HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Old
12-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I just saw this update too. I still think they needed another callup. As I said elsewhere, I was totally fine for Belak playing against the Blues yesterday (actually all Blues games is fine with me), but he definitely should not be playing now. Klasen slotted in an offensive role as Trotz played him is good, but "probable" for Legwand doesn't mean "definitely" so the Preds are potentially going short again. Can't imagine Erat plays since he didn't practice. Legwand only adds defense even if he does play, so were is the offense going to come from with Erat and Sullivan missing and only the unproven Klasen "replacing" one of them?
Oh, let's not start that argument here again.

Legwand coming back should allow Wilson to move up into a top-six scoring role. Legwand is a round peg in this lineup that helps turn other square pegs into round ones. The lineup flows much better with him in there than without and there's no arguing that he has Trotz's trust whereas Dumont himself (the ultimate square peg on this team) has said that the coaching staff doesn't trust him...

Personally, I'd like to see...

Wilson - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Klasen - Goc - Kostitsyn
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Tootoo - Spaling - Dumont

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Oh, let's not start that argument here again.

Legwand coming back should allow Wilson to move up into a top-six scoring role. Legwand is a round peg in this lineup that helps turn other square pegs into round ones. The lineup flows much better with him in there than without and there's no arguing that he has Trotz's trust whereas Dumont himself (the ultimate square peg on this team) has said that the coaching staff doesn't trust him...

Personally, I'd like to see...

Wilson - O'Reilly - Hornqvist
Klasen - Goc - Kostitsyn
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Tootoo - Spaling - Dumont
It wasn't a Legwand Deadhorse argument at all. My point is Erat and Sullivan are out, and Poile has brought up Klasen to "replace" one of those guys. Legwand doesn't add anything offensively other than allowing somebody to move to another line. By not making roster changes, the offense, severely challenged at best, is still missing a player to replace one of the Erat/Sullivan holes. Sullivan is out for awhile (at least) and Erat, if he comes back tomorrow, is still battling that season long back injury so who knows how effective he can be. That's why I'm asking who is going to provide the offense on this team without another move. Legwand replaces one of the Erat/Sullivan spots out of the twelve F positions, but that doesn't add any offense.

I can't argue with the lines you propose. However, the Wil -O- Horny line has produced exactly 2 G and 1 A between them in five games with O'Reilly regressing tremendously in his game (yeah I know, nobody is scoring, but you get my point.) The Euro line should be left alone and allowed to see what they can do. I know that Trotz would clone the Smith - Leg -Ward line if he could, but lets be honest-----right now Ward is an embarrassment on the ice. That leaves the bottom lines with two very good defenders (Smithson and Legwand), a good defensive player (Spaling) an agitator (Tootoo) a ten thumbed, two left footed hack (Ward) and some other guy (Dumont).

That's not alot of scoring punch, is it?

Edit: Scratch Tootoo and Chris Mueller signed, available for Dallas tomorrow. I guess a player was added afterall.

Last edited by Preds Partisan: 12-27-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Because there was news
Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Tootoo is now out for an undetermined amount of time.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 03:49 PM
cleangene

And the beat goes on..... the beat goes on............

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
Klasen

So what happens on Tuesday if Erat is back? Does he take Klasen's spot while Mueller takes Tootoo's spot? Or might Klasen still play?

thanks

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:48 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
So what happens on Tuesday if Erat is back? Does he take Klasen's spot while Mueller takes Tootoo's spot? Or might Klasen still play?

thanks
He might. I'd like to see this:

Erat-Goc-Kostitsyn
Klasen-O'Reilly-Wilson
Dumont-Legwand-Hornqvist
Spaling-Smithson-Mueller

... with Ward riding pine, like he should have a couple of weeks ago.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Erat and Sullivan are both on IR officially.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
if anyone else has been following "wake up kitty" on youtube.... this makes me want to say what sylvester says....

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Right now we have 93 man games missed this year. We have been missing on average 2.6 players a game What makes this worse is only 4 forwards have played in all the games, two of them are Ward and Smithson.

Apparently Paul McCann says we lost 102 man games so far this year, I didn't add in Franson and there were guys like Tootoo and Kostitsyn who seemed to be healthy scratches so thats probably were the difference was.

Last edited by Webersmashpuck: 12-28-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if anyone else has been following "wake up kitty" on youtube.... this makes me want to say what sylvester says....
Thanks for letting me know about the "wake up kitty series" that is funny

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Legwand doesn't add anything offensively other than allowing somebody to move to another line.
Of course he adds offensively. He helps a lot to get the puck up ice for one thing. He's made a couple pretty feeds this year. His 7 points in 6 games in the playoffs last year shows us that he can bring scoring when not saddled with Smithson and Ward. Legwand would help this offense. Unless he's not 100%.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Of course he adds offensively. He helps a lot to get the puck up ice for one thing. He's made a couple pretty feeds this year. His 7 points in 6 games in the playoffs last year shows us that he can bring scoring when not saddled with Smithson and Ward. Legwand would help this offense. Unless he's not 100%.
We'll never know because: 1.) he's hurt and 2.) Trotz won't put him with anybody.

That post was so yesterday, but since you brought it up, the point I was making was that with Erat and Sullivan hurt (both scorers) only bringing up Klasen filled one vacancy leaving one scoring spot empty. Legwand (if he played) wasn't taking one of those scoring roles since Trotz plays him for defensive purposes.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:44 AM
OpenWheel

I saw you explaining your point. But it doesn't make sense to claim that bringing back one of our better players doesn't "add". Of course it does. It doesn't replace Sully or Erat, but it adds offense. Because Trotz has shown signs this year of trying people with Legwand who can play offensively. He had Wilson with him a couple games even. And he certainly will use Leggy more for offense right now when we are so offensively challenged. But yeah, the cupboard is sort of bare. I'm not convinced Klasen will score more than he gives up but he's about all they had in Milwaukee to try. Bring Josi up and play him at forward.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Sorry if this was asked already but what is the timetable for Lombardis return. I know hes out indefinitely, but is he expected to be back anytime in the next month? Like his game really sucks to be out

BTW your team deserved a W tonight. Played good

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Sorry if this was asked already but what is the timetable for Lombardis return. I know hes out indefinitely, but is he expected to be back anytime in the next month? Like his game really sucks to be out

BTW your team deserved a W tonight. Played good
Thanks!

Unfortunately, Lombardi is still completely shut down and there hasn't been an update to indicate any progress recently...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

No prob. And oh that stinks

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
cleangene

Does anyone have any timetable for the return of Sully and/or Erat??? I just briefly heard Willy D. mention on the zone that Nic should be back tomorrow, but NOTHING on #26 or #10.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Does anyone have any timetable for the return of Sully and/or Erat??? I just briefly heard Willy D. mention on the zone that Nic should be back tomorrow, but NOTHING on #26 or #10.
brent petersen was on 104.5 tonight. Said Erat was only on the ice today for maybe the first time since being out for several weeks. Sounded like at least a week away or more.
Never said anything about sully, kind of ducked that question as i recall.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I remember asking before when it was published that sully was seeing a doctor in St Louis if he had a sports hernia. I would bet that is in fact what he has, which of course would be just terrible news.

Old
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I remember asking before when it was published that sully was seeing a doctor in St Louis if he had a sports hernia. I would bet that is in fact what he has, which of course would be just terrible news.
isn't a sports hernia one of those things you can't rest and work through though?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:44 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Hey Preds fan,
A cbj fan here asking what you all think are the odds Sullivan is healthy soon. He is on my fantasy team I just wanna know if i should keep him or drop him???? Thanks for the help

CentreKeeper12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1706
Any status report on Matthew Lombardi (i.e., season done... maybe career)?

Regards,

Senators fan

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:55 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
isn't a sports hernia one of those things you can't rest and work through though?
well, I dont know, but I would think if conservative treatment never worked then everyone who has one would have surgery immediately and i know thats not the case so i suppose some people try to work through them.

in retrospect its kind of amazing we had sully healthy for this long anyway.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:04 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
Any status report on Matthew Lombardi (i.e., season done... maybe career)?

Regards,

Senators fan
See the post 5 or 6 above yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Thanks!

Unfortunately, Lombardi is still completely shut down and there hasn't been an update to indicate any progress recently...

Last edited by utmfisher19: 01-12-2011 at 01:06 PM.
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote