HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

MIN@NSH 01/11/2011 The "6 Pack Gone In The First? That's How We Roll" Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2011, 10:38 AM
  #101
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
I think alcoholism and Chik's mojo are working well. Keep it up.

If, and I say IF, the mojo goes, Token you are the call up because you still have a streak going.

Preds are 5 pts from 9th place, and 7 pts on Detroit who lost.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
  #102
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
I like how NHL on the Fly says that we're playing good and all when they get to us, but I loathe how they kept putting off our win to show live coverage of the TOR/SJ game and kept talking about Canadian teams. When will we get the love the deserve?

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:23 PM
  #103
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
During Coach Trotz' post-game interview, the one thing that stood out to me was:

"If Spals had scored that 3rd goal for the hat trick, I think the entire bench would have cleared. It would have been worth the 2-minute penalty."

That is just AWESOME!!!!

That is a fantastic quote, wouldn't you love to be the player the whole team felt that way about??
It really is gratifying to see Nick putting his game together. As other observed he has made that 3rd line into a game changing force like it has never been.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
  #104
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,655
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
As other observed he has made that 3rd line into a game changing force like it has never been.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
  #105
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Let me start by saying I'm thrilled with SK74s season so far. But how would you rate his game last night? I saw a couple of cross-ice passes that easily could have resulted in odd man rushes. Was he forcing the passes last night, or do they normally end up on a linemates stick?

By the way, I love his muted demeanor when he scores. It's a "just another day at the office" attitude that exudes confidence.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
  #106
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
I like how NHL on the Fly says that we're playing good and all when they get to us, but I loathe how they kept putting off our win to show live coverage of the TOR/SJ game and kept talking about Canadian teams. When will we get the love the deserve?
They're doing us a favor. When there's too much attention we can't sneak up on people.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
  #107
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
They're doing us a favor. When there's too much attention we can't sneak up on people.
What is there to sneak up on, though? The educated fans know where we are at and know how good we are. It's the media that needs to know now. I'm tired of being placed on the backburner when we consistently make the playoffs and create noise in the regular season. They always mention it as "management has done a good job in Nashville," but it's for about 5 seconds and onto a Canadian team. Maybe we'll never get that coverage, but I wish we did.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
  #108
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
They're doing us a favor. When there's too much attention we can't sneak up on people.
Agreed. I want other teams (Well, fans...) to show up and not realize they've brought a knife to a gunfight. More fun that way.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
  #109
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
They're doing us a favor. When there's too much attention we can't sneak up on people.
Yep. Same way when threads get started wanting respect for our team or a certain player. Mostly that's me being superstitious but I also think there's some truth to it (outside of on here, of course). Yes, our boys deserve the recognition but I think our team also feeds off of the underdog reputation. The idea that they are constantly having to prove someone wrong. I love hearing Hornquist constantly saying "we don't have no superstars" and the team has bought into the idea of having to be a team.

I personally like it that way. When we finally get passed the first round and beyond, it's going to make it so much sweeter when we're considered the team that upset what should have happened.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:30 PM
  #110
melfunction
Registered User
 
melfunction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
I like how NHL on the Fly says that we're playing good and all when they get to us, but I loathe how they kept putting off our win to show live coverage of the TOR/SJ game and kept talking about Canadian teams. When will we get the love the deserve?
Neither a full hour of Sports Centre nor a half hour of Hockey Central last night had highlights of the game.

I like the team mentality mentioned above in the "no superstar" quote, I like the lack of over-hype, and I like being the underdog sometimes and coming up from behind. But 30 seconds of highlights would be nice.

melfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
  #111
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
FWIW, they did show our highlights on NHL on the FLy last night, it was right around 11:30 the first time around and then after all the late games finished I imagine they showed it on the repeat reel all night. I get frustrated but it happens.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
  #112
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Let me start by saying I'm thrilled with SK74s season so far. But how would you rate his game last night? I saw a couple of cross-ice passes that easily could have resulted in odd man rushes. Was he forcing the passes last night, or do they normally end up on a linemates stick?

By the way, I love his muted demeanor when he scores. It's a "just another day at the office" attitude that exudes confidence.
He did have some drop passes last night on the rush that were ill advised. But I also see some of this stuff were trying shows we are a confident team right now and are willing to put some creativity into our game. I don't want the guys to stop playing with that confidence. If I'm Trotz I probably just tap SK on the shin pads at practice and tell him to be a little more careful with those drop passes off the rush.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:46 PM
  #113
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
He did have some drop passes last night on the rush that were ill advised. But I also see some of this stuff were trying shows we are a confident team right now and are willing to put some creativity into our game. I don't want the guys to stop playing with that confidence. If I'm Trotz I probably just tap SK on the shin pads at practice and tell him to be a little more careful with those drop passes off the rush.
I didn't notice the drop passes. I saw 2 cross-ice passes just inside the blueline that were picked of. I wonder if his recent success is just a matter of high risk, high reward. If so, asking him to be careful may cause just enough hesitation to dampen his playmaking.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:06 PM
  #114
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,113
vCash: 500
the picked off passes also could mean that clubs have a scouting report on him...

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  #115
jlsg
Registered User
 
jlsg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
With success comes confidence. Sometimes that confidence can get the best of you. As a coach you have to be careful not to kill that, but get it in control. You don't want to kill the Serge buzz right now. I'd rather he take a chance now and again then not to.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:59 PM
  #116
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
What is there to sneak up on, though? The educated fans know where we are at and know how good we are. It's the media that needs to know now. I'm tired of being placed on the backburner when we consistently make the playoffs and create noise in the regular season. They always mention it as "management has done a good job in Nashville," but it's for about 5 seconds and onto a Canadian team. Maybe we'll never get that coverage, but I wish we did.
I'd prefer the media just leave us alone. We fans pay attention, of course, but it's probably best not to even mention oh, you know, rankings and streaks and such. We know, the team knows. It's like we're all pulling off a major prank on the whole league. The team wins games and we play along with the mojo. It's our contribution.

Have you ever heard of that Phantom Galaxy--M74? What's weird is it's chugging right along doing its galaxy thing...until you look at it. You can NOT see it because it disappears when you look at it. That's how the Preds are. A little phantom team. Don't look at them directly and they prosper.


http://earthsky.org/tonight/moon-ari...%28EarthSky%29

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
  #117
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Adzy, I love you. I also love anyone on here that completely understands what she just said because it's exactly how I feel about the whole being a sports fan thing.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:07 PM
  #118
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Adzy, I love you. I also love anyone on here that completely understands what she just said because it's exactly how I feel about the whole being a sports fan thing.

Exactly



Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:33 PM
  #119
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
What is there to sneak up on, though? The educated fans know where we are at and know how good we are. It's the media that needs to know now. I'm tired of being placed on the backburner when we consistently make the playoffs and create noise in the regular season. They always mention it as "management has done a good job in Nashville," but it's for about 5 seconds and onto a Canadian team. Maybe we'll never get that coverage, but I wish we did.
Milly, having moved to Florida recently I have had to watch a lot of Center Ice. I've also had to listen to a different announcing team on most nights other than Pete and Terry. I cannot tell you how much they praise our franchise from top to bottom. They are always saying how hard a team we are to play against, how Trotz has been our only coach, yadda yadda yadda. I would love for the national media to get it. First I would love the local media to get it that much more. You're not going to have global success until you have local success. I think the Tennessean is doing a much better job and letting Josh Cooper off the leash. Even the article last week about ownership was not slanted as it had been in the past. Baby steps. It will come in time and while it may not be at light speed, I see the change happening.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
  #120
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Adzy, I love you. I also love anyone on here that completely understands what she just said because it's exactly how I feel about the whole being a sports fan thing.
Such a huge contrast being a pred and leaf etc fan. The spotlight is on for every game, every shift, gets annoying after a while, especially as a fan, but more so because of the over analyzing going on. Predators, the league's best kept secret.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:09 PM
  #121
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Milly, having moved to Florida recently I have had to watch a lot of Center Ice. I've also had to listen to a different announcing team on most nights other than Pete and Terry. I cannot tell you how much they praise our franchise from top to bottom. They are always saying how hard a team we are to play against, how Trotz has been our only coach, yadda yadda yadda. I would love for the national media to get it. First I would love the local media to get it that much more. You're not going to have global success until you have local success. I think the Tennessean is doing a much better job and letting Josh Cooper off the leash. Even the article last week about ownership was not slanted as it had been in the past. Baby steps. It will come in time and while it may not be at light speed, I see the change happening.
What is odd is that there for awhile that the Tennessean was feeding the Canadian Press more than hindering them. I think that is why the national media doesn't give us the pub because our local media mostly doesn't have a clue. The national media for any sport is basically bandwagon driven. They don't intiate anything but the tried and true. So they think our local interest reflect what local media indicates. But that far from the truth. It still going to take playoff sucess for this franchise can get the public on board and then the local media will act like they always been there.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
  #122
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
i actually feel bad for this guy. some of those have to hurt!

almost, that guy looked like 4x4. didn't have the corners covered.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:16 PM
  #123
cullcullcull
 
cullcullcull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
During Coach Trotz' post-game interview, the one thing that stood out to me was:

"If Spals had scored that 3rd goal for the hat trick, I think the entire bench would have cleared. It would have been worth the 2-minute penalty."

That is just AWESOME!!!!

My friend got some video of the first Spaling goal, He had the camera ready hoping for the third. Would have been way too awesome

cullcullcull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.