HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

how come Desharnais is already getting 14min per game?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
  #226
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Jack Todd is insignificant. Honestly, if not for these boards I would not even know he exists. I listen to both CKAC and Team 990 and I watch a lot of TV. Noone reads papers anymore anyway.

Concerning the "booing" of Carey - want me to point you to CKAC shows/l'Antichambre where the gang (Villeneuve, Langevin, Fournier, Langdeau etc) where all on the "not nice but maybe he deserves it, the way he played" side ? Where the main argument was "people pay a lot for tickets, even for preseason games, so they deserve to see a better performance - that's why they booed him" ?

The french media is not one homogeneous block. Some are decent. However, there is a bunch among them who is more vocal and irresponsible and they fill the air on both CKAC and RDS. The decent guys have a lot less airtime.
Because you don't read them doesn't mean the others don't. Le Journal de Montréal still has more than 200,000 copies of its paper delivered every day. La Presse still has readers, so does The Gazette. I'm guessing people are still reading papers...You aren't, but others do (paper OR Internet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Carey Price got booed on his first preseason game because of the build up in the french media. When he told them "Relax, it's just practice" - the same french media was blasting him for "lack of respect". It would only take 2-3 bad games/goals from Price and the same mediots would be again on his case.

And let's not forget the memorable Darkest Day scandal that ruined a season probably. The K brothers and Hammrlik were going to be arrested by the police for having ties with the Mafia. Policemen waiting for the team at the airport. 100% product of the same french media.

Just see what they do with Gomez right now.
Gomez is responsible for at least 10 giveaways per game. And he has the tendency to float a lot. He's having a pretty good point-streak going lately, but he's still not up to par for a 60 minute game. So, yes, the critics are entitled to let it rip. He's having another sub-par season.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:41 AM
  #227
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Gomez is responsible for at least 10 giveaways per game. And he has the tendency to float a lot. He's having a pretty good point-streak going lately, but he's still not up to par for a 60 minute game. So, yes, the critics are entitled to let it rip. He's having another sub-par season.
You forgot to say he's paid 7 million dollars - a pity, you would have been the living proof that what I said about the sports media creating the antihab buildup is true.

Just like the other poster with his "facts" about Carey Price - all coming directly from the wisdom of Michel Bergeron, Villeneuve or Ron Fournier.

And I'm not saying that Gomez played well this season or Price played well that preseason game. Just that you are never "entitled to let it rip" as you say. Never, it's a matter of common sense and civility. Just like you're not entitled to beat your kids and wife because they don't obey you. At least not in this century.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:50 AM
  #228
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Gomez is responsible for at least 10 giveaways per game. And he has the tendency to float a lot. He's having a pretty good point-streak going lately, but he's still not up to par for a 60 minute game. So, yes, the critics are entitled to let it rip. He's having another sub-par season.

well, according to NHL.com 10 is his season total so far...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 01:46 AM
  #229
Bunka Gurndeep
Registered User
 
Bunka Gurndeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
well, according to NHL.com 10 is his season total so far...
I was gonna post that. Thanks

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 03:05 AM
  #230
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,710
vCash: 500
gomez haters best haters

and about dd, keep in mind he's playing with darche and pouliot... juset sayin'

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:58 AM
  #231
Not The One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montréal, Qc.
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
only losers and illinformed youngsters boo their starting goalie in the first preseason game. and only in Montreal.

Especially since he is our only legitimate starter. He is the future of this organization and gets booed in trhe preseason.

I personally hate it when our players get booed like that.

oh an HF posters can be the most informed fans, the info/links here is second to none.
LOL

With all due respect to the posters here, internet forums are at the very bottom of all forms of communication, only ahead of sports radio call-in shows in overall stupidity. No responsability, no accountability, no representativity, no identity, herd mentality, and the list goes on... We come here for entertainment, but if you think this place is more than a fun distraction and a place to vent our frustrations, you are deluding yourself.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
  #232
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Absolutely ridiculous! I hate it when people try to rationalize fan reactions and blame it on the (french) media. Do you base everything you believe on what the media says? Then why assume that everybody else does. And spare me the standard "hfboards posters are much more knowledgeable than other fans" because it's pretentious bull.

Fact: Price played bad hockey for over a year.
Fact: Price was horrible in the playofs for the last few years, including last year.
Fact: Halak saved the team's season and was the surprise of the playofs.Fact: Management chose to keep Price instead of Halak.
Fact: Fans pay outrageous prices to see "practice" games and expect a decent show.
Fact: Price is payed about 70x the average person salary.

Combine all that that you have the reason why some fans chose to boo him.
If you look at last year's stats, his numbers were average or better among NHL goalies. So him playing "bad hockey" is your opinion, not a fact. He could have definitely played better and has stepped up dramatically this year...but it didn't make him "bad" last year.

I think more people than just Halak deserve credit for saving the Habs season. As important as goalies can be they can't do anything by themselves. As much as he was a key player 2nd half and playoffs, a lot of guys came up big, especially when injuries hit and some players had huge workloads. Plus, I think the season was mostly saved BEFORE Markov came back as the team was kept in contention despite having multiple regulars out, had they been 10-12pts out on January 1st, they would ahve missed the playoffs.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
  #233
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If you look at last year's stats, his numbers were average or better among NHL goalies. So him playing "bad hockey" is your opinion, not a fact. He could have definitely played better and has stepped up dramatically this year...but it didn't make him "bad" last year.

I think more people than just Halak deserve credit for saving the Habs season. As important as goalies can be they can't do anything by themselves. As much as he was a key player 2nd half and playoffs, a lot of guys came up big, especially when injuries hit and some players had huge workloads. Plus, I think the season was mostly saved BEFORE Markov came back as the team was kept in contention despite having multiple regulars out, had they been 10-12pts out on January 1st, they would ahve missed the playoffs.
Yeah, you're right, Price had nothing to do with the good beginning we had this year...

Come on, goalies play an extremely important role in the success or insuccess of a team... Halak was a God last year and save our ass... Price was a God in the first quarter of this season...

But yeah, keep bashing Halak and promote your beloved Carey...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
  #234
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
LOL

With all due respect to the posters here, internet forums are at the very bottom of all forms of communication, only ahead of sports radio call-in shows in overall stupidity. No responsability, no accountability, no representativity, no identity, herd mentality, and the list goes on... We come here for entertainment, but if you think this place is more than a fun distraction and a place to vent our frustrations, you are deluding yourself.
Internet forums are probably at the bottom but it largely depends on the quality of the posts/posters/moderators. I do come here for entertainment, but also to learn. There are plenty of posters here that are knowledgeable and know more hockey than me. Whenever I have a technical question for instance I know I can get 100% accurate answers.

Out of the habs hockey forums I've read/posted in, this is by far the one that helped me the most in learning stuff about hockey.

The description you gave applies to many forums or boards but a lot less to this one.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
  #235
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Yeah, you're right, Price had nothing to do with the good beginning we had this year...

Come on, goalies play an extremely important role in the success or insuccess of a team... Halak was a God last year and save our ass... Price was a God in the first quarter of this season...
See, the only part I disagree with is the bolded one. Goalies are important but they are not the only part of the team.

God level goalie + weak team = loss, no matter how godly he is.
God level goalie + good team = ECF

If you can't see that...

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
  #236
Not The One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montréal, Qc.
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Internet forums are probably at the bottom but it largely depends on the quality of the posts/posters/moderators. I do come here for entertainment, but also to learn. There are plenty of posters here that are knowledgeable and know more hockey than me. Whenever I have a technical question for instance I know I can get 100% accurate answers.

Out of the habs hockey forums I've read/posted in, this is by far the one that helped me the most in learning stuff about hockey.

The description you gave applies to many forums or boards but a lot less to this one.
Don't get me wrong, this is the "best" Habs forum that I know. There is a lot of good news and info in here. On the other hand, the views and opinions stated here are as valid as those in any radio call-in show. In other words, worthless. Even worse, without identity and accountability you read arguments here that nobody would dare make in the open, and you can just move on from that without any consequence.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
  #237
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Yeah, you're right, Price had nothing to do with the good beginning we had this year...

Come on, goalies play an extremely important role in the success or insuccess of a team... Halak was a God last year and save our ass... Price was a God in the first quarter of this season...

But yeah, keep bashing Halak and promote your beloved Carey...
Where did I bash Halak?

I only promote Carey when he deserves it...I'm the first to tell you that trading Huet and handing him the #1 job by himself was a dumb move. I also said many times last year that he needed to take his job more seriously(focus, work ethic in practise etc).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
  #238
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,016
vCash: 500
You know it's time to close a thread when a Desharnais thread has turned into a Price-Halak one...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
  #239
Emanresu Wen
Registered User
 
Emanresu Wen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
5 mins for Eller tonight, but also 5 for DD

didnt watch the game, did they get injured..... or simply benched?

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
  #240
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
5 mins for Eller tonight, but also 5 for DD

didnt watch the game, did they get injured..... or simply benched?
nearly 6 minuets for eller and nearly 9 minutes for DD

don't know where u got your info

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020635

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
  #241
Emanresu Wen
Registered User
 
Emanresu Wen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
nearly 6 minuets for eller and nearly 9 minutes for DD

don't know where u got your info

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020635
the exact same source, probably wasn't updated at the time

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:16 PM
  #242
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
the exact same source, probably wasn't updated at the time
Ya they don't always update right away

anyway JM shortened the bench in a close game, nothing new here.

Eller's penalty may have cost him a few minutes.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 11:43 PM
  #243
MoonlightGraham
Registered User
 
MoonlightGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Ya they don't always update right away

anyway JM shortened the bench in a close game, nothing new here.

Eller's penalty may have cost him a few minutes.
Yup.

And Desharnais didn't play much because we didn't get much powerplay time.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.