HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CANADIENS@RANGERS Jan. 11th 7:00PM RDS TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
  #26
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,215
vCash: 50
interesting Auld starting but I am okay with it
Need a huge game from Price tomorrow vs the Croswhinerless Penguins

Go Habs Go!

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 11:42 AM
  #27
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
interesting Auld starting but I am okay with it
Need a huge game from Price tomorrow vs the Croswhinerless Penguins

Go Habs Go!
I'm ok with it as well, would have probably went with Price tonight and Auld tomorrow though but it's no big deal as we will win both games

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
  #28
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Oh. my. gAuld.

Vanek20 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
  #29
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
pens don't win **** without crosby. i'd play sanford tomorrow.

HarlemsFinest is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
  #30
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,215
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Oh. my. gAuld.
it begins and I Lauld

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 12:06 PM
  #31
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,004
vCash: 500
I knew Picard would be scratched after being on the ice for Boston's two goals and being directly responsible for the first one.

My concern tonight is will Avery get to PK's head. Because we all know he'll try.


That and will we score a goal?

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 12:09 PM
  #32
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,328
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
My concern tonight is will Avery get to PK's head. Because we all know he'll try.
Wiz is on it


hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
  #33
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I know Drury slowed down in the past couple of seasons, didn't know it was that bad
He got hurt in camp, then missed the first two games and got hurt again the first game he played.

When he finally came back Torts has pretty much been using him as a 4th liner, a PKer (one of our best), and a guy who takes big face offs for us (something we're terrible at so he is valuable).

Drury also has been the guy who jumps up a line whenever someone leaves the ice for injury or whatever.

Torts pretty much sees what we all have the past few years, and it's that Drury has very little offensive prowess left in him.

He's our Captain, and a great team guy who never complains and does whatever is asked of him.

Right now all that is is 4th line minutes, penalty kill, and big face offs.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 12:27 PM
  #34
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Wiz is on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I knew Picard would be scratched after being on the ice for Boston's two goals and being directly responsible for the first one.

My concern tonight is will Avery get to PK's head. Because we all know he'll try.


That and will we score a goal?

LOL.

I don't think Avery will try to be honest. Like I mentioned, he really hasn't been doing any of that stuff this year. Believe it or not.

He'll still yap but that's about it.

He either won't get enough ice time on the 4th line to do much of anything, or if he's playing with Gabby and Anisimov (which I don't know if he will with Wolski coming in) he won't want to jeopardize his opportunity for top 6 minutes by doing something stupid that pisses Torts off.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
  #35
knuck
On and off fan
 
knuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
I just saw that Avery earns 4 millions a year.... WTF

knuck is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
  #36
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,328
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
I just saw that Avery earns 4 millions a year.... WTF
Thank Brett Hull for that one.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
  #37
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
I just saw that Avery earns 4 millions a year.... WTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Thank Brett Hull for that one.

Seriously. That contract is probably the only reason Sather ever let Avery leave in the first place. He loves Sean but when Hull offered that he was like, seriously?

It's also why he had no issue claiming him on re-entry from Dallas.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
  #38
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,002
vCash: 500
Weber in, Picard out.



I like Picard, but he screws up the pairings by making Spacek move back to right. Spacek is 10x the player on the left side.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:38 PM
  #39
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25
 
Habs4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: India
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
HIO is stating that Ryan McDonagh will be in the starting lineup for the Rangers tonight.

Habs4Lyfe is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
  #40
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
I expect a bit of a modified trap for this matchup. Something similar to what they played against Philly last season, two wingers high pressuring the breakout and the center taking the slack between the bluelines.

I haven't watched NY very much this season, but man, that defense looks weak on paper.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:43 PM
  #41
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Seriously. That contract is probably the only reason Sather ever let Avery leave in the first place. He loves Sean but when Hull offered that he was like, seriously?

It's also why he had no issue claiming him on re-entry from Dallas.
I don't think Sather can ever say ''seriously??'' when he offered Gomez that deal, which Gainey was stupid enough to take off his hand, and made an even worse deal for Drury.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 01:51 PM
  #42
Habit11
Registered User
 
Habit11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Not that Auld isn't capable of playing well tonight, but Price should be in against a team they are directly chasing in the standings. These 2 points tonight are very important, and since the Habs struggle on the road, you have to go with your starter who is going to give you a better chance to win. Auld at home vs. a struggling Pens' team tomorrow would make more sense, IMO, and then you come back with Price again against the Rangers on Saturday.

Habit11 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:00 PM
  #43
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Not that Auld isn't capable of playing well tonight, but Price should be in against a team they are directly chasing in the standings. These 2 points tonight are very important, and since the Habs struggle on the road, you have to go with your starter who is going to give you a better chance to win. Auld at home vs. a struggling Pens' team tomorrow would make more sense, IMO, and then you come back with Price again against the Rangers on Saturday.
Does it really matter though? Pittsburgh is a better team at the end of the day.

Keep in mind that Auld played for the Rangers recently, he will be up for this game in MSG.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:01 PM
  #44
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,466
vCash: 500
Habs are gonna need a big game from Plekanec...i've found that he's been off his game, at least offensively, the last month or so. I know there's been alot of talk about AK46's/Cammy's play lately, but I think the play of their center has alot to do with their struggles as well.

He needs to pick up his game

417 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
  #45
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 500
Auld jokes never get Auld.

Well, I think Habs will win 3-1. Even without Cammy and Price.

The Russian General is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
  #46
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,215
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Does it really matter though? Pittsburgh is a better team at the end of the day.

Keep in mind that Auld played for the Rangers recently, he will be up for this game in MSG.
Not without cros***** they arent
that havnt done ANYTHING since he has been hurt

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
  #47
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,043
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Not without cros***** they arent
that havnt done ANYTHING since he has been hurt
All it takes is for Malkin to wake the hell up.

But like my wife said last night as we were watching the Boston-Pittsburgh game, "Without Crosby, they look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off".

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
  #48
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Not that Auld isn't capable of playing well tonight, but Price should be in against a team they are directly chasing in the standings. These 2 points tonight are very important, and since the Habs struggle on the road, you have to go with your starter who is going to give you a better chance to win. Auld at home vs. a struggling Pens' team tomorrow would make more sense, IMO, and then you come back with Price again against the Rangers on Saturday.
I know most fans feel the same way, but we usually suck against back ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think Sather can ever say ''seriously??'' when he offered Gomez that deal, which Gainey was stupid enough to take off his hand, and made an even worse deal for Drury.
Even Sather knows Avery's not worth 4 million per...I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
HIO is stating that Ryan McDonagh will be in the starting lineup for the Rangers tonight.
Yes McDonagh should be making his 3rd NHL start paired alongside Matt Gilroy.

ruckus* is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM
  #49
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Not without cros***** they arent
that havnt done ANYTHING since he has been hurt
It doesn't really matter man. Its one game, and they always play us hard. And personally, I believe Pittsburgh is a better team than NY with or without Crosby.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 02:10 PM
  #50
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,215
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
All it takes is for Malkin to wake the hell up.

But like my wife said last night as we were watching the Boston-Pittsburgh game, "Without Crosby, they look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off".
True enough but malkin just like his buddy on the caps havent done **** ALL year long and it is half over already.... my feeling is if they were going to break a slump that would have come and gone ages ago

King Woodballs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.