HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lehner will start tomorrow.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post
Compared to Detroit, vancouver, and half the rest of the league, they are a joke right now.
There not a joke most teams at one or or another call up young players etc.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
So how was he developping by riding pine in Ottawa watching Elliott play hockey? The guy hasn't played 20 games of hockey since the beginning of the year and now we want to evaluate if the can jump in the NHL next year?

Please, this is another pathetic patching job by Murray. Lehner should be playing at the very least a full year of hockey in the AHL before we even consider starting a NHL season with him on the roster. That's not a slight to him, it's a reality for all the best goalies in the NHL.
Agreed 100%

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
So how was he developping by riding pine in Ottawa watching Elliott play hockey? The guy hasn't played 20 games of hockey since the beginning of the year and now we want to evaluate if the can jump in the NHL next year?

Please, this is another pathetic patching job by Murray. Lehner should be playing at the very least a full year of hockey in the AHL before we even consider starting a NHL season with him on the roster. That's not a slight to him, it's a reality for all the best goalies in the NHL.
he is going to start next game you should be happy that he is being developed now.

now ST FU

HSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
copying the cup winner isn't anything new lots of teams do it.

i thought it was dumb you thinking we were copying Tor.

last time i checked we brought Elliott up in a poor season and we had some early success too.
Lots of teams doing it isn't an argument especially for a team like Ottawa who kept its identity through the years.

No,we weren't copying Toronto because they weren't the inventors of calling up young goaltenders and starting them. It just worked for some teams this season and this is the reason why I see them giving a start to Robin as opposed to giving a start because he earned it in the AHL . Elliott earned that start

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
KarlSen

Right or wrong, Lehner playing is a reason to watch the game.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:01 PM
yarre

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8402698.ab

quote from Lehner "I think I am going to get a shutout against the islanders", atleast he is cooky as usual... Bad for your lotteryhunt though.

yarre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarre View Post
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8402698.ab

quote from Lehner "I think I am going to get a shutout against the islanders", atleast he is cooky as usual... Bad for your lotteryhunt though.
If he's going to get shutouts at will for the next 15 years I don't care about the lottery.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner Fan Boy View Post
With Elliott stinking it up, Leclaire out and Brodeur doing no good even though he's only came in a couple of times, why not give the kid a chance? If he does good in front of this **** team now then we can be happy that he may be even better when he has a team in front of him and it will give us something to look forward to. If he stinks it up, he goes back to the AHL knowing that he has to improve his game. He's the kind of guy that won't hurt his confidence if he does bad, and he wants to work to be the best, whether he has to spend it in the AHL or not, he's said that.

Looking forward to this game, go Lehner.
You better hope that the D plays better for Lehner than Elliot last game. The reincarnate of George Vezina, or Terry Sawchuk would of looked bad too, if they had a team in front of them that coughed up the puck THAT much!

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
If I was evaluating talent and NHL projection at the WJC I would have been impressed with what I saw from Lehner....basically about just as impressive as Jack Campbell considering the season as a whole they have both had.

Icing goal, goal off bounce off corner...the one he let through his legs probably being the worst goal he's ever let in....yeah other than that...he was sharp and made a lot of saves look easy because of how big and athletic he is.

2nd star last night in the Bingo win.
He totally **** the bed against Canada where he let in 3 really soft goals, and one semi soft. With a better goalie Sweden would've won that game 5-1.

But I hope he'll prove me wrong tomorrow

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:06 PM
SDhybrid47

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay View Post
Clouston just announced it. The future is now! for one game at least.

Go Robbie Go!

SDhybrid47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:08 PM
SDhybrid47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
He totally **** the bed against Canada where he let in 3 really soft goals, and one semi soft. With a better goalie Sweden would've won that game 5-1.

true...but TBH, the second it went to a shootout, i knew canada was done, cuz goaltending was the upper hand,

but you're right he's got a bit to prove tomorrw

Old
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDhybrid47 View Post
true...but TBH, the second it went to a shootout, i knew canada was done, cuz goaltending was the upper hand,

but you're right he's got a bit to prove tomorrw

I really hope that Ottawa can be a Swedish colony, so I really hope that he's the starting goalie next season. Tomorrow might be a good indicator whether that'll be true or not

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
SDhybrid47

Quote:
I really hope that Ottawa can be a Swedish colony, so I really hope that he's the starting goalie next season. Tomorrow might be a good indicator whether that'll be true or not

i would love more swedes...next up either, Larsson or Landeskog
Larsson-Karlsson in front of Lehner....diiirty

Old
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

The one threw his leg was probably the worst goal he's ever let in, glad he got it out of the way. The one off the bad bounce? Hard to fault. Which was semi-soft? The opening goal? His defensemen tied him up.

And then he won the game.

The problem is that was many people's first impression of him...his blend of size and athleticism makes him a very strong candidate to be a long time NHL starter.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Vicarious

I think its way to soon to call him up. Let him develop more. Stop rushing the goalies.

Vicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalCityGoofball View Post
He seems to be a pretty confidant guy, borderline cocky. Not worried it will affect his development at all.
He's not cocky one bit. I talked to him and he is such an easy going guy who leads by example. I picture him as a young Alfredsson, always trying to improve in his game with a strong will to win.

He is just extremely confident in himself to do better every game.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote