HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers looking to make another deal

Old
01-11-2011, 11:52 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Very physical. I would take him.

I would probably actually rather see a Philips, Hejda, Brewer, Carkner brought in over a Pitkanen, Kaberle type. Considering the firepower in the East, I would rather put together a second "shut-down" pairing over having an offensive defenseman who will take 3-4 weeks to gain chemistry with their teammates anyways.
I like that idea but we need help on the PP as well. It would be nice to kill two birds w/ 1 stone if we could.

I guess we can see how we play up to the deadline before we really know out biggest needs.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Why would you trade MZA for a rental? Makes no sense. We have no idea what Wolski will bring and we need the offensive depth that MZA provides, particularly with Callahan, EC and Frolov out.

Salo may not be back and Bieksa has picked up his game. I doubt he gets traded. The rest is just silly.

I want no part of Commodore, half price or otherwise. The guy has 2 years left on his contract and isn't good enough to play in the Blue Jackets' top 6. Pass.

In what way? He's UFA at year's end. Whoever we bring in is likely to get significant minutes. He won't block the kids any more than any other dman we might bring in.
I thought he had a few years left. But even so, even if he is UFA at seasons end. What else is he going to bring to the table? More specifically, if you can have him, or Bieska for nothing more than picks why Phillips over Bieska?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I thought he had a few years left. But even so, even if he is UFA at seasons end. What else is he going to bring to the table? More specifically, if you can have him, or Bieska for nothing more than picks why Phillips over Bieska?
I don't think Bieksa is going to get traded.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Beiska isn't going anywhere - especially not with the Canucks lighting up the league for the past two months. It doesn't make sense for them. At all.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Anyone else notice we're talking about a bunch of has-beens who don't seem to give a flying ******* where they are anymore?.
Seriously. I thought I stumbled across a thread from 2007 as I'm reading through some of these proposals. I mean, someone wanna chime in with Chelios or Blake proposal while we're at it?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:16 PM
pwoz

Philips will cost too much.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Levitate

Don't get Bieska...he's a defensive nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I don't think people understand how good Philips is.
Was. Not sure he's at the top of his game anymore.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:23 PM
BringBackLibertys

Play the kids! Trades be damned!

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Sather sounds committed to going with the kids. Unless some cant refuse deal comes calling I dont see them deviating from this gameplan

agreed...I think what you'll most likely see Sather do is stand pat or pick up another Eminger type damn

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

I dont really get this, everyone crys for the youth movement, we get it. Sather takes the next step in ridding us of roszival whose stock was inevitably going down, dumping a bad contract and an aging vet for scoring depth and a potentially good player. So now rosziv is gone and so is his cap and now were crying for anotherveteran nobody who can't cut it with the jackets, panthers etc, I really don't get it it's like we want roszival back because his cap was pretty similar to any veteran guy were going to get back in a trade. Rather than faze out roszival trade him at the deadline or draft he did it now, speeding up the process and spearheading the youth movement on defense. Is it that much of a risk to play with
Staal-girardi
Sauer-eminger
Gilroy-mcd
Until del zotto comes back? They've been doing fine recently; a veteran isn't a must have, the defense isn't going to go to shambles because roszival and his leadership is gone. And does anybody even know to what extent he was a leader? Just being around for a while and being one of the older guys doesn't make anybody a leader IMO. I think staal,girardi and eminger have enough presence in the locker room amongst the defensive players, but maybe that's just me.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Rangers44*

Cory Sarich? Any thoughts? Calgary sucks, and he played under Tort and is big and physical.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:26 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Don't get Bieska...he's a defensive nightmare

Was. Not sure he's at the top of his game anymore.
He is. I have caught quite a few Ottawa games this year on CBC and TSN. There team sucks. They are constantly pinned in their own zone and he is paired with Gonchar who is a huge liability in his own zone at 36.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:36 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i see us sitting tight for a bit. were fortunate to have played well enough that were in the catbird seat point wise. plenty of time to make another move for a dman.

i say we play what we have now. perhaps we bring mdz back up or maybe we give vtank a shot at a few games. we also have kundratek. lets see what these guys can do as they are rotated in when someone needs a break or has an injury.

as long as staal/giradi and eminger/sauer stay healthy- and can cointinue to log tons of minutes- why not? they are all young, we can play gilroy and mcd as the 3rd pair.

if things start to go south, or we need more bodies, lets rotate in mdz and vtank for a looksee.

i fully expect us to wait a bit and start the process of targeting the right vet dman for the playoff run.

were in a good place right now. no need to rush into anything.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:39 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I dont really get this, everyone crys for the youth movement, we get it. Sather takes the next step in ridding us of roszival whose stock was inevitably going down, dumping a bad contract and an aging vet for scoring depth and a potentially good player. So now rosziv is gone and so is his cap and now were crying for anotherveteran nobody who can't cut it with the jackets, panthers etc, I really don't get it it's like we want roszival back because his cap was pretty similar to any veteran guy were going to get back in a trade. Rather than faze out roszival trade him at the deadline or draft he did it now, speeding up the process and spearheading the youth movement on defense. Is it that much of a risk to play with
Staal-girardi
Sauer-eminger
Gilroy-mcd
Until del zotto comes back? They've been doing fine recently; a veteran isn't a must have, the defense isn't going to go to shambles because roszival and his leadership is gone. And does anybody even know to what extent he was a leader? Just being around for a while and being one of the older guys doesn't make anybody a leader IMO. I think staal,girardi and eminger have enough presence in the locker room amongst the defensive players, but maybe that's just me.
Good teams know that in order to really win and help develop the younger players, veterans are needed. Pretty simple, really.

Personally, I'm not too confident with Eminger and Sauer as our 2nd pairing. Adding another guy would really balance things out.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:43 PM
XLJ

Kaberle is a player that would interest me he would improve our team. He is a great passer and he will help our powerplay. Tyutin would be another player that would help us.

Some of these names people are throwing out there just don’t interest me. Guys like Commodore, McCabe, Carkner, and Komi. I honestly believe our kids right now will be just as good if not better than those guys. I don't want to block a young defensemen like McDonagh from gaining experience for those guys. If we do trade for a defensemen lets get one that will actually improve our team.

Last edited by XLJ: 01-11-2011 at 12:49 PM.
XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:45 PM
proper animal
Sorry by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Anyone else notice we're talking about a bunch of has-beens who don't seem to give a flying ******* where they are anymore?.
This is a New York Rangers thread, isn't it? Hah, but yeah, I agree with you.

proper animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Kaberle is a player that would interest me he would improve our team. He is a great passer and he will help our powerplay. Tyutin would be another player that would help us.

Some of these names people are throwing out there just donít interest me. Guys like Commodore, McCabe, Carkner, and Komi. I honestly believe our kids right now will be just as good if not better than those guys. I don't want to block a young defensemen like McDonagh from gaining experience for those guys.
McDonagh has been average thus far. He hasnt been bad, but he hasnt been good. He hasnt really stood out. And that's fine because its not an easy transition to the speed of the NHL. He's just doing his job right now. I think you might see Sather and Torts let McD play up until the deadline, which is about a month away, and then they'll go out and get a veteran defenseman. Like every other college player, they are not used to playing this many games in a year. He probably will wear down, though I hope not. It is the same thing that worries me about Stepan. I dont see the rangers going into the playoffs with all these young players on the blue line.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Cory Sarich? Any thoughts? Calgary sucks, and he played under Tort and is big and physical.
He's got a 3.6M hit and I think is signed through next year. He seems refreshed from the Flames games I've watched this year (still playing that nasty game, and playing very well in the defensive zone), but it's the 2nd year on the contract that makes him an unattractive option.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

The only guy that might be available that I'm even remotely interested in is Kaberle.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I need a rangerboy update on a possible deadline cap situation with Frolov on IR, 1.2 mil less and Boogaard on IR. What are we looking at to work with here?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
bubba5

While I agree we need to play the kids, the playoffs are a different animal and you do need some veteran presence in the room to keep things running smoothly.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I need a rangerboy update on a possible deadline cap situation with Frolov on IR, 1.2 mil less and Boogaard on IR. What are we looking at to work with here?
Approximately 10 million at the deadline. Capgeek had added a deadline cap chart.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
TreeSapLlama

Kaberle, Bieksa, Phillips, in that order.

I don't think I would want any of them as a rental, however. People mentioning that Bieksa probably won't be traded are partially right in that Vancouver has been playing tremendous hockey and would be dumb to break up such a good thing, but Salo is still better then Bieksa and is healthy soon. They need to shed a significant amount of money. It would be Bieksa or Ballard more then likely.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Approximately 10 million at the deadline. Capgeek had added a deadline cap chart.
Wow. Well that makes a rental relatively easy then, doesnt it.

Kaberle would be a great pickup for this team. So would Richards. Question is, how much would we have to give.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Wow. Well that makes a rental relatively easy then, doesnt it.

Kaberle would be a great pickup for this team. So would Richards. Question is, how much would we have to give.
Around $10 million in cap space? Hellloooooo Rick Nash

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote