HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 43|Ottawa vs. Boston|SNET-E|7:00 pm

Old
01-12-2011, 12:02 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 500
Clouston is going to be collateral damage. The guy that needs to be fired is Murray. If by some chance, Murray is allowed to fire Clouston and get back behind the bench, I am finished with this team until they get rid of Murray.

Fuhr has it right. Muray needs to go, like yesterday.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:10 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

Only 8 wins in our last 28 games.

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Sensfanman

Yeah I don't think Clouston's the root cause of all this. He just looks like he can't get anything to work aka he's lost the room. Is that his fault? Maybe, but we've had Paddock the softy who's lack of discipline caused a massive second half collapse after the "Habs record beaters" started to unravel. We've had Hartsy and his terrible system but generally right attitude. Then we get Clouston who started off on the right foot for a year and a half, then we start this year and he's lost the room? Again?

Sorry but at what point is it the one relatively constant thing that's the problem?

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:58 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Leafs fan here, but I live in Ottawa so I'm kind of an undercover Sens fan too. Keep your chins up, you guys are looking forward to a good pick and you've got some great tradable assets if you want to rebuild. Trust me, I know tough times.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron

I don't know if it helps, but so far the Sharks are also on the outside looking in. If we don't make the playoffs, I just hope Heatley doesn't either.

DrEasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post
Yeah I don't think Clouston's the root cause of all this. He just looks like he can't get anything to work aka he's lost the room. Is that his fault? Maybe, but we've had Paddock the softy who's lack of discipline caused a massive second half collapse after the "Habs record beaters" started to unravel. We've had Hartsy and his terrible system but generally right attitude. Then we get Clouston who started off on the right foot for a year and a half, then we start this year and he's lost the room? Again?

Sorry but at what point is it the one relatively constant thing that's the problem?
Truth

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfanman View Post

Yup which is why the next "big move" is crucial and that move should be a core player leaving town (Phillips or Fisher) and not another coach being turfed.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Icelevel
Relentless

dumbest fans of all time?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Yup which is why the next "big move" is crucial and that move should be a core player leaving town (Phillips or Fisher) and not another coach being turfed.
There is a lot of validity to this. That said I would move Fisher way before I would ever move Phillips and it can't be for scraps. The reason either of these guys would be moved is because the return will help prop upa rebuild going forward with a legit player(s) who can contrivute to that.

I don't want to come off like our core players are untouchable or can't be moved, but it has to be the right move with the right return.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Good luck Sens. lol

http://www.massport.com/logan-airpor...px?airport=BOS

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:26 AM
HockeyTownUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay View Post
Good thing they don't fly commercial then.....

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTownUSA View Post
Good thing they don't fly commercial then.....
I assume they have to adhere to the conditions as well...

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Jesus Christ that was an ugly game. Watching the highlights this morning on SC was painful

Alex The Loyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
HockeyTownUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay View Post
I assume they have to adhere to the conditions as well...
For safety concerns, of course, but they do not have to be put into the queue and wait hours upon hours for boarding and takeoff.

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:13 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
The problem with that is I really don't see those guys as the problem.
Philips has been having a down year, but I don't believe he's done.

And Fisher is our second leading goal scorer - who the hell is going to replace that next year?

I want to discard the horrible guys Murray brought in. Kovalev - did anybody scout him before that signing? And Leclaire?
I find it hard to believe any decent scout would recommend Kovalev after looking at tape of his last year in Montreal.

Kuba was a good trade at the time, but he doesn't look good these days. Campoli doesn't really warrant what we gave up, and although Regin had a good playoffs, it doesn't make up for his regular season woes - this year or most of last. (I know Murray didn't draft him)

Michalek wasn't the player he was billed as - just watching his weak efforts and falling down all the time has soured me on him. Not to mention the knee injuries.

Anyway, I'd try retooling instead of rebuilding. I don't believe the core guys are the problem. Every time I think of Spezza play with Cheechoo I want to grind my teeth.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote