HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#44 - 01.11.2011 | Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2011, 10:55 PM
  #1026
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,491
vCash: 500
How was mza this match?

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
  #1027
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
How was mza this match?
Played well, got robbed from his typical "streak in and let loose a wicked shot" goal.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
  #1028
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,264
vCash: 500
While this game aggravated the hell out of me, it also showed me a couple of things:

- When on, our offense looked down right dominating. However, you have to take the good with the bad and they have yet to show consistency living up to that offensive potential.
- Wolski looked pretty good. I don't think he was completely there having only gotten off the plane that afternoon. He definitely did a great job creating chances and I saw glimmers of chemistry with Gaborik. He was pretty solid defensively and only had a few bad turnovers.
- Lastly, we CANNOT blame Hank for the loss tonight, as some posters have, he has helped us win so many games over his career and that was a perfectly placed shot. I am looking forward to seeing how they respond against the Canucks.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 12:49 AM
  #1029
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 7,164
vCash: 500
Decent showing but this teams inability to finish off more of their opportunities with some kind of consistency is going to catch up with them. 9 goals in the last 6 games and the power play is a joke at this point.

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 01:15 AM
  #1030
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Game wasn't nearly as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

I thought Lundqvist was stellar, big ****ing deal on the second goal, that shot was great. If Gaborik ripped that shot on Auld we would be saying great goal Gabs not a weak let in by Auld.

Zucca looked great, as did Dubinsky. I thought W2 looked awesome tonight as well, especially for a player not having any practice or familiarity with his teammates.

Subban also made my **** list this game, kids a dirty punk.

t3hg00se is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 03:40 AM
  #1031
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
This says it all. So because Hank made 36 other saves we should give him a pass? It was a costly error, lets hope he doesn't make it for a 3rd time.

I am not calling for his head, but it sucks is all. I can't understand why this team can't get past a 3 game win streak.
Of course Hank will say he should have stopped it. I don't think I've ever heard him say he accepts a goal he theoretically could have saved if you ask him, it's kind of part of his winning mentality. Lundqvist is even harder on himself than some of you guys in here, and that says alot. I say that save stays in theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
This game could have easily been 1-1 going to overtime. Hank let in a softie, there is no excuse for that. Doesn't matter the Habs outplayed us the second half of the game, the 2nd goal was preventable and cost us a point. It's great he made 36 other saves, he should have made one more really easy save.

If we are in the playoffs and lost this game on that goal people would be screaming bloody murder. If you want to argue that than you are the one who is delusional. This game along with the blue jackets game and the loss early in the season to the islanders will stick in my mind if we start to falter as games we should have collected a point or more from.
This is not only directed towards you.

Did we watch the same goal? That you write this goal off as an easy save says ALOT. At what stage does the actual shot come into the equation of the save? Or does the angle single handedly make the shot an easy save in your book? What kind of logic is that? A roofed shot is a roofed shot, from a smaller angle, such a shot is obviously even more ridiculous to pull off. You think Carolina fans roasted Ward when Zuccarello scored on him? Those I saw praised Zuccarello. We roast Hank at best. When do you actually stop blaming the goalie and praise the opposing goalscorer in here? Let me guess? NEVER (apart from the humble outliers in this thread who actually admit it was a laser of a shot)?

He was square to the shooter. He had basically 97.5+% of the net covered from creating a wall, so that he wouldn't allow the real softie you're crying about. He was basically a knight in full armour, daring a shooter to hit the narrow opening for his eyes in his helmet and still have a theoretical chance to save it. He has a fraction of a second to react to the shot. He raised his shoulder, but a shot that goes just over a shoulder is incredibly hard to stop, it's a dead zone for a goalie. I speak from experience. Do you? I hardly think so.

Sure, he could have stood up and tried to make a reaction save on the shot instead of creating a wall, opening up a much bigger chance for the softie 5 hole or underneath the arms, which are much easier shots to pull off and what shooters usually are aiming for from that angle. But come on. That shot was ridiculous (I wonder how many shots Pouliot would require to score from that angle again) and I do count in freaks of nature into the equation if a goal was a softie or not. You obviously don't. If you hit the water bottle from relatively short distance, regardless of angle, chances are you will score a goal on basically every goaltender in the league, regardless of the name on the back. Because covering every inch underneatch the crossbar would make you look really dumb and really hurt your GAA. Not one single goalie has made it into NHL from having the "stop all freak of natures" approach for a reason. Modern goalies play the numbers for a reason.

If this was a softie, you basically claim Hank cannot allow any goal from not saving the first shot. That gets me to the point that you don't appreciate the position of goaltending from lack of understanding and is spoiled as hell to have the elite consistency (yes, that quality that some of you with tunnel vision in here are dead sure Hank doesn't have) that Hank gives this team. If you compare Lundqvist to all the other goalies in the league, which again the tunnel visioners don't seem to do, it becomes pretty evident Hank is the most consistent and durable goaltender, at such a high level, in the league at this stage in his career. That's (probably) why Hasek considers him the best in the world, because he understands the importance of consistency over a career and didn't pick the right now choice in Miller like every other HFer. Or Thomas now. I take the goalie that is always up there, thank you.

Every other elite goalie in the league have had substantial off years in their career. The season some in here consider an off-year for Hank (I don't), was still an incredibly high goalie standard that most goalies would dream to have as their best year. That's consistency. If you allow 38 shots and score 1 goal yourself, chances are you will not win many hockey games. If you allow 38 shots on net, chances increase that the opposition will score on the freak of nature shot of a goal. It's not that hard to understand.

You mention the playoffs. Until this team can produce a PP worthy of the name, we have no business in a playoff. Absolutely no business at all. There is a limit how many goals you can score against strong teams at even strength and shorthanded. A solid PP wins close games, our pathetic PP just lose games. Enough said. You claim it was a softie, I claim your opinion is based on nothing but emotional frustration and a simplified write off as to why NYR lost this game. Don't even get me started on why you compare this goal to other goals (Columbus & Islanders), because they aren't comparable.


Last edited by Chimp: 01-12-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Chimp is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 03:47 AM
  #1032
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The only person i've hated more than Subban out of the teams we've faced recently was Dominic Moore in that TB game.
Have you already forgotten about Cedric "Make a save, take a lap" Desjardins?

Blue Blooded is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 03:56 AM
  #1033
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Have you already forgotten about Cedric "Make a save, take a lap" Desjardins?
Oh I didn't want to mention him, but at the very least his Hollywood moves are better than slew footing Dubinsky or trying to run Hank.

I'd put him at the top of just straight annoyance, though.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 04:57 AM
  #1034
Loffen
Hadouken!
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,830
vCash: 500
Shedding some light on this...

No Markov, Gorges or Cammalleri; Auld in net = 2-1 Loss


......



Loffen is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 06:10 AM
  #1035
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,200
vCash: 500
-That was an annoying loss.

-MZA and Dubinsky played really well. Stepan may have had his worst game as a Ranger last night. It was just one of those nights where everything bad that could happen with him happened. Just have to burn the tape on this one and forget it.

-I'm noticing a trend that whatever line Dubinsky is on is our most dangerous line of the night.

-Deflating 2nd goal we allowed. I thought Henrik had a strong performance sandwiched around that goal.

-Avery-Drury-Weise line did a nice job of pressuring the Habs in the offensive zone. I don't know what is wrong with Chris Drury at the moment in regards to his offensive ability. I have never seen him like this. He is fighting every pass. It seems like he has a trampoline at the end of his stick. It is hard to watch.

-We did a nice job of controlling the game for the first 38 mins. Came apart and had some breakdowns to end the 2nd.

-No clue how the ref missed that slew foot by Subban. It happened directly in front of him.

-If you are looking for a drinking game to replace the Frolov wrap around game try this. Have a drink every time Joe says " Wolski has skill"

-The Champion sports bra commercial has the best awkward interracial high fiving in the history of TV. First she goes with the single armed high five at the 20 second mark. (much like the mid air handshake performed by Arnold and Dillon in Predator). At the 23 second mark she kicks it up a notch and goes for the double high five. A bold and dangerous move that only females and Val Kilmer playing volleyball shirtless in Top Gun can pull off.



I also love how surprised she is when they ask her to jump rope. "Who me?" It reminds me of when Ron Burgundy is asked to play the Jazz flute in Anchorman. Then pulls it out of his sleeve.


Last edited by TomLaidlaw: 01-12-2011 at 06:20 AM.
TomLaidlaw is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 06:31 AM
  #1036
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Goalie makes 30+ saves and only let in 2 goals for me that's elite and nothing needs to be said even if both goals were Toskala fail level bouncers from opposite ends of the ice.

You onbly give up 2, make 30+ saves and the PP fails as hard as it did last night and the problem is the forwards and PP. Nothing should be said about Hank tonight at all. I'd have to look again at the angle and all that b/c I was half asleep during the game and the 2nd goal made me close my eyes for awhile lol. But bad angle, perfect shot, w/e it's just not in any way smart to blame hank for this loss.

Also "If Gabs had scored that shot..." it's about damn time he does. I seriously wouldn't mind trading him right now. Get a real good piece back and save 7 mil on the cap to pull in 1 great or 2 real good players this off season. Not to mention the piece you'd get back.

That said It's only b/c I'm honestly concerned he's got an issue that won't be resolved now or in the coming years. I'm being foolish about it he's still under 30, is prob injured, idk. I'm def being foolish but I felt I needed to say it just to say it haha. Upon further thought friggin scratch him for a few games once people start coming back especially if he's still not producing like now...he HAS had some better games lately though. but some time away from the game may help clear his head...or maybe Wolski helps?

JimmyStart* is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 06:55 AM
  #1037
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
-That was an annoying loss.

-MZA and Dubinsky played really well. Stepan may have had his worst game as a Ranger last night. It was just one of those nights where everything bad that could happen with him happened. Just have to burn the tape on this one and forget it.

-I'm noticing a trend that whatever line Dubinsky is on is our most dangerous line of the night.

-Deflating 2nd goal we allowed. I thought Henrik had a strong performance sandwiched around that goal.

-Avery-Drury-Weise line did a nice job of pressuring the Habs in the offensive zone. I don't know what is wrong with Chris Drury at the moment in regards to his offensive ability. I have never seen him like this. He is fighting every pass. It seems like he has a trampoline at the end of his stick. It is hard to watch.

-We did a nice job of controlling the game for the first 38 mins. Came apart and had some breakdowns to end the 2nd.

-No clue how the ref missed that slew foot by Subban. It happened directly in front of him.

-If you are looking for a drinking game to replace the Frolov wrap around game try this. Have a drink every time Joe says " Wolski has skill"

-The Champion sports bra commercial has the best awkward interracial high fiving in the history of TV. First she goes with the single armed high five at the 20 second mark. (much like the mid air handshake performed by Arnold and Dillon in Predator). At the 23 second mark she kicks it up a notch and goes for the double high five. A bold and dangerous move that only females and Val Kilmer playing volleyball shirtless in Top Gun can pull off.



I also love how surprised she is when they ask her to jump rope. "Who me?" It reminds me of when Ron Burgundy is asked to play the Jazz flute in Anchorman. Then pulls it out of his sleeve.
go girl!

redfzn is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 07:27 AM
  #1038
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,538
vCash: 500
can the team please score more than 2 goals and win a game by a few? Since the new yr its been tight games and low scoring

Sat Jan 1, 2011 Rangers Lightning
7:30 PM FINAL NYR (1) - TBL (2) OT Recap
Sun Jan 2, 2011 Rangers Panthers
5:00 PM FINAL NYR (0) - FLA (3) Recap
Wed Jan 5, 2011 Hurricanes Rangers
7:00 PM FINAL CAR (1) - NYR (2) OT Recap
Fri Jan 7, 2011 Rangers Stars
8:30 PM FINAL NYR (3) - DAL (2) SO Recap
Sat Jan 8, 2011 Rangers Blues
8:00 PM FINAL NYR (2) - STL (1) Recap
Tue Jan 11, 2011 Canadiens Rangers
7:00 PM FINAL MTL (2) - NYR (1) Recap

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 08:05 AM
  #1039
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,486
vCash: 3743
Wow, I was just rewatching the highlights of the game on TSN. On close viewing, it looks like Auld got his blocker on Wolski's shot, which then deflected into the post. Upon first viewing, I thought Wolski just straight up hit the post.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 08:38 AM
  #1040
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Yea I saw that too Az, it really was a good save. However the save that really stood out to me was when Wolski fired the puck to the front of the net and Auld kicked out his leg on an open net for Dubi, in the 2nd period. Was a great great save, and noone really talked about it. Overall we didn't really play a very good game. Callahan being out is really hurting us. The first 10 minutes were very good, the last 7-8 minutes were very strong, everything in between was lacking.

MrEctions is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 09:03 AM
  #1041
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,887
vCash: 500
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...1_wrapping_up/


"Lundqvist said that was the more frustrating of the two goals he allowed - after he was knocked on his rear end and pushed into his net on Jaroslav Spacek’s goal, a goal that Pouliot admitted to NHL.com after the game that he had pushed in with his glove."

turcotte8 is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 09:07 AM
  #1042
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...1_wrapping_up/


"Lundqvist said that was the more frustrating of the two goals he allowed - after he was knocked on his rear end and pushed into his net on Jaroslav Spacek’s goal, a goal that Pouliot admitted to NHL.com after the game that he had pushed in with his glove."
huh, it didnt look like he had even touched it in any way. But that takes some balls to admit

MrEctions is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 09:18 AM
  #1043
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutus Liber View Post
huh, it didnt look like he had even touched it in any way. But that takes some balls to admit
I can understand why it was called a goal after review, however I don't think it should have been. The shot was fired on Lundqvist, and it started to trickle between his legs and over the goal line. However, with the net-cam, you couldn't tell if it was completely over. As it was getting close to completely crossing, Lundqvist got pushed into the net. But because it was called a goal on the ice, that's probably why it stood up, because the video was inconclusive. Man, I'm not one to blame refs for a loss, but the refereeing last night was very poor to say the least.

Sucks because the Rangers were dominating up to that point and then the Habs get that fluky goal and the Rangers game just went downhill from there...

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
  #1044
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Scoring 1.33 goals per game just ain't gonna cut it. An 3-2-1 record this year with so few goals is very good and we can thank our goalies for that. We just have to start scoring more ASAP and hopefully Wolski can help with that

jniklast is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
  #1045
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil
 
The Perfect Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
This loss stings more then it usually does. I guess it's because of how well we outplayed the Habs for half the game, and then only to lose on two weak goals.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
  #1046
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil
 
The Perfect Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
No Markov, Gorges or Cammalleri; Auld in net = 2-1 Loss


......


They have to step up big time Saturday since the Habs will most likely have both Cammy and Price playing. Giving an effort for half the game won't keep the game close this time.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 10:24 AM
  #1047
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
This is not only directed towards you.

Did we watch the same goal? That you write this goal off as an easy save says ALOT. At what stage does the actual shot come into the equation of the save? Or does the angle single handedly make the shot an easy save in your book? What kind of logic is that? A roofed shot is a roofed shot, from a smaller angle, such a shot is obviously even more ridiculous to pull off. You think Carolina fans roasted Ward when Zuccarello scored on him? Those I saw praised Zuccarello. We roast Hank at best. When do you actually stop blaming the goalie and praise the opposing goalscorer in here? Let me guess? NEVER (apart from the humble outliers in this thread who actually admit it was a laser of a shot)?

He was square to the shooter. He had basically 97.5+% of the net covered from creating a wall, so that he wouldn't allow the real softie you're crying about. He was basically a knight in full armour, daring a shooter to hit the narrow opening for his eyes in his helmet and still have a theoretical chance to save it. He has a fraction of a second to react to the shot. He raised his shoulder, but a shot that goes just over a shoulder is incredibly hard to stop, it's a dead zone for a goalie. I speak from experience. Do you? I hardly think so.

Sure, he could have stood up and tried to make a reaction save on the shot instead of creating a wall, opening up a much bigger chance for the softie 5 hole or underneath the arms, which are much easier shots to pull off and what shooters usually are aiming for from that angle. But come on. That shot was ridiculous (I wonder how many shots Pouliot would require to score from that angle again) and I do count in freaks of nature into the equation if a goal was a softie or not. You obviously don't. If you hit the water bottle from relatively short distance, regardless of angle, chances are you will score a goal on basically every goaltender in the league, regardless of the name on the back. Because covering every inch underneatch the crossbar would make you look really dumb and really hurt your GAA. Not one single goalie has made it into NHL from having the "stop all freak of natures" approach for a reason. Modern goalies play the numbers for a reason.

If this was a softie, you basically claim Hank cannot allow any goal from not saving the first shot. That gets me to the point that you don't appreciate the position of goaltending from lack of understanding and is spoiled as hell to have the elite consistency (yes, that quality that some of you with tunnel vision in here are dead sure Hank doesn't have) that Hank gives this team. If you compare Lundqvist to all the other goalies in the league, which again the tunnel visioners don't seem to do, it becomes pretty evident Hank is the most consistent and durable goaltender, at such a high level, in the league at this stage in his career. That's (probably) why Hasek considers him the best in the world, because he understands the importance of consistency over a career and didn't pick the right now choice in Miller like every other HFer. Or Thomas now. I take the goalie that is always up there, thank you.

Every other elite goalie in the league have had substantial off years in their career. The season some in here consider an off-year for Hank (I don't), was still an incredibly high goalie standard that most goalies would dream to have as their best year. That's consistency. If you allow 38 shots and score 1 goal yourself, chances are you will not win many hockey games. If you allow 38 shots on net, chances increase that the opposition will score on the freak of nature shot of a goal. It's not that hard to understand.

You mention the playoffs. Until this team can produce a PP worthy of the name, we have no business in a playoff. Absolutely no business at all. There is a limit how many goals you can score against strong teams at even strength and shorthanded. A solid PP wins close games, our pathetic PP just lose games. Enough said. You claim it was a softie, I claim your opinion is based on nothing but emotional frustration and a simplified write off as to why NYR lost this game. Don't even get me started on why you compare this goal to other goals (Columbus & Islanders), because they aren't comparable.
Chimp
I know you probably know way more about the intricacies of goaltending, as it seems you have a pretty extensive goaltending background. My problem with the goal was that Lundqvist was not hugging the post. He has done this before. He has a tendency to make amazing saves, and fail to stop shots that are not only possible but if he was in proper position easy to save.

If he was hugging the post, from the angle where the shot was taken not only would he have stopped the puck but most likely the puck would have dropped right in front of him for an easy stop as it was a high shot and would have been deadened by his arm/chest protector making the save. By dropping so low he cuts down the chance for the puck to slip through his legs, but gives up the top of the net, where any intelligent shooter knows is the best place to beat lundqvist.

I think Lundqvist is an elite goalie, I know he drops early to take away the bottom of the net, but from a bad angle like that (where the puck has to be shot high and perfectly under the crossbar to get in) he should be hugging the post.

I do appreciate Hank's consistency. He is extremely consistent and gives this team a chance to compete most nights. My problem's with his goaltending are very minimal. He needs to hug the post on bad angle shots as it has beat him twice, and one time he swiped at one with his glove when it was going wide and knocked it in the net from a bad angle. Other than his softie goals, there are no complaints about him. I am not calling for him to be benched. I do not blame him for our terrible PP or lack of effort last night. If there was another goalie in net who knows what the score would have been, but it was Henrik and I know he is a top 5 goalie in the world, that is a very stoppable shot.

as far as your complaints about the PP, i agree that it needs to improve but I think there are some steps being put in place to fix that.

First we acquired Wolski to add some more goal scoring ability. We have 2 units capable of PP goals wolski-anisimov-gaborik, fedotenko/drury-dubinsky-mza, with staal-stepan, gilroy-girardi on the points
second we get callahan back in a couple of weeks to go onto that 2nd PP which finally gives us a player who will stand in front of the net to screen a goalie and score a garbage goal so we have to wait on that
third michael del zotto is finally in hartford working on getting his game, he was excellent at times last season running the powerplay, he disappeared this season and letting him get his game back may help us this year, if not maybe next

The only big changes I would like to see to our PP would be
1) Boyle - the dude is a monster, he can score and can stand in front of the net, why is he not getting time? this is a no brainer to me
2) our defensemen on the PP need to be in sync with the forwards, too many time gilroy, girardi, etc dump the puck in and no one is chasing it. this is unacceptable, either we are dumping and chasing or we are carrying the puck in the zone, this needs to be determined, whats the point of dumping the puck in when everyone is standing still at the blue line to have the opposing team get it and clear the zone?
3) I think Stepan is better down low on the PP then at the point, and even as sam (who barely can see a thing these days) pointed out Stepan has been having a rough go on the point as of late, it's time he is moved back up and we give Sauer or Eminger some PP time for now

Janerixon is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 10:25 AM
  #1048
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
tough loss; habs are quick and played well. Auld was very good and we were missing something. Steps was falling all over the place and Torts needs to curb his love affair with the Boyle line. They are good when used properly; which means 12 -14 minutes a night. It seems like they are playing too much and their performance is suffering. Prust for all his effort and toughness has stone hands and has been in prime scoring situations lately in key spots and cannot finish.

On a positive note, McD and Gilroy are playing well; McD with another plus night. Avery continues to make things happen and should be getting more ice time. Dubi was noticeable as was W2. I thought Gabby was quick and involved; just no success. MZA continues to make plays.

Eminger is starting to slip in my eyes; his play is ragged and frantic and that bothers me. We may need to get MDZ back up here especially for the PP which is brutal. Dale Weise is nothing special; he's an AHL player. The 4th line should be Boyle's line which leaves no room for Dale. He is not taking advantage of his opp IMO. It's a long season and there will be more frustrating games than this before the end of the season; keep giving the kids the opportunity to grow and gain experience and it will work in the end. Cup in 2014.

Bardof425* is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  #1049
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,165
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
The good thing about this team this year is that I never feel that upset when the team loses because I know they gave a solid effort. Obviously the team made some errors and the Canadiens received some nice bounces and fortunate 'no calls' especially the slewfoot and high stick on Staal in the 3rd.

Otherwise not a bad game. I feel that the team is going to rebound and whip the Canucks on Thursday.

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
01-12-2011, 10:58 AM
  #1050
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Hate to chop this one off, but feel free to use 'wraparounds' brilliant post game thread to continue the discussion.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.