HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

These 10 Flames players

Old
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
flameaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odgersfan83 View Post
These are always my favorite threads. The old "You can't have our good players but please give us something for our scraps".

But seriously, why is it that Flames fans want to rebuild but yet don't want to get rid of a 33 year old Iginla? Is it a sentimental thing? If the rebuild is done right he'll be 35-36 and off his current contract when you're a cup threat.

If Calgary truly wants to rebuild and bring in young talent, Iginla should be the most valuable trade piece.
Oh, I completely agree. I'm just going by what Feaster has said publicly since taking over from Sutter.

Out of the core guys, outside chance you might see Regehr get traded. Kiprusoff I think might go in the summer, followed by Iginla possibly next season (2012.)

Just a gut feeling/educated guess.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:05 PM
odgersfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Oh, I completely agree. I'm just going by what Feaster has said publicly since taking over from Sutter.

Out of the core guys, outside chance you might see Regehr get traded. Kiprusoff I think might go in the summer, followed by Iginla possibly next season (2012.)

Just a gut feeling/educated guess.
Yea, I just read about Feaster's comments in another thread.

I don't want to down-play Iginla's skill and contributions to the organization but I really think Calgary needs to bite the bullet and deal Iginla soon to max out on the return value. He'd be a valuable piece on any team and would get back very high-end prospects/high draft picks.

odgersfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:07 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Jokinen and Babchuk a 5th?!?! Sarich a 4th?! Holy **** man.
Addition by subtraction. I'll be happy to just get rid of those contacts.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by odgersfan83 View Post
Yea, I just read about Feaster's comments in another thread.

I don't want to down-play Iginla's skill and contributions to the organization but I really think Calgary needs to bite the bullet and deal Iginla soon to max out on the return value. He'd be a valuable piece on any team and would get back very high-end prospects/high draft picks.
Although I think trading Iginla would be the best decision for the team, I believe that Feaster knows that moving Iggy out of town is the fastest way to losing support from the fans and local media.

Iggy won't be traded because Feaster wants to remain popular and hopefully keep his job.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
odgersfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
Although I think trading Iginla would be the best decision for the team, I believe that Feaster knows that moving Iggy out of town is the fastest way to losing support from the fans and local media.
Iggy won't be traded because Feaster wants to remain popular and hopefully keep his job.
When Kovalchuk signed with Jersey the fans in Atlanta felt similar, like without our superstar, franchise player, we'd be lost.

The young core of players we got back has worked out very well.

I would think the Calgary fans are so passionate that they'd continue to support the team.

odgersfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Addition by subtraction. I'll be happy to just get rid of those contacts.
i like olli at under 2 mil.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=858958

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Signature
Unsustainable™

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Jokinen and Babchuk a 5th?!?! Sarich a 4th?! Holy **** man.
He needs to stop drinking that Flameahol. His "educated guess" is at about the level of a second grader on some of this pick evaluations... your opinion on a contract =/= trade value and how desperate you want to get a player out. Not to mention, Jokinen's been playing well for the money he makes.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:

F Curtis Glencross (3rd round draft pick)
F Niklas Hagman (3rd round draft pick)
F Olli Jokinen (5th round draft pick)
F Ales Kotalik (7th round draft pick)
F Brendan Morrison (5th round draft pick)
F David Moss (4th round draft pick)
F Matt Stajan (3rd round draft pick)
F Alex Tanguay (3rd round draft pick)
D Anton Babchuk (5th round draft pick)
D Cory Sarich (4th round draft pick)

Any takers?
Glencross = 2nd round pick
Hagman = 2nd round pick + B level prospect
Jokinen = Wouldn't move him, but would be looking for atleast a 2nd.
Kotalik = Tough contract to move
Morrison = 3rd round pick
Stajan = Keep for the time being.
Tanguay = Late first, or 2nd + 3rd
Babchuck = 2nd round pick ( would like to see him resigned 2-3 years )
Sarich - 3rd + or keep him. ( Possibly late 2nd from contender )

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
FLAMESTR

Quote:
Jay Feaster has already come out and said he's looking to shed some salary and add some draft picks for this June's entry draft. With the core - Jarome Iginla, Miikka Kiprusoff, Jay Bouwmeester, and Robyn Regehr - unlikely to be traded this season, what do you think is the value of these following 10 players? I have included what I believe is their value (in terms of draft picks) in brackets.

F Curtis Glencross (3rd round draft pick)
F Niklas Hagman (3rd round draft pick)
F Olli Jokinen (5th round draft pick)
F Ales Kotalik (7th round draft pick)
F Brendan Morrison (5th round draft pick)
F David Moss (4th round draft pick)
F Matt Stajan (3rd round draft pick)
F Alex Tanguay (3rd round draft pick)
D Anton Babchuk (5th round draft pick)
D Cory Sarich (4th round draft pick)

Any takers?
Glencross I think we could get a high third or late 2nd
Stajan if can get someone to take him I will go dancing in the street
Babchuck I would want a 3rd and a b prospect
Tangs 3rd and a prospect
Sariach Would rather keep him
Morrison for fifth would be good
Hagmen for 2nd would be good
I would trade Bourque over Olli
Kotalik no one will take him.

FLAMESTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
You are putting too much value on 4th round and later picks. The odds of them developing into any kind of full time NHL are very low. If you are hoping for a rebuild by acquiring a ton of late round picks you will disappointed.
Exactly....

Look at the Flames draft record for the lower rounds in the last 10 yrs...how many real NHLer there? probably a couple thugs....

They still have the same scouting staff....trading players for picks is a waste of time.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Stedman49

Edm will gladly take glencross for a#3rd. Never should have let that guy go.

Stedman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:40 AM
foshizzle11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
Exactly....

Look at the Flames draft record for the lower rounds in the last 10 yrs...how many real NHLer there? probably a couple thugs....

They still have the same scouting staff....trading players for picks is a waste of time.
Yes, the flames need a new philosophy. they need to trade for proven prospects right now, that is the only way they can have some success or a chance at a rebuild.

foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:49 AM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
Exactly....

They don't have the same scouting staff. They let at least 3 go in 2010. I'm sure others have changed over the years.

Some of their lower picks from the last couple of years could work out (like a Bouma or Patterson). They won't be superstars, but they'll have a shot which is all you can ask from that position. Their last 2-3 drafts haven't actually been that awful - considering all the picks they traded away.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Olli Jokinen to Capitals for Perrault
No thanks. I think the Caps would much prefer to keep Perreault, who's making 1/4 the money and doesn't have a NMC attached to him. Even after he signs a new contract as an RFA, he'll still be making half of what Jokinen gets paid.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:37 AM
stanleyorbust

Caputi and 4th for either Jokinen or Hagman?

stanleyorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Wow...the OP is seriously out to lunch on of his assesment of the Flames. Most of the players listed would get 1-2 picks higher than what he listed.

What gets me is the Flames actually have quite a talented team. Sure they lack elite talent, but they have quality guys no question. For whatever reason it has gone bad in Calgary, and there needs to be a big time change. I think if alot of our players got moved, their production would go up. Our defence for example never plays to expectation, Hamrlik and Aucoin are prime examples of this.

I think Glencross, Hagman, Jokinen, Moss, Tanguay, Babchuk and Sarich all bring in at least 2nd rounders alone, some of them mid level prospects. Morrison could fetch a 3rd, Staios (not included in the OP) a 4th. Kotalik can't be traded, and Stajan would likely need to be packaged with someone to be moved with how he is currently playing.

And Iggy, Kipper, Regehr and Bouw are not untouchable. Feaster would never publicly say he was planning on trading them if those were his intentions. No one knows what will happen, but I think its safe to say 1 of big 4 are probably as good as gone by the deadline. And I think for sure a 1st rounder will be coming back, unless a top end prospect is the target.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
HuskyFlames

If moore year after year seems to net 2nd round picks, than guys like Glencross, tanguay, Morrison would most likely net a second round pick for top 9 depth players on a team looking for a playoff run.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote