

Rangers lose their FIRST this year but get rid of enough cap to go after Richards.

What would u rather, a 15-20th pick one a plater who likes torts and can center the first line Nd who is on a pace of 94 POINTS!

I hate to lose our first but this years draft allegedly is a weak draft and if it frees enough cap for us to be serious condidates this July first for Richards, I think you HAVE to make the deal

You can flame away all u want but if u can find a team who maybe wants to take our first and package it with their own first on draft day to move up I think you have the ingredients for a good trade for both parties. Maybe we throw in a third or fourth? Maybe a B prospect instead if the third or fourth pick?

I'm ok with keeping DRURY and riding out his contract. But I believe with our hard working team with the legs and HEART Ato turn on the after burners to propel in the third periods coupled with a motivated Richards and a HAPPY gaborik we can go far next year.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:46 PM
NYR89

The Rangers have plenty of money for next season even with Drury on the books. Stepan is proving he can be a top-line guy this season and Anisimov and Boyle haven't been too shabby themselves. Do the Rangers really need Richards? I say no.

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
GeeoffBrown

To Calgary:

Chris Drury + 1st Rd Pick

To New York:

Ales Kotalik + Cory Sarich

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
DumFries

Give him to Montreal!! Montreal will give you the farm!

I can't believe Bob fell for that!!

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeoffBrown View Post
To Calgary:

Chris Drury + 1st Rd Pick

To New York:

Ales Kotalik + Cory Sarich

Why? How many times does it need to be said that Sather doesn't make stupid trades? The Rangers will, and should, keep Drury through next year and then probably resign him for a much more reasonable contract to be a 4th line/PK guy. By then, Stepan/Dubinsky/Callahan and company will be hitting their stride. No reason to get rid of Drury now when the Rangers are still a few years away from being serious contenders.

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
LOL a player has to be put on waivers before he is bought out and if he has a NMC he cant be put on waivers.
You cant even buy the guy out without his permission.
Nope.

A player with a NMC may be bought out without waivers - however he will have the option of being placed on waivers prior to any buyout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA Article 11.8(b)
(b) A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player,
whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict
the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement
. Prior to
exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC
hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3
hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The
Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or
reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in
accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24)
hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed
rejected.

kdb209 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

Some possibilities:
Drury +++ for Pominville
Drury ++ for Langkow
Drury + for Rolston
What is the +++ ?
If It's Kreider, Grachev, 1st... then you have a deal.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
How is Drury's contract worse than Rolston?

Drury with one hand is better than Rolston.

Rolston was offered for 1/2 the price and he's still is a Devil.

Sather would be more successful in moving Drury(if the Rangers wanted to move Drury which they don't)than Louie Lame was in moving Rolston based on Sather's track record for dumping contracts.

These are the same Debbie fans who couldn't stop pimping Langenbrunner to captain the US Olympic team and less than 1 year later refer to Langenbrunner as a "cancer". Very classy.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
1. I know what the 35+ clause is. You say retirement as if either one of these players is going to retire before their contract expire. They won't. Plus, Rolston is 2 mil cheaper for the same length. And Drury has an NMC which may be worse than Rolston's 35+ NTC. Drury can't be sent down, so effectively he's counting against your cap just as much as Rolston is. And he's costing more too.

2. Rolston has put up more points in 3 of the last 4 seasons, with that lone season being one where Rolston was hurt. They both work the PK.

Drury costs 2 mil more, for fewer points. Neither player is retiring. Drury can't be moved, Rolston has a 35+. Not sure how you can justify Drury being the better player or having a better contract.
Also, you say that Rolston is still a Devil, despite re-entry waivers. You think someone would claim Drury at half price? Think again. As for Langenbrunner, it's funny what a year can do. He was named Captain of America. That's a great honor. However, following the Olympics he turned into a childish crybaby. If you followed the Devils as closely as we do, you'd understand. And if you want to talk about class, care to explain the "LETS GO RANGERS" chants during the ENTIRE National Anthem at the 12/29 game in NJ? Honestly, it was the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen in my life. You want to chant for the Rangers on the road? That's fine. During the National Anthem? Now that is some serious lack of class.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
So I guess the answer could very well be "have glen the magic man sather as your gm".

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote