HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dale Weise

Old
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

vCash: 500
Dale Weise

Dale Weise 7gp 0g 0a even+/- 14 pim and 5:25 min/g

First off I'm not going on a rant here because we lost, I've wanted to mention it since the game against the canes. Maybe my expectations are flawed or I'm just plain wrong which by all means if I am correct me but this kid has done nothing through 7 games has he not? 2 fights he won neither, or at least didn't clearly win either of them nor were either of them game changing like the fights prust gets into. As you can see from the stats above IMHO he has not done much since joining this team aside from those 14 penalty minutes inc two fights. I dont expect much out of a guy on the fourth line so him not scoring isn't the problem for me, it's the fact that he just doesn't do anything productive in the offensive zone and isn't a noticeable fourth line guy, he plays the boards efficiently not great, he's not a big hitter, he's not a very good passer and he's not very quick on his feet. He is skipped over in favor of gaborik literally every other shift which isn't a good thing for a guy thats playing hurt, the more rest we can get him the better. Also on a team that is starving for scoring I think we should put someone in for that 5 minutes a game that can possibly score and maybe get something going next to drury on the fourth line, not to mention a guy that is capable enough to be trusted on the ice and not have to get skipped over every other shift. It's not that I don't like him but I think he's been given his time and he hasn't done anything with it, it's time to move onto someone else to find a possible 13th forward for later in the year when were completely healthy.

I really just wanted to open up a general discussion about weise, what people expect of him, think about his play through 7 games, and how everyone feels about him being in the lineup etc.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:42 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
His line had a few good shifts. I don't think he belongs anywhere near the top 6 and I don't think you break up Boyle and Prust, so not much is going to change for him for the time being.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
17futurecap

I think he is fine for the 4th line, Drury can't even control the puck. Weise will be gone once Cally comes back, please come back soon Cally!!!

Also this is off topic, but if I put the over/under of Boogard playing more than 1 game for the rest of the season, you would have to go under right?

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:51 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I think he was fine and involved so I'm not sure I agree with the general assessment, BUT:

First, if Gaborik is hurt like you say and him being shifted in over Weise every other shift isn't good for him, maybe he should just rest a couple of damn games because I'm mighty upset with his lack of production. I would much rather just let him sit a few to get healthy IF injury is the problem.

Second, I don't have a problem with Weise, but since Feds - Boyle - Prust is our third line and we don't have a "typical" fourth line, we don't need to have a "typical" fourth liner like Weise playing on it. If we called up Grachev, or someone with more offensive upside and less grinding upside (because realistically Grachev's probably not ready, even though I thought he looked okay in his few games up earlier) than we might be able to play that fourth line a little bit more AND it might have greater chances of getting something going. Drury's no offensive dynamo and Avery is streaky, but both have enough offensive upside that they deserve to be playing with a more offensively minded player and not just a banger. Like I said, it might mean we can "roll" all four lines more and it might lead to a little more production. Who knows.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Have you looked at the guy's ice time?

6:34 vs MTL
7:45 vs STL
2:53 vs DAL
3:09 vs CAR
4:04 vs FLA
6:49 vs TBL

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:56 PM
trilobyte

Not enough confidence, maybe. Not enough polish, for sure.

I'm not at all sold on Weise as anything but a depth player right now. Not to say he won't develop, but I don't think he is ready for the NHL yet.

I don't see any reason to give him more ice time

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

I guess nobody agrees hah which is fine. The way I see it weise is neither a posting nor a negative, he doesn't so dumb stuff but he doesn't do very noticeable stuff either he's neutral, he's not a risk, so i that 5 minutes a game is "good" I just think there's otherguys that deserve a shot and could probably contribute more through 7 games than opts. I'd like to see dupont or didimonte playing on our fourth line for 7 games a piece I think they could bring more to the table then just having good shifts.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:59 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

He's just a filler call-up... Somebody who doesn't have a significant role in the Rangers future who can fill a minimal role on our 4th line when the need is there.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
I guess nobody agrees hah which is fine. The way I see it weise is neither a posting nor a negative, he doesn't so dumb stuff but he doesn't do very noticeable stuff either he's neutral, he's not a risk, so i that 5 minutes a game is "good" I just think there's otherguys that deserve a shot and could probably contribute more through 7 games than opts. I'd like to see dupont or didimonte playing on our fourth line for 7 games a piece I think they could bring more to the table then just having good shifts.
Would not mind seeing a guy like Jeremy Williams get 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with Avery and Drury since that really isn't a typical 4th line. But I don't think a guy like Williams Kolarik or Grachev do anything by getting 4-6 minutes up here.

Last edited by 17futurecap: 01-11-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old
01-11-2011, 10:04 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post

Yes, that's an avg of 5:25 let game

Old
01-11-2011, 10:05 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Would not mind seeing a guy like Jeremy Williams get 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with Avery and Drury since that really isn't a typical 4th line. But I don't think a guy like Williams Koralik or Grachev do anything by getting 4-6 minutes up here.
EXACTLY

Old
01-11-2011, 10:06 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
He's just a filler call-up... Somebody who doesn't have a significant role in the Rangers future who can fill a minimal role on our 4th line when the need is there.
Yes but why not give someone else a shot to be a filler and be significant

Old
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Weise and Drury were absolutely INVISIBLE tonight.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
pwoz

Drury is absolutely ****ing useless and a 7m ****ing cap hit. Please go on LTIR you POS only-scored-37-goals-on-a-stacked-team-that-ultimately-failed hack. POS POS POS GTFO!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Rangers44*

Weise needs to stop playing safe and showcase what he is capable of. Go all out, when hitting hit as hard as he can, crash the net, agitate, etc.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
I like the kid. He has a better shot than I thought he would, he gets it off real quick. He's physical, willing to drop 'em, can PK. He has all the makings of a fan favorite, ala Jed Ortmeyer.

And he could even become a Joel Ward type guy, who is more of an offensive 3rd line type guy who could chip in 15-20 goals a season.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Would not mind seeing a guy like Jeremy Williams get 10 minutes a night on the 4th line with Avery and Drury since that really isn't a typical 4th line. But I don't think a guy like Williams Koralik or Grachev do anything by getting 4-6 minutes up here.
maybe im lost... but considering im some one who follows the rangers better then he does his own college career.... who is Koralik?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:24 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
What makes it an atypical 4th line? The fact that Avery is a top 9 player or the fact that Drury is the most useless player in the league?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I like the kid. He has a better shot than I thought he would, he gets it off real quick. He's physical, willing to drop 'em, can PK. He has all the makings of a fan favorite, ala Jed Ortmeyer.

And he could even become a Joel Ward type guy, who is more of an offensive 3rd line type guy who could chip in 15-20 goals a season.
I disagree, Ortmeyer played with a lot more energy, he was all over the ice, constantly making good plays blocking shots getting scoring chances. Weise just isn't that noticeable.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
maybe im lost... but considering im some one who follows the rangers better then he does his own college career.... who is Koralik?
prob means kolarik

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
XLJ

Weise is an energy guy he threw a nice hit tonight and got off a couple of shots. He is barely playing dont know what you guys are expecting from him. Williams wont play much either in close games if he gets called up.

The bigger issue with the 4th line is the play of Drury. The guy has looked awful. He has not been better than Todd White which is very sad.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:27 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
What makes it an atypical 4th line? The fact that Avery is a top 9 player or the fact that Drury is the most useless player in the league?
Both

Old
01-11-2011, 10:34 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
prob means kolarik
Yes sorry bad spelling.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post

Icetime is earned not given. Even more true with Torts as the coach.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
lbrowne

I was excited when he got the call up, but I've been disappointed so far to the point that I'm not a fan.

Hopefully he changes my view soon.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote