HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers looking to make another deal

Old
01-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Maybe Drury is involved......
Ahhh one can dream. One can dream.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Any of you familiar with this : guy on Twitter named *************** from NYC
he is saying:

**BREAKING NEWS** Source: As of this morning NY Rangers & Philadelphia Flyers are the front runners for Iginla - Flyers are ready to deal

Is this guy at all credible?
Silent Bob's last predictions **** the bed I think. I thnk he was saying Rolston to the Isles and Langenbrunner to Tor right? I don't remember, I have mashed potatos for brains.

But...i'll play along anyway.

Iginla on the Flyers is scary. The Flyers have some serious depth already. Even if he hjas lost a step, he's still a tremendous player. But...I have my doubts that he would go there.

To NY there were rumors earlier in the season. I believed them back then, but i have doubts now. Right side is strong already. Left side seems filled up as well. Only way this deal happens is if Chris Drury waives and goes there. Calgary i am pretty sure isnt going to do that. Unless maybe a 1st or a solid good prospect goes with him. At the end of the day, there would probably be better offers for Iginla if Calgary is really going to part. Thinking the Kings might be a better trading partner, and heard they wanted him as well.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

Iginla on the Flyers is scary. The Flyers have some serious depth already. Even if he hjas lost a step, he's still a tremendous player. But...I have my doubts that he would go there.
Flyers have about $400,000 in cap space, how are they fitting Iginla's $7 million cap hit?
They would have to give up multiple players which would weaken their depth,which is not worth doing for Iginla.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
He's the same guy who started tyhe Semin to Islanders rumor. The only notable thing he got right was Gordon getting fired.
That was the big one he was off on...Semin to the Island. Which didn't make and sense and came out of left field.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
IslanderPride
Fire & Ice

Quote:
Silent Bob's last predictions **** the bed I think. I thnk he was saying Rolston to the Isles and Langenbrunner to Tor right? I don't remember, I have mashed potatos for brains.

But...i'll play along anyway.

To NY there were rumors earlier in the season. I believed them back then, but i have doubts now. Right side is strong already. Left side seems filled up as well. Only way this deal happens is if Chris Drury waives and goes there. Calgary i am pretty sure isnt going to do that. Unless maybe a 1st or a solid good prospect goes with him. At the end of the day, there would probably be better offers for Iginla if Calgary is really going to part. Thinking the Kings might be a better trading partner, and heard they wanted him as well.
*************** For the Ranger haters asking if im credible > Well go through my timeline & look & see who had Lagenbrunner / Rollie / Wiz trades be4 any1

@SH_NickPerriNYR The Rangers have interest in Iginla it has been confirmed. The obvious sticking point is agreeing to a deal with Flames

IslanderPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderPride View Post
*************** For the Ranger haters asking if im credible > Well go through my timeline & look & see who had Lagenbrunner / Rollie / Wiz trades be4 any1

@SH_NickPerriNYR The Rangers have interest in Iginla it has been confirmed. The obvious sticking point is agreeing to a deal with Flames
He has a lot more wrong then he has right. Also, hard to take him seriously when he can't even spell correctly.

I'm sticking to legitimate news sources.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:34 AM
IslanderPride
Fire & Ice

Quote:
That was the big one he was off on...Semin to the Island. Which didn't make and sense and came out of left field.
He did say if Wang pulls the trigger he would be an Islander but we all know Wang is cheap at the moment so take it for what it is .

IslanderPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:37 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
He did say if Wang pulls the trigger he would be an Islander but we all know Wang is cheap at the moment so take it for what it is .
For Christs sake.Keep that avatar/pic and post here more often.. K???

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Sorry, I haven't read I think you posted. Too busy looking at your avatar! Who would've thought that logo could look so good?

Old
01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Calgary is NOT trading Iginla. A couple of months ago,Flames management namely team president and CEO Ken King told Iginla he was not being traded this season. Nothing has changed with Jay Feaster replacing Darryl Sutter as GM.

Quote:
Team sources say the notion of exploring an Iginla trade is a "non-starter," and that means another potential impact player will stay put through the trade deadline.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...2010-11-season

Quote:
Calgary Flames interim GM Jay Feaster has also said he will not trade Jarome Iginla. Check another name off Los Angeles' list
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...d-news-for-l-a

The internet gives any crack pop a forum to post non-sense on twitter and those stupid blogs.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
GAGLine

The only way the Rangers could even think about dealing for Iginla would be to send Gaborik, Drury or Henrik the other way.

There's no way we are trading Henrik. Drury has an NMC and I seriously doubt he would wave it for calgary.

Gaborik? Would the flames do that? Would the Rangers? Gabby hasn't been terrible this year by any scretch, but he hasn't been scoring as he has in years past, and his style doesn't really fit that well with the grind it out mentality.

I think Iginla would do very well in Tort's system, though he is 5 years older than Gabby. Iginla's deal is 1 year shorter and 500k less per year.

Would do you guys think? Would you pull the trigger if we were offered Iginla for Gabby straight up?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Iginla is my favorite non-Ranger player in the league, but no way would I trade Gabby straight up for him. Although he can be dominating at times, the decline in production is quite apparent. You could make the argument that he isn't surrounded by very many talented playmakers, but Iggy used to be able to create metric s*** tons of offense on his own. I'd rather gut it out with Gabby and hope for the best.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The only way the Rangers could even think about dealing for Iginla would be to send Gaborik, Drury or Henrik the other way.

There's no way we are trading Henrik. Drury has an NMC and I seriously doubt he would wave it for calgary.

Gaborik? Would the flames do that? Would the Rangers? Gabby hasn't been terrible this year by any scretch, but he hasn't been scoring as he has in years past, and his style doesn't really fit that well with the grind it out mentality.

I think Iginla would do very well in Tort's system, though he is 5 years older than Gabby. Iginla's deal is 1 year shorter and 500k less per year.

Would do you guys think? Would you pull the trigger if we were offered Iginla for Gabby straight up?
No. He's 5 years older, like you said. His contract length isn't really a selling point either since I don't think they should be looking to get rid of their best scorers with a high turnover rate. They're trying to build a team here and I think shipping out a HUGE player who you signed as a UFA less than two years ago and who single handedly made the team competitive last year is bad for that end. It also shows very, very little respect to Gabby who, despite having a down year, deserves a lot better than that.

The revolving door days have to end all together.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaberma1 View Post
I do not understand why everyone thinks that Matt Gilroy is not capable of being a defensemen that can generate some offense. Lets be real here last year he was sent to Hartford for quite some time, and when he did play had to do it with our great friend Wade Redden. This guy won the Hobey Baker Award for a reason, it is way too soon to call quits on him, not to mention that we would not get anything that big for gilroy because yes, he has not played to full potential. In my opinion he has improved a lot this year and can generate some offense given the opportunity. Not to mention that he has vastly improved on the defensive side of his game . I can also guarantee that MDZ trade stock is a lot higher then Gilroy s and a possible deal involving MDZ can and would bring a decent amount of talent back to the rangers. Remember Sather a couple of years back was a handshake away from getting stamkos with MDZ being the central part of the deal on the Rangers side of things
Concur, and last night's assist is an example.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
No. He's 5 years older, like you said. His contract length isn't really a selling point either since I don't think they should be looking to get rid of their best scorers with a high turnover rate. They're trying to build a team here and I think shipping out a HUGE player who you signed as a UFA less than two years ago and who single handedly made the team competitive last year is bad for that end. It also shows very, very little respect to Gabby who, despite having a down year, deserves a lot better than that.

The revolving door days have to end all together.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm not sure I would do the deal either, but there are some good arguments for doing so. Iginla has been much more durable over his career and his style of play fits this team much better than does Gabby's.

Gabby has a full NTC according to capgeek, so it's likely a moot point anyway. Hopefully Wolski's playmaking will help get both him and Gabby going on the scoresheet.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I think Cally+Dubi will get Girardi/Staal type $$$. 7M'ish to re-sign both. I think AA will get a little under 2M, while Boyle will be in the 1.5M range. One of Eminger/Gilroy will be brought back. Prospal likely won't be re-signed. I think EC becomes waiver fodder next season too. Feds might be brought back for the right $$$ amount. If the $$$ it too tight with Toots in the line-up, let both Eminger+Gilroy walk:
Staal-Girardi
Toots-Sauer
MDZ-McDonagh
Vtank
Artem Anisimov will get a big raise. He deserves it.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post

Gabby has a limited No trade clause... I highly doubt the flames are on his list of teams he would be traded to, this won't happen. The flames have been infatuated with Dubinsky for some time now, I am sure they would want him or callahan back for starters in any trade involving Iginla. That will never happen and as Rangerboy posted already Iginla is not going to be moved.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

We're not trading Gaborik for Jarome Iginla.

We're not trading ANYBODY for Jarome Iginla.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfeldman View Post
Take it for what you will its Eklund. Just found it interesting seeing now that we have a fairly large gap on our d-corp so it would make some sense now that we have more cap space to take on some one like Mcabe. Any other ideas?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...T-DONE/1/32772

Translation of what he wrote on HockeyBuzz.com:

"It would make sense to me that the Rangers need to make another deal," thought Eklund. "After all, their defense sucks... Man, I really hate the Rangers. Their whole team is a bunch of minor leaguers. Every time they make a trade, I'm shocked. I was sure they would never get more than Souray for Rozsival. Oh well, on second thought, in a Rangers jersey, Wolski also looks like a minor leaguer to me...

Aaaanyway, since their defense sucks, they definitely need to make another trade... so I will make a post claiming I have sources about it. Man, I'm so smart. Nobody can figure out that I'm just posting what makes sense to me, and that I have no sources! I am a freakin' genius.

Sooo... how 'bout Stepan and Del Zotto for Strudwick? The Rangers are winning this one, but I just want to prove that I'm not biased against them."

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:35 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We're not trading Gaborik for Jarome Iginla.

We're not trading ANYBODY for Jarome Iginla.
I was speaking hypothetically. I don't think there's any chance of it happening.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Artem Anisimov will get a big raise. He deserves it.
Artie will get a 2 year deal under 2 mil per year. Count on it.

Artie is on pace for 41 points this year after scoring 28 as a rookie. He's not arbitration eligible.

Dubinsky got 1.85 per year after 2 years of 40 and 41 points. Artie will get a similar contract.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Any chance Zuccarello will be traded? ( im in the prosess of booking tickets to new york in feb. to see the pitbull sniper live. so a trade would be very inconvenient hehe)

Toronto wanted him just as much as rangers did this summer, Burke apparently likes Mats very much. Could he be part of a Kaberle deal?

according to this site Toronto also wantet Wolski and asked coyotes if Wolski + pic for beauchemin was a possibility. but i guess they liked Rozy more.

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:42 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Any chance Zuccarello will be traded? ( im in the prosess of booking tickets to new york in feb. to see the pitbull sniper live. so a trade would be very inconvenient hehe)

Toronto wanted him just as much as rangers did this summer, Burke apparently likes Mats very much. Could he be part of a Kaberle deal?

according to this site Toronto also wantet Wolski and asked coyotes if Wolski + pic for beauchemin was a possibility. but i guess they liked Rozy more.
No, there is no chance that he is traded right now, especially for Kaberle.

01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
No, I don't see it happening. They are committed to youth at this point. I think the most that we will see is a 2nd traded for a left handed dman rental.

Old
01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:

"Lebron will be a Knick. Book it" LOL Blowhard Bob

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote