HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers looking to make another deal

Old
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

vCash: 500
I would highly dislike dealing Zuccarello for Kaberle.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
Any chance Zuccarello will be traded? ( im in the prosess of booking tickets to new york in feb. to see the pitbull sniper live. so a trade would be very inconvenient hehe)

Toronto wanted him just as much as rangers did this summer, Burke apparently likes Mats very much. Could he be part of a Kaberle deal?

according to this site Toronto also wantet Wolski and asked coyotes if Wolski + pic for beauchemin was a possibility. but i guess they liked Rozy more.

I hope not. I think he has the talent to become, with time and more experience, a good second liner. He may fail, but I would hold on to him to see what happens. It's not that easy to find young second liners, so if someone has even a 50-50 chance, let's not trade him before we know what he'll end up being.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Any chance Zuccarello will be traded? ( im in the prosess of booking tickets to new york in feb. to see the pitbull sniper live. so a trade would be very inconvenient hehe)

Toronto wanted him just as much as rangers did this summer, Burke apparently likes Mats very much. Could he be part of a Kaberle deal?

according to this site Toronto also wantet Wolski and asked coyotes if Wolski + pic for beauchemin was a possibility. but i guess they liked Rozy more.
no chance at all.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
NYR_LAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Maybe Drury is involved......
Drury + Grachev (or Whoever) for Iginla WOULD be another awesome Sather magic trick... sign Richards this summer. Win.

does Drury like Calgary ?

NYR_LAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_LAT View Post
Drury + Grachev (or Whoever) for Iginla WOULD be another awesome Sather magic trick... sign Richards this summer. Win.

No. He played for Calgary during the 2002-2003 season, and he did not like it.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_LAT View Post

ehhhhhhhhhhh

I mean, dont get me wrong, I love Iginla...i just don't thing Calgary will move him....like, under any circumstances. and honestly, im not sure i want him...id sign richards (no giving up assets) before trading for Iginla. Drury has a year left and can be bought out, so hes becoming less and less of a concern.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:30 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Artem Anisimov will get a big raise. He deserves it.
does he really though? i think he's been solid but i think a lot of people have been overhyping him. he hasn't been amazing like most people make him out to be this year.

like someone else already said he'll get a similar deal as dubinsky did after his first few years.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Name that I haven't heard mentioned in any rumors, but I think would make sense for #NYR: Anton Babchuk

01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Rangers44*

I think it will be Cory Sarich. Big upgrade over Gilroy IMO.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:43 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I think it will be Cory Sarich. Big upgrade over Gilroy IMO.
I'd rather have Gilroy at this point to be honest. If he keeps playing like he has been the past few games, he could be a solid contributer on the 3rd pairing. He's basically our only legitimate puck mover right now, something that is kind of a bad thing. But he has good offensive abilities. Something that Sarich dreams about. He's old, slow, and on a bad contract. No thank you.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
does he really though? i think he's been solid but i think a lot of people have been overhyping him. he hasn't been amazing like most people make him out to be this year.

like someone else already said he'll get a similar deal as dubinsky did after his first few years.
yes, he REALLY does. hes our best defensive center by far. he's probably our best defensive forward period. Hes 6 points away from beating what he did all of last year. hes one of our best penalty killers, and oh yeah, is only 22 years old. hes a 60+ point player in the making who can play elite level defensive hockey. You almost never see Anisimov do something wrong in his own zone. Its so rare that ppl are almost shocked and point it out when it happens.

Hes the kinda guy you win championships with. Pavel Datsyuk-lite

Old
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Robyn Regehr

Old
01-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I'd rather have Gilroy at this point to be honest. If he keeps playing like he has been the past few games, he could be a solid contributer on the 3rd pairing. He's basically our only legitimate puck mover right now, something that is kind of a bad thing. But he has good offensive abilities. Something that Sarich dreams about. He's old, slow, and on a bad contract. No thank you.
Gilroy's offense doesn't impress me at all, and defensively he sucks, especially wait till you see him getting killed in the playoffs every night by good hungry teams.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:46 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Robyn Regehr
I'd take a chance on him if the price is right. Problem is, we don't have any big salaries other than Drury to add. What would be his prorated cap hit? Because I would give up a 2nd and a solid prospect to add Railroad to our blueline:

Staal-Girardi
Regher-Gilroy/Del Zotto
Eminger-Sauer

Old
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Name that I haven't heard mentioned in any rumors, but I think would make sense for #NYR: Anton Babchuk
I wish. Babchuk would be great here, his shot is absolutely lethal. Every time he fires the puck, my heart jumps into my throat. That being said, he's already been traded this year. I can't imagine him being shipped off yet again, but I guess it's possible. Anybody know what Calgary gave up for him?

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:53 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

It was White and Kostopolous for Babchuk and Brett Sutter.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:

Yes, statistically he is on pace to almost double his production from last season which is huge, he's stil growing into his body and getting his offensive instincts. He's great defensively and is a really smart player, he deserves the money for all the non scoresheet stuff he does, defense and PK etc. His stats may not WOW people but he's steadily progressing which is all you can ask of a 22 year old center, I do think however he will be the guy sather plays hardball with, it think he'll cave and give dubi what he wants/deserves, he'll also give into Callahan easily, he's been a cornerstone of this team and it's identity and will be for years to come.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I would highly dislike dealing Zuccarello for Kaberle.
not happening

01-12-2011, 10:19 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Robyn Regehr
Yes!!!

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Zero chance... Not only is he playing well, but because of his age and his Restricted Free Agent status after next season, the Rangers have the opportunity to retain a skilled young player while spending minimal cap space on him... He's giving them good value in terms of bang for buck (cap space) and will continue to do so for the immediate future.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

I agree with you to an extent.. I mean the games where he's been "on" he's really stood out and looks promising in terms of his development... But he's still very inconsistent and the games where he's "off" he looks more like the player we saw last season.... If he could have a much more consistent 2nd half of the season I'd be willing to put more emphasis on this being a positive developmental year... I'd like to see him hit 20 goals or come close to it...

Old
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
free0717

for some reason and this scares me, I think Sather is gonna pull a deal on Spezza @ the Deadline. And it will involve prospects and picks.

I say Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
for some reason and this scares me, I think Sather is gonna pull a deal on Spezza @ the Deadline. And it will involve prospects and picks.

I can't even imagine how that would work cap wise.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

why? hes not moved prospects or picks of significance in a while...

Old
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Most certainly not... Check Spezza's production on the season...