HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs-Rags: 2-1 Habs hang on to win

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
so how we will have all the youtube video
Apparently, TSN didn't show the replay so that could be the reason why I missed it.

EDIT: Alright, just saw the video, it should have been a penalty.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
HabsolutelyCanadien

****in Right Let's Go Montreal Go Habs Go!!!!!!!

Old
01-11-2011, 09:53 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
I wonder how bad defensively Cammalleri - Desharnais - Kostitsyn would be? lol

I like Pleks with two big wingers. They helped him. Cammy and Kostitsyn wear Pleks down because he has to do everything.

JM doesn't seem to have confidence in Eller right now. Habs should send the kid down. This situation is reminding me of Patches last year. No point to it.

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt is a good 4th line, but if the Habs send down Eller I hope they call up White. He could sub on the 4th with Pyatt. I'd like to see what he could bring to the line-up, even though I know he's having a bit of a tough year in Hamilton.
White has had a hard time adjusting back to the speed of the AHL.. I'd give him another few weeks before making a call. He looked better in the last game I saw, but just to be safe.

I wouldn't mind Eller going down though if we're only going to play him 4 minutes per game.

Desharnais is strong enough defensively to keep that line alright I think. He's obviously no Plekanec, but if we ice 3 lines like that, teams are going to have a hard time deciding who to shut down. A sniper like Cammalleri and Kostitsyn or the Plekanec line. It could definitely work.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
When JM's system works , as tonight (or in last year's playoffs) it's very impressive. Boring, but impressive. Imagine what the Habs might do with a.) a healthy Markov and b.) an engaged Cammy.
And a healthy Gorges

Old
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Stradale

lol on L'Antichambre its the daily AK bash again and Gaston Therrien showed a play that supposed to show how lazy AK is.

He show play that it was a 3 on 2 for the Rangers with AK being the first offense backchecking. Therrien said that AK stop skating and let the third Rangers get a scoring chance but on the video, it clearly shows that AK was backcheking hard, he was the first forward to come back in the defensive zone, the deepest and the last one leaving the defensive zone.

Blame the guy for his lack of vision in the defensive zone, but on that particular play, there's no way he was being lazy.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Nedved

really liked the d line up tonight. hope JM sticks with it for a while. Weber will get better, give it time.

Hopefully we can put a little streak together and move up the standings.

Go Habs Go!

Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Auld was great!
Price couldn't have done better.

Old
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
lol on L'Antichambre its the daily AK bash again and Gaston Therrien showed a play that supposed to show how lazy AK is.

He show play that it was a 3 on 2 for the Rangers with AK being the first offense backchecking. Therrien said that AK stop skating and let the third Rangers get a scoring chance but on the video, it clearly shows that AK was backcheking hard, he was the first forward to come back in the defensive zone, the deepest and the last one leaving the defensive zone.

Blame the guy for his lack of vision in the defensive zone, but on that particular play, there's no way he was being lazy.
Gaston ****ing Therrien

Old
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

JM Notes to self...

- Spacek back on right next game (How dare he make me look foolish).
- Pouliot down on third line (Look above).
- Less practice in close to the net, maybe we can somehow set up and shoot from neutral zone. (Copyright JACQUES!)
- Shove Muller for mocking my round head.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
JAVO16

My god, that interview with JM was so hilarious. He started each and every answers by "c'est sûr,...". It almost felt like the reporters were trying to pull out the most "c'est sûr" from him.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Poor kid... 1 penalty and he's done for the night.
Sure, a half dozen hooking penalties, a half dozen tripping penalties in his 38 games and soon you have a trend. Poor Jacques to have to put up with it.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
JAVO16

Quote:

I think they kind of had a point there because I clearly saw Andrei hesitate before putting the afterburners to catch the third man, be it because he wasn't sure who he was suppose to cover or out of simple lazyness.

However, I agree that Andrei played well for the most part during that game on the defensive side being more dynamic on his forecheck and coming down lower to help his defensemen. You could clearly see the improvements he's made in his defensive game tonight.

All he needs to do now is get his confidence back in the offensive zone and be the sniper and dominant forward we all know he can be.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM
TheBuriedHab

Eller has to be sent down. Get him some first line minutes and see how he does next year.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I know I shouldn't ask that () but anyone has the video where PK apparently slewfoot'd Dubinsky? I'd like to see that.

According to Rangers fan, that was dirty as ****...
I don't have the video but yes, his skate took out Dubinsky's.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:10 PM
RE-HABS

Pouliot to me has played his way on the line with Pleks and Cammalleri, AK has played his way off.

Eller needs to play, it isn't in Montreal so let it happen in Hamilton like Patches did.

Picard out of the line up, I felt way more relaxed and liked it.

Auld, nice game and glad to see the boys get the all important win.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
I think they kind of had a point there because I clearly saw Andrei hesitate before putting the afterburners to catch the third man, be it because he wasn't sure who he was suppose to cover or out of simple lazyness.

However, I agree that Andrei played well for the most part during that game on the defensive side being more dynamic on his forecheck and coming down lower to help his defensemen. You could clearly see the improvements he's made in his defensive game tonight.

All he needs to do now is get his confidence back in the offensive zone and be the sniper and dominant forward we all know he can be.
Who doesn't know AK is not the best defensive player out there but on that play, i think AK and Plekanec left the offensive zone almost at the same time but AK was the first one back in the defensive zone. Rangers took a shot and AK was actually behind our D and was the last forward to quit the defensive zone... So how the hell can Therrien call him lazy when he's the first one back and last one to leave.. he must have skate hard at some point to come back first no?

Old
01-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't have the video but yes, his skate took out Dubinsky's.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
One of my favourite plays of the game was when Subban was caught pinching in the third and Gionta was back on D covering for him... and Gionta played it EXACTLY like Subban would have, lining up and trying to lunge into the forward. I thought it was funny anyway. I'm sure the guys will have a laugh about that one.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Darth Joker

If RDS wants to bash AKost, then let them. It's not like AKost is doing much to be worthy of defense, given his appalling lack of offense over the past month or so.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:23 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
When JM's system works , as tonight (or in last year's playoffs) it's very impressive. Boring, but impressive. Imagine what the Habs might do with a.) a healthy Markov and b.) an engaged Cammy.
This game had very little in common with the playoff games the Habs won. The Habs won the possession battle, outshot, outchanced, and outplayed the Rangers, totally unlike the playoffs. I don't know if Martin's new style is exciting, probably less so than last year's, but that's how you win hockey games on a regular basis.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:25 PM
JAVO16

Yeah, obviously he did, but he relented a little bit approching the blue line and if he'd kept skating full speed, I think he could've caught up to the third and prevented the shot altogether. Anyways, that's about the only "brainfart" he might've add on the defensive side of things the whole game IMO. All I can say is that the Akost I saw tonight is a far cry from the one who used to be a spectator in the defensive zone going through the motion without any heart to it that we all saw undo Carbo.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
deandebean

Subban REALLY likes to be a target I see...The slew foot stuff is a bit much.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Tusk

I didn't find the game that boring due to the importance of getting those 2 points, it was close to feeling like a playoff game to me, ugly, grimey win.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
another snoozer

at least were winning them i guess.

we cant gain the center of the ice, its been the past 10 games or so, its frustrating to watch all the outside play.
38 shots, and maybe 5 were quality.
We must hold a record in the NHL for fluke goals that win us games.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
Yeah, obviously he did, but he relented a little bit approching the blue line and if he'd kept skating full speed, I think he could've caught up to the third and prevented the shot altogether. Anyways, that's about the only "brainfart" he might've add on the defensive side of things the whole game IMO. All I can say is that the Akost I saw tonight is a far cry from the one who used to be a spectator in the defensive zone going through the motion without any heart to it that we all saw undo Carbo.
Gaston Therrien showed that play to make Andrei looks bad and i think thats very hypocrite.

If there's a camera on every player, it will show that every single player doesn't give their 100% in every single back check. I've seen Gomez done that several time, I've seen Cammy not backchecking hard enough that lead to a scoring chances.

Even Plekanec on that play didn't give his all his energy to backcheck.

Showing one play to bash a guy on his entire game is just stupid. Like I said earlier, AK was forecheking hard and playing with intensity in the third period and kept the play away from the defensive zone almost every of his shifts in the third but of course they won't show that, they want to bash him.

Closed Thread