HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Evgeny Dadonov Selected As All-Star Rookie, NO Regulars Selected for Game

Old
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
So, Hemsky gets in cause he had an injury?

I get your point, but i'm just pointing out the flawed nature of the all-star game (as most people in this thread are doing). You get to watch players play half-assed in a game that doesn't matter while the fans hope their best players don't somehow get injured. Fans also spend the weeks leading up to the ASG debating whether or not it's even good to have a player in the game.

The ONLY good part of the All Star Games of the past has been the skills competition. Everything else is worth skipping.

If they make the game worth something somehow, then maybe i'll find some time to watch it.
Hemsky doesn't get in because he was injured. he gets in because he's simply a better player (and being from a Canadian franchise doesn't hurt).

And the All-Star game isn't flawed. It simply is what it is. And what it is is a money-machine and media event for the NHL. HF may think the game is pointless, and I'm not giving an opinion on whether or not it is, but HF doesn't account for every fan's opinion. It's really not supposed to be taken seriously, or at least I don't believe it should be. It's a fun weekend of pointless hockey that brings some money media attention to the league.

No one is forcing anyone to watch the game. If you don't like it and think there is no reason to have it, don't watch it and be happy no one on the Panthers is risking injury.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Southern Hockey

vCash: 500
Guys, the NHL does this to make money.

No one is going to watch mediocre panthers players skating against All-Star opponents like headless chickens. Although, maybe that would be kind of entertaining...
The point is though, no one on this team deserved to go. Get over it.

Southern Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
Guys, the NHL does this to make money.

No one is going to watch mediocre panthers players skating against All-Star opponents like headless chickens. Although, maybe that would be kind of entertaining...
The point is though, no one on this team deserved to go. Get over it.
This is a message board, where people come to talk about hockey, the games, the goings on, etc. Thus, people are going to talk about Panther players both missing in the game, deserving or not, and the actual game itself.

01-11-2011, 06:11 PM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Like I said before, doesn't every team get represented in the All-Star game?
yeah, every team but the Panthers

Seriously....there's no such "rule".

anyways...players like Frolik, Weiss or Booth don't belong there.

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
FYI, the Sabres had zero players selected to the All-Star game also. Honestly, not a big deal to not have a player in an exhibition game really.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Southern Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
This is a message board, where people come to talk about hockey, the games, the goings on, etc. Thus, people are going to talk about Panther players both missing in the game, deserving or not, and the actual game itself.
Yes, let's talk about it. Weiss is not an All-star, and thus does not belong at the All-star game. Discussion over.

And the "rule" that every team has to be represented is a misconception. It was a rule previously, but was done away with. In more recent years, its been an unwritten presupposition of sorts, but certainly not a rule. I think that was proved this year, because, no matter what people on this board say, neither the Islanders or the Panthers are represented at the game. Get over it.

Southern Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Can you explain why one of those two deserve to be on an All-Star team.
Nope! Southern Hockey seemed to get it though. Guess I forgot the 'shut up' face that's supposed to symbolize sarcasm.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:05 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
Yes, let's talk about it. Weiss is not an All-star, and thus does not belong at the All-star game. Discussion over.

And the "rule" that every team has to be represented is a misconception. It was a rule previously, but was done away with. In more recent years, its been an unwritten presupposition of sorts, but certainly not a rule. I think that was proved this year, because, no matter what people on this board say, neither the Islanders or the Panthers are represented at the game. Get over it.
4 teams aren't in (in terms of regular players) and those are Phoenix, NY Islanders, Buffalo and Florida... But they all have a rookie in !

I'm glad Dadonov is in, the kid is a real keeper, I'm glad we have him !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote