HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Mellington

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
http://www.columbusalive.com/live/content/index.html

http://www.columbusunderground.com/

http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/

http://www.downtowncolumbus.com/

Old
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM
IndyDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Get down there as early as you can. I mean like around 1600, if you can. A few places that you don't need reservations are:

Bar Louie (one of my favorite places)
Brothers
Max and Erma's
343 front Street sports bar
Buca De Bepo
Flat Iron's (near Fire Station #1)
Rbar (earlier if possible)
North Market
Barley's
Boston's (earlier the better).
Chipotle
Cotter's
Sunny Street Cafe
W.G. Grinders
B.D.'s
There is also a Mexican restaurant across the street from Bar Louie.
Michael O'Toole's. You can usually get in there. Reason is that the food is not worth the price's. Only go there as a last resort.

Those aren't the only places, but since it is New Years Eve, the key is getting down there early. A lot of people will be going down there to eat that don't normally do that since it is for a special occasion.

Buca does not reserve all of it's tables and saves some for walk up's, but you still need to get there early if you don't want to wait forever. Places like Ted's and Boston's will be full by 1630 or 1645. Most games they are full by 1715, so it will be earlier tonight.

Good luck, hope this helped.
Thanks - saw this before we left. We wanted to eat post-game and this list helped. We hung around Nationwide until they kicked us out (when you only go to a couple games a year you tend to stay longer). We checked Ted's and Boston's and ended up getting in line at Boston's. We had a table in about 10 minutes and it worked out well.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:05 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Greetings friends, I'm not sure where to put this so I will put it here.

I have 20 or so games in person under my belt now, and every time I find myself surrounded by those in Stinger crest sweaters. These people are cooler than me... I must admit. More tr00, even. I find it a gaping hole in my fandom that I do not own one of these monstrosities!

Before long, I will be putting myself through the financial and psychological hell of being a season ticket holder. And my Burgee sweater and Chill t-shirt won't be able to handle such a heavy workload.

I need some neon green, I gotta have it.

So rather than trudging through ebay or searching through shady websites, I figured I would first try a less risky venture... bothering all of you!

I'm not asking for a giveaway, willing to pay a reasonable price based on the quality of the sweater and its condition. I will need an adult small.. or a youth XL (don't judge me)

Yours in professionalism, Citrigno

[IMG]http://www.************/14%20neon%20green.jpg[/IMG]

Old
01-06-2011, 07:23 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrigno View Post

I have 20 or so games in person under my belt now, and every time I find myself surrounded by those in Stinger crest sweaters. These people are cooler than me... I must admit. More tr00, even. I find it a gaping hole in my fandom that I do not own one of these monstrosities!

Before long, I will be putting myself through the financial and psychological hell of being a season ticket holder. And my Burgee sweater and Chill t-shirt won't be able to handle such a heavy workload.

So rather than trudging through ebay or searching through shady websites, I figured I would first try a less risky venture... bothering all of you!

I'm not asking for a giveaway, willing to pay a reasonable price based on the quality of the sweater and its condition. I will need an adult small.. or a youth XL (don't judge me)

Is this the style jersey you are looking for???

Old
01-06-2011, 08:26 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrigno View Post

[IMG]http://www.************/14%20neon%20green.jpg[/IMG]
I know you did not want ebay but these deals are a little hard to pass up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-COLUMBUS-BLU...item53e546201d

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-COLUMBUS-BLU...item53e55664a5

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-COLUMBUS-BLU...item19bec280dd

http://cgi.ebay.com/Columbus-Blue-Ja...item45e4382cb3

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reebok-Columbus-...item43a420d369

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-550-SERIES-C...item5d2bff3a62

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-550-SERIES-C...item5d2bff3a73

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-COLORA...item5d2c5eee2a

Old
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

Red Wings fan here.

Some buddys and I were considering coming down to Columbus for the game on the 14th. I was wondering if the crowd was welcoming and if we should expect a sell out? Thank you.

Old
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
kirsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannzee View Post
Red Wings fan here.

Some buddys and I were considering coming down to Columbus for the game on the 14th. I was wondering if the crowd was welcoming and if we should expect a sell out? Thank you.
you will be at home... unfortunately
i think the red wings fans are much more unfriendly than the jackets fans in columbus, but not as bad as red wings fans in detroit. i am never going back there...

it will probably sell out.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
HeyYoNick8

Send a message via AIM to HeyYoNick8
Quote:
Red Wings fan here.

I'm from Detroit I'll be there for the game as well. Gotta be in town for work might as well support the Wings while I'm there.

Old
01-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Red Wings fan here.

The reaction from the crowd will depend on you. If you get drunk and start making an ass of yourself, expect some lip. If you are respectful of those around you, you probably won't be bothered.

Old
01-07-2011, 07:33 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Red Wings fan here.

Welcome. Enjoy your time here. Please leave your cephalopod mollusc in Detroit. That is most definitely not welcomed in Nationwide Arena. Besides that, be respectful of your fellow fans and you will be treated likewise.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
01-07-2011, 09:37 PM
n8lhf

Send a message via AIM to n8lhf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsi View Post
you will be at home... unfortunately
i think the red wings fans are much more unfriendly than the jackets fans in columbus, but not as bad as red wings fans in detroit. i am never going back there...

it will probably sell out.
And definitely not as bad as the Pens fans.

Old
01-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Wings fans are usually pretty decent considering that better than half of them are Jackets fans except when Detroit is in towm. That pisses me off! Anyway, there have been some specific problems with some Wings fans, but on the whole everyone gets along. Pens fans, and Sabres fans are a different story. They are bush league.

Old
01-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 300
Quote:
Red Wings fan here.

Please buy extra seats to assure of a sellout. No one will notice the extra empty seats

Old
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Bobcat110

I have a single Red Wing ticket available. $85 Face Value, Asking $30. Section 102 Row Q.

Or, you can have it for FREE with the purchase of one of the games listed below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110
Front Row, Section 205 Tickets. I have TWO tickets to most games. Great seats in Attack Twice Zone. If you are looking for FOUR tickets together, let me know what game. I might be able to obtain an extra pair from PSL neighbors.

Selling for my discounted cost of $37.50/ticket ($75/pair). Face Value is $44/ticket.

Available:
Jan 25 Ducks
Feb 1 Blackhawks
Feb 5 Oilers - GEOFF SANDERSON NIGHT
Feb 11 Avs
Feb 16 Kings
Feb 22 Preds
Mar 9 Blues
Mar 29 Panthers
I can accept Paypal and e-mail tickets from my Blue Jackets account.

Old
01-11-2011, 04:12 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
anyone want two lowers for tonight, sec 121 MM, PM me. got them in the survey, but couldn't pass up a couple of row B's.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:15 PM
wahsnairb

R Bar

I am not sure where this should be, but I am sure it will be moved for me if this is better suited in a thread already made..

I just wanted to take a second to say that my friends and I had an absolute blast at R Bar last night. The event was well organized and if anyone on here is associated with R Bar I just figured that I would let you know we will be back for any similar event in the future. It is always fun to see the players off the ice where they are just people and all three were really approachable. Hopefully with the help of Bud Light, and those of us drinking as many of them as we could, a good amount of money was raised for the Blue Jacket Foundation.

My only complaint is that there was plenty of room to move around in the bar. The next time they do something like this, those of you who are of drinking age and reading this need to come in to make the atmosphere and the event even better and more obnoxious.

Thanks again, R bar (and the players.. I know you're all going to see this ).

Old
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

mike posts on here from time to time...i'm sure he'll see it at some point...

they raised like $1700 for the foundation...so that's good

my complaint is that the team sends the same 4-5 players everytime...I've met and talked with boll, nash, and russell at those before...I was excited when I saw Ethan was to be there I was planning on going...then when he was switched it wasn't as important to go spend $50 anymore...

Old
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Hipster Letestu

The weather has made me a shut-in recently, I wanted to come down but couldn't get motivated enough to make it out of the driveway. I also always worry that the place will be mobbed and it will be pointless to go, good to know otherwise.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
The weather has made me a shut-in recently, I wanted to come down but couldn't get motivated enough to make it out of the driveway. I also always worry that the place will be mobbed and it will be pointless to go, good to know otherwise.
half of me expected it to be packed and half of me expected that poor play and poor weather would bring it back to normal.. the latter half of me was correct.

and i was not aware that it is always the same players as this is the 1st that i went to, but hopefully they will bring some others in next time.

Old
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
half of me expected it to be packed and half of me expected that poor play and poor weather would bring it back to normal.. the latter half of me was correct.

and i was not aware that it is always the same players as this is the 1st that i went to, but hopefully they will bring some others in next time.
i personally don't think they do a good enough job of promoting...only things I saw on it was a retweet and an Rbar FB posting on it...and that seems to be how it usually is...so turnout is usually fairly light...but it was cool last year to get my Nash jersey signed at it

Old
01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
I am not sure where this should be, but I am sure it will be moved for me if this is better suited in a thread already made..

I just wanted to take a second to say that my friends and I had an absolute blast at R Bar last night. The event was well organized and if anyone on here is associated with R Bar I just figured that I would let you know we will be back for any similar event in the future. It is always fun to see the players off the ice where they are just people and all three were really approachable. Hopefully with the help of Bud Light, and those of us drinking as many of them as we could, a good amount of money was raised for the Blue Jacket Foundation.

My only complaint is that there was plenty of room to move around in the bar. The next time they do something like this, those of you who are of drinking age and reading this need to come in to make the atmosphere and the event even better and more obnoxious.

Thanks again, R bar (and the players.. I know you're all going to see this ).
My daughter and some of her college girlfriends were there last night.
Said Boll wasn't having a good time, but otherwise they really enjoyed it.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Ducks fan here. I am going to be in Columbus at the end of the month for work and was planning on going to the Ducks Jackets game on the 25th. Can you guys tell me what sections are near the visitors bench in your arena? Also, is it better to be in the lower section or are the seat in the upper section good as well?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:32 PM
jktsfan*

Lower bowl 104 is directly in the visiting bench area. Row A would be closest and then b next closest and so on. Sec. 103 would be home bench. Parts of 105 are still close to the visitors bench. Not many bad seats at all in Nationwide but if you want upper bowl (cheaper of course) stick to 215 through 218 and 201 through 205 for a better experience. Enjoy the game.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:33 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
My daughter and some of her college girlfriends were there last night.
Said Boll wasn't having a good time, but otherwise they really enjoyed it.
Ya, we noticed that too. He seemed a little cranky when he was playing pool.

Old
01-13-2011, 06:20 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Ducks fan here. I am going to be in Columbus at the end of the month for work and was planning on going to the Ducks Jackets game on the 25th. Can you guys tell me what sections are near the visitors bench in your arena? Also, is it better to be in the lower section or are the seat in the upper section good as well?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Nationwide Arena

Closed Thread