HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosbyless Refguins Crush Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
sheed36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
It's pretty fitting considering most of their fanbase doesn't know that shootouts didn't exist pre-lockout.
That wouldn't surprise me at all.. They all joined the Crosby bandwagon..

Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Saying Fleury led his team is like saying Pittsburgh actually had fans before Crosby and Malkin got drafted.
Fleury had his best year the season they lost in the Finals. But that is about it...he has been medicore the rest of his career...winning the Cup behind Crosby and Malkin...great accomplishment lol.

Old
Franky Gee

Is it me or there's a thread concerning something happening in the Habs game on the main board everytime they play ?

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Habs were not themselves tonight. The number of odd man rushes given up tonight was highly irregular. They got out of the snowstorm in NYC last but I think they forgot to bring their heads with them. Its time to re-energize and get ready for a big game against the rangers.

As for the "gesture", I didnt even think about it until it was brought up tonight and I'm baffled by how much was made out of it. Anyways, it seems to have fueled the pens a little bit, so no matter what the intentions were from Price, it helped the opposition and should not be done again. It seems like the nhl community is more sensitive over these types of little things than any other professional sport.

Remember, this was the pens first win against montreal since the playoffs, and their first win in 5 games against the habs in total. Combine that with the choke job against boston and montreal playing last night, it seemed like a perfect storm for a loss.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He has won a cup. Other than that he has been behind a good team, don't kid yourself. Has he carried this team, no. This team has always been carried by Crosby.

If it was Martin Broduer I would respect it and it would be saying something, coming from Fleury it is petty and he isn't a big enough goalie in the NHL yet to think he carries such stature.

I would love to see how well he would be doing on another team, he would be exposed so badly it wouldn't be funny. This is the goalie that lost his #1 position this year against a career back up in Johnson.

He isn't that good, he is built up and hyped up because of the 1st rounders club in Pittsburgh; Crosby, Malkin, Staal and himself.
He has a lot more stature than Price...give me a break.

Old
Aud Won*

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Fleury had his best year the season they lost in the Finals. But that is about it...he has been medicore the rest of his career...winning the Cup behind Crosby and Malkin...great accomplishment lol.
But that's more than what Price has accomplished at the NHL level, eh?

Old
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Not at all, Im just an objective fan, and the joke is that he did the exact same thing as Price. If he did something totally unique it would miss the whole point.
Again, i GET why he did it, i thought it was lame. If u think it was the most awesome thing to ever happen in trashtalking, well good for u buddy

Old
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Stradale

From Tony Marinaro.

The Pouliot hat trick: Slashing/high sticking/hooking.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
JayBee*

Some Hab fans are such hypocritical babies sometimes.

If PK and/or Subban did what Fleury did...you'd have your knee pads ready to go... but how dare someone else do it!

Old
01-12-2011, 09:30 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Lapierre's entire job is to instigate though.
So what. Price was acting cocky about his win. I'm not saying it was horrible, but obviously the Pens thought it was pretty cool to beat him in a high scoring game. So Fleury was just like there you go pal. And Price did the same thing. He didn't have to play a hot game to do it. He just made Price eat his own move. I could care less about Fleury normally, but fact is he won the zinger battle here. Price set himself up for the zing. That's life. Price will learn from that.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud Won View Post
Was it lame when price mocked the pens last week? NAH, you enjoyed that.

Big win for our penguins!
It was childish from Price and childish from Fleury.

Bet you enjoyed Fleury's though.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
RE-HABS

Habs win the next one, Price should re-act the Fleury WJC give-away that cost us the gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJmhM0pvpOo

Old
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
It was childish from Price and childish from Fleury.

Bet you enjoyed Fleury's though.
Yeah but when its harmless little bit of payback like that, I dont look down on it so much. Price set himself up for it.

Old
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
refs won this one for sure.. and what's with tsn bashing price so much over his pose?

Old
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Some Hab fans are such hypocritical babies sometimes.

If PK and/or Subban did what Fleury did...you'd have your knee pads ready to go... but how dare someone else do it!
I'm convinced you don't even like this team. All you do is point out hypocrisy and put down our players. Go cheer for a team who will cheer for both sides and let everybody win. It's a sports team, of course we're going to cheer for our team.. and on the same end why wouldn't we be upset when someone does it to us?

If you're playing a game of risk do you not invade your friend because it would upset you if he invaded you? You are a very silly person.

Old
RE-HABS

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Brodeur would have never done Fleury's imitation.

That's why Brodeur is considered up here as a person.

And Fleury is down here.
Fleury is not the most mature, nor smartest guy around. He looks like a moron with a suit and wearing his cap backwards. And I still remember this brain fart at the world juniors and that time during a playoffs game introduction when he ran down the hall to jump on the ice but tripped and fell on his face.

Old
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud Won View Post
Was it lame when price mocked the pens last week? NAH, you enjoyed that.

Big win for our penguins!
No that wasnt lame, it was original. If Fleury would have come up with his own shtick, it wouldhave been better. Reminds me when I was a kid and id tell another kid he stunk and hed reply no u stink. Lame and so was Fleury.

Old
sheed36

Quote:
All I can say is next game first shot from the point is a head shot to Fleury from the Wiz. A little here we come, can't wait.
Wouldn't surprise me to see MAF sit the next Habs/Pens game but I hope he isn't...

Old
01-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Yeah but when its harmless little bit of payback like that, I dont look down on it so much. Price set himself up for it.
Well what if Habs beat the Pens next game?

Honestly, like I said, this would have been over if the Pens were classy and took the high route. But they didn't and I didn't expect them to.

Old
hiptanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Being on a great team does not a great goaltender make. Common mistake, but when you think about it for five seconds, you realize how silly it is.
Logical fallacy my friend. Being on a great team doesn't in any way negate the role of the goaltender, which is what it all boils down to. It's quite funny that people here still question MA Fleury's pedigree by holding him to a playoff loss last year and a WJC loss several years ago. Well, Patrick Roy once gave up 6 goals in a Game 7 Conference Finals game before the 2nd period had ended. Dominik Hasek once gave up an overtime Game 7 goal to Darius freaking Kasparitis. It happens to the best of them. Go back and watch games 6 and 7 of the '09 Stanley Cup Finals and remind yourself how Fleury stole the show on the biggest stage in hockey. When Price has accomplished half of that, give me a ring.

Old
Gary320

I love that Fleury imitated Price. I also loved the Price pose. No biasness what so ever.

Stop blaming the refs, we were really indisciplined.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiptanaka View Post
Logical fallacy my friend. Being on a great team doesn't in any way negate the role of the goaltender, which is what it all boils down to. It's quite funny that people here still question MA Fleury's pedigree by holding him to a playoff loss last year and a WJC loss several years ago. Well, Patrick Roy once gave up 6 goals in a Game 7 Conference Finals game before the 2nd period had ended. Dominik Hasek once gave up an overtime Game 7 goal to Darius freaking Kasparitis. It happens to the best of them. Go back and watch games 6 and 7 of the '09 Stanley Cup Finals and remind yourself how Fleury stole the show on the biggest stage in hockey. When Price has accomplished half of that, give me a ring.
That is actually irrelevant to the original point you're trying to argue.

When you can make a coherent argument, give me a ring.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfish12 View Post
LOL at they guy listing Prices accomplishments. I mean its awesome and all he has world junior gold, but so does half the NHL. If you want to compare goalie trophies, neither has won a vezina or jennings. But Fleury does have a cup and Price does not. So as far as it goes Fleury-1 Price-0
Heh. Typical of how goalies are evaluated by people who really should know better: with what their team happened to win when they're in goal. What's suprising is how little that actually tells you about how good the goalie in question is. It's annoying.

Listing their teams' accomplishments is largely pointless. The important thing is whether they stop pucks, and in that category, Price is a better goalie than Fleury. With his performance this season Fleury's career save percentage has inched up to .908. For Price, a .908 season would be considered very subpar (.905 was considered an epic disaster for him). This speaks to the unreasonable expectations put on Price, really, but it also puts all those claims of Fleury as an elite goalie in perspective.

Using team accomplishments to evaluate goaltending is the silliest cliché there is. I wish more people would stop and think about it for a minute, because it makes no sense. But people don't and it's going to make Chris Osgood into a Hall of Famer.

Old
01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
Habs win the next one, Price should re-act the Fleury WJC give-away that cost us the gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJmhM0pvpOo
Made my night.. thank you

Closed Thread