HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Gregg Sheppard

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Gregg Sheppard

Anyone else remember him? Always loved watching him play. Wasn't real big but a smart player who could do many things well. I grew up not too far from where he's from, so always followed his career (Garnet Bailey's too).

That Bruin team he played on was pretty deep, but he always played. Just missed the Cup seasons but he was a player.

Anyone remember Gregg Sheppard?

Old
06-29-2005, 08:27 PM
reckoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide
Anyone else remember him? Always loved watching him play. Wasn't real big but a smart player who could do many things well. I grew up not too far from where he's from, so always followed his career (Garnet Bailey's too).

That Bruin team he played on was pretty deep, but he always played. Just missed the Cup seasons but he was a player.

Very underrated two-way forward. Also, Don Cherry mentioned in his book that Boston traded him because Harry Sinden was angry about some dressing room prank where Sheppard and Bobby Schmautz were making fun of Sinden. Also recall hearing that he once suffered a serious knee injury due to a Denis Potvin cheap shot. This is going back a long time so I`m not 100% on the details.

Old
06-29-2005, 11:31 PM
ClassicHockey

People in Toronto remember Sheppard because of the trivia question of who did Dave Keon fight for the only fight in his entire career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckoning
Very underrated two-way forward. Also, Don Cherry mentioned in his book that Boston traded him because Harry Sinden was angry about some dressing room prank where Sheppard and Bobby Schmautz were making fun of Sinden. Also recall hearing that he once suffered a serious knee injury due to a Denis Potvin cheap shot. This is going back a long time so I`m not 100% on the details.

Old
06-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide

I am currently doing some statistical analysis on the NHL and yesterday, I was doing some numbers on Sheppard. He was a pretty good player.

Closed Thread