HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Colin Wilson?

Old
01-06-2011, 05:23 AM
canucks95

vCash: 500
Colin Wilson?

Hey guys, was just wondering how you all thought Wilson was developing? I don't get to watch many Preds games, but he was quite the player throughout his University career, hopefully he has continued to play well.

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Wilson has made leaps and bounds for us this year. He is becoming a real force in the offensive zone, and is making some great defensive plays. Unfortunately, our coach rarely puts him with line-mates of his own caliber, so he ends up rotting on our 3rd or 4th line. When he plays top mintues, however, he is one of our greatest offensive threats.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:09 AM
jlsg

He ends up on the 3rd and 4th lines when he plays like a 3rd and 4th liner. His one problem is consistency, once past that he will be a top 6 forward.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:38 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
He ends up on the 3rd and 4th lines when he plays like a 3rd and 4th liner. His one problem is consistency, once past that he will be a top 6 forward.
I do not agree. I see Wilson as our top center by the end of the year and into next. Kid's doing great and will be better than Leggy.

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:44 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Really? I don't see him playing center this year and probably not next.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:55 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Really? I don't see him playing center this year and probably not next.
Did he not come up as a center? I know he's been on the left with Legs and douchey Svatos but just because he wasn't so good at face-offs earlier this year, doesn't mean he couldn't be our best C (?)

Maybe I am playing a little too much yahoo fantasy hockey and NOT watching the real stuff enough but he has to be better than Legs and Goc.

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:21 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Hes been one of our best forwards since getting the chance. He has some dynamic skills with the puck and has a very underrated wrist shot. His big frame helps to and you will see lots of players bounce right off of him. He makes rookie mistakes and isnt that consistent yet, but i think he will develop into a top line forward and lead the team in points for years to come.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post
Did he not come up as a center? I know he's been on the left with Legs and douchey Svatos but just because he wasn't so good at face-offs earlier this year, doesn't mean he couldn't be our best C (?)
Because he's not often playing center. So how could he become our best center by the end of the year? It doesn't matter how he came up.

Trotz has said he could see him as a center in the NHL, long term, but obviously for now he's training him as a winger. Wilson does get some time at center every once in awhile, and a few faceoffs a game. But I doubt Trotz is going to make big changes to his plans, and putting Wilson at center all of a sudden would be a big change.

Personally, every time I see a turnover or a missed defensive play, I'm glad he's at wing. His corsi numbers seem to be typically below that of his linemates. For a guy good with the puck that surprised me, so maybe it's that he's not as good defensively yet. I think he's a center long term though, but I won't be surprised if he stays at wing even next year. On his current line Leggy has more speed and defensive ability and is the better choice at center. I think Wilson should take the faceoffs on that line though, lol, Leggy has never become very good at them.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 01-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
Hey guys, was just wondering how you all thought Wilson was developing? I don't get to watch many Preds games, but he was quite the player throughout his University career, hopefully he has continued to play well.
Wilson is really showing his skill, strength, and creativity lately. He has been moved around from one line, to the next. From RW, LW and C....due to injuries. Very versatile.
With the "Preds System", which is defense first, 33 has had to make some adjustments. It seemed he was reluctant to be creative, because if it ended in a turn over, his ice time was cut.
As of late, he seems comfortable to use "his strengths" in making great plays out of nothing, winning battles and using his great shot. The result has been positive.
I still see Wilson as a centerman. He has been a natural center his whole career, until Nashville.
I don't think they will move him to center this season, but next season he will be more mature, and I would think they would use him there.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
roseyc

Wilson has all the tools to be a great player. He's not going to be a great center because Trotz won't play him at center. Trotz is not the one to develop centers.... note in case is Legwand. His play is more suited at center and maybe his inconsistency is because of him not playing center. Playing with Svatos and on the PP with SK will help his offensive game Trotz is more teaching the defensive parts of his game but he doesn't know how to teach his offensive game at all. Trotz doesn't look for his centers to be offensive. Trotz like the wingers more for mostly grinders to bang the boards.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Ace2008

Wilson is best at Center but how much more do people see him growing physically?

Mckeens lists him @ 6'1/215

lets say that he's 210 after some mid season weight loss

how much more growth physically if any?

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote