HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings looking for big splash

Old
01-11-2011, 01:13 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
How about looking at this from another angle:

To LA: Gagner
To EDM: Schenn + Hickey

Gagner doesn't really have much chemistry with most current Oiler wingers, but still produces which is a testament to his skill.

LA shores up their top six with a budding top 6 center in Gagner, who's developed enough to be able to help LA now and in the future, as opposed to Schenn who may be a year or two away from helping to any degree.

Oilers get two things they hope pan out: A top 6 center with size, and a solid defenseman who moves the puck well in Hickey. Oilers would really be rolling the dice here, but I would trust Stu MacGregor's word if he were to tell Tambs that Schenn is for real.

This could be expanded to include Penner, but would likely have to involve an LA roster player, such as Stoll as a possible example.
Gagner? Sam Gagner? For Schenn and Hickey? Thats is just awful

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:14 AM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
lol not even worth a comment..

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:17 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
lol not even worth a comment..
If Schenn is traded it will be in a package for a first line winger. Case closed.

Old
01-11-2011, 01:19 AM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
How about looking at this from another angle:

To LA: Gagner
To EDM: Schenn + Hickey

Gagner doesn't really have much chemistry with most current Oiler wingers, but still produces which is a testament to his skill.

LA shores up their top six with a budding top 6 center in Gagner, who's developed enough to be able to help LA now and in the future, as opposed to Schenn who may be a year or two away from helping to any degree.

Oilers get two things they hope pan out: A top 6 center with size, and a solid defenseman who moves the puck well in Hickey. Oilers would really be rolling the dice here, but I would trust Stu MacGregor's word if he were to tell Tambs that Schenn is for real.

This could be expanded to include Penner, but would likely have to involve an LA roster player, such as Stoll as a possible example.
Wow, awful.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:20 AM
TYayo

haha i'm on your side..meant not even worth a comment to the guy who suggested it

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:21 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
haha i'm on your side..meant not even worth a comment to the guy who suggested it
Ahhh, sorry about that. I read that wrong

Old
01-11-2011, 04:53 AM
rigger

Quote:
Not that I think its a great trade proposal or anything but I starting to think Schenn is getting vastly over rated here. He's a great prospect but has yet to out perform Gagner or Hemsky at their same levels. Schenn for Hemsky straight across is a bad move for edmonton. Hemsky is comparable to Kopitar is skill set, less of a goal scorer and more of a set up guy, he's good defensively, plays PK and is a ppg player on a bad team with a + rating.

Sam Gagner had scored 60 point in the NHL at this time in his career while Schenn has lit up the WJC and the WHL Gagner was in the NHL.

I like Schenn a lot but lets put things in perspective here. Schenn is not a sure thing, Hemsky is a proven stud.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 06:22 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
As a guy who watched the Kings lose to Toronto tonight.... one of the most pressing issues has to be speed. While they obviously dominate along the boards and control the play against a smaller team like Toronto, they're basically a non-threat when it comes to a rush offence. Toronto could apply 3 or 4 man offensive pressure without the worry of surrendering a 2on1, and even if they did, they were quick enough to get back.

If they can get a guy who has big time acceleration and can make at full speed, it would force teams to sit back more against them, and with that size, you'd be looking at a very dominant team.
This ^^^

Need a speedy winger with Kopi-Brown, and we need to get a better 4th line, even if they only play a few minutes a game. Westie/Lewis/Poni/Richie just arent going to cut it.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:36 AM
oilers1084

Only on the hfbaords is a prospect worth a proven NHL player, I wish people would stop overrating there prospects on these forums, it's not even funny any more.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Not that I think its a great trade proposal or anything but I starting to think Schenn is getting vastly over rated here. He's a great prospect but has yet to out perform Gagner or Hemsky at their same levels. Schenn for Hemsky straight across is a bad move for edmonton. Hemsky is comparable to Kopitar is skill set, less of a goal scorer and more of a set up guy, he's good defensively, plays PK and is a ppg player on a bad team with a + rating.

Sam Gagner had scored 60 point in the NHL at this time in his career while Schenn has lit up the WJC and the WHL Gagner was in the NHL.

I like Schenn a lot but lets put things in perspective here. Schenn is not a sure thing, Hemsky is a proven stud.
Gagner still hasnt broken 50 pts in his career and youre not going to get two of a teams top prospects for him. Especially when one of them is a top prospect in the game today.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Yeah, not nearly enough for Gagner.

I jest, but actually do feel like Schenn is being overvalued here. Gagner is only 21 and is already a good second liner (first liner on an awful Oilers team). He probably hasn't hit his peak yet. I seriously doubt that I would trade him for Schenn, as I see them having similar upside, but Gagner has actually proven that he can stick in the NHL. Schenns WJC performance looks to have blinded some people around here.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
static80

I still like Vanek for LA.
He would be an impact winger for Kopitar.
Expensive? Yes, sure he is, but well worth it given the production he would have with a center like Kopitar.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote