HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Capitals @ Panthers "Ovy In Town"

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2011, 08:01 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
they have no reason. any time a team loses like the panthers have lost, someone's gotta pay, or so the story goes. ok, so it was his poor between period speeches? hmm. then how'd the team batten the hatches and play a pretty solid 2nd half of the 3rd after that tying goal? came out pretty strong in the OT too.

i understand the frustration but the truth is this team's problems are multi-faceted. pete is just the easiest target.
Because thats how sports work. The team blew yet another 3-0 lead with PDB behind the bench. All teams blow leads, but not on a consistant basis like we do. Just like any sport, when a team fails or struggles, the coach is always the one that gets blamed and canned. Its just how it is. And his excuse of "they were tired" is complete ********. Its like he uses that after every loss. Granted we got the 2 points which is huge, but its the coach's responsibility to get the team ready and get them to play a full 60 minutes. Not 2 periods, not the OT, the FULL game. He just cant do it and these blown leads are the result. I dont know what he tells these guys in the locker room, but its like the coaches and players just get into a real comfort level knowing nothing will be done. Even with Tallon here, these guys, coaches and players need a message to be sent. Blowing leads as often as we do is completely unacceptable and something needs to be done about it. But all this organization does is talk.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Ugh only watched the highlights but that 3rd goal we gave up was pitiful how could a player so easily put the puck into the net between 3 of our players. One of the few times I wish Allen had been there at the side of the net. Hopefully stuff like this will change with Guds coming in and hopefully more edgy players. Opponents can freely wail at our goalies every game. How about Vokoun. Sheesh has he been bad

Old
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Are you talking in coach talk (as I coach too) that... players have to take ownership. It does make sense and is logical. I am not a PDB. basher around here, but I know some are for sure.
yes, you could put it that way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
Because thats how sports work. The team blew yet another 3-0 lead with PDB behind the bench. All teams blow leads, but not on a consistant basis like we do. Just like any sport, when a team fails or struggles, the coach is always the one that gets blamed and canned. Its just how it is. And his excuse of "they were tired" is complete ********. Its like he uses that after every loss. Granted we got the 2 points which is huge, but its the coach's responsibility to get the team ready and get them to play a full 60 minutes. Not 2 periods, not the OT, the FULL game. He just cant do it and these blown leads are the result. I dont know what he tells these guys in the locker room, but its like the coaches and players just get into a real comfort level knowing nothing will be done. Even with Tallon here, these guys, coaches and players need a message to be sent. Blowing leads as often as we do is completely unacceptable and something needs to be done about it. But all this organization does is talk.
i've tried to give you some bits of info, both about the coaching side of things and about pete's track record with this team in terms of holding leads. i'm sure everyone can relate to your frustration but you are not seeing the situation clearly or correctly. pete is not going to be fired for these blown leads. other than pointing out that tallon, who played at that level, is still IN the game understands these factors and, as MR said, is behind pete, there's nothing else one can do.

Old
01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post

this is an unfair comment. of course pete's going to be a bit more giddy. he ****ing won. likewise for boudreau. the last x games don't mean a thing. he LOST.

for the record, one thing i've heard consistently from nhl players over the years is that they appreciate coaches who are upbeat and positive. the season's a grind, things don't always go your way, etc., etc. that's one of the reasons why boudreau was a better fit with the happy-go-lucky, talented caps. you heard the pens talk about that same thing on 24/7 regarding bylsma. however, now, it's a "affect" (according to poster below) and a bad thing? that's a load.

If DeBoer would've lost, he either would've:
A) Just called the Caps more talented.
or
B) Blame the loss of fatigue.

He wasn't laughing because he won; he was laughing because it's who he is. He might be the most even-keel coach in the NHL. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but as a fan of a losing team, it pisses me off...because I'm a fan. All in all, it's probably irrelevant.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is DeBoer's last year here, based on Tallon's comments on how the team has played, etc.

Old
01-12-2011, 03:09 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
If DeBoer would've lost, he either would've:
A) Just called the Caps more talented.
or
B) Blame the loss of fatigue.

He wasn't laughing because he won; he was laughing because it's who he is. He might be the most even-keel coach in the NHL. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but as a fan of a losing team, it pisses me off...because I'm a fan. All in all, it's probably irrelevant.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is DeBoer's last year here, based on Tallon's comments on how the team has played, etc.
i understand but i do think it's irrelevant.

and i think you have to frame those comments a bit broader and understand that he's talking to his team as well.

Closed Thread